The "Fuck you cancer!" thread

Mr. cookie and I were together five short years.

After almost 4 long years, my amazing, strong, kind, super smart husband died peacefully from ALS.

My heart is shattered. My brain tells me (and my heart knows) wherever he is, he is free from this wretched, wicked disease.

Fuck you, fuck you fuck you fuck you ALS

Somehow I only just saw this. I'm so sorry, Cookie. Wishing you peace and healing and the strength to last until those things arrive. *hugs*

Time to get out of bed.

I hate this Rumi quote...

71e68b78055bf5ccd8334501cf561443.png

and it has saved my life several times :heart:

ps: Fuck ALS

^^^ one little step at a time...

Thanks to everyone for kind words and thoughts.

I feel a little rudderless. Mr. cookie kept me afloat. It's a weird feeling.

Support comes in all kinds of ways - I really do appreciate the posts and messages.

:rose::rose:

It's been one month, today.

How does time go so fast?

I never thought my heart could keep breaking but it does.

I wish I'd taken 1000 more pictures, said I love you 1000 more times.

Fuck ALS.

Fuck cancer.

Fuck being sick.

Fuck.

Fuck ALS.

Fuck cancer.

Fuck being sick.

Fuck.

*hugs for Cookie*

Fuck ALS.

Fuck cancer.

Fuck being sick.

Fuck.

I've been away from this board for a couple months and did a mega catch-up this morning.

This made me cry.

Cookie - I don't know you or whether it will mean anything, or even whether it's creepy, but I generally only post here when something moves me.

*Huge hug from a stranger.

Cookiecat, I don't think we knew each other while I was here on a regular basis. but you're words are breaking my already broken heart. I can understand some of what you're feeling, having lost the love of my life just over 4 years ago. I still flounder, I still get lost. But you will find your way. To honor him, the love you shared. You will regain some stability, and you will do it not only for yourself, but for him as well. Sending hugs and warm thoughts your way.

I've lost a (another) very dear friend. Depending on what you believe? I know that if there is a Heaven, that's where she is. She was a fierce warrior. Battling breast cancer once, then again, then colon cancer and most recently liver cancer. She rarely complained, hardly ever felt sorry for herself, just took care of herself, working every day she could, and caring for her family as best she could and put one fucking foot in front of the other every damned day. This most recent was too much for her frail body to battle. The fucker won this round. I was lucky to have her friendship. I valued her words, her character, her spirit. I will keep that spirit with me, always.

Fuck ALS.

Fuck cancer.

Fuck being sick.

Fuck.

There’s a lit lovestorm pounding your roof tonight, cookie. A lot of people care about you.

:heart:

FYALS.

(Hi Babyslave. FYC.)

*hugs for Cookie*

<snipped a little>

*Huge hug from a stranger.

hugs are really really good. thank you both. :rose:

<snip> Sending hugs and warm thoughts your way.

I've lost a (another) very dear friend. Depending on what you believe? I know that if there is a Heaven, that's where she is. She was a fierce warrior. Battling breast cancer once, then again, then colon cancer and most recently liver cancer. She rarely complained, hardly ever felt sorry for herself, just took care of herself, working every day she could, and caring for her family as best she could and put one fucking foot in front of the other every damned day. This most recent was too much for her frail body to battle. The fucker won this round. I was lucky to have her friendship. I valued her words, her character, her spirit. I will keep that spirit with me, always.

one more hug! thank you

and right back at you with the hugs for the loss of your friend. it's shocking to me what people can endure. do these things happen for a reason? is it random? i don't think my guy got ALS for any reason, just as i doubt your friend was hit so many times by cancer. but i do believe they were (are?) in our lives for many special reasons. i feel the same as you, babyslave -- i was so lucky he was in my life. :heart:

I love the people in this thread.

There’s a lit lovestorm pounding your roof tonight, cookie. A lot of people care about you.

FYALS.

(Hi Babyslave. FYC.)

little moments, glitter, happy posts - i come here for distraction. instead, i end up with :heart::heart:

thanks, everyone.

Fuck ALS.

Fuck cancer.

Fuck being sick.

Fuck.

No words just big hugs!!! :rose::rose::rose: https://encrypted-tbn0.***********/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSrEOfJRVsXoZRrE1wXBM0P0xxS8qHRTD6UUMG6AocCDfScrUSHIQ FUCK ALS, FUCK CANCER

Life is fleeting. Yet, we all seem to live as if tomorrow is assured. We can put off that trip or that project, we have time. We can see that friend or family member next week. Maybe at the holidays.

These are the tragedies of any funeral, the "We were gonna" stories.

Live life with tomorrow in mind, but live it today; here and now.

Last edited:
It's remarkable in such a terrible way just how many of us have our lives affected by that word, whether it is ourselves, friends or acquaintances, and most surely loved ones. There are battles with it that are fought, some are won, some are not and some are just delayed to be fought again another day. Yet you are always there, seemingly omnipresent, in the shadows, waiting to surface. Why don't you just fucking go away permanently...

Fuck You Cancer!!!! :mad:

After 5 longs years of bravely fighting, Mom passed quickly at home last night. It is a consolation that all that mattered were here to send her off, but the house is SO quiet now.

She was my roomie for 11 years, and I'm really going to miss her.

FYC in spades

After 5 longs years of bravely fighting, Mom passed quickly at home last night. It is a consolation that all that mattered were here to send her off, but the house is SO quiet now.

FYC in spades

(((Hugs))) :heart:

:rose:

FYC in spades

Wishing you peace. :rose:

FYC in spades

So sorry for your loss! *big hug* FYC!!!! :rose::rose:

Mr. cookie and I were together five short years.

After almost 4 long years, my amazing, strong, kind, super smart husband died peacefully from ALS.

My heart is shattered. My brain tells me (and my heart knows) wherever he is, he is free from this wretched, wicked disease.

Fuck you, fuck you fuck you fuck you ALS

Cookie I'm so sorry for your loss.. Absolutely heartbreaking.. Huge hugs xx

Hi all....I haven't been here in awhile because I'm Mom's full time caregiver now, and sometimes it's just too hard or there is never enough time just to reach out and touch base with all of you - a fantastic support system, by the way.
Her cancer has progressed from the lungs to the brain, but she did qualify for a clinical trial - 10 shots of full brain radiation, avoiding the hippocampus to hopefully preserve her memory. We weren't prepared for the after effects that didn't start until a month after the last treatment.
Long story short, I'm working, caregiving and am just grateful for each day we make it through, with the hope of a longer life. No cure - but working on making the time that we have with her the best memories one can have.

Peace, love, healing and light to all of you walking this path. :heart:

Hi Gypsy My mom and I where my Dad's full time career, it was the hardest job ever, but I would not change a day of it.. It allowed me more theme with my Dad ) sadly I lost my Dad 1 July 2017) and I would give my hind teeth to have him back..

If you ever need a chat or need to vent please know my PM is also open to you anybody in fact.. Sending Hugs to you, I know only to well how hard it is physically and mentally, emotionally... Xx

I guess it's time to join this blog.

Father in Law is in Stage 4 bladder cancer. Pissing blood and totally fucked in the pain department. Fucking Dr. won't admit it's hopeless and fucking medicare won't pay even the slightest bills without fucking calling them. I hate begging a system to find mercy for his wonderful soul.

Left wondering how to deal with the pain the whole family will feel when it really ends.

Father in Law is in Stage 4 bladder cancer. Pissing blood and totally fucked in the pain department. Fucking Dr. won't admit it's hopeless and fucking medicare won't pay even the slightest bills without fucking calling them. I hate begging a system to find mercy for his wonderful soul.

Left wondering how to deal with the pain the whole family will feel when it really ends.

:rose:

At times like this, the process should be much easier.

FYC in spades

So sorry for your loss gypsy. wishing you peace in your grief and as you reorder you life without your mom and roommate. I can hardly imagine.

Thank you for posting mortis and so sorry to hear of your father-in-law's illness.
Sending you strength, courage and patience as you navigate as system that is often unable to meet the actual needs of patients and families as they approach death. :(
Just remember to keep loving your dad-in-law each and every day you still have him.

FYC

Back