New faces, come say hello...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can call me James, or JB, it's a scene name, so I can't be too particular. I am 47 years old. I live in Michigan, and those of you interested in making contacts here can feel free to contact me for info on munches, discussion groups, etc.
I am semi-retired, thanks to a partial disability from an on the job injury, work a few side jobs to help pay the bills, but mostly i have the luxury of not having to work full time.
I am a bisexual switch. I have been involved in BDSM in one way or the other since the 1970s. I have been in relationships as both sub and Dom, with both men and women. My most recent formal relationship was as Dom to a wonderful female sub, but currently, my head is in more of a sub mode. I have several regular play partners, but nothing serious on the immediate horizon. I have had the great pleasure of meeting one fellow Litizen, the lovely Miss Caroline, and look forward to getting to know many more people here better.
 
Welcome, welcome to all the new faces! And you older folks, thanks for joining in the welcoming spirit I intended for this thread. You all are just the bestest. ;)

A couple of things I forgot in my original post: I'm 26, I live in Southern California, and I'm currently being driven to dementia by my own indecision over whether or not to attend my ten year high school reunion this summer. So, if I go nuts on occasion, blame it on that, okay? At least until July...

Oh...And I know the rest of the "Silly rabbi" joke. :D Nice to know I'm not the only one...that joke's been floating around in my brain since high school.

Much love and welcoming comfort to all,
RS
 
Hi, my friends call me Des.
I'm a 42 year old bi-fem sub. I am in the process of ending a very long marriage. I have avoided posting on this forum for a variety of reasons which directly relate to the ending of my marriage. For no apparent reason, I've decided that not participating in this forum is silly. Anyway, I am somewhat new to this lifestyle and am happy to be in a very loving relationship (both online and in RL) with a wonderful Dom who seems to be my soulmate. Right now, it feels like my life is just beginning.
I live in SC and I'm a nurse. I don't have children. I love my dogs and am adjusting to the fact that one of them recently went blind (I'm learning how to keep him safe and secure). I have a somewhat warped sense of humor and collect pink flamingo items because they make me laugh.
 
Hello out there,

me and my husband recently got into the lifestyle. i always considered myself as a very dominant female until i met my husband he is very dominant and i noticed we were disagreeing on lot's of thing getting into arguments that we didn't need to be happening. So i/we decided that submission would be the best thing for our relationship and so far i love it. it is hard to get into the swing of things but i have read a lot of interesting things on this board and i enjoy hearing what other people have gone through to get where they are in there relationships with there dominant. i am 24, i live in pennsylvania with my husband who is 34 and our two daughters. i recently had a baby in Janurary she is 3 months old and my other daughter is 5. I'm looking forward to learning much more on this board and to developing a stronger closier relationship with my husband as i further into submission.

:) Thank you all for your great stories and i am looking forward to reading more.:)
 
Hi to all new Faces - many welcoming hugs and spankings!

I am Petrel; 26 yr old; BiSwitch - no I'm not confused or greedy just want to take full advantage of lifes rich tapastry. I live with my longterm partner who I am marrying in less than 6 weeks time in the North of england.

I always had a yen for all things 'pervy' and I identified as bisexual at an early age and have had two female partners plus male ones. I used to be in a non-monogamous relationship but now my commitment in R-L is to my partner - online playtime is my own to do with as I wish however and my partner fully supports me exploring my sexuality and forming friendships in this way.

At the moment I am in a fairly sub headspace - mainly due to partners affect on me but this can still change if I strike a spark from the right person. I am far more experienced as a Sub however.

I work for a local charitable company and I am also studying part-time for a honours degree in environmnetal architecture (or that is the plan eventually)

I love cats, books, music, wine, gardens, Literotica and all my friends on here! must dash now and try and organise a florist for the wedding - my Domme side does come out in moments like this!
 
I, too, forgot a few things almost everyone else has mentioned; they must, therefore, be of importance.

I'm just struggling my way out of a long period of fairly serious and severe personal upheaval. Times of such intense change offer the potential for profoundly influencing one's life in a positive manner but they're not without pain and cost, either. Please pardon me if i snap at you on occasion. I'll be back to apologize soon after.

I'm 45. I've been actively subbing since i was 15. I'd kill anyone (or want to) who touched my daughter the way i was touched way back then. But that, as the saying goes, was then. I was a different girl then she is and the world was a far different place, too. Perhaps the truth more closely lies with the truism that most of us made choices for ourselves as teenagers and young adults that we would deny our kids.

Though i was born in southern California, i've lived in northern California, in the San Francisco Bay area, for most of my adult life. I love it here. If one wants to be fully accepted as a sexual freak, this is the place.
:rose:
 
Last edited:
Hello all..

I'm Skally :)

I'm from South Wales in the UK, I'm 23 and fairly straight, although I think women have a certain beauty and sensuality and am open to anything that comes my way *wink*

I'm very very new to the BDSM scene and consider myself to be Domme. I am exploring my likes and dislikes and although I've never experienced anything like this in RL, I would certainly like to. I've been down the cyber route and it doesn't do anything for me - I need the assurance of real touch, taste and smell.

I work for a large UK based IT services company (although they have operations throught the world). I'm the person you speak to on the phone when your PC breaks down at work.

At the moment, I am drawn to a lot of erotic art. I don't know what it's called, but I've seen images of women dressed as ponies (I think the correct term is pony girls). I'd love to get a male sub dressed up like that :) I also love the idea of dressing male subs up in womens clothing.

I've not been at Lit for very long, and was absent for several months where I needed some quality "me" time...

Anyway, this is me *waves at everyone and blows them kisses*
 
RisiaSkye said:
Oh...And I know the rest of the "Silly rabbi" joke. :D Nice to know I'm not the only one...that joke's been floating around in my brain since high school.

Glad I'm not the only one!

KW
 
Hey,

I'm PB Walker... I'm 32, male hetero. Not sure which category I fall into.. probably switch. I have almost no experience with face-to-face BDSM. I'm pretty much a lurker on this board. Thought I'd just stop and say "howdy".

- PBW
 
As long as I'm back....

As long as I'm peeking my head in the door....I may as well add my two cents here...

I'm blaze...34y/o hetro...sub...female...I reside in Texas where I live with my husband and two children. I'm full time employed by Uncle Sam (only three years to go until retirement) and have had an interest in BDSM since...forever. My first fantasies were of being spanked and raped. My only experiece with BDSM has been skin to skin....I have attempted the online version...but it comes across a little too watered down for my tastes.

I've been around Lit. for almost two years...though I don't post much anymore. I recently converted to Paganism and have been spending all my free time exploring and studying my new found life purpose. I still drop in from time to time and enjoy seeing old friends.
 
Hello everyone

Once again, a huge welcome to new faces as well as old.

After reading the thread, again, I find myself thrilled, excited, pleasantly stupified at how our community is growing and with great alacrity!

Whether you post or lurk, you are all welcome here!

The more the merrier!

:)
 
Hey folks, I'm NemoAlia. I'm a 21-year-old (sub?)fem, a lover of these boards, but only an occasional poster. I'm working on two bachelors degrees right now -- one in English lit. and one in violin performance -- so I don't have a whole lot of free time. Unlike superlittlegirl, my identity is really wrapped up in what I do (although I'm the first to admit that might not be necessarily a good thing) so I spend a whole lot of time and effort in order to do it well.

I have considerable experience in real-life BDSM, but not much recently. Also, no experience in online play, but everyone's gotta have a little innocence left, yes?

In the meantime, I do what I can for myself. Hm... maybe it's time to try out those snakebite kits everyone keeps raving about...
 
Newish to some things but not others. :)

Hiya all and everyone.

I hate writing these...how to make yourself sound interesting... :)

Well, I'm 24, female, from the UK, a masochist through and through and though it is a constant source of irritation for my (far to occasional) play-partner, straight.

Been 'playing' seriously for almost 6 years now, knew what I wanted even before that, but finding it ain't so easy. :)

I've lurked at Lit for what seems like forever, drawn in by the stories (which I love). I guess that has been my trend from the begining, I read not write. :)

Ok, well, that was dull, but I can asure you when it is not the middle of the night and I am not having to write an intro, I really can be a lotta fun. :)

Katzeyez
 
Thanks...but what now

I really appreciate this thread to get to know new and old faces. I myself am a new face and have introduced myself earlier. What I would like to know now is how to actually get to know people besides posting on threads. I know this sounds very ignorant, but figured mentioning my question was worth a try.

Thank You
 
to katzeyez - I can completely sympathize with you. I hate writing "about me" posts too. Especially in the late part of the night, which is the only time I seem to be online. Anyway, nice to meet you.

to shysub - I'm not sure how you get to know people other than posting on here. I'm new and have posted a few times to various topics but haven't said anything worthy of a response. I think it just takes time. The ones I see interacting a lot are those with thousands of posts and have been around a while. I'm guessing if we just hang around a while, we will make friends. :)

~N~
 
Welcome, everyone.

novel & shy: There are so many conversations going, it often takes time to get responses to even the best ideas for threads. If you want to get to know people, the best way is to join an ongoing conversation. Jump into the threads started by some of those people with lots of posts. Just grab a life jacket and head straight for the deep end!

When people first get here, they tend to start lots of threads, rather than join the conversations already in progress. This tends to lead to many repeats of the same information and opinions. If you have questions, try a search first (at the top right of the screen) to see if they've come up before. Then you can resurrect a thread-in-progress with new ideas or questions.

Save those ideas, the best way to get to know people is to stick around for a while. It doesn't take long, and the more you join in, the faster the whole thing goes. You aren't the only ones getting to know new people--we're getting to know you too, remember? Don't think just because we've been here for a long while that we know everybody. We don't. It's all part of the illusion. ;)
 
Hello.
:cool:

The best way to get to know people here is to post to the threads. Ask questions. Offer bits of yourself, of your experiences, of your hesitancies and fears. Be real.

You'll begin to sort out who is like you, who offers advice you can use, who you admire, who is who as you give more of youself to this place.

We'll begin to sort you out in that way, too. We'll begin to learn about you, what you need, what you offer, who you are. We'll find out something about your sense of humor and your life aside from being involved with BDSM. You'll become real to us.

PM's will begin to flow. Friendships will be made.

Such is life on a bulletin board such as this. One becomes enmeshed or one does not; it is entirely up to you and what you need from us.

Some of us have been interacting as a cohesive, self-identified group of BDSM practictioners for almost a year. In that time, we've strengthened and supported each other; we've become real friends. None of us means to cause anyone to feel excluded or left out. To the contrary, we're exceedingly glad you're here and we look forward with keen interest in getting to know you better.

There's no quick easy way for that to happen, though. You have to just choose to be a part of this place and then dig in, creating your spot. Please know that all of us who've been here awhile really do want you here if you want to be here. If you stay, we all grow stronger and wiser.

It just takes some time.
:rose:
cym


edited to add that i'm feeling a bit chagrined for posting on the same thing at the same time R did. Our writing time crossed each other. I wouldn't have posted had i known the territory was already being covered in R's typical fashion, by a post of gloriously clear and completely balanced empathy. In any case, i hope those of you who are new feel a little more comfy now.
 
Last edited:
eeks!

I'm so glad, cymbidia and RisiaSkye, that you clarified the last bit, about jumping right into the deep-end. I was feeling positively chagrined that I had done just that, rather than politely introducing myself first, (as I have since done in this thread). I've always been shy to join in with all the other kids on the real-life playground, but I felt such immediate comfort here that I just started talking to folks like I had never been tamed. It's a good feeling to know that I did an okay thing. And it's such a good feeling to be here, amongst so many multi-faceted, tolerant and exuberant people.

--Freya
 
another new face

hello all, i'm a 28 year old house wife in sc. i mostly just lurk about, reading the highly informative threads here. i've always been fascinated by bdsm. and currently exploring it with my husband.

the only expirience i have with bdsm..is skin to skin with a long ago ex-lover. now with my husband i'm hoping to explore this old play ground, and hopefully learn some new things as well.
 
introduction

Hey there, I am 27 years old and single living on the east coast.
I am really interested in being a submissive. My daily grind of always being in control gets on my nerves and I just get so tired of making all of the decisions and calling the shots!!! I am so sure that there are others out there that know just how I feel.
I am not really that well versed in the BDSM lifestyle but would really love to learn more. I have been going into that chat rooms and trying to make conversation and become known, but it seems that there is a click going on in there and I am having some difficulting breaking it. Maybe I am not aggresive enough, hhhmmmm there is that submisive thing again.

Anyway if anyone has any direction for me as far as reading material or whom to talk with I would greatly appriciate it. If I should also post any more information about myself make me aware of that also because I am not sure exactly what to say....... Many kisses, a sub in training kiki
 
Just saying hi...

Hmm, Okay, I FINALLY found this thread -- there are a LOT of messages in this forum!

I've never been real comfortable with talking about myself without being asked specific questions (and then I can talk forever, it seems), but will surely give it a shot.

I'm almost 40, and that still surprises the heck out of me. I'm a hetero fem/sub (not a bottom, I'm aware of the difference) who has been called slave on many, many occasions.

I tend to be a bit opinionated, but always have reasons for holding my opinions and beliefs -- particularly about BDSM.

I started a website almost 2 years ago in an attempt to "give something back" to the lifestyle and community that has given so much to me. http://www.adarkwhisper.com -- A Dark Whisper of Sound. The site has grown by leaps and bounds and is the home of my obsessions (erotica, graphic design, and a greater understanding of this VERY diverse life).

I started writing about 6 years ago and have taught myself how to write over the space of time since. I have little formal education and absolutely none when it comes to literature and writing.

I'd been doing technical support for the internal employees of one of the largest computer companies in the world -- training, technical writing, customer satisfaction coordination and so on, but have stepped out of that field to concentrate on other pursuits -- I'll let you know if those succeed or not. ;)

Umm... let's see. I bottomed to a top for nearly two years in skin to skin interaction and had other shorter term relationships as well. What seemed to be missing for me was the D/s, which I crave. I'm finding that in a variety of ways, including online.

One of my biggest pet peeves is the changing face of BDSM due to that very thing -- the internet chat room.

Goodness, I am rambling badly. My apologies.:rose:

dark whisper
 
bottom

Dark Whisper brought up a point I had not thought about before. What is the difference between a bottom (or top) and a sub (or Dom)?
 
hi im paperstreet, aka jd
ive posted a few times in the last monthes. i'm a 19 straight male high masochistic sub from texas *sigh* i've had some experiences with bondage and other kinky what not but no actual formal bdsm experiences.
aside from that i want to be a filmmaker and i am loosing my mind b/c i can't find a domme
 
Well, this IS interesting

All of these are interesting posts, for sure.

I am DVS, a 49 year old male Dom. An Aries, if you are into the stars. I am going bald. I never went gray, it just went. Must be all of that intelligence pushing it out, don't you think?

I have been a Dom as long as I can remember. I spanked my first cute naked behind when I was 12 years old. She was a very accomidating 10 year old neighbor girl. We did our share of 'I'll show you mine, if you show me yours' quite early in life.

I am very easy going, and enjoy life a lot. I have been blessed to like what has happened to me, even if it wasn't a good thing. You know what I mean? It's a state of mind, I guess.

I live in the midwest. It isn't as bland here as you would think. We have several BDSM groups and there is also a group that preforms BDSM acts on stage on a regular basis. The audience even participates in this fun. WooHoo!

I used to get into on line play, but it isn't the same thing as the real McCoy, you know. I have had my share of that, too. Little trysts here and there, with my latest partner sticking around for more than a year. Can I get another Woo Hoo?!

Ahem...I am helping her cut down on smoking. It is funny how one end stops smoking, when the other end starts.

I came to Literotica because I was told I should be a writer. "go write, young man!" I write BDSM stories, trying to make them intense, interesting, and realistic. Some people will call them crap, but we all know crap is in the eyes of the reader.
I am a computer person, actually a technical writer. No, it doesn't give me an edge in this place. They are totally different areas, LOL.

I am into electro play, and because I have an education in electricity and electronics, I am very safe with it. I like to make my own toys when possible, electrical and otherwise, and have my pride and joy, which I call my punishment chair. OK, it is difficult to explain, but I am writing a story it stars in, so you will just have to wait. I also have another favorite...a violet wand. Lots of fun, those things.

OK, I can see you rolling your eyes. Electro play isn't like the horror flicks you see. Well, they can be, but mostly electo play can be just as erotic as other BDSM fun. Just don't get into it, unless you know what the hell you are doing.

I am a musician and song writier, but nothing published. Such is life. I have been doing it for over 30 years, so you'd think I would have something to show for it! It's all the record company's fault. Really! They just like the boy bands!

I have cats, but love all pets. LOL, that includes female humans, too. I have had cats for about 20 years, but before that I was primarily a dog owner. At present, I have 3 cats, and I try not to ever have over 4 at one time. I think you need a kennel license if you go over 4?

My sense of humor is down right dusty, and if I ever happen to say something you don't understand, let me know. It does happen.

OK, I also like to talk, if you haven't figured that out by now. I think I should stop before it gets out of hand.

Thanks for reading, if you got this far.
 
Last edited:
In for a penny, in for a pound

I think this is my third post total on this board, but I've been lurking a lot.

I'm 34, married, but my husband is not into BDSM, which is fine with me (I know that sounds strange, but I know his personality, and I think it works out better this way for both of us.)

I prefer to Domme, although I do switch on occasion if I'm with someone who wants to switch (hey, fair's fair). No real-life action in some time, due to the demands of my job and family, so I've been enjoying a rich fantasy life, thanks to the stories at this site.

As far as my preferences go (and I hope I can explain this), I like the control aspect, and prefer to keep a sub blindfolded, collared, and obeying my every command. Cymbidia told a story on one of these threads where her Dom told her to leave a party, go take off her bra, and return. That's the sort of thing that really excites me as a Domme.

And Quint- I am so into Buffy the Vampire Slayer it's embarrassing. Glad to see a fellow fan.:devil:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top