Groundhog Bride

DeliciousMaiden

Literotica Guru
Joined
Apr 22, 2002
Posts
15,258
26869778_M-199x300.jpg


Prologue:

Claire lay in the vast four-poster bed staring up at the canopy above. The lace negligee she had bought for her wedding night hung to her curves, the white satin and lace catching the moonlight which poured in through the window.
She sighed heavily, though not in contentment.

Beside her, her new husband gave a snore. All had run smoothly enough, had gone to plan apart from the part that really counted. Her husband had been attentive throughout the formal reception, yet as soon as that was completed, he had headed for the bar with the explanation that he wanted to catch up with friends and relations whom he had not seen for years leaving Claire to circulate and speak to people whilst the room was being prepared for the evening’s entertainment. Carl had returned to her dutifully for their first dance and for the following perhaps 5 dances and then disappeared once more urging her to take the opportunity to circulate and enjoy times with those who had been invited to the celebration of their marriage. Inevitably, they had retired late to their hotel room, after many of the guests who had travelled to the hotel had left and only in advance of the hotel guests amongst the party who still were seated in pockets drinking to Claire and Carl’s happiness.

Despite his intermittent absence, Carl certainly had every intention of consummating the marriage having carried Claire over the threshold of their room with due ceremony and insisted that she had the bathroom to prepare for the night together whilst he got undressed in the bedroom. Only by the time Claire returned anticipating her wedding night, Carl was sprawled, still in his bridegroom’s outfit across the bed. Claire managed to take off his shoes and ease him under the covers before sliding into bed herself. And now she lay wide awake and, it had to be confessed, horny.
The day could have turned out so different … if she had it to do over again, Claire knew that she would make her wedding day memorable in so many ways …


Scenario:

In the true traditions of Ground Hog Day, Claire wakes up the next morning in her own bed, only to discover that she is to live that wedding day over again. After moving in a daze through the so familiar actions of getting ready, pulling on her wedding dress, travelling to the church, the ceremony, the reception, the evening and an equally unfulfilling wedding night, Claire awakes to find that once again it is the morning of her wedding day.

This time things are going to be very different, she decides.
 
Last edited:
Claire's Wedding Day Schedule

Where Claire was and when during her first two wedding days.
Assume the schedule runs to plan before Claire or your character do something to change events ... your actions may turn the schedule on its head, or things may appear to carry on as 'normal' depending on how the scene plays out.


Early morning in her own apartment:

- wake up in her own bed
- eat a light breakfast
- leave for the hotel - where the reception is to be held and where they are to
spend their wedding night.
Other guests may also have overnight rooms booked there.

Hotel - pre-marriage:

- arrive at the hotel around 10:00
- the bridal suite has been booked for her use for the entire day.

From here she can prepare for the wedding.

- another room has been booked for the bridesmaids
- She also has use of the hotel facilities for the day
- Her luggage and wedding dress and everything she needs has already been sent to and set out in her room.

- 10:00 - 12:00 - She has 2 hours to herself - activities can be adjusted to fit story
- 12:00 - She has a light lunch sent to her room
- 12:00 - 13:00 - She will get have a bath/shower and begin to get ready.
- From 13:00 she will have help to get into her dress, do her hair / make up etc.
- By 14:00 pm she will be 'ready to go'.
- From 14:30 - Guests staying over at the hotel will begin to arrive

- 14:00 - 15:00 - She will request some 'alone time' from to 'prepare' for the wedding.

- After 15:00 - She will meet up with parents / father / bridesmaids for photos before leaving for the ceremony some time

- She will leave the hotel after 15:30 for the 16:00 service.

After the ceremony:

The evening events are much more flexible.

- 18:30 - serving of meal at reception
- 20:00 - start of evening activities - music / dancing ...
- 23:00 - retiring to bridal suite - husband falls asleep/ passes out before midnight
 
Last edited:
Wedding Day 3 - Closed for DanFS

Once again Claire woke up in her own bed the following morning. She had gone through two identical wedding days, both days resulting in no 'wedding night activities' and to say that she was frustrated was more than an understatement!

As in the previous two days, she had a light breakfast and left her apartment to head to the hotel where the reception would be held and of course where the bridal suite had been booked for her and Carl. Carl was to leave from his Best Man's house to ensure that they would not meet before the service. The whole wedding was planned to be traditional with the appropriate religious service. Her parents would not have had it any other way.

On the plus side, Claire had the luxury of being able to make herself comfortable in the luxurious room and have the run of the hotel facilities for the entire day.
Once again she entered the room which was becoming increasingly familiar. Again she stood and looked around. Her luggage for the honey moon were set in the corner where they had been stacked the previous two days. Her wedding dress hung in separate room, which served as a dressing room. Again it was pristine and shining white. The previous two days totally erased. She wandered through the vast bathroom, back through the lounge area and threw herself backwards onto the obligatory 4-poster bed. She had been provided with everything a bride could need ... apart from the obvious!

Restlessly, Claire decided to go for a wander around the hotel. The setting was amazing. Peeking into the room where her reception was to take place she saw the long top table looking out onto the 12 or so round tables at which the florist was working to set out the centre pieces. All it seemed was running to plan, as she knew it would and had for two consecutive days. The guests stopping over at the hotel and travelling from the hotel to the church and then back would not be here until late afternoon. She wondered what Carl was doing now. Was he even awake? Was he nervous? He hadn't seemed to be when she stood before him at the alter the previous two times. But then neither had she ... the first time at least ...

Her mind was spinning, wondering how many times she had to go through this ceremony. Would this repeat and repeat until she called it off and the ceremony actually did not take place? Or was there some other mystical action that she had to perform in order to break this endless cycle? She knew of friends, older friends who had said it was the best day of their lives and '... if only they could do it all over again ... ' Well she, Claire had the chance ... and it was driving her crazy!

She picked at the lunch served at 12 O'clock, but unlike the previous days she had ordered a bottle of white wine to accompany it and managed to consume over half of it with the meal and then the rest when she took a leisurely bath afterwards. She remembered to hide the evidence of the glass and most importantly the empty bottle before her mother and the hairdresser descended on her with predictable punctuality. And again she found herself in her wedding dress, the focus of admiration (the brief appearance of her bridesmaids - not yet dressed) and emotional weeping (her mother). After reassurances that she was fine, that she just needed an hour or so to collect her thoughts and that she'd be down in reception after 3 pm she was finally left alone. Standing in the silence, Claire opened the door and hung the DO NOT DISTURB label. She didn't need the stray well-wisher to 'drop by' and wish her well. She just had to ... get through this ... again ...
 
Last edited:
Frank

Frank had just finished speaking to his son, Carl.
Carl and his Best Man, his best friend from School, Frank remembered, were still preparing for this afternoon.

Frank had offered to collect them from the House, but they had said everything was fine, and they would meet him at the Church.

Frank was now free to go straight to the Hotel, to meet Claire’s parents and the Bridesmaids for the pre-wedding photo-session.
He strode with purpose to his car and eased his six-foot-three inch athletic frame into the driver’s seat of the Jaguar saloon, and ran his fingers through his salt & pepper short cropped hair.
He started the engine, and the satisfying growl which issued forth made him smile, as he put it in gear and pulled away.
He reflected on events leading up to today as he drove.

Frank had quickly struck up a rapport with Claire when she started dating Carl.
He found her attractive and charming, and a good match for his son. In fact Frank was surprised his son had managed to catch Claire’s attention, at all.
Carl had always been smart, and although he had achieved well at School & University, and had a respectable job, he had never been a leader, or particularly gifted at sports. Nevertheless he had to take his hat off to his son, Claire was a beauty!

Claire on the other hand, he could imagine as the most popular girl in School. She was a gorgeous brunette, smart, funny and confident with it.
She obviously danced or played a sport regularly, as her trim figure testified.

Since his wife Alicia had passed away, Frank had considered Claire as part of the family, even before Carl had proposed to her, as they had been together for a couple of years.
Her parents were great company, and they often shared dinner together, with Carl & Claire, making plans for the Wedding.

Now – the big day had arrived. All the planning had come together, and there was a great day in prospect.

He knew from many of the conversations with Claire that she was looking forward to her Wedding Day (what girl wouldn’t?) and with Carl being Frank’s only son, both sets of parents had agreed that they could afford a lavish day.
Frank also knew Claire was nervous. She definitely wanted to marry Carl, but she was afraid she would become tongue-tied at the Church, or step on the trail of her dress, or suffer some other mishap.

And so it was he found himself at the Hotel, alone, to reassure her and wish her well as she formally became part of the family.

He knew which room was hers, and so, as he stood outside her room, looked at his watch – it had just turned 2pm.
Almost an hour before the pre-wedding photos.

Frank knocked on the door, and waited.
Maybe he had been mistaken. He was sure Claire would have been in her room, trying to relax and gather herself before the ceremony.
He walked to the end of the corridor, and paused for thought.

Should he even be here?
Almost immediately, he answered his own question.
‘I need to reassure her, as she will soon be part of the family’.
He turned around and walked back to the room.
He knocked again, a little louder than before, taking a deep breath and composing himself. This wasn’t usual behaviour for the groom’s father to visit the bride before the Wedding, but Claire was special to him, and he wanted her to know that no matter what happened, he was in her corner, and could be relied on for support should she need him, even if she had a bridesmaid, as well as, Maid of Honour?

Frank waited a while, and then knocked again, and then he finally heard soft footsteps approach the door.
“Who is it?” He heard Claire ask behind the door.
“It’s me, Frank.” He replied. “Just wanted to see how you were doing?”
There was a pause before she opened the door, and he took in the vision before him.
She looked stunning in her Wedding gown.
She stepped back to let him into the room, and sat on the sofa.
Frank closed the door behind him and sat on the chair opposite.
“Ummm, Hi.” He stuttered. “I just wanted to see how you were doing, you’re not nervous, are you?”

He smiled broadly, with pride, and a little sadness, as he added:
“You look so beautiful! You remind me of Alicia on our Wedding Day. You know she was a brunette when we married, like you. I just hope the two of you will be as happy as we were.”
He stood and crossed the room, and sat on the arm of the sofa.
“You know”, he said, “I’m finally getting the daughter I always wanted.”
He reached out and stroked her cheek, with genuine affection.

Then he added:
“I don’t need to tell you how proud your Mum & Dad are of you either. They love Carl as their own son, which is so pleasing to me. You’ll be so good together.”

He looked down at her and as did so, his mind transported him back to his Wedding Day and Alicia, stood on the bed of the Bridal Suite, her Wedding Dress pooled at her
feet, as she teasingly beckoned him with a finger.
“Come and get me, big boy!” She cupped her breasts in the corset she wore, and turned around to look at him over her shoulder, tossing him a smouldering look.
And Frank did. Several times that night, and many, many more over the next twenty or so years, before she died.
Through the fog of reminiscence, Frank leaned down and almost kissed Claire.
“I love you so much!” He murmured, before realising that the chin he now held was not his wife’s but his soon to be daughter-in-law’s.

He paused in shock, and froze…
 
She heard the knock on the door and knew who it was. The previous days her father-in-law had dropped by to wish her luck. The meeting had been brief and uneventful aside from him getting almost as emotional as her at the sight of seeing her in her wedding dress. But that first day, even yesterday Claire had been optimistic that things would change and that if only Carl stayed sober enough to do his new-husbandly duty that life would move forward for her and she could start her newly married life as planned.

The second knock on the door disturbed her thoughts. It was going to be difficult to face Frank. He had been so welcoming and truly seemed to have liked her from the first time Carl had taken her home to meet him. At times Carl could be disparaging about his father, but she knew that Frank doted on his son. She could only hope that her second or ‘third thoughts’ didn’t show. The last thing she wanted was to cause the man who had been so kind to her to worry. And where she was concerned, Frank did somehow seem to be attuned to her feelings, or what Carl called her ‘moods’.
The third knock and she braced herself to look appropriately happy. She crossed the room, then hesitated deciding to make sure that it was only Frank out there.

“Who is it?”

Immediately she heard the response,
“It’s me, Frank. Just wanted to see how you were doing?”
Her delay in answering the door this time could easily have added to her father-in-law-to-be’s concern, which was the last thing Claire wanted. Unlocking the door she opened it and gave him a fond smile, finding herself actually cheered by his presence.

”Come on in Frank. I’m laying low before it all kicks off..”

She offered watching as he closed the door behind him.

“Ummm, Hi. I just wanted to see how you were doing, you’re not nervous, are you?”

She laughed. If only he knew.

”I’m coping.”

She told him cryptically.

“You look so beautiful! You remind me of Alicia on our Wedding Day. You know she was a brunette when we married, like you. I just hope the two of you will be as happy as we were.”

Claire felt sorry for Frank. He seemed sociable enough, but still a bit of a loner from what she could tell. And of course he idolised his son, Carl.

“You know … I’m finally getting the daughter I always wanted.”

He hadn’t told her that the previous two days and she was touched by his words.

“I don’t need to tell you how proud your Mum & Dad are of you either.
They love Carl as their own son, which is so pleasing to me.
You’ll be so good together.”


Claire bit back a sigh. It was idyllic; both families got on well and each liked their son and daughter’s choice of spouse … so why did she feel like the only way she could break this cycle was not to go through with the marriage?

“I love you so much!”

Frank’s words cut through her haze of worry. His face was very close to hers; intimately so. His hand on her chin as her eyes finally moved to focus on his.

”… and I love you too Frank,”

She murmured in response, moving forward to lightly kiss him on his lips and give him a soft smile.

”I’m just …. so confused … “

She eased herself carefully next to him so that her dress didn’t crumple and laid her head against him with a sigh.

”Will you stay with me a while, Frank?”

She asked softly. If she had much more time alone she as sure she’d go crazy.
 
Claire was not the only one who was confused.

When Claire said she loved him with such feeling, Frank wondered if there was more to it than simple affection.
When she kissed him on the lips and smiled he knew it.
Then she shuffled closer and rested her head against his leg, he could see she was struggling with some internal turmoil.

“Of course I'll stay. Why are you confused Claire?” Frank asked, then tracing the post where she kissed his lips with a fingertip.

His mind briefly returned to Alicia on the Wedding night, and then, her face morphed into Claire’s. Frank took a breath – that had never happened before!

As he sat there, perched on the arm he could feel the stirrings of an erection in his underwear. He had tried some of the new tighter shorts, which looked a little like compression shorts. He knew Carl liked wearing them, and Frank still had a decent physique, so he didn’t feel ridiculous in them, but he now felt constrained, and shifted his weight, both to conceal his growing hardness, and to make himself more comfortable.
Then, hoping Claire wouldn’t notice, he rested his hands in his lap, awaiting her reply.
 
“Of course I'll stay. Why are you confused Claire?”

Claire moved her head carefully as it pressed against Frank's leg finding his presence comforting. She was hardly aware of how her bridal hair, arranged to fall in soft curls, fell across his leg. She glanced across at where her veil still lay on the dresser. She would put that on last minute. After all she had to go through with it again, didn't she.

"This is all so ... much ... "

She responded half truthfully. Somehow she felt like a girl doing dress up and going through a charade. She would have preferred a simpler ceremony and if she had had her way then perhaps her new husband would have spent more time with his new bride then drinking with his mates until he passed out.

She sighed heavily and sat up and forced a smile, wanting to reassure her father-in-law.

"Pre-wedding nerves, I guess."

She hesitated before asking.

"Frank ... do you think Carl really loves me ... ?"

She didn't realise just how doubtful she sounded.
 
Frank saw her glance across at her veil and wondered if she as getting cold feet.
When she said she had pre-wedding nerves, he nodded in understanding, and was about to tell her that was perfectly normal. He was going to admit at feeling physically sick before he & Alicia tied the knot, as he became aware of the enormity of what he was entering into dawned upon him.

Her question of "Frank ... do you think Carl really loves me ... ?" stopped him dead in his tracks.

“Of course Carl loves you!”
Frank exclaimed. He was as surprised by her question as he was by the strength of feeling in his answer.

He paused for thought – and not realising he was thinking out loud, said:
“If I were marrying you, I wouldn’t let you out of my sight at all after the Wedding today, and I’d make damn sure I took you to the Bridal Suite as soon as I could and give you a bloody good….”

He looked down and saw the look on her face, and then it dawned on him.

“Oh Claire – please forgive me – I’m so sorry!” He stuttered.

“It’s just you’re a beautiful young woman, and any red-blooded man would want you for his own!”

He took a deep breath and added:
“I’m making this worse, aren’t I?"

He ran his fingers through his hair, wondering whether she was going to scream or call him a pervert.

He looked at the floor, waiting for the piercing scream he felt sure to come.
 
“Of course Carl loves you!”

Claire felt guilty to have voiced her doubts to Carl's own father.

“If I were marrying you, I wouldn’t let you out of my sight at all after the Wedding today,"

She was touched by the warmth with which he spoke of her, but it didn't necessarily follow that Carl shared his father's feelings.

" ... and I’d make damn sure I took you to the Bridal Suite as soon as I could and give you a bloody good….”

Claire gasped at Frank's words, her cheeks flaming at the phrase he used.

“Oh Claire – please forgive me – I’m so sorry!”

He was all apology, as if he only just realised what he had said to her.
She shook her head, but he didn't realise that she meant that an apology wasn't necessary.

“It’s just you’re a beautiful young woman, and any red-blooded man would want you for his own!”

Even Carl's father was more 'red-blooded' than Carl it seemed ... and that wasn't helping her cope with the frustration of two 'unfulfilled' wedding days.

“I’m making this worse, aren’t I?"

Claire's eyes moved to hold Frank's. This wasn't something she should be discussing with him at all she knew.

"Yes."

She answered sadly.

"But not in the way you think."

She gave a heavy sigh.

"It's a shame that the son doesn't take after the father."

She shook her head sadly.

"You see ... I know that will be the last thing on Carl's mind.
Our wedding day and he'll be more interested in the 'party' than in me."


She gazed back towards the vast four poster, then back to Frank.

"It's not wrong for a bride to want to have a 'bloody good fucking' on her wedding day is it?"

She asked in frustration, deliberately using the phrase Frank had stopped himself from completing...
 
When Claire replied “Yes” to Frank’s asking if he was making things worse, took him aback.

When she implied that Carl wasn’t God’s gift in bed, Frank wasn’t shocked. After all, he didn’t become an accomplished lover for a year or so after he married Alicia. They were each other’s first, and it takes time to establish a rapport with a partner, and learn what they like, don’t like, and so on

His heart sinks when Claire tells him that Carl is more interested in drinking with his mates than taking Claire to be his Wife.
He also doesn’t miss her glance toward the bed, and feels the heat rise to his cheeks when she blurts out:
"It's not wrong for a bride to want to have a 'bloody good fucking' on her wedding day is it?"


He has always had a soft spot for her, partly because she bore a resemblance to Alicia, but also because she was a nice girl, who came from a good family, and in his mind, she deserved the best they can afford in life, be it a house, car, or Husband.

He looked up then, and straight into her searching eyes, as she seemed to demanding a reason for settling for second best, for her love life.

“No Claire – it’s not wrong. A healthy love-life can lead to a healthy mind, body & soul. If he is not making you happy - you need to talk to him. Before there are problems.”

Frank paused, gathering his thoughts for a second, before adding:
“He has a duty to make you happy. My Father explained that to me before my Wedding that a contented wife will love you forever and look after you, support you, and complete you.”

He reached across and stroked her cheek tenderly again.
There was something, Frank couldn’t put his finger on it – was it frustration?
He leaned across and kissed her where he had just touched.
He then rested his hands upon her shoulders, and started to knead the muscles beneath.

“You need to relax, Claire. Enjoy the Wedding and I’ll speak to Carl. Make him understand that he needs to give you a damn good seeing to tonight. I’m not embarrassed to take him to one side and make him see.”

His fingers worked lower, and he pressed into the little depressions by the spine and traced the ribs outward toward the sides, as he spoke.

“How times change. Youngsters seem to want to drink, and tell loud jokes nowadays. They have the rest of their lives for that. A Wedding lasts for a day, but the commitment lasts a lifetime.”

He smiles, and his speech catches in his throat with the emotions the recalling his Wedding brings back.

“God, Alicia and I could barely walk the following day! I had to tell her parents that I slipped getting out of the bath, to explain away why I was limping. I hadn’t torn my calf at all, my cock was so sore! Alicia was suffering too – and she complained three days later her backside was still aching where I took her over the balcony rail!”

He stopped massaging her and stood, and walked in front of her, kneeling in front of her, reste his hands upon her thighs, over the lace of her wedding gown.

“I’m not trying to embarrass you – but I want you to be happy! Promise me you’ll try! Please?”
 
“No Claire – it’s not wrong. A healthy love-life can lead to a healthy mind, body & soul. If he is not making you happy - you need to talk to him. Before there are problems.”

Easier said than done, given that the only day she was now living had her meeting her groom at the church. She could hardly pull Carl aside to ‘talk sex’ in the vestry!

“He has a duty to make you happy. My Father explained that to me before my Wedding that a contented wife will love you forever and look after you, support you, and complete you.”

The more Frank spoke, the more Claire was thinking that going through with the wedding was a bad idea. She looked up as he reached out and stroked her cheek. She forced a smile, but she knew that Frank knew her too well, must realise that she was far from ‘contented’. Her smile became more natural as he kissed her cheek lightly. As Carl’s father, Frank was probably the last person she should be talking to about this, but she was ‘trapped’ in this cycle now.

“You need to relax, Claire.”

His hands went to her shoulders and started to press and knead the knots that had gathered there, clearly attempting to ease out the tension. Claire murmured softly in response; that felt so good!

”Enjoy the Wedding and I’ll speak to Carl. Make him understand that he needs to give you a damn good seeing to tonight. I’m not embarrassed to take him to one side and make him see.”

She tensed at his suggestion.

”No, Frank. Please. Don’t say anything to Carl.”

She hesitated as Frank’s hands worked lower, focusing on her spine and sides and expertly working through the lace bodice to try to soothe her.

”… I’ll deal with it … it’s something we have to sort out ourselves … “

Claire assured him. She didn’t want to involve Frank any more than she already had.
At least tomorrow she could wipe the slate clean and not have this conversation, not give Frank anything to worry about.

“How times change. Youngsters seem to want to drink, and tell loud jokes nowadays. They have the rest of their lives for that. A Wedding lasts for a day, but the commitment lasts a lifetime.”

She bit back a comment. Her wedding day was lasting many days.
What did she need to do, or not do, to begin moving forwards with her life again?

“God, Alicia and I could barely walk the following day! I had to tell her parents that I slipped getting out of the bath, to explain away why I was limping.”

She chuckled as he reminisced.
She could tell by his voice how much he still missed his wife.

”I hadn’t torn my calf at all, my cock was so sore!”

Claire didn’t know whether to be shocked or impressed!

” Alicia was suffering too – and she complained three days later her backside was still aching where I took her over the balcony rail!”

Claire laughed.

”God, Frank! I had no idea you … “

She had never given any thought to the fact that Frank was still single, or at least Carl believed he was, and though she knew that he was lonely for his late wife, it never occurred to her until now that he might also be missing the sexual element of his marriage.

She watched as he moved to kneel in front of her. His hands moved to her thighs.
More than ever she was aware of the heat of his hands upon her legs, the contact reassuring, but somehow intimate.

“I’m not trying to embarrass you – but I want you to be happy!
Promise me you’ll try! Please?”


She hesitated, uncertain as to how to reply.

”What is it I’m supposed to try Frank?”

She asked calmly.

”If my husband doesn’t find me irresistible on our wedding day, then he never will.”

She concluded sadly.

”He’s not like you Frank. He doesn’t see that he has a ‘duty’ to me.
I’m sure he loves me, but does he really want me? … need me…?”


She didn’t give him time to answer.

”Maybe there’s something wrong with me, but … I need to be needed and wanted.”

She gave him a smile and reached out to touch Frank’s cheek just as he had done to her.

”I know if I’d been lucky enough to be in Alicia’s position, I wouldn’t have complained about the after effects …. “
 
Last edited:
When Claire pleaded with Frank not to say anything he acquiesced.
After all it was her wedding and Claire was going to (hopefully) live the rest of her life with Carl.
It would be hard for Frank, as he had been used to guiding Carl through the difficult parts of his life, more so than Alicia.

Claire's assurance that they would work it out demonstrated that she was willing to fight for her marriage, at least!

When Claire laughed at his admission of the state both he and Alicia were in the following day, he felt relieved. Also a little embarrassed, as he was aware he shouldn’t have divulged that morsel of information.

When she asked:

”What is it I’m supposed to try Frank?”

He answered her – “You said you would try and work things out. Just promise me you will?”
When she sadly added:
”If my husband doesn’t find me irresistible on our wedding day, then he never will.”
Frank decided he had to get involved.

“Now listen, my girl…” He started.
“No man in my family has ever bought shame upon his forbears by being a lousy lover. It may take Carl a while, but he’s a smart boy and he’ll get there. You may have to lay it on a plate for him to start with, but that is because his mother and I brought him up to respect women and not to take advantage of them. Just teach him what you like - make him please you!”
He paused, painfully aware he was about to take a huge gamble, but feeling for her and her plight, and seeing a solution to his problem of being single too.

When Claire voiced her worries that she was inadequate:
”He’s not like you Frank. He doesn’t see that he has a ‘duty’ to me.
I’m sure he loves me, but does he really want me? … need me…?”


Frank shook his head, and asked her:
“If he didn’t want you, need you – do you really think he’d be marrying you today? Of course he loves you! He told me when he first announced your engagement that it wasn’t so much a case of wanting to spend the rest of his life with you; but rather he couldn’t see the rest of his life without you!”

Then she added:
”Maybe there’s something wrong with me, but … I need to be needed and wanted.”

She gave him a smile and reached out to touch Frank’s cheek just as he had done to her.

”I know if I’d been lucky enough to be in Alicia’s position, I wouldn’t have complained about the after effects …. “

Frank smiled, then reached up, and pulled her gently toward him, and kissed her, this time not on the forehead or the cheek, as he had before, but on the lips, as a lover would.

“Oh Claire – My dear, dear Claire!”
He looked into her eyes.
“Until such time as Carl feels ready to direct his lovemaking, I propose something unorthodox. I propose to be his surrogate. On the one hand I love you as my own daughter. On the other I love you as his wife to be, and I can’t just stand by and allow you to remain unsatisfied!”

He reached up and slid a hand over hers, resting on his cheek, bringing it to his lips and kissing it.

Then took her hand and rested it upon her skirt, still in his hand, feeling the heat of her skin from both sides.

He continue to look into her eyes, looking for a reaction.

“I’m not going to lie, Claire. In the short term, we could help each other out.
I long for the touch of a good woman. I haven't held or been with a woman for five years. You are so beautiful and I feel partly responsible for your predicament. Until Carl's ready - I need you! I don’t need an answer right now – just think about it, OK?”
 
“Now listen, my girl…”

Claire smiled as Frank became 'fatherly'.

“No man in my family has ever bought shame upon his forbears by being a lousy lover."

She could not help but giggle at his words. It was so bizarre to be having this conversation, much less having her father-in-law-to-be advise her upon her (not so) future marital relations!

"It may take Carl a while, but he’s a smart boy and he’ll get there.
You may have to lay it on a plate for him to start with, but that is because his mother and I brought him up to respect women and not to take advantage of them. Just teach him what you like - make him please you!”


She blushed at the idea of 'laying it on a plate' for him. And she thought that it was more likely to be a case of where Carl's priorities lay rather than any high level of inbuilt respect. He had been eager enough to bed her when they first had gotten together. Perhaps familiarity had turned into taking their 'relations' for granted?

“If he didn’t want you, need you – do you really think he’d be marrying you today? Of course he loves you! He told me when he first announced your engagement that it wasn’t so much a case of wanting to spend the rest of his life with you; but rather he couldn’t see the rest of his life without you!”

Claire sighed. She felt guilty for the way her thoughts were going.
And they did have the rest of their lives to do ... whatever they wanted ... or at least they had ... until this day kept repeating over and over. What had caused that?
What did she have to do differently in order to get her future back?

She wasn't surprised when Frank pulled her towards him, but when his lips met hers, she was shocked; shocked not only by his action, but by the fact she actually returned the kiss and that doing so left her flushed and breathless ...

“Oh Claire – My dear, dear Claire!”

There was something ... different ... in the way he was looking at her, the way he spoke her name ...

“Until such time as Carl feels ready to direct his lovemaking, I propose something unorthodox. I propose to be his surrogate."

He could surely not be suggesting ... ?

"On the one hand I love you as my own daughter. On the other I love you as his wife to be, and I can’t just stand by and allow you to remain unsatisfied!”

Claire blushed hotly as he spoke of her frustrations and asserted that he would take it upon himself to 'satisfy' her. This couldn't be happening!
Claire couldn't even allow herself to think of Frank, Carl's father, in such a way!
And yet Claire couldn't drag her gaze from his; couldn't stop her pulses racing, which was surely from panic and embarrassment and nothing to do with an arousal at the idea of 'intimacy' with Frank.

“I’m not going to lie, Claire. In the short term, we could help each other out."

God, he was deadly serious.

"I long for the touch of a good woman. I haven't held or been with a woman for five years.
You are so beautiful and I feel partly responsible for your predicament."
[/I]

She shook her head.

"You're not responsible for Carl, Frank ... "

Was that ALL she was disagreeing with!?

"Until Carl's ready - I need you!. "

Why did those words, Frank's earnestness thrill rather than shock Claire?

"I don’t need an answer right now – just think about it, OK?”

She nodded.

" ... if I really thought you wanted me ... "

She flushed and bit her lip unable to take back the words.

"Carl isn't a boy anymore Frank. What he does or choses not to do is his choice. And as his wife, I'll work though that with him ... "

She told him determinedly.

"You've favoured me as a daughter-in-law and I love you as a father ... "

She smiled affectionately.

"... yet our closeness has never been dependent upon Carl's feelings for me.
From the first you welcomed me, Frank ... always been there for me ... and we have become ... close ... "


Part of her knew that this was wrong, that she should draw a line that would never be crossed, but as her eyes took in the appearance of the man seated so closely to her, as she felt the warmth of his hands upon her skirt as they rested on her upper thighs she found herself saying.

" ... I would hope we will become more so ... in any way which meets both our needs ... "
 
Frank knew he had spoken out of turn, as evidenced by Claire’s blushes and also that he wasn’t responsible for Carl any more – it was a long time since Carl had lived under his roof, and had to abide by his rules.

"Carl isn't a boy anymore Frank. What he does or chooses not to do is his choice. And as his wife, I'll work though that with him ... "

Frank was grateful that Claire seemed at least willing to fight for her marriage, and when she said she also felt close to Frank, independently of her relationship with Carl, Frank was elated.

He was equally relieved that she loved him as a Father, as he loved her as the daughter he never had – until Carl met her. He didn’t want to see her hurt – by anybody.

Claire's admission: " ... I would hope we will become more so ... in any way which meets both our needs ... " was all Frank needed to hear.

Frank took a deep breath to steady his nerves. This was highly irregular, but, as he checked his mind to make sure he felt it was the right thing to do, given the circumstances, he knew he couldn’t leave Claire feeling unfulfilled – it just wasn’t fair!
He had to admit, his own desires had played a part in his offer, but Claire was stunning and if Carl was too much of a fool to do the deed himself, instead of sitting joking with his mates, getting drunk, when his incredibly attractive new wife was left to fend for herself at her own Wedding, Frank felt some disgust.

But, Claire had asked him not to interfere, so he wouldn’t. He respected her too much for that.

The fact she had voiced her hopes that they would grow closer, signalled her acceptance of him as at least a temporary provider of comfort and love, whilst her husband seemed either incapable or unwilling to do so.

“Claire – I DO want you. Let me prove it!"
Frank asked, knowing that her answer would dramatically alter not only today, but potentially the rest of their lives.

He could feel himself start to harden, in his underwear, as he waited for her answer with bated breath.
His imagination had kicked in, and he hoped she would understand why he was doing this....
 
“Claire – I DO want you. Let me prove it!"

The very tone of Frank's voice told Claire all she wanted to know, as did her own body's reaction to Frank telling her than he wanted her. It was a line she shouldn't cross and yet she justified it by wanting to give Frank the chance to prove his feelings, and with the thought that she could always back track if she needed to ...

"Okay .... "

Even to her own years, her voice sounded shakey.

" .... prove you want me Frank ... "

She directed breathlessly, her eyes holding his, both fearful and excited at what might happen next ...
 
" .... prove you want me Frank ... "

She directed breathlessly, her eyes holding his, both fearful and excited at what might happen next ...

This was music to Frank’s ears.

He gently reached up and slid the bodice of her wedding gown down, exposing her breasts in their dainty white bridal ‘secrets’ bra. He pulled the cups gently away from the smooth creamy skin, and gently slid a fingertip across the small pink nub of first one, then the other nipple, keeping his eyes locked on hers.

He leaned in to kiss her breasts, covering them in light feather kisses, before allowing his mouth to engulf one nipple and make it hard, with sweeps of his tongue, whilst his hands teased the other, before switching his attention to the other side and moving his hands down, so that one lifted the skirt of her dress, whilst the other slid under it, and up her soft, sensitive thighs, lightly scratching the white stockings encasing them. He brought her tender nubs to full height, with his tongue & teeth.

He thought he heard a gasp as his fingers contacted bare skin above the stockings, and he swept a fingertip across the gusset of her panties, feeling the soft, smooth silk. After a short pause to allow her to adjust to the presence of his hand there, he insinuated the fingertip under the elastic, and pressed it firmly against the soft, warm lips of her pussy, for the first time; never letting up his oral assault on her nipples.

As he moved his fingertip around under the silky panties, he could feel the warmth emanating from her, and only then did he lift his head to once more look her in the eyes.
His finger felt the first hint of moisture, as he slid it up and down just inside her labia, and up, to rest upon her clit. She felt smooth – young and fresh and he could not wait to taste her, but now wasn’t the time. This would need to be done properly, if time permitted later, but for now, he would have to settle for manual stimulation to prove his point to her, and to himself. His finger slid up and down again and again and when the sensations had made her a little wetter, he pushed a little harder, and his finger slid inside her, all the way to the knuckle.

“Now do you believe me, Claire?”
 
Last edited:
Claire hadn’t thought just what form this ‘proof’ would take, but Frank’s actions took her entirely by surprise. She gave a silent gasp as his hands eased down her wedding dress and then went still further as he exposed her breasts. His first intimate touch was just the tip of his finger as it dragged across one nipple, then the second. Her eyes widening as his gaze held hers, her body shivering visibly at that forbidden touch. And yet she hadn’t stopped him, hadn’t protested. Softly, almost reverently he leaned forward kissing her sensitive flesh. The gentle treatment drawing a smile from her; this is what she might have predicted after all, soothing sensuality from an older man who obviously cared about her …

She was surprised, therefore when she suddenly found his mouth latched onto one of her breasts. She gasped as his tongue moved with undeniable expertise to coax her nipple to aching hardness, whilst her other breast remained at the mercy of the teasing toying of his fingers. And then he switched, ensuring each of her breasts received equal attention. And then it was only his mouth working at her breasts, for his hands were lifting her skirts and easing beneath. Her pulses raced as she felt him ease higher and higher. She groaned as she felt the graze if his teeth upon her breasts making them ache and peak unbelievably. She gave a soft exclamation as his fingers finally made intimate contact with her skin; her whole body jolting as a finger boldly stroked her panties.

This was wrong, so wrong. She had invited his touch, his ‘proof’, but she was realising already that she had far underestimated her father-in-law-to-be and just how adept he was sexually. She couldn’t make comparisons, mustn’t compare father to son, yet even in this short time, he had her breasts at the mercy of her mouth and his finger was now pressed against her pussy lips provoking a soft cry as she felt her sex contract at that forbidden contact. His eyes sought hers once more, as if to reassure himself that she was not objecting or regretting what they had embarked upon.

”Oh… oh my God…. Frank …“

Claire exclaimed breathlessly, groaning his name as his finger began to stroke, the simple touch making her sex contract and flare with heat. Her breath was audible now, ragged even. Just with that simple contact he had her wet and aching. And then finally he pushed his finger inside her drawing a soft moan from her as she felt that wonderful intrusion.

“Now do you believe me, Claire?”

His voice was calm, controlled, a stark contrast to her own aroused confusion. Mutely she nodded her head, before forcing a response.

”Yes … I … I believe you Frank … “

She confirmed.

” … and I want you just as much … “

True, she had been frustrated for the past 48 hours, but even so, the intensity of just that initial interplay between her and her father-in-law-to-be was … stunning …
 
Frank was so relieved that Claire divulged she wanted him as much as he did her.

Her exclamation of ”Oh… oh my God…. Frank …“ when he started to tease her pussy with his finger proved to him that he wasn’t as much of an old fart as he feared.

‘Still life in the old dog yet!’ he thought, as he diddled her pussy, and gently introduced another finger into her, slowly sawing them both in and out, before sliding them both in as far as they would go, and rotating them and curling the fingers upwards in a beckoning motion, pressing the fingertips onto Claire’s G-spot, and sweeping them rapidly back and forth over the hard bump inside her.

Alicia had loved this, and Claire seemed no different. It had the desired effect, and she was soon really enjoying herself. He had abandoned her breasts now, focussing on her moistening pussy.

Frank became concerned that Claire might become too loud, as Alicia used to occasionally, when it had been necessary to kiss her hard to smother the sound of her ecstatic screams.

He knew she was getting closer to her zenith, and his hardness in his underwear was becoming uncomfortable, but he was aware that time was of the essence, as no reason would be good enough for Claire to be late for the pre-wedding photos. A bridesmaid would be despatched to escort her, and if he were found there – well, there would be quite a scene, to say the least!

Nevertheless, the sounds she made were exquisite, and he was enjoying himself, bringing her pleasure.

“Claire, are you going to cum for me?
 
It was as if her words, her confirmation of her needs gave him permission to push her further. His hand moved to toy with her teasingly and then a second finger was slowly pushed inside her making her give a low groan as her pussy fluttered and clamped around those two digits. And then Frank began to finger her in earnest. The rhythm of his fingers as he pushed them steadily in only to withdraw and push just as deeply again had her moaning softly as she unconsciously eased back on the sofa, her body half prone, her lace skirts pulled higher as she gave herself up to Frank's skill. When he curled and turned his fingers, hitting he g-spot, Claire cried out sharply, the jolt of heat so much more intense than she had expected.

"OOOhhhhh ... oh... Frank.. omg... ohhh yesss..... "

He was working on her rapidly now, her breath ragged as her arousal grew.
Her breasts exposed hung over her bridal bodice. Her skirts were pulled high to reveal her stockings and white heels. She was all but laid horizontally as Frank's hand moved back and forth giving her the most exquisite finger fucking she had ever had as her hungry pussy clenched and gripped at him as if eager for more.

“Claire, are you going to cum for me?

Frank's eyes held hers as he asked.

"Yesss ... "

She managed to respond breathlessly.

"Goddd, please Frank.... please make me cummm .... "

She all but begged him, so desperate for release that she felt as if she would do almost anything to finally attain the orgasm she had for so long been denied....
 
Last edited:
The sight of Claire before him in the throes of arousal was something to behold. He could not remember the last time his penis had felt harder.
How he want to drop his trousers and boxers, and slip his steel-hard cock into her! However, now was not the time!

He slid his fingers into her at such speed there were now a blur of motion, and her hips were thrusting up at him, as her pussy hungrily gripped his fingers with every thrust.
Frank then placed the pad of his middle finger from his left hand onto her now-exposed clit, and swept it left and right across the erect little bud, enjoying Claire’s increasingly ragged breathing, and her gasped pleas to make her cum.

After a few moments more, of the intense assault on her sex, with her hips bucking up at him, Frank turned his left hand around and delivered a sharp spank, right onto her pussy, onto her clit, as he muttered:
“Now Claire – cum for me!”

Claire jumped as if she had been given an electric shock, but the change in stimulation had the desired effect, and Frank felt her sex clamp around his fingers, as the rhythmic squeeze of her orgasm took hold.
Her head had flopped back, and she moaned, as her climax crashed over her.

He gently sawed his fingers in and out of her a few more times, until he judged she was too sensitive, and withdrew them swipe them under his nose.
“Now I can smell you all afternoon, my dear!”

Then, to taste her nectar, he pushed his fingers deep into his mouth and sucked her dew from them, savouring her musky sweetness.

He gave her a few moments to regain her composure, and her breath before he stood, taking his handkerchief from his pocket and wiping his fingers on it. He replaced it in his pocket and then straightened his tie, and then the cuffs of his shirt.
His gaze then returned to her slightly flushed face, and he smiled.

“Now Claire – See how determined I am that you be fulfilled?”

He waited for her answer, before adding:
“And that – is just the tip of the iceberg. Oh, my girl – there is so much more I want to show you!”

He placed two fingers of his right hand together, kissed them, then bent – and placed them back onto her still-exposed pussy lips, before rising again.

He waited for her to adjust herself, and helped her to sit upright before he stepped back.

He looked at his watch. Twenty minutes left before the photos.
“I should go, Claire. But I would love to continue this, if the opportunity arises again.” He stated.
 
It seemed all she had to do was ask. If anything Frank moved his fingers more forcibly than before, his fucking almost brutal drew from Claire moans and mewls as she headed rapidly towards her climax. It was that spank that drove her over the edge, a single perfectly placed stinging slap accompanied by his softly spoken command.

“Now Claire – cum for me!”

Even as he punished her clit, the edge of pain added to her pleasure and tipped Claire over the edge, her sex contorting and spasming as an intense orgasm seemed to wash over her body, flooding her sex and making her whole body rock with release. All that pent up frustration poured forth in that erotic explosion leaving her spent and dazed.

Struggling for breath, her exposed breasts rising and falling over the bodice of her gown, Claire looked up dazedly as Frank eased his fingers out of her; eyes widening in shock as he savoured her scent on his fingers.

“Now I can smell you all afternoon, my dear!”

She flushed hotly as he sucked at his fingers, tasting the copious juices which coated his fingers, undeniable evidence that she had allowed her father-in-law-to-be 'get her off' and in doing so crossed a line that she knew she really should not have. She watched helplessly as he wiped his fingers upon his handkerchief, replacing it in his pocket before rectifying the slight angle of his tie and ensuring that his shirt sleeves hung just so ...

“Now Claire – See how determined I am that you be fulfilled?”

She knew it was for her to speak. Her emotions were in turmoil.
She had assuaged the frustration that had been plaguing her for days, but at what cost.

"Yes Frank, very determined ... "

She answered him breathlessly. She had realised immediately that she had put herself in the hands of a master and that the stories she had gleaned about the relationship he had with his late wife were far from exaggeration.

“And that – is just the tip of the iceberg.
Oh, my girl – there is so much more I want to show you!”


His words held promise, but also gave her a twinge of concern. To Frank this wasn't a one off act to deal with her frustrations. It was clear that he intended for this 'interlude' just to be the start ....

She gasped as he placed that kiss upon her still sensitive pussy, the light touch of his fingers making her body quiver reflexively before moving away to allow her to gather herself and attempt to regain her composure. Reaching down she readjusted her panties, aware that they were sopping wet, but having no other choice but to ease them back over her lewdly swollen pussy lips. Her stockings were in tact and so she eased herself upright, with Frank's help and smoothed out her skirts until they fell once more into position to skirt her ankles. Blushing, she attended to her bra and bodice, ensuring that once again the gown covered her modestly only giving a maidenly glimpse of cleavage above the ornate lace. Her breathing had slowed, but she could still feel her heart pounding in shock at what she had allowed happen.

“I should go, Claire. But I would love to continue this, if the opportunity arises again.”

She nodded mutely, struggling to find her voice.

"Yes, I should ... "

Her voice wavered. Should what, she asked herself? Should make sure the fact that your father-in-law just fingered you to orgasm isn't obvious to everyone who sees you? She rose unsteadily to her feet and walked with Frank to the door.

"I'll see you later Frank..."

She told him, kicking herself mentally for making it sound like she was arranging a tryst...

She stood in her bridal suite and closed her eyes. Her pussy was still quivering. There was no denying that Frank had known JUST what to do to make her cum.
But it was wrong. She had known it. And that fact, the fact that Frank was 'forbidden' had added to her arousal she finally admitted to herself; that and the fact that Frank was more 'dangerous' and unpredictable than Carl...

" ... Carl ... "

At the thought of her bridegroom, Claire felt the first twinge of guilt. To do such a thing with his father! He must never find out! But of course Frank would never tell. He loved his son and wanted them to be together, to have a happy marriage ... And yet Frank had spoken of 'continuing' ....

For the first time, Claire was thankful that she would have the chance to replay this over again. Perhaps with the benefit of having her needs met today, she would act with more decorum the next and not allow things to get so ... out of hand ... ? And for now, she had limited time to freshen up and check her hair and make up and prepare for her veil to be fitted in preparation for the photographs ...

God ... she was going to go through with this wedding yet again ... but how different it felt this time round?
 
Frank was glad Claire understood that he really was determined that she would be fulfilled.

As he had stated, he wasn't prepared (and didn't think it fair) that she should be married and not be sexually satisfied.

Frank paused as Claire said, she should when he mentioned about ding this again. Maybe that wasn't what she meant, but even if she did, now was not the time to debate the point!

When she said "I'll see you later Frank..." at the door, he thought she was referring to the photo-session; but part of him wanted it to mean after the Wedding so he could take her properly, if his son proved unwilling or unable.

Frank left her alone to freshen up and went downstairs to the bar for a quick stiff drink.

He ordered a shot of brandy, and considered what he had just done.

Part of him felt guilty - it should have been his son doing this!
Another part of him was glad it was him, as Claire was a stunning girl. No - she was a woman now - he reminded himself.
He hoped this wouldn't be the ruin of them both, but he just wanted her happy!

He looked at his watch and still had fifteen minutes until the Photographer was due. He savoured the brandy and ran around in his head what had just happened again and again.
Whichever way he looked at it, he had done the unthinkable, but he didn't feel bad, as Claire had been fulfilled.
That had been her grievance- that she had been left unfulfilled and frustrated.

At the given time, he met the other members of the Wedding party for the photos, as agreed.
Claire looked radiant, and as she arrived in the room, he kissed her in greeting just as all the other relatives did.

The sessions lasted for around twenty minutes, with the photographer asking various people to pose next to Claire, and it all seemed to go quite smoothly.

Then the time came for everyone to go their separate ways until the Wedding ceremony itself.
Frank took his leave to drive to the Church and enjoy the lovely weather, walking around the Churchyard looking at the flowers, and talking to other friends & relatives who had also turned up in good time.

He did enjoy knowing he was the only wedding guest who had Claire's pussy juices (although now dry) sat on his top lip, under his nose.
He thought about what had transpired and wished it could happen again soon.

Eventually, Carl and his Best Man, Peter arrived, and dashed into the Church, but not before Peter offered Carl a drink from a pewter hip-flask which he produced from a jacket pocket. Frank guessed it would be whisky, and shook his head, as the two younger men stood talking. He waked over and greeted them both and made sure they had the rings, and everything that could be made ready, was ready.
Only then did 'the boys' make their way inside.

The Ushers had started to ask guests to take their places, and Frank dutifully took his place, in the front row on the Groom's side, and waited, looking around at the various features in the Church, the vaulted ceiling with its fine stone carvings, the plaques dedicated to high achievers, long since dead, and the Altar at the front of the Church.

At last the moment had come and the music Claire had chosen began to play, to announce her arrival to the assembled guests.

Frank turned and saw her looking radiant - as she walked carefully down the aisle, towards Carl who had turned to Frank and smiled before turning to Claire. He must have gestured or winked, or something, because her smile grew even wider.
Her Father looked so proud, as Frank could well imagine he should be, walking his radiant daughter down the aisle at her Wedding.
Frank reflected for a moment how quickly she had grown from a teenager to a beautiful young woman.
Then his attention focussed back on the here and now, as she stood beside Carl, and the Vicar bade everyone to sit.....
 
Claire had little time to reflect.

All too soon came the knock at her door, expected this time, and with it the admittance of not just her maid of honour, but the two younger bridesmaids all eager to assist Claire with her veil. Such was the excitement and the chatter that none of the girls realised there was anything different about the bride-to-be.

But there was.

And as she descended the staircase, bouquet in hand, Claire could not avoid a twinge of anxiety at facing Frank in public after having shared such intimacy. Greeted by tearful parents, Claire was certain swept up in the excited congratulations which surrounded her. Hugs, kisses and best wishes were exchanged and hardly before she was aware, Frank had kissed her on the cheek and relinquished his place to join the admiring guests as she stood to pose for her first photograph beside her bridesmaids.

That first meeting over, Claire visibly relaxed. Even when required to stand beside Frank, her arms through his for the first shot and then his arm around his daughter-in-law-to-be for the second, she found she could laugh and smile naturally as if nothing forbidden had ever taken place. So much so, that when the group began to break up and Frank turned to head on his way to the church, Claire gave final smile and wave in his direction before making her way to the room which had been set aside for the wedding party to enjoy a glass of chilled champagne whilst they awaited their transport to the church.

Just as before the car arrived on time; just as before the journey to the church was uneventful. Stood once more at the entrance to the church, Claire smiled at her father, strangely at ease, even as he tugged nervously his waistcoat.
Wagner's Bridal Chorus struck up, and once more Claire found herself walking down the aisle heading towards Carl. She saw him turn from speaking with his father to cast an eager gaze down the aisle towards her. Even for the third time, Claire could not help respond to the shocked admiration of her bridegroom as she closed the final distance between them and stood demurely by his side.

And so came the ceremony.

The words, the hymns, the exchange of vows and finally rings. And for that time, as before, she and Carl only had eyes for each other. Not until the signing of the register did the thought of Frank and his assertion that he had so much more to show her even enter her consciousness. The signature filled the box below her husband's, and even as she rose to make way for the first witness, her mother, she turned and found herself standing beside her new father-in-law. For long moments she held Frank's gaze, daring to wonder what the future might have brought had the consequences of her actions been permanent. Only she could possibly know tomorrow none of this would have taken place and that the decisions were hers to be made once more. And as that was the case, how much more shocking was it that Frank should cross that line mere hours before her wedding?

She stood beside Carl and watched Frank and her mother change places.
She held his gaze as he took up the pen to add the final signature to the marriage certificate; the document that would legally bind her to his son and truly make them family...
 
Last edited:
Frank thought Claire looked radiant as she descended the stairs to greet her proud parents, and other Wedding guests who were assembled for the pre-wedding photos.
He was relieved (but not surprised) that Claire didn’t show any hint of the tryst they had enjoyed not an hour before.

The photos were tastefully taken by the photographer and the assembled guests all took their places in sequence beside Claire for their memento of the day.

Then, once the photographer was happy that they had all the shots they needed, Claire and her parents excused themselves to await the Wedding Car, with Claire’s Mother waiting to leave with the Bridesmaids for the Church.

The Ceremony went without a hitch, and everything was just beautiful.
Even the practical joke which some of Carl’s friends from his School, College & University days played, which entailed them painting the letters H.E. on the sole of his left shoe & L.P. on the right, made many of the guests smile when he first knelt at the Altar to receive the Vicar’s blessing.
Frank imagined that every girl would have dreamt of a Wedding like that.(well, apart from the joke)

Afterward when the Bride & Groom and their parents went to sign the register, there was an awkward moment when Claire and Frank locked eyes as he took the pen from her mother to sign on the space for him on the page.
The significance of that moment was not lost on him – as it meant that Claire was now a part of his family, as much as Carl was a part of hers.

As the Happy Couple led the congregation out of the Church, amidst an abundance of applause, it was ‘smiles all round’.
The gathered family & friends took many photos themselves, around the formally posed shots the photographer asked people for, with the Bride’s family, Groom’s family, which placed Claire between Carl and Frank. Carl had his arm round Claire’s waist, and Frank placed his arm around both Claire & Carl’s shoulders.

Frank then stood back and allowed other family and friends to take their places in the many photographs that were taken.

When the time came for the Bride & Groom to leave for the Hotel in the Wedding Car, the guests crowded around and showered them with rice and confetti.
They dashed to the car and dived inside, with Claire’s Wedding Dress hitching up to show an expanse of stockinged leg to several of the closer guests, including Frank.
Once safely away, the guests disappeared to their own cars, to follow them to the Hotel.
The young couple were met at the Hotel by the Manager, and escorted into a private room, where a bottle of Champagne sat in an Ice Bucket, to await the arrival of all the other guests. This was likely the only chance they would get for privacy for the next few hours at least.

Once all the guests were safely ensconced in the function suite, either sat at their tables, or ordering drinks at the bar, Peter, the Best Man went to tell Carl & Claire their guests were ready to receive them in the Main Room.
Frank was sat at his appointed place at the Top Table, sipping a glass of white wine, alongside Claire’s Mother.
Frank was reminded where Claire got her looks from, as her Mother had the same slender build (although not quite so slender), but with ash-blonde hair and thought that Claire’s Father must have felt much like Carl did today, on their Wedding Day, with a beautiful woman beside him.

Frank felt a momentary pang of pain, that Alicia couldn’t be with him to see this, but in his heart, he knew she was looking down on them all with approval.
Peter then appeared, to tell the Top Table that Carl & Claire were just outside, awaiting the announcement by the M.C. they were here.

Then the M.C. called the room to order, to announce them.
 
The register signed, once more Claire and Carl left the church in a blur of well wishes, photos and confetti until finally she was sat beside her new husband and being taken back to the hotel.

"You look beautiful, Mrs Allen,"

Carl complimented her.

"You look rather handsome yourself,"

Claire replied moving into their first private kiss - for that day at least - as husband and wife.

She smiled at her new husband as he wrapped his arm around her and with the other hand lightly touched her veil, his hand moving downwards to trail across the lace bodice, hovering teasingly before running a hand down to her waist and skirts.

"Nice dress ... "

Carl told her with a charming grin that reminded her unavoidably of Frank.

" ... girl's got to make an effort... "

She teased a hand moving to his thigh drawing a surprised laugh from him.

"Lots of time for that Claire,"

He told her playfully.

"We have the mother of all parties to enjoy ... all that planning and now we can finally relax ... "

He kissed her, but the embrace was careless, conciliatory ...

"This is going to be such fun, babe ... "

Claire bit back a sigh. No matter what she changed about events, about that conversation in the car, it was clear what Carl's priority for his wedding day was and always would be ...

Soon the short trip between church and hotel was over. As had happened the previous two days Claire and Carl were greeted and congratulated and then escorted to their private room. As before Carl found it necessary to consume half the bottle of champagne, rather than a solitary glass offered in toast to their wedding and consequently, Claire partook of a second glass, after all she knew just how this would go from now onwards ...

She managed to look serene as they were called upon to enter the room where their guests were assembled. Carl helped her into her seat, taking her hand and kissing it, yet the way he winked and grinned made his actions seem like play acting rather than the charming sincerity she craved from her husband. The meal went as a blur, not that Claire ate much. She sipped at her wine making sure that she drank an equal if not larger amount of water and pretended not to notice the multiple glasses which Carl consumed...

And then it was speeches. Peter's best man speech was painful enough the first time, but for the third, it was all Claire could do not to walk out at the tasteless quips and verbal backslapping that went down so well with Carl's table of 'mates'. Her father's speech was heartfelt and yet again moved her to tears. He was so proud of her, so hopeful, so welcoming of Carl to the family. How many more times was she to sit here and listen to all this, only to wake and have to go through it all over again, she wondered? And then it came to Carl. She watched as he stood nervously, the 'dutch courage' of wine and champagne really not enhancing his ability to speak publically. He spoke of both sets of parents, of how his mother would have loved Claire and then focused upon the expected words about the bride herself. There was a glimpse of the real Carl there, the Carl Claire knew and loved and yet ... somehow it all seemed so staged, so artificial, so far removed from what she had hoped for, though perhaps it suffered in the repetition, like a favourite film watched too many times ...

And then blissfully the formalities were over. There would be a brief half hour for guests to get some fresh air, go to the bar or just freshen up before the evening entertainment began. Claire knew that once their 'first dance' was over she would see very little of Carl for the rest of the evening. Instead of remaining with the top table wedding party, Claire excused herself with the explanation that she was going to 'freshen up' though merely needing to put distance between herself and the cycle of events which she simply could not prevent rolling out once more. Finding the room she and Carl had waited in before the reception, she ducked into the quiet room closing the door behind her with a sigh.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top