My Wish For Today

Yeay! Only four or five years wishing and hoping, and here she is!

OK, I ought to have asked for money for a new laptop, I probably need it for work - never mind coming on here. But this is what I really really wanted, and for your 50th birthday I think you should have what your little heart really desires.

Oh, and it came with a free glass mixing bowl! And a burly shop assistant who giggled a lot and showed me sandwich cake tins and fetched extra bits and pieces for me to consider buying with it. LOL.

attachment.php

I can't wait for Piglet to come home so we can get making cakes!

:nana::nana::nana:

Attachments

• Kitchenaid cakemixer.jpg
    Kitchenaid cakemixer.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 62
I wish Naoko's wishes were granted...particularly the one for the cake mixer.

Oh, Tio, you are so kind. You granted my other wish by being interested in my writing. I mean my academic writing! LOL. I get plenty of interest in my other writing :rolleyes:. Particularly since the one star reviews on Amazon saying my werewolf story is a disgusting piece of filth. :D The poor creature's being downloaded in such large numbers now that I can hardly keep up with it.

I wish that Naoko discovers the complete range of operations that can be performed with this "mother's helper" to make it truly a "happy half-century."

I wish that Naoko discovers the complete range of operations that can be performed with this "mother's helper" to make it truly a "happy half-century."

I think that takes a washing machine with the ballast loose so it can vibrate at high speed when the spin comes on. :p

I wish I had real friends. I haven't feel any real connection with anyone in a long time.

That's priceless, Thee: a virtual wish to have real friends! Get offline, man, and get outside!

I do most of my posting from work when I am stuck at a desk. I go to the gym four days a week. I go to kung fu classes. I started playing poker again. I am around people all the time.

I still don't feel a connection with most of them. I love a lot of fringe things that most people don't really care for.

I do most of my posting from work when I am stuck at a desk. I go to the gym four days a week. I go to kung fu classes. I started playing poker again. I am around people all the time.

I still don't feel a connection with most of them. I love a lot of fringe things that most people don't really care for.

Can't people on here be 'real' friends? I have 'real' friends I made on here, people who are kind to me when I feel upset about things, people I support through things they're going through, people who give me good advice not only about my writing but about things going on in my work and all sorts. Couldn't you come into Naked Party and chat with us? It would be good practice for going out and chatting with people about the fringe things you like to do. And there are cakes there at the moment that I posted.

:rose:

Tio was, as usual, being a dick, Thee. Not to mention a hypocrite.

Pay no attention. We don't.

Tricky.
But the fact you play poker, presumably with pal, if not actual mates is a good sign, I think. What puzzles me is that you are a regular at kung fu and the gym, but you go alone and do all your stuff without human involvement /interaction ?

Good luck

Can't people on here be 'real' friends? I have 'real' friends I made on here, people who are kind to me when I feel upset about things, people I support through things they're going through, people who give me good advice not only about my writing but about things going on in my work and all sorts. Couldn't you come into Naked Party and chat with us? It would be good practice for going out and chatting with people about the fringe things you like to do. And there are cakes there at the moment that I posted.

Online is completely different than handing out with someone over dinner and talking about anything and everything that is on your mind for hours at a time until you realize that you should have gone home to bed hours ago.

Tricky.
But the fact you play poker, presumably with pal, if not actual mates is a good sign, I think. What puzzles me is that you are a regular at kung fu and the gym, but you go alone and do all your stuff without human involvement /interaction ?

Good luck

The poker people don't care about gaming, martial arts, fighting, movies, or death metal. The kung fu people don't care about poker, or fighting (oddly enough), gaming, or death metal (well, one of them likes fighting and gaming, but none of the other things, and I consider him my closest friend, but not that close still), I don't have any friends to talk to about music (I am really isolated there), I can't talk any of these people into going to see a movie, or going bowling, or to a pool hall (I don't even know where any pool halls are anymore)... I am a man unto myself, most of the time.

Online is completely different than handing out with someone over dinner and talking about anything and everything that is on your mind for hours at a time until you realize that you should have gone home to bed hours ago.

The poker people don't care about gaming, martial arts, fighting, movies, or death metal. The kung fu people don't care about poker, or fighting (oddly enough), gaming, or death metal (well, one of them likes fighting and gaming, but none of the other things, and I consider him my closest friend, but not that close still), I don't have any friends to talk to about music (I am really isolated there), I can't talk any of these people into going to see a movie, or going bowling, or to a pool hall (I don't even know where any pool halls are anymore)... I am a man unto myself, most of the time.

Online isn't the same as spending a long evening with friends, but we talk about music and stuff. Maybe if you found a chat room with people who like the same music you do, two or three of them might live near you and come to a concert or a movie with you? Or your kung fu friends might come to a movie even if they don't like the same music? If you are someone with a range of interests it's not usually possible to find people who share all of them, but most people are fun to hang out with and grumble about the weather or share a pizza - bit like we do on here. See if people will just go out for a beer with you, start small and see how you go.

(Did your back get better?)

My wish for today has nothing to do with writing. Although, getting rid of my writer's block would be nice so I'll hope for the best there and look forward to the job interview scheduled for today.

My wish for today has nothing to do with writing. Although, getting rid of my writer's block would be nice so I'll hope for the best there and look forward to the job interview scheduled for today.

Good luck txblush!

Tio was, as usual, being a dick, Thee. Not to mention a hypocrite.

Pay no attention. We don't.

Hardly a hypocrite, Steve; I don't spend my time posting about my pathetic life. I do occasionally, though, play to Thee's shtick about his "pathetic life." He's been posting such things for years; it seems it's what he does.
I suspect, though, that Steve may be mistaking the AH for some sort of real life. Note to Steve: people play here.

Back