courtesy responses?

Hi! So i'm new to Literotica and have just gotten my first two works published (Yay!) and the response has been stunning.

Previous to posting on Literotica I uploaded my works onto Hentai Foundry and while I enjoyed the response and feedback I got there, the number of views my works got in the last three days has been dwarfed by the number of views my works have gotten on Literotica in just four hours! *Gasp!*

However, on Hentai foundry it's really easy to go to someones profile and drop them a courtesy comment thanking them for the favourites and the watches, as well as responding to any feedback, and i'm just trying to ascertain the sort of polite protocol on Literotica?

Is it okay for me to drop a contact to everyone who favourites my stories or follows me? I like the people the do enjoy or follow me to know just how much I really really appreciate it, it makes me fell warm and fuzzy.

So is it okay to message people a quick thanks? Is it okay to include a link to my other sites or Patreon? I don't know what is and isn't considered inappropriate advertising or spam, I just want to create myself a small community to dote on <3

Thank you for having me here Literotica! I'm loving it already.

Christina Xx

I think it's up to you how you respond to your reader base, there is no protocol of "correct" behaviour. I'll occasionally acknowledge some comments, but am usually deafened by silence. But then I'm a male writer - you might get a different response.

Keep in mind some readers use Favourite as a book mark for the story, and will un fave you a day or two later after they've read it. I have several regular readers who do that with my stuff.

I suggest you put links to your other sites in your Sig block - that is a passive approach. If you send PMs with links in the body of the message and draw attention to the other places, that could be construed as spam.

Welcome to Lit, by the way.

You can include a link to your off-Lit sites in your sig, and in your user profile.

Those making public comments and feedback to your email address would probably appreciate an acknowledgement (unless you want to kick them somewhere painful!).

Favorites? As has been said above, people use the favorites function as a bookmark. I wouldn't acknowledge a favorite marking. Your response might cross with an unfavoriting. :rolleyes:

I try to follow my own advice but with my long list of stories I sometimes miss comments when they are made.

Hi! So i'm new to Literotica and have just gotten my first two works published (Yay!) and the response has been stunning.

Previous to posting on Literotica I uploaded my works onto Hentai Foundry and while I enjoyed the response and feedback I got there, the number of views my works got in the last three days has been dwarfed by the number of views my works have gotten on Literotica in just four hours! *Gasp!*

However, on Hentai foundry it's really easy to go to someones profile and drop them a courtesy comment thanking them for the favourites and the watches, as well as responding to any feedback, and i'm just trying to ascertain the sort of polite protocol on Literotica?

Is it okay for me to drop a contact to everyone who favourites my stories or follows me? I like the people the do enjoy or follow me to know just how much I really really appreciate it, it makes me fell warm and fuzzy.

So is it okay to message people a quick thanks? Is it okay to include a link to my other sites or Patreon? I don't know what is and isn't considered inappropriate advertising or spam, I just want to create myself a small community to dote on <3

Thank you for having me here Literotica! I'm loving it already.

Christina Xx
Welcome to LitE!

FYI - Author's Hangout would probably be a better place for this thread. This forum is if you want feedback on your story.

One thing about messaging people is that the default is that messaging is turned off, so a lot of the people you message won't ever receive it. I believe you don't get any warning that the person you messaged isn't set up to receive your message.

I've had good experiences with contacting people who have left comments. I hope you do, too.

Favorites? As has been said above, people use the favorites function as a bookmark. I wouldn't acknowledge a favorite marking. Your response might cross with an unfavoriting. :rolleyes:

I'm thinking it's more likely it will cause someone to be too embarrassed to unfavorite you.

I usually only respond to PMed or e-mailed feedback.

If you trued to send a thanks to everyone who faved you it would most likely fall upon deaf ears.

A lot of readers use toss away e-mail accounts to set up a handle at lit and never check that they received any messages.

Like others said direct feedback and PM's are always worth a thanks, but as for favs you can always do a blanket thank you in an author's note on a story "I want to thank everyone etc...

Good luck with your work here

Back