Hitachi Magic Wand

I was thinking of getting one for my girlfriend for valentines day but am worried it might replace me. She won't have sex often as it is. Thus that's why I am here.:mad:

Hitachi shouldn't replace you. I use mine everyday alone but nothing replaces the need for strong arms and a beating heart to make it that much better ;) Maybe the gift would make her wanna play more often if there isn't other factors going on in the relationship.

Hitachi shouldn't replace you. I use mine everyday alone but nothing replaces the need for strong arms and a beating heart to make it that much better ;) Maybe the gift would make her wanna play more often if there isn't other factors going on in the relationship.

Thanks, for the response Tabby!

By way of follow-up...

Thanks! I've seen those as well, but I'm sceptical about their effectiveness. My wife is quite petite but, even so, I'm worried that she would feel unsteady sitting on a foam cushion (even a high-density one). I'm also concerned that the angle and position of the Magic Wand head might be wrong for her (and unadjustable), and that the ventilation slits on the Magic Wand would be blocked when buried inside the cushion.

Instead, I'm considering utilising my DIY skills to construct something more substantial and versatile. My current thoughts are to build a strong wooden frame with foam cushioning outside and a series of anchor points inside to enable the Magic Wand to be firmly mounted in a variety of positions. The head would poke through the top but the body would still be in free space underneath to enable the ventilation slots to breathe and the speed adjustment control to be accessible. Another nice addition might be the option to mount a dildo at the right distance behind the head.

Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to go about this? To save time, I'm hoping to find a piece of self-assembly furniture that can be readily re-purposed for the job. I'll need to consider carefully the optimum dimensions for the frame to be both comfortable and stable.

Any other suggestions on "features"? ;)
I've found someone else who had the same concerns about the foam cushion for the Magic Wand, and who constructed a custom saddle instead (Google for "homemade hitachi saddle" as I'm unable to provide a link).

It's an impressive project (with photos)! I'm not sure that I'd want to make it out of sheet metal, though -- wouldn't it feel cold to sit on? I'd prefer to use wood. I love working with wood. :)

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
I was thinking of getting one for my girlfriend for valentines day but am worried it might replace me. She won't have sex often as it is. Thus that's why I am here.:mad:

No toy can replace a person, ever. Plus, even if she REALLY enjoys the hitachi, studies have shown that more masturbation/sexual activity actually increases our libidos. That means she may very well find that she wants more sex with you because of the hitachi. So, if she's attracted to you and your relationship is pretty good, you have absolutely nothing to worry about WRT a toy potentially replacing you.

It's a fantastic toy for singles and couples. You'd probably really enjoy using it as well! Shop for the lowest price on the kit with a genuine hitachi magic wand plus the 2 blue vinyl (curved/g-spot and straight) attachments, give/use it confidently, and enjoy!

Thanks

No toy can replace a person, ever. Plus, even if she REALLY enjoys the hitachi, studies have shown that more masturbation/sexual activity actually increases our libidos. That means she may very well find that she wants more sex with you because of the hitachi. So, if she's attracted to you and your relationship is pretty good, you have absolutely nothing to worry about WRT a toy potentially replacing you.

It's a fantastic toy for singles and couples. You'd probably really enjoy using it as well! Shop for the lowest price on the kit with a genuine hitachi magic wand plus the 2 blue vinyl (curved/g-spot and straight) attachments, give/use it confidently, and enjoy!

Thanks Erika, for the advise. I really appreciate it. Maybe it get her to open up more sexually. You can always hope.

Instead, I'm considering utilising my DIY skills to construct something more substantial and versatile. My current thoughts are to build a strong wooden frame with foam cushioning outside and a series of anchor points inside to enable the Magic Wand to be firmly mounted in a variety of positions. The head would poke through the top but the body would still be in free space underneath to enable the ventilation slots to breathe and the speed adjustment control to be accessible. Another nice addition might be the option to mount a dildo at the right distance behind the head.

..... To save time, I'm hoping to find a piece of self-assembly furniture that can be readily re-purposed for the job. I'll need to consider carefully the optimum dimensions for the frame to be both comfortable and stable.

Any other suggestions on "features"? ;)

DIY is great, kinky DIY is the best!

I think you should grasp the IKEA catalog for a start. Some IKEA-hacking would probably be a good starting point.

How about using a regular wooden chair, mounting the wand under the seat, letting it stick up beside the seat or through a hole?

A chair or a bench would add some good options for anchor points.
IKEA manuals.jpg

(Picture from http://bookkake.com/2009/11/05/bookkake-furniture/ )

Last edited:
I completely agree with this. My wife uses her Magic Wand (and other toys) in addition to wanting sex with me, and it does seem to increase her appetite. I don't feel at all threatened by sex toys -- indeed, I'm a strong advocate of using them to supplement and add spice to a relationship. There are some amazing things that toys can do which are physically impossible for me (and, I imagine, all other men) -- and that's great! On the other hand, my wife still wants me because there are plenty of other things that a human lover offers over any toy. :)

DIY is great, kinky DIY is the best!

I think you should grasp the IKEA catalog for a start. Some IKEA-hacking would probably be a good starting point.
Ha-ha! While you were typing that post, I was visiting Ikea. :D

Thanks for that website link. I wasn't previously aware of it! :)

How about using a regular wooden chair, mounting the wand under the seat, letting it stick up beside the seat or through a hole?

A chair or a bench would add some good options for anchor points.
I have a slightly different plan! I've bought a flat-pack to modify and some other DIY parts that I think I need for a first attempt. I hope to be able to post some photos in due course. :D

Heh... thanks! That looks like another amusing website! :D

My pleasure, glad you could use the links.

IKEA is a funny thing.

A lot of the stuff they sell is practical, reasonably priced and has lots of uses.
On the other hand, they suffer from a nauseating political correctness (while having most of the goods produced in the third world) and a compulsion to give furniture stupid names.

And it is just names, no humor or relation to the use of the object.
(Which makes IKEA-hacking a sacred duty!)

Bookake did just that, actually named the objects according to function.

....... it is not quite true after all: They sell a wooden toilet seat called "Öresund".
Öresund is the strait separating Denmark and Sweden.
We have fought so many wars there, now we can crap in it.
:D

I look forwards to the pictures.

I've thought about getting a mini, cordless but superpowerful clit vibe for a while. The only reason I'm not going with a hitachi is that I don't have to space for it. Does anyone have suggestions? I really do need something powerful to get my clit going.

I've thought about getting a mini, cordless but superpowerful clit vibe for a while. The only reason I'm not going with a hitachi is that I don't have to space for it. Does anyone have suggestions? I really do need something powerful to get my clit going.
I think it's inevitable that a mains-powered Magic Wand is always likely to beat smaller battery-powered alternatives in terms of raw power. Having said that, I gather that some compact vibrators are also able to pack quite a punch, given fresh high-power batteries or (for rechargeables) a full charge. At least one online supplier has an "extra powerful vibrators" category (Google it!) that includes a wide variety of options (shape, size, power source, price range etc.). Check out the reviews!

For what it's worth, my wife's experience is that raw power isn't the whole story; it's also important to have a design that suits one's own body (e.g. easy to hold, shaped to direct the power into the right places, able to deliver the right patterns of stimulation as well as speeds). My wife's favourite clitoral vibrator for general use is her Lelo Siri, which is certainly not as powerful as her Magic Wand, but is small, elegantly styled and hits the spot consistently for her.

Hope that helps! :)

Last edited:
I'm following up on my DIY efforts to create a Magic Wand seat. :)

My wife is quite petite but, even so, I'm worried that she would feel unsteady sitting on a foam cushion (even a high-density one). I'm also concerned that the angle and position of the Magic Wand head might be wrong for her (and unadjustable), and that the ventilation slits on the Magic Wand would be blocked when buried inside the cushion.

I've bought a flat-pack to modify and some other DIY parts that I think I need for a first attempt. I hope to be able to post some photos in due course. :D
I look forwards to the pictures.
Please see below... :D

Here is the stool that I modified to create a solid frame. It can still be used as a foot stool and so I'm intending to hide it in plain sight. ;)

attachment.php

Here is the mount that I made to hold the Magic Wand and attach it to the frame. The angle is variable by means of a pair of hinges.

attachment.php

Here is the full assembly, with the Wand in its vertical position. I intend to add a small cushion for extra comfort.

attachment.php

Here again is the full assembly, with the Wand re-deployed to an alternative diagonal position.

attachment.php

How does that look? I hope that it will be given a test-drive very soon. :D

Attachments

• stool-right-1.jpg
    stool-right-1.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 294
  • stool-mount.jpg
    stool-mount.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 295
  • stool-right-2.jpg
    stool-right-2.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 286
  • stool-right-3.jpg
    stool-right-3.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 421
you can wear jeans and that might dampen the sensation. Although to be honest, that doesn't always work.

I love the creativity of the stool but it made me LOL. Honestly, it looks like work. Laying on my bed is a lot easier than hovering over a foot stool. I adore mine and I have had it for years. I got it in college and has been going strong for more years than I care to admit.

I also agree that you shouldn't worry about it replacing you, MN. The more I masturbate, the more I NEED the real thing. Sex and masturbating are very different for girls, just like for guys. A morning rub down in the shower won't keep you from wanting a naked woman in your bed at night. Same with us. ;)

I'm following up on my DIY efforts........

How does that look? I hope that it will be given a test-drive very soon. :D

I think it looks good.

...... But true answers comes from experiments!

It will be interesting to see, whether the mount can take the strain.

Can you adjust the height of the head?

I love the creativity of the stool but it made me LOL. Honestly, it looks like work. Laying on my bed is a lot easier than hovering over a foot stool.
It shouldn't be necessary to hover! The stool is quite comfortable to straddle, and it's possible to adjust the position of the Wand in various ways to suit the user.

I think it looks good.

...... But true answers comes from experiments!
Thanks! :)

I'm looking forward to the experiments. :D

It will be interesting to see, whether the mount can take the strain.

Can you adjust the height of the head?
The mount isn't flimsy -- it's constructed with quality wood, hinges and screws, and secured with two M6 bolts -- so hopefully it should be able to cope with quite a bit of strain. Indeed, in the event of a lot of strain, I'd be worried about the Wand sooner than the mount.

It's possible to lower the height of the head by a couple of inches when the Wand is in the diagonal position. There's less opportunity in the vertical orientation as the length of the Wand itself is the limiting factor.

Mindfondler, you get five gold stars for effort!:D

IKEA...Swedish engineering meshed with a sex toy. Oh, simple allen key, what hath thou done?

The Wand doesn't take up that much space. It'd fit into a a larger shoe or boot box, even with attachments. :)

But if you've got your heart set on a smaller vibe, then look for something that's been reviewed by many as powerful, takes at least 2 AA batteries (or at least 3 for something like a Rabbit) and has a shape that will provide more focused stimulationi if you want it. I've found I can sacrifice a bit of power if the vibe has a "sharper"/more-clit-stim-focused shape; if the vibrations are too diffuse, I have no hope of getting off, no matter how powerful the vibe. The Hitachi head alone doesn't do anything but annoy me, whereas using an attachment or putting fingers between my clit and the head produces amazing orgasms. A vibe with a wider "head" like an egg/bullet or the Lelo vibes are frustrating, but the ears on a Rabbit-type vibe are perfect. Pocket rockets, lipstick and egg/bullet vibes are too diffuse AND underpowered for me, personally.

On the battery front, vibes with integrated rechargeable batteries are fine, but I prefer standard rechargeable batteries because I can have extras ready to go and am not forced to throw away the toy when an integrated battery loses its ability to charge.

attachment.php

Mindfondler, you get five gold stars for effort!:D
Thank you very much! :D

I can now report that my creation (as above) has been successfully test-driven! :)

The feedback from my wife (obtained in several ways!) was good. The mount was sturdy, comfortable, and retained the Magic Wand in the right position without any need for further adjustment. My wife's first attempt was positive enough that she wanted to try it again a couple more times soon afterwards. :D

The only drawback wasn't related to the stool, but rather is an intrinsic issue with the Magic Wand, as mentioned by SweetErika above. My wife would have liked to have a focal point on the head of the Wand that she could position precisely against herself to maximise the effects of its power. I'm therefore researching a suitable attachment.

Last edited:
Thanks for the report, great to hear that it worked!

Best regards to Mrs Fondler. A woman that is willing to test out gizmoes is great.

Thanks for the report, great to hear that it worked!

Best regards to Mrs Fondler. A woman that is willing to test out gizmoes is great.
Absolutely... my wife is a good sport! She was impressed with my handiwork and, despite her unfamiliarity with the concept, was happy to try it out immediately in front of me. Fortunately, that came with its own reward. :D

The Trollspö Pall *, available Summer 2014 at IKEA.

*some assembly required.
That's excellent! :D

Back