To Boldly Go (OOC)

Ya we could still fit a few more people into the rp. Did you have a position you were looking for?

Ya we could still fit a few more people into the rp. Did you have a position you were looking for?

I've got an idea for an engineering officer:). And for the record what are the ages of our dear cast? That is one thing I have noticed, that almost no one has a stated age.

We do need a chief engineer so your welcome to take that position. And I'm not sure why no one has said their ages. It looks like I might have just forgotten to ask for it.

We do need a chief engineer so your welcome to take that position. And I'm not sure why no one has said their ages. It looks like I might have just forgotten to ask for it.

My concept is sort of the older woman of the crew. The ship being her first as Chief engineer back when the ship was its youngest, or being torn away from her being decommissioned baby for this new "hussy".

Sort of the MILF of the crew as it were;). Not saying I'm trying to turn this into an SRP ya pervs!;)

I admit I was vague with my characters age ("late twenties") so lets go with...28.

Welcome to the threads, Wyldfire!

For a Vulcan, 60 something is a baby;). And twenty eight is about a good age for the rank;). I'm shooting for cougardom for my Engineer. A nod to the fusion of Scotty and the Southern born Mc Coy:D....

As a Changeling, age is a moot question for Aurn. He is, for all intents and purposes, non aging.

Translating his Changeling emotional maturity into Human terms can be partially successful.

Professionally, he is steady and reliable. whatever he learns, he learns well.

However, outside of the Great Link, intimacy at any level is something of a mystery to him; he 'gets it' to about the same level as a freshly pubescent teenager. Intellectually he is fully cognizant of the biology and psychology of intimate interaction, and it is not lost on him why females of various races might find it intriguing to contemplate a liaison with a being who can sprout as many protuberances of what ever size and shape might suit the moment. Some females have even asked if he could do a tentacled creature.

The problem is, though he does not agree wit the philosophy of the Founders, he was still raised with the prejudice against solids, and his experiences amongst them have not done a lot so far to dissuade him from that distrust. Even Warbro displayed that nascent hostility towards Changelings that always seems to be just waiting for a chance meeting.

But, he is here by his own choice, and he is trying to give solids a chance. Just don't expect to win his trust easily.

As a Changeling, age is a moot question for Aurn. He is, for all intents and purposes, non aging.

Translating his Changeling emotional maturity into Human terms can be partially successful.

Professionally, he is steady and reliable. whatever he learns, he learns well.

However, outside of the Great Link, intimacy at any level is something of a mystery to him; he 'gets it' to about the same level as a freshly pubescent teenager. Intellectually he is fully cognizant of the biology and psychology of intimate interaction, and it is not lost on him why females of various races might find it intriguing to contemplate a liaison with a being who can sprout as many protuberances of what ever size and shape might suit the moment. Some females have even asked if he could do a tentacled creature.

The problem is, though he does not agree wit the philosophy of the Founders, he was still raised with the prejudice against solids, and his experiences amongst them have not done a lot so far to dissuade him from that distrust. Even Warbro displayed that nascent hostility towards Changelings that always seems to be just waiting for a chance meeting.

But, he is here by his own choice, and he is trying to give solids a chance. Just don't expect to win his trust easily.

You were the one with a pass on age;). Shapeshifters get a pass on a whole world of "human" considerations. Not the least is gender.

Age? Hmmmm good question. I'd go with 30 for Warbro, young I know, but he did leave the Empire as a child :)

Oh and MILFs doesn't have to turn this into a SRP, they are fun ladies without the carnal element....OK forget I said anything. Wasn't me.

Age? Hmmmm good question. I'd go with 30 for Warbro, young I know, but he did leave the Empire as a child :)

Oh and MILFs doesn't have to turn this into a SRP, they are fun ladies without the carnal element....OK forget I said anything. Wasn't me.

Sure it was, but it also did catch my intent with the character. My intent with this character is the Mom you'd talk to. The "councillor type that the "guy" could talk to.

You were the one with a pass on age;). Shapeshifters get a pass on a whole world of "human" considerations. Not the least is gender.

Good point, though he does see himself as a "HE". He identifies with hetero male. (See how restrictive it is to have a human puppet master :D).

Hey, sorry for not posting lately.

PC crashed.

We are back working on all thrusters, now, though. Hopefully....

So I've been trying to decide where we are going for the rescue mission and I am stumped. I'm open to your suggestions.

Here is a tidy scenrio for your consideration.

For want of a better date, I am working with 2375, January 13, 1235 hours.

INCOMING TRANSMISSION - CAPTAIN ONLY
Stardate 52035.35
TO: Captain Kyle MacLeod, starship Trinity

Captain, we have an urgent rescue mission for you.

The Endeavor, a Nova class science vessel. Very recently commissioned, and fitted with ultra-modern technology, including bio-neural gel packs. Its present mission has it in orbit of Wolf 359, studying after-effects of the Borg battle and subsequent time travel. Secondary mission is to collect any debris they find for study; there is still much to learn about how Borg weapons affect our metals.

5 hours ago, Starfleet command received a transmission from the Endeavor advising that they had suffered a partial power failure due to an unknown problem with the bio-neural packs. Several systems had been affected, including warp and impulse drive. However, they said they had isolated the problem gel packs, and no further difficulties had arisen. Most importantly, they have life support and shields.

They have requested replacement bio-neural packs (which are in your cargo bay 1), and a medically-equipped ship to assist them to detect and contain any possible viral causes for the problem. Though capable of carrying up to 80 crew, the Endeavor is currently operating a skeleton crew of just 15, mostly science officers.

Captain MacLeod, you are hereby requested and required to proceed to Wolf 359 at emergency Warp 8 to rendezvous with the Endeavor within 3 days. Deliver the gel packs, and render any and all assistance necessary to assure the safety of the crew, and the repair of the Endeavor.

I leave it to you to inform your crew however you see fit, but Captain, something is not right about this. The Endeavor is practically new, less than a year out of Utopia Planitia with no problems so far. We really can't know what the Borg might have left behind out there, or who else might be sticking their noses in looking for salvage. I know it has been nearly 8 years since that battle, Captain, but don't take anything for granted. You are authorized to evacuate the Endeavor if you feel there is no other alternative, though I'd rather not scrap another starship out there.

Good luck, Captain.

Admiral Nikovitk sends.

Last edited:
Name: Kayla Soffen
2011-01-03_Lynda_Carter.jpg
Race: Human (Earthborn, Gatlinburg Tennessee.)
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 145 pounds
Eye color: Blue
Hair color: Black
Type of Officer: Engineering, Chief engineer.
Rank Lt. Cmdr.

Officer Experience: Kayla attended starfleet and very quickly became one of the brightest engineering cadets. She did however obtain several reprimands due to her habit of tinkering with engines. She has served on several ships through her long carreer, making rank on schedule. She was aboard the U.S.S. Reliant during the battle of Wolf 359, and was the last to get off the ship alive triggering the ship's self destruct code as she went. Since then she has become a bit jaded. She has just recently come off a leave of absence to become the Cheng of the U.S.S. Trinity.

Background: Kayla Soffen was born in Gatlinburg Tennessee. Her mother was the director at the Appalachia Nature preserve and her father was what would be charitablly called a mechanic. Or a throw back to earlier times. Or what those that could still trace their lineage back to the twentieth would call a hillbilly. Kayla was her father's girl through and through. She learned from him the great art of "Bubble gum repair" as well as the fine art of moonshining. She is the only daughter of five children and the oldest to join Starfleet. Her baby brother followed her into the fleet.

She lost her father when she was seventeen to an accident with his much beloved "car". The engine was modified (seeing as internal combustion engines had been outlawed how long ago?) and the power cell exploded. Her mother did not grieve his loss and it drove Kayla into Starfleet.

Additional Notes: Her younger brother Caleb was reported lost or dead in the battle of Wolf 359. It is unknown wheteher he was assimilated or not.

Last edited:
Hey Wyldfire,

What is your rank? As chief engineer, you'll likely be a full Lieutenant, but that is not always the case.

Geordi LaForge became a full Lt when he became C.E.
Montgomery Scott was a Lieutenant commander.
B'Elanna Torres was made full Lieutenant when Janeway assigned her as C.E.
Michael Argyle was a Lt Commander.

Well, you get the idea.

BTW, if everyone is happy with the stardate I picked, then it would now be about 4 years since the disappearance of the Voyager

FYI, in 2375, TNG was finished (Worf was on DS9 at that time), DS9 was in season 7, and Voyager was in season 5.

Hey Wyldfire,

What is your rank? As chief engineer, you'll likely be a full Lieutenant, but that is not always the case.

Geordi LaForge became a full Lt when he became C.E.
Montgomery Scott was a Lieutenant commander.
B'Elanna Torres was made full Lieutenant when Janeway assigned her as C.E.
Michael Argyle was a Lt Commander.

Well, you get the idea.

BTW, if everyone is happy with the stardate I picked, then it would now be about 4 years since the disappearance of the Voyager

FYI, in 2375, TNG was finished (Worf was on DS9 at that time), DS9 was in season 7, and Voyager was in season 5.

I figure at her age and the amount of time in service she'd probably be a Lieutenant commander.

Welcome aboard Command Soffen. Glad to have you with us.

And I like LordMhoram's mission idea so we will go with that. And the stardate you chose is around what I was thinking too.

Is Trinity a new commission or is it just receiving a new command staff? Too lazy at the moment to look about for myself for the answer;).

Is Trinity a new commission or is it just receiving a new command staff? Too lazy at the moment to look about for myself for the answer;).

According to the web site the Captain (I think it was?) provided (here), production of the current models of Norway class ships resumed in 2368 which is 7 years ago. This class is designed for extended duration missions, so it is feasible that the Trinity has just returned from her first.

However, it would be extraordinary for the entire bridge crew to be replaced at this point, so I think it makes more sense that she has just been commissioned - not yet taken her first shake-down cruise, which is what we were all expecting...

...Except for the Captain who received that transmission from Starfleet the instant he took command of Trinity

What do you think Captain?

Oh, in case anyone is wondering, no, we don't have bio-neural gel packs on the Norway class starships. (appendix D of the aforementioned online document)

The Norway class is not new but Trinity is. She is newly commissioned and we are its first crew.

Back