What are the smuttiest, most erotic non-"romance" books you've read?

"Wifey" by Judy Blume. I used to masturbate to it when I was about 12 until my mom found out and hid it.
 
"Wifey" by Judy Blume. I used to masturbate to it when I was about 12 until my mom found out and hid it.

Same thing happened to me...lousy suggestive cover...I was grounded for a week.


Found "Firefly," by Piers Anthony at a local Goodwill last week...says 'erotic horror' on the paperback cover, so it's not terribly stealth. Monster secretes pheromones, people die of arousal whilst being eaten. It's an easy read, but not a book you'll remember. Which makes me wonder why i'm recommending it...guess it fits the topic. It also has a 4ish page disclaimer written by the author...

Keep up the thread!

...i
 
Well I just finished reading Philip Jose Farmer's Image of the Beast. It covers just about every sexual fetish imaginable, and it is also not discreet at all thanks to the nude statue of a beast-woman on the cover. :(

From my understanding (and not knowing if it's been mentioned already) his Riverworld series of books are supposedly pretty saucy though I can't confirm yet.

"The Fermata" just arrived in the mail so I'll be reading that next.

Thanks for all the suggestions; I'm going to be busy for a while ;)
 
Well I just finished reading Philip Jose Farmer's Image of the Beast. It covers just about every sexual fetish imaginable, and it is also not discreet at all thanks to the nude statue of a beast-woman on the cover. :(

book covers... i tell folks i use them to keep library books from getting all battered and dog-eared in my work bag (which they do) but... :devil:
 
Last edited:
The Sleeping Beauty series (3 volumns) by A.N. Roquelaure (aka: Anne Rice). Kinky as it gets and Anne Rice rocks anyway.
Those stories were hot, as was "Ramses The Damned aka The Mummy"... The Mummy actually had a pretty hot necro scene in it, where this guy jumps Cleopatra's bones after she had been reanimated.

The Mayfair trilogy wasn't quite as smutty but still had some hot scenes. The Witching Hour setup this huge woven web of incest that is kinda hard to track (if your reading it pay attention to who is called uncle and who is called oncle).

The book Exit to Eden, wasn't a great work as it created an unreal social cast based on the rich indulgencing in S&M. The sex was hot, and I believe this was the first time I had ever heard of a man being Pegged by a woman.

I never finished the book Belinda...
 
One time I "read" this book, it was about a theater actress who moved
from Ireland to New York city and fell into a life of prostitution and
debauchery. It was a real good "read".
I'm sure it was called "Twenty-one", but I can't find any trace of
it anywhere.
 
I am reading Kushiel's Dart right now. What did you think of it, GoodLilBabyDoll?

I missed the first post about Kushiel as I was going through the lislt.

The first 3 books in the series are heavy on D/s themed erotica scenes. Not always sex. The second trilogy in the series has some sex, but not as much and not as D/s themed.

Overall though, one of the series I love to reread from time to time just to help prime Me for a day or evening.


oh, and there's definitely some Koontz books out there with good sex. Night Chills comes to mind....and I don't know for sure, but the other one I'm thinking of might have been Dark Rivers of the Heart.
 
Last edited:
Keep this thread going,,,,

just finished the Fermata and I'm know reading the Poison Tree by Tony Strong. Have the book Vox reserved at my local library also written by N. Baker. Should be interesting,,,
Keep this thread going,, look to share titles with other like minded readers,,, after all we are here for erotic literature........
 
Fanny Hill or Memoirs of a Woman of Pleasure by John Cleland.
The Lover by Marguerite Duras.
Anything by Henry Miller, Anaïs Nin or Erica Jong.
 
IrisAthea
I have not read any of the Henry Miller, Anaïs Nin titlesl but I may. Did see the moview Hnery and June, very hot and well done. As for Erica Jong what titles did you find to be the best,,,,
 
I don't know about anyone else but I totally got hot reading the Sookie Stackhouse novels by Charlaine Harris...something about hot vampires

:kiss:
 
Jean Aeul's books, the "Children of Earth" series (beginning with Clan of the Cave Bear). Shitload of sex in those, use to masturbate to them when I was younger (which, for some reason, was too awkward once I'd actually read the books)...
 
I have to agree The Mummy/Ramses The Damned by Anne Rice had some pretty erotic scenes in it, but I thought that was carry over from her erotica writing. I thought the book itself was awful though, and I can't recommend someone read it just for the erotic scenes.

I don't seem to come across that many books with erotic scenes. I've been reading the wrong books or I need to read more.
 
Their Eyes Were Watching God

my 11th grade Honors English teacher pointed out, explicitly, how sexual that book is....I still shudder at the thought of his explanations about the tree :eek:
 
Once by James Herbert, there's plently of dog eared pages in my copy :)
And Quiver by Tobsha Learner, it's a collection of short stories.
 
A long time ago, I was about 14, and bought Valley of The Dolls, as it was a thick book anseemed good value. I ended up masturbating every night for a month...
 
Prodigal Summer by barbara kingsolver is one of the sexiest books you'll ever read and it hardly has a sex scene in it. The book smolders.
MWB
 
Keep the thread going,,, good job all follow readers,,, right now I up to my ears in James Patterson Alex Cross series,,,, can not stop reading this series,, not erotic but spellbinding. Will need some well written erotic book when I'm done with this series,,, keep throwing out the suggestions,,,
 
Back
Top