The Tenant and the Tease

tigerlilyxx

Innocent Devil
Joined
Jan 25, 2013
Posts
1,757
Kaylee sighed as she pulled up to the house. Fifth from either end, the house she’d grown up in was smack dab in the middle of the block. It had been a while since she’d been back. The twenty one year old had spent most of her college breaks this year with her boyfriend, so it had been almost a year since she’d stepped foot in her hometown. It had been a four hour drive home and she was restless. She popped the trunk and got out of the car. She noticed a she didn’t recognize parked in her driveway. Did her mom have a guest?

She grabbed her large duffle and closed the trunk. She’d get the rest later. She didn’t feel like unloading yet. She walked up to her door and turned the knob, opening it with her hip, most of which was visible due to her low rise jeans. Her orange tank top showed off her body nicely, but not too scantily. She had the body of an athlete, having been one all her life, and she enjoyed showing it off. Hell, she’d worked hard for it, she deserved a little ogling.

“Home!” she called out to her mother. Something felt off, but she couldn’t put her finger on what. It had been a year since she’d been home, maybe she just had to readjust.

“Oh, sweetie!” her mother responded, coming out of the kitchen to greet her. “I have something I meant to tell you. Somehow it just slipped my mind. Here, come, there’s fresh made pie waiting for you.” She grabbed her arm and pulled her into the kitchen.

“Why do you sound like a housewife all of a sudden?” Kaylee asked, an eyebrow perked as she sat at the table.

“You’ve been away for a while, Kaylee. Things change,” her mom responded as she put a piece of pie in front of Kaylee. Kaylee started into it hungrily. “Speaking of, we have a tenant now.” Kaylee almost choked. She grabbed the glass of milk her mother had put down and tried to clear her throat.

“We have a what now?” she asked incredulously.

“A tenant. This nice young man. I got sick of being in this house all alone all the time and I figured why not rent out a room. Extra money doesn’t hurt. He pretty much keeps to himself, but all of the conversations I’ve had with him have been lovely.”

“Why didn’t you tell me earlier?”

“It slipped my mind. I told you that! Besides, you didn’t really need to know before, did you? It didn’t affect you until now. But he’s here now, I think.” And then her mom called for him. And Kaylee just had to wait to see who she’d now be forced to live with.

She shifted in her seat, pushing her brown hair behind her ear with one hand while the other came up to rest on her collar bone. Her thumb rubbed along it, a nervous habit she had no idea where she'd picked up. Her eyes stayed locked on the stairs at the end of the kitchen.
 
It wasn't that Jordan Andrews didn't hear Terri Sands, the de factor 'land lady'at first. The smell wafting up from the kitchen was enough incentive for him to all but bolt straight to the source of it, and the sound of an unfamiliar female voice and some conversation was more then enough for him to be curious. Which meant that, under normal circumstances, his introduction to Kaylee would've happened right when she sat down to eat her pie.

But his job waited for nobody, and he was nodding through the call, as if his boss would end it quicker if he did. "Yeah, yeah, I get it. Eight o'clock for the strike. Not nine. I'll stop at the shop and get a van, too." A 'strike' was lingo for taking down equipment, and Jordan's nodding became more and more frenetic. "Uh-huh. Gotcha. Tell Mark I'll see him then." He at least had the good sense to wait until he saw the 'call ended' message on his screen to mutter out what he'd been thinking the whole call.

"Asshole."

The job was a compromise of sorts; while they ended up hiring almost anybody (a trait that served Jordan well when he was looking for work, but not as much now that he'd worked with several of his coworkers) and it paid reasonably well, but the hours were erratic and he was on call a lot. It didn't leave much time for a social life, but for Jordan, it suited him just fine for the moment. Being here, living her with Terri was an escape for him. From mistakes he'd made, from choices he was now living with the consequences of, ones he'd decided to wipe clean to make a fresh start out here. Words and phrases you didn't often hear from someone who was just twenty four years old, but when you dropped out of college and had your girlfriend break up with you - and by doing so, burning away much of your social circle - well, they fit.

Terri had been nothing but accommodating since he'd taken her up on her offer to rent out a room, and someone who'd been a stranger had quick become almost a motherly figure, doting on him as if he were her son despite his odd hours and his attempts not to be too much of a bother to her.

But now, with his call done, and having heard Terri call for him a couple of minutes ago, he calmly walked down the stairs, dressed in a black t-shirt and exercise shorts. He'd been about to go out for a run when he'd gotten the call, and while he still intended to, knowing he'd be doing some heavy lifting later in the night meant he'd take it easier then he'd intended to. Soon enough, his foosteps brought him into the kitchen, the smell of the pie soon much more...genuine...then it had been in his room upstairs.

"Smells good, Terri." He smiled kindly, even as he found his eyes immediately drawn to the younger woman sitting at the table. "...and you must be...Kaylee, right?" He frowned in concentration, and seeing no signs that he'd mad a faux pax, his easy smile returned. "Welcome home."

He couldn't help but let his gaze linger a bit on Kaylee's female form. She did more then take after her mother, Jordan decided, as her outfit seemed to mold to her athletic body, and he turned to Terri afterwards. "So, is that pie all for her?" He asked easily, prepared to leave if mother and daughter wanted a moment alone. Even if he lived here, he knew who's house this was.
 
When Jordan came into view, it took all Kaylee had not to open her mouth and gawk. Jordan was not at all what she’d expected her mother to have taken in. She wondered if her mother even noticed how attractive he was. Probably not. But Kaylee did, and her heart skipped a beat. She composed herself though, and nodded when he’d asked her name. She even got a smile on her face. And that smile broadened when she saw his eyes taking her in. She drew her hand down from where it was resting on her collar bone and traced lazy circles into the skin on her chest, looking at her mother as she did so, as if it were completely absent mindedly.

‘You have a boyfriend,’ she reminded herself. Not that she had the best relationship. Kaylee had made the classic college mistake and had started dating Trevor only a month into her freshman year. They’d been together since, and going into their senior year, not much had changed. Except she’d begun to get bored in bed. He never looked at her the way he had before they started dating, as if he wanted to ravish her on the spot. And his disinterest showed in the bedroom. The passion they’d once had had vanished.

Kaylee tended to be protective of her food. She’d grown up with three older brothers and in a house like that, you had to be protective or you’d lose it. So when Jordan asked her mother about the pie, her reflex was to hog it all. But she knew that “no, you can’t have it” wasn’t an appropriate answer. So she bit her tongue.

“No, go right ahead,” Terri said, smiling and motioning for him to sit down. She cut another piece and put it on the table.

Kaylee smiled at him. “From my mom’s rather loud beckon, I take it your name is Jordan?” She glanced at her mom and then back at the attractive man next to her. “You single, Jordan?”

She couldn’t help herself. She knew she had to behave to a degree, but there was no harm in flirting, was there? Her fingers were still toying with her skin, and she found herself licking her lip when she looked at him.
 
"Sweet." Jordan took the offered seat, settling in to it comfortably as he did not hide the look of appreciation he gave the pie as Terri cut it for him. As much as he wanted to stay out of her way, he kind of was enjoying being doted on while living here. Terri had commented about missing her daughter, and while Jordan was definitely no replacement for her, he did know he received at least a small portion of the courtesy and affection that was probably meant for Kaylee. It probably wouldn't change a lot now that she was here.

“From my mom’s rather loud beckon, I take it your name is Jordan?”

Jordan took time from looking at the pie on his plate to stare back at Kaylee, the smile she was giving him filling him with warmth. She was pretty cute, he had to admit, and the grin he gave her back was a little goofy. "Yeah." Get a hold of yourself, he quickly reprimanded, and he looked eagerly at the pie now on a plate in front of him.

“You single, Jordan?” He looked at her question, seeing her lick her lips, and thinking it was probably for the pie as he answered.

"Yeah." He nodded. "Doing the work I do doesn't leave a lot of time for dating." It was what he told everyone, and it was an easy enough story to perpetuate. You couldn't really commit to someone else if you had no idea when you were working from day to day, which was often the case with him. His boss had warned him that planning a social life around this job was hard, but that suited him just fine. He didn't really want a social life after what had happened to him with his girlfriend; he wanted some time to 'find himself'. Or at least what's what he kept saying.

"So, you coming home to work, or are you gonna take it easy all summer?" Jordan asked the question and then put a piece of pie in his mouth, having to pull his eyes away from Kaylee's fingers making patterns on her soft skin, his mind imagining his own there instead. He figured it was a better question then 'what's your major', as he was thinking of this like more of a brother/sister relationship rather then having an attractive roommate, which was probably safer considering who the 'landlady' was. He couldn't have the hots for Kaylee while Terri was around.

And, as he said, his job kept him from having a steady relationship anyways, right?
 
She watched his reactions and almost pouted. She stopped herself just in time, though. He wasn't reacting quite the way she'd hoped he would. And that urge to get his attention was growing.

"I don't know yet. I'm thinking I'll just lounge around the house most of the time," she told him. Her answer was partially true. She had enough money saved up that she wouldn't need to start work for a while, but she knew she'd have to at some point. "Which means we'll be seeing a lot of each other." She had to stop herself from winking at him. Not while her mother was in the room. Terri was busying herself tidying up around the kitchen, but she always seemed to catch Kaylee when she misbehaved.

Instead, she repositioned herself. She brought her knees up under her and leaned over, resting her chin on her hand while she talked to him. She knew he had a great view down her shirt. The question was how long he'd stare.

"I might end up life guarding," she told him. "But I hate how much skin the swimsuits cover." She could feel her mother's eyes on her, but she ignored them and eventually Terri went back to what she was doing. Kaylee really couldn't help herself. Her eyes looked over him hungrily, lingering on his eyes before moving downwards. She knew she wasn't being subtle. And she didn't care.

For a moment, her mind flashed to Trevor and his beautiful smile. She wondered if he'd even care if she flirted with Jordan. Or if he'd even notice. Apparently, that's where her mother's thought went too.

"So how's Trevor?" She asked, obviously trying to both remind Kaylee of her relationship and point out the fact that she wasn't single to Jason. "You lovebirds still going strong?"

Kaylee's jaw tightened. 'Damnit Mom.' She turned to look at her mother. "We're fine, Mom. Trevor's working at his dad's company this summer. Doing some extremely boring stuff and barely getting paid for it. His dad thinks he needs to learn the ropes before he can get money. As if he actually needs to get paid. It's not like his dad has ever been stingy with his money when his eldest son and "heir" came asking."

It bothered her to talk so much about Trevor in front of Jordan, but she knew her mom wouldn't be satisfied until she did. It didn't matter though, right? Flirting is allowed in relationships. It wasn't like Trevor ever held back when he saw a hot girl. It was her turn to have fun.

She turned back to Jordan. "So what is it you do that keeps you away from wanting women?"
 
Whether she was hesitating to answer him, or just waiting for him to finish chewing a bite of the pie, the answer she gave Jordan was far too telling. "I don't know yet. I'm thinking I'll just lounge around the house most of the time. Which means we'll be seeing a lot of each other."

Not an entirely unwelcome prospect, he had to admit. While Jordan was trying to avoid being social, it didn't have to mean isolating himself entirely, and perhaps interacting with her would help stave off that loneliness. It was a nice, wholesome thought. "Sounds about right. My work takes me out at all hours of the day, but if you're home a lot, I'm sure we will." He wanted to say more, but it seemed that Kaylee - or at the very least, his mind - had other ideas. She shifted on her seat, a movement that caught his attention simply because she was moving. The fact he was drawn to her so closely didn't register, but as the way she was now sitting taller and leaning forward certainly did. Especially because he could see down her shirt now, and the gulp that accompanied her sudden movement was not simply because of the pie he'd just swallowed.

Tank tops were fucking sexy to begin with on athletic girls; showing off their bare arms and showing off a lot of cleavage. It looked especially good on Kaylee, and something in her body language told him (or maybe he just wanted to believe it) that she knew damn well that he could easily look down between her tits.

"I might end up life guarding. But I hate how much skin the swimsuits cover." He heard her voice, but it took a moment for the words to register, and he looked back up at her with something between guilt and curiosity. From her expression, it seemed like she knew exactly where he'd been looking. And he wasn't entirely blind to the fact that she was checking him out as well.

It was an extremely flattering thought. A dangerous one, too...

"So how's Trevor?"

It was Terri's voice. The mother. The one who probably wouldn't like it if her tenant was making googly eyes over her daughter. "You lovebirds still going strong?"

Jordan took advantage of the break to sneak another piece of pie in his mouth, still something between unsettled and suddenly...curious at Kaylee's flirty behavior.
"We're fine, Mom. Trevor's working at his dad's company this summer. Doing some extremely boring stuff and barely getting paid for it. His dad thinks he needs to learn the ropes before he can get money. As if he actually needs to get paid. It's not like his dad has ever been stingy with his money when his eldest son and "heir" came asking."

A frown came and went across Jordan's face as he watched Kaylee's response. He knew the feeling, in a way. Trevor seemed like a burden to her, and he was interested in knowing more, as he was all too familiar with a relationship losing its luster after a while. But the frown passed, and he took in her next question to him.

"So what is it you do that keeps you away from wanting women?"

With a quick glance at Terri (who seemed occupied for the moment), Jordan sighed. "It's not...not wanting, exactly." His voice went softer, although not lacking conviction as he continued. "When the time is right, I'll go after and find someone to date and all that. But right now, my job keeps me out at random times. I can't exactly plan a life around it." He looked at Kaylee with an expression that seemed to be seeking sympathy as he continued.

"More then once, I've had dates interrupted because I got called in to work. People being sick for a teardown, or needing a fillin during a show, and all that. A lot of the people that do this job aren't that reliable." Jordan was, which was why he was among the highest paid technicians in the company. "But it's not like many people are willing to sit around and wait for you to be available."

He took another bite of the pie, his plate almost finished as it suddenly occurred to him that he could be referring to Kaylee sitting around. That, and his thoughts started to turn to the real reason he didn't want a relationship right now...and how his last one ended.

Still, he couldn't resist one little jib at her, and he lowered his voice to make sure Terri couldn't hear him as he gave Kaylee a conspiratorial grin. "Hell, for what it's worth, I'd let you lifeguard in anything you wanted."
 
Last edited:
She took pleasure in watching his eyes slip down her body and linger on her chest, and her face showed it. She almost asked him if he liked what he saw, but she stopped herself. It wasn't like she needed an answer, anyway. She heard her mother finally leave the kitchen. She popped her head back in, almost as an afterthought. “You two get acquainted. Don’t need the old woman hanging around.” And then she left, heading up the stairs to her bedroom.

Kaylee smiled at him when she realized her question had been misinterpreted. "I was more suggesting the women were wanting," she told him, biting her lip as she finished the sentence. The pink skin turned white under her teeth, and the white followed as her tooth slowly dragged off her lip, restoring the skin to its natural color. “But I’m sure you’re wrong. I can’t imagine a girl passing up that opportunity, if she were single.”

She wished she were single so badly in that moment. But if she stayed with Trevor, she’d be set for the rest of her life. They’d already talked about marriage and even though she’d never actually agreed to anything, he seemed to have decided that one day she would be his bride. “Besides,” she flashed him her most mischievous smile, “some girls want nothing more than a nice hard fuck.” She drew out the last three words, making sure they lingered on her lips for more emphasis. And man, could she have used one. She was finding it harder and harder to behave as her mind went places it shouldn’t have. She began wondering about the body he had hidden under his clothes.

And when he told her he’d let her lifeguard in anything she wanted, many thoughts raced through her head. Her eyes looked him over again, a fire behind them. “Think you’d be able to concentrate while you swam if it was just me in a skimpy little bikini? Or better yet, nothing? It’s so much easier to get a nice tan without the strings in the way.” She almost added ‘I could show you’ to the end of the sentence, but again she held back. She'd just have to live with making him want her, even if nothing could come of it.

She stood up as a deliciously evil thought came to mind. "It's been a long drive. I really should take a shower. It was very nice to meet you." And as she walked away, she pulled her shirt off over her head. And then unhooked her bra and let it fall. She knew he could only see her back, but it was enough. She turned and headed up the stairs to the bathroom.
 
At the first sight of Kaylee, all Jordan wanted to do was to get to know her, for Terri to leave the pie and the room so he could talk to someone near his age. He hadn't realized how lonely he was, and now long it had been since he'd really talked with someone other then Terri or a coworker. Sure, he chatted with friends online, but that wasn't like seeing someone face to face. And the thought of someone who might share his interests...or at least understand them...was incredibly appealing.

And while the conversation with her was getting more intense, and more personal, Jordan couldn't help but feel a little unsettled along with the excitement as he felt Kaylee's gaze on him in more ways then one.

"I was more suggesting the women were wanting, But I’m sure you’re wrong. I can’t imagine a girl passing up that opportunity, if she were single.”

Everything about her body language, the way she moved as she responded to him...her biting her lip, looking at him...fuck. That look had never failed to turn him on, especially coming from someone as attractive as her.

“Besides, some girls want nothing more than a nice...hard...fuck.”

Those were the words he'd remember. It wasn't as if he hadn't said anything, or done anything, but Kaylee clearly had an agenda. And a thrill and dread shot up his spine as he realized that it was him she wanted.

“Think you’d be able to concentrate while you swam if it was just me in a skimpy little bikini? Or better yet, nothing? It’s so much easier to get a nice tan without the strings in the way.”

Fuck no, he thought to himself. Trying to match her daring hadn't worked, and Jordan, as much as he thought of himself a ladies' man, shifted in his seat. He knew she'd know why. "Not sure you could call yourself a lifeguard then..." The smile was there, but there was some hesitance to it, as if he wasn't sure what to say, or how to continue. It wasn't that he was lacking for what, exactly...but the thoughts running through his mind weren't exactly appropriate with Terri in the house.

And they never would be, which was a problem.

"It's been a long drive. I really should take a shower. It was very nice to meet you."

"Same here." He responded. "I look forward to seeing more of you."

Kaylee seemed to take the statement literally as she walked towards the stairwell, casting her tank top aside. And Jordan couldn't tear his eyes away at the sight of her bra, her athletic, toned back, the line running down the middle of it...and then she popped that off, too. Leaving her topless as she walked up the stairs.

Clenching his fists, Jordan fought the urge to follow her up the stairs. Her mom was home. And he couldn't let her...win, exactly. This was a battle of wills, whether she knew it or not, and the sight of her naked from the waist up - albeit from the rear - had stoked his flame. He had been planning to go for a run, but the piece of pie had changed that.

At least temporarily. Jordan would start out with a walk, hoping to digest enough to run a bit later, as he couldn't stay here. He needed to clear his head, try to get her out of his mind, and reassert how he was going to win the battle of wills. She'd known him five minutes and was already in his head. How the hell was he going to last her being home for the entire summer? Or longer?

What she didn't know was that the battle of wills was not her against him. It was Jordan against himself.
 
All of Jordan’s responses gave Kaylee pleasure. The hesitant way he responded, as if he didn’t know what to do with himself… the shifting in his seat, which she could only assume was due to a redirect of blood flow… the way his eyes lingered on her lip as she bit it… She’d missed having that effect on someone. It had been a long time, and she smiled as she stepped into the shower, thinking about what had just transpired.

Part of her wondered what was stopping him from playing the game with her. He obviously knew how to flirt and there was no way someone that looked like that didn’t know exactly how to get a woman going. So why did he hesitate so much? She assumed it was because of Trevor.

Trevor. Fuck. Right. She said his name over and over in her head, trying to redirect her thoughts to the boyfriend she loved. Did she, though? She genuinely believed she’d fallen in love with him and the carefree way he lived his life. But she felt like she’d fallen out of love. Or maybe it was just Jordan’s presence that was giving her doubts. The passion in their relationship had died. That need to push him up against a wall and get on her knees was something she hadn’t felt in over a year. But she felt something when she saw Jordan. She shook her head. She loved Trevor. And one day, she’d marry him.

She went to grab a towel as she got out of the shower and stopped as she caught a glimpse of herself in the mirror; it was a muddled glimpse, the steam having fogged up the glass, but a glimpse nonetheless. She wiped away the condensation and stared. Why didn’t Trevor still get fired up when he saw her like that… She sighed, grabbed the towel, and wrapped it around her. If Trevor didn’t, she’d just have to get the attention elsewhere.

She went to her room and dropped the towel, thinking carefully about what she wanted to wear. She decided against a bra and opted instead for an open backed halter top. She grabbed a black skirt and pulled it on, contemplating her underwear choice. She grabbed lacey blue ones and slid them on. She turned to look at herself in the mirror, making sure that when she bent over in her skirt, there was a view for anyone behind her. “That’ll do,” she said to herself before turning and walking out, wondering what she’d do to pass the time until he got back. She went back to the kitchen and rummaged around for real food. The pie had been good, but she hadn’t eaten since that morning, and her stomach was beginning to rumble.
 
It wasn't about Trevor, although it wasn't like either one of them had a line to the thoughts of the other right now. It was warm enough outside that Jordan was working up a sweat, which made him frown - he was hoping not to shower before work, since he would just get dirty again, but neither did he want to smell like a pig for his few hours at home. Especially with the prospect of having Kaylee around, wanting to impress her, make sure she thought he was..

Oh, hell with it. She knew he was hot. And that he knew that she knew it. But as Jordan ran, the music of his ipod did not quiet his thoughts in his mind. Although it was clear she was having some fun by flirting with him, he knew it wasn't her he was trying to beat down.

It was himself. And the last time he'd been a little...uncontrolled...during passionate moments. He took a deep breath, stopping at an intersection as he let a car go by, jogging through it. Deep breaths, more heaving, as he thought about how exactly he was going to keep control with a tease living with him in the one place he'd considered a sanctuary from his last life.

Maybe she'd be less obvious about it when he got back.

*************

With sweat dripping off of his brow and his arms, and still a little winded - he'd been out longer then he'd planned on, a shower all but certain - his thoughts about her not being as flirtatious dissipated the moment he walked in the door. She was wearing a short skirt, showing off her athletic legs, and once again her bare back was visible to him, and he was grateful for the loose shorts giving him some...freedom...in certain areas.

"So'd you get that shower you needed?" He teased, heading straight for the sink to grab a glass of water.
 
Kaylee smiled when Jordan walked in. Time to play. She nodded.

"Yeh," she said. "Although I wish I'd waited. We could have showered together," she thought. Instead , she said, "Why? Hoping I hadn't so you could join me and conserve water? Looks like you need one pretty badly yourself. You were out for quite a while. I like a man with stamina." She winked at him and stood, grabbing her empty plate as she did. She walked over go the dishwasher and opened it before bending over to put the plate in the back. She knew he could see her ass and she smiled again.

She lingered there for a moment, making sure he got a nice long look, before she stood up and went to sit back down, sipping on her glass of orange juice as she did. Her eyes lingered on his torso, once again wondering what his body looked like under his shirt.

Why couldn't he be one of those guys that ran shirtless? There was something about a shirtless man who'd just worked out, sweat glistening on his abs, that always got to Kaylee. Maybe it was because after years of soccer, sweat didn't bother her much. But it always meant someone had worked hard, and she loved that.

When she realized she was staring far longer than she meant to, she averted her eyes, and a slight blush came to her face. Shit.
 
As much as he tried, there was a slight hitch to Jordan's movements as he went for the cupboard - first when he grabbed the glass, then again when he turned the tap to fill his glass with water. There was subtle, there was forward, and then there was whatever Kaylee had decided on as appropriate banter. It wasn't exactly something that Terri would've liked to hear her say.

"Why? Hoping I hadn't so you could join me and conserve water? Looks like you need one pretty badly yourself. You were out for quite a while. I like a man with stamina."

Damned if it didn't make him walk a little awkwardly. Then, she winked at him, bending over and letting her skirt ride up so he could see her tight ass. It was fairly obvious to Jordan that she was doing it deliberately; something about how the skirt rode up that told him it wasn't accidental. She knew damn well what she was doing to him.

Still, Jordan took a quick sip of his water, his motion matching hers as he saw her eyes on him. He looked away for a moment, the flattery in her statement and her eyes a little too much for him to respond to with casual banter. "Well. Not exactly what I had in mind...." he started, putting the glass down on the table to wipe his face with his shirt, exposing his fit stomach and the bottom of his pecs as he did.

"...but I have to admit I wouldn't mind one bit." He let his shirt flop back down, her view spoiled for the moment as he took his time.

This was dangerous, for him and for her, although Kaylee wouldn't really know how much. But Jordan found their 'harmless' flirting intoxicating, and he had to admit he wouldn't mind getting the upper hand for a bit as he took in her blush, which colored her cheeks wonderfully. He tilted his head at the sight of her embarassment, his voice taking on something of a mocking, daring tone as he continued.

"C'mon, Kaylee. You've got nothing to be embarrassed about, I'm sure." He stepped forward, letting his eyes run up and down her body, focusing on her legs, which he hadn't seen much of earlier under her jeans. She was fit, and he liked girls who were in shape.

Especially ones that showed off...
 
She loved watching her effect on him. The change in his walk. The hesitation in his movements. The knowledge that she'd once again cause his blood to flow downward. And for a moment, alright, maybe a little more than a moment, she wondered just how big he was.

Fuck. Her mouth almost dropped open when he lifted his shirt. But she caught herself just in time. Instead, her mouth just twitched slightly, her eyes slightly wider than they'd been previously. And then he dropped it, and she almost whimpered.

"Well. Not exactly what I had in mind.. ...but I have to admit I wouldn't mind one bit."

Oh. He was finally playing the game. She knew he knew how. So he'd shown her his stomach intentionally. He played it well. She felt her heart skip a beat as he spoke, his tone so different from the uncomfortable, somewhat shy way he'd spoken to her before. She couldn't figure out why Jordan affected her quite so much. Everything about him excited her in ways she'd never felt before.

And then he stepped toward her. Her pulse raced as she kept her eyes on him, forcing her face to keep calm. She watched his eyes look over her, the first time he'd looked at her like that since she'd arrived. And the first time anyone had looked at her like that in a very long time. And this time, she didn't know how to respond. It took her slightly longer to respond than all of the previous banter had.

"Why? Like what you see?" she asked, biting her lip and looking up at him as she tilted her head, hoping he hadn't noticed her hesitation.
 
His own semi-bold move in this cat and mouse game they were playing seemed to startle Kaylee, which...was almost a bit disconcerting for him, as little as he showed it. A quick, unplanned reaction would have meant spontaneity, that she didn't have an agenda. It meant she wanted him to do something specific, that she was trying to plan this out...

"Why? Like what you see?"

Truth be told, Jordan kind of liked the idea of her trying to manipulate him. Of course, how she was doing it was helping her case, by teasing, flirting, moving or winking suggestively. Her response here was a fine example; she bit her lip again in that innocent-yet-not-so-much way that was again causing some redirection of his blood flow.

"Maybe." What a bullshit answer. But the first to admit anything was the first to cede control, and Jordan wasn't ready to do that yet. With this young woman he'd only known for a few hours. This was the wrong time to do this, right before a shower. He needed to cool down before work, not heat up, anything the run had done for him was rapidly getting undone, at least mentally.

"I'd ask you the same question, but..." He smirked at her, his eyes meeting hers in a way that felt more intimate then a kiss to him as he let his gaze linger on her. "...I have a feeling I know the answer already." Jordan raised an eyebrow suggestively. "That, and the fact you seem so...willing...to let me see..."

It was supposed to be less warm in here then it was outside, but Jordan wasn't feeling any of the air conditioning, or the heat of the sun, as he continued.

"...well, it makes me wonder if you are one of those women you were talking about earlier." The tension kept raising, and his smile dropped, just for a moment, even if the intensity of his gaze didn't as he continued. "One of the ones looking for a good..." Again, a suggestive raise of the eyebrows, his eyes again going to her bare thighs, and the hem of the skirt on them.

Fuck, if he didn't have to go to work...
 
This time, Kaylee was prepared. She'd regained her composure and gotten over the initial shock of his flirting. She looked him up and down pointedly, lingering on his crotch for a moment, before looking back up at his eyes. "From what I'm seeing, I think it's a bit more than a 'maybe." She grinned and licked her lips. "Not that I'm complaining."

But that look, when their eyes met, she couldn't pull her gaze away from his. Her heart skipped another beat. She couldn't let him get to her like this. She needed the upper hand. She needed to feel more in control than this.

"...well, it makes me wonder if you are one of those women you were talking about earlier. One of the ones looking for a good..."

She desperately wanted him to finish that statement. There was something about hearing a man say "fuck" that got to her. Well, especially in that context. But he didn't. He just let it linger, his eyes finishing the sentence for him. That wasn't sufficient for her.

"Hard fuck?" she said, finishing it for him. In truth, she was. But she couldn't admit that. Even to herself. She couldn't even bring herself to think of Trevor in that moment. All she could think about was the man in front of her, the things he was saying, and the racing heart in her chest. And the body he had hidden under his clothes.

"I think you just like picturing me in bed with you, so you're letting your imagination get the best of you," she added with a wry smile. "You're undressing me with your eyes, Jordan. And I know you're liking what you're seeing. I promise the real thing is far better than anything you could be envisioning." Her hand moved to the hem of her skirt and toyed with it, pulling it up almost to her crotch. "But I guess you'll just have to keep imagining." She let it drop.
 
It wasn't as if it either of them didn't know how the sentence ended. They'd had the conversation less then an hour ago, and Jordan had the feeling that they knew each other well enough to know exactly where their thoughts were going. But he wouldn't say it. Could say it, sure. But he was dancing with a fire that raged within him enough already, and letting her set the pace and tempo of this conversation would push him closer at a time where he didn't need it. He was going to work soon, and he felt like he'd just started to find his center again before she'd shown up.

And it had barely been an hour.

"Hard fuck?"

He couldn't even say yes. The coward. The man who knew exactly where he was at, as Jordan just nodded. He saw where she was looking, and found it partially frightening...and mostly an incredible turn on, a woman who knew what she wanted.

"I think you just like picturing me in bed with you, so you're letting your imagination get the best of you." She smiled wryly, and Jordan couldn't entirely let that go as he tilted his head in mock challenge.

"Oh really? Then what is it I'm thinking about, Kaylee?" He didn't need to show anything with his body; his eyes said it for him as it locked onto her words as she continued.

"You're undressing me with your eyes, Jordan. And I know you're liking what you're seeing. I promise the real thing is far better than anything you could be envisioning." And then her hand went to her skirt, teasing and toying with it; Jordan involuntarily licked his lips. It was from the heat of the afternoon, surely, and had nothing to do with the fact that her hands were mockingly moving the hem of her skirt around, closer and closer the the prize that Jordan was getting closer and closer to coveting. Or further and further away, since he was already passed it, refusing to admit it to himself.

Fuck. It was the lack of movement that gave away his antsiness, his eagerness to do something, anything, to let out the tension. He should've left, went for his shower before work, left the room, anything but what he was doing, which was letting her bewitch him. She was hot, and her confidence only amplified whatever attraction was rapidly growing between them.

"But I guess you'll just have to keep imagining." Much to Jordan's disappointment, she dropped the hem of her skirt back down to cover her thighs, and he was overcome by a quick, sudden urge to grab it and pull it back up. He took a huge swig of water, draining his glass as he put it back on the table. A little too hard, giving away his lack of control.

She was being cruel to him, in a way. So he felt it only fair to give a little back as he stepped forward, angling to brush past her even. She was at least partially wrong about two things, but Jordan decided, for the moment, to only correct her about one of them. His eyes stayed on her as he walked towards her, finding himself to her side as he placed his left hand on her bicep. She was soft, yet strong, but something about the connection gave him an innate jolt as he spoke softly to her.

"I'll...keep in mind what you'd like me to imagine, Kaylee. So, I guess I'll go shower..." A cruel image of his own to place in her head, about to have another added to it as his voice dropped to a whisper. "...and maybe you can start thinking about us being together somewhere other then in bed."

A lighter statement, in a certain context. Or a darker one, as he walked on by, intent on cleaning up before he headed out for his evening of employment. Sure, she'd probably know what he meant. But having her unsure, off balance, would do him some good as he figured out how the hell he was going to deal with this unexpected, and not entirely unwelcome, disruption to his daily routine.
 
Last edited:
She watched as he reacted, as the glass went down to hard, as he froze in place when her skirt lifted and especially as he licked his lips. Fuck. And she couldn't hide her smile. She loved this game. The excitement, the teasing, the forbidden nature of it all. It was exhilarating. Each and every second.

Her breath caught in her throat as he stepped closer to her. What was he doing? His Han rested on her arm, and her hear fluttered again. And then his words, so close to her, it was hard for her to keep composed in the moment. "Make sure that water's cold. You wouldn't want to go to work... uncomfortable."

Her mind was wandering. Did he mean the shower? An image of him, naked, pressed up against her wet body hit her mind. Or somewhere else? There were so many places her mind went to, despite the fact that her own sex life had never made it too far out of bed. The back of a car a few times, but really, that was it. The possibilities excited her. And the thought of him inside of her.. Fuck. No. She had to stop. But she couldn't. She craved him. But thoughts weren't cheating, right?

She knew that as soon as he left the house, she was going to have to take care of herself. She squirmed at the thought, knowing that the thought of him was going to bring about an intense orgasm. And she could barely wait. She smiled at him and stood before heading up her stairs to her room, the one next to his. Her walk was a little too quick, her motions a little too stiff. But maybe he didn't notice.

She lay in her bed, waiting, squirming, trying to take her mind off of him and put it anywhere else. When she heard the water turn on in the bathroom, she couldn't help herself anymore. Her hand slipped down between her thighs and a moan escaped her lips. Her heart raced in her chest as she bucked her hips, trying to keep as quiet as possible. She'd never really had to before. Her mother lived a floor up and it had been years since anyone else had lived in the house. So it was a challenge, one she wasn't quite succeeding at.
 
Fucker. She wouldn't even let him get the last word in, managing to make him more uncomfortable then her, and the only one walking towards his destination a little aroused...or so he thought. "Make sure that water's cold. You wouldn't want to go to work... uncomfortable."

He only took hot showers, but Jordan didn't say as much as his gaze stayed on her as she walked away, too. So focused was he on her exposed back, her long legs that he didn't notice the stiffness in her walk, too. Still, into the bathroom he went, quickly stripping down and turning the water on. There was something slightly different, a few items just a bit out of place, a sign someone had been here a moment earlier. Someone different.

Kaylee.

The slightest hint of a feminine smell, perfume and scenty soap, already starting to linger. He couldn't help thinking of what she'd look like in here. What she'd feel like in here, and his manhood perked at the mere thought of his rough hands running all over her slippery, wet body...feeling and squeezing her soft skin as he pressed her against the-

Fuck.

If he knew what she was doing only a few doors away, he would've already been at 'work'. But as it was, he quickly washed up, suds of soap falling into the drain followed by shampoo, he couldn't help but realize that she had been right about several things. One in particular that was bothering him now.

He couldn't go into work like this. The sound of the running water not only covered her activities from him, but his from anyone else who might be listening as his hand closed around his shaft, indulging in a pleasure he usually was far more discreet about. It wasn't as if he didn't jack off, but normally not when Terri was home. He wouldn't risk her thinking about him that way; to her, he was just a 'nice boy' who needed a room to stay.

If she only knew about his past. If she only knew what he was doing now.

Heavy breaths and urgent, quick motions accompanied the running of shower water that went a little longer then usual, were anyone paying attention.
 
Kaylee's moan got louder, she couldn't help herself. But not loud enough for anyone to hear, considering where everyone was. Her hips bucked faster, more aggressively, and her mind kept going to the man in the shower, what he would be doing to her were she in there with him, what she'd be doing to him. His name escaped her lips right before she reached her climax, and her mouth hung open as her hips bucked once, twice, three times into the air before hanging there as she orgasmed.

Her hips fell to the bed, her heart racing, chest heaving, and she squirmed again, running her hand over her body. Fuck. If she couldn't get a grip on herself, this was going to be a very long and uncomfortable summer. She lay there, catching her breath, before standing up and walking to her mirror. Her face was flushed. She couldn't let him see that. She took a deep breath, trying to calm her body down, a body that was still filled with lust.

She couldn't let him win. She couldn't let him know just how much he got to her without even trying. And when he did try... Her legs still trembled slightly from her orgasm, and she reached down to calm them. She was going to have to find something to occupy herself. To get her mind off of him. Off of his naked body in the shower, the water glistening, dripping over his toned body... She was off to a bad start.

'Get a grip, Kaylee,' she told herself. 'You can do this.' But what now? What could she do to occupy herself? She lay back down in her bed, staring at the ceiling, waiting to hear him leave the house before she dared leave the room and give away just how aroused she was. She watched her fan spin, thankful for the cool breeze it created on her hot skin. But her mind kept wandering back to him. And it wasn't long before her fingers slipped back down, her moans began again, and her eyes closed in pleasure.
 
Someone was, albeit not in the way he'd feared or expected as Jordan turned off the water, a little more then soap and shampoo suds running into the drain as he dried off. Again, he noticed certain feminine implements that weren't there before; Terri had her own bathroom, so Jordan had gotten used to having his run of the place. One of a few changes he was going to have to adapt to.

He still hadn't made up his mind if it was a welcome or an unwelcome change. It would've been easier if he or Kaylee didn't live here, but that was what made it more enticing, more exciting. They lived under the same roof now, roommates for all intents and purposes, and they wanted each other. Badly.

He didn't know how badly as he dried his hair, a towel around his waist as he moved into his room to change. Right next to hers, a room that had been empty until today.

The sound of the blow dryer was the only thing accompanying his thought as he changed into his outfit for work, above his dark blue boxer shorts. Black work pants, and a short sleeved, button less black collared shirt. It had the company's name above his heart, surprisingly subtle for the supposed "#1 Company for Corporate Audio-Visual Needs". Made up for with the stupid coffee mugs they always had to use if they were drinking at the office; one of the many reasons Jordan was grateful he was usually offsite.

Durable, simple. He gave a couple of more swipes through his hair, frowning. He was hearing something...unfamiliar...that he couldn't quite place. Maybe Kaylee had her computer on in her room and was watching something.

Or maybe it was something else. He tried not to think about what, lest he get...uncomfortable...again. Only a few more minutes, and Jordan would be free of the temptress' presence.

No. Not a temptress. He amended in his head. A...tease.
 
Again, pleasure coursed through Kaylee's body as her muscles tensed and her hips rose. When she came down, her chest was heaving. Fuck. This was going to be exhausting. She lay for a moment, realizing the shower had stopped, and bit her lip. Crap. She desperately hoped he hadn't heard her. That was like admitting defeat and losing the game. And she wasn't ready for that.

She waited until she heard him leave before she stood and exited her room. Now she just had to distract herself. Somehow.

She went back downstairs and made her way to the family room. A movie. That generally worked. She sat on the couch and turned on the TV, ready for a night in. But not too far into the movie her phone rang. Trevor. She paused the movie, took a deep breath, and answered.

"Hey Trev," she said. She was insanely nervous. She hadn't done anything wrong, but it felt like she had. Luckily, he didn't noticed the hesitation in her voice. Instead, he went off on a rant about his dad and his job. "... and when that bastard retires, I swear things are gonna change, Kay. We're gonna be set for life, I promise. He thinks I'm gonna run his company into the ground. Yeh right. He refuses to take the risks he needs to take in order to consider expanding." He paused finally. "I miss you, babe," he added.

'Right,' she thought. 'That's why it took you five minutes of ranting to say it.' "I miss you too," she said.

"It's not the same without you here. I know it hasn't been that long, but there's no one here to rant to. And I don't know how I'm going to sleep in my bed without another person in it."

'Clearly it's me he misses and not just having a body. Bullshit. A hooker would serve his needs just as well.'

"I gotta go though. Pam says dinner's ready. Love you!" And then he was gone.

"Wow. For someone who misses me so much, he didn't seem to care about how I'm doing." She sighed and stared at the paused TV.

When they'd started dating, it'd been so different. He'd doted on her and loved showing her off. He'd brag about her accomplishments and confide everything in her. Now, he took her for granted. And it sucked. How was she supposed to keep herself away from Jordan when even talking to Trevor didn't make her miss him.

She went up to her room and changed out of her skirt and halter top. She pulled a teal tank top on and stared momentarily at her pajama shorts. Fuck it. She went back downstairs and settled back into the couch, trying to calm her brain once again. She pressed play and forced herself to watch, trying desperately to lose herself in the movie in front of her.
 
A quick glance at his phone revealed that he couldn't linger too long on what exactly Kaylee might or might not have been doing in her room anyways - time had passed quickly, and he needed to get to the shop, grab a van, and then get on site. Mark was an affable, pleasant coworker with a mop of black hair, one of the few reliable people where he worked and Jordan was determined not to be late. Certainly not for his boss's sake.

But the solace during his drive there did Jordan no good. Temporary satisfaction of his arousal hadn't sated his mood, so the look on his face was a dour one when he got on site. It was a relatively small, indoor corporate party that nevertheless had required a fair amount of equipment. A few people were still lingering, and Mark had already shrugged off his sports jacket when Jordan made his way in.

"Hey, dude." Although Jordan's uniform was far more casual, anyone 'running an op' (which was to say, being AT an event that services were being provided for) had to dress up to the event. Which usually meant a suit jacket, nice pants, a button up shirt, and shoes that were anything but suited for loading gear onto vans. Mark gave Jordan a smirk as he tossed his jacket aside, shaking his head at one of the three wide screen televisions they'd set up for the evening.

"Three of those things and I don't think they got more then a dozen glances all evening." They were dark now, having already been turned off, and Jordan could imagine what they'd been displaying; corporate bullshit of some kind. "Hank must've really sold 'em on the 'ambience'." Hank was their boss, the 'asshole' Jordan had referred to on the phone.

"Where do you want me to start?" asked Jordan. Mark inclined his head in something resembling mockery. "You know the drill. Connectors, wires, and then the big stuff."

Although disconnecting gear was a fairly mindless process, Jordan knew that only a few people really knew how to do it right. He considered himself one of those people, effortlessly rolling wires and stowing away material to let his mind wander. Mark was a friendly enough sort, but not usually one for chatting during serious work hours, and tearing all of this down was hard work for two people.

"You seem a little off today, Jay. Anything going on?"

Although he was not entirely ignorant of the deliberate march of Jordan's walk.

"No, man. I'm good."

The room was all but empty by now, save for the venue's staff who were clearing the tables; brothers and sisters in arms in a different way as Mark paid them no heed. "Hell. Nothing ever happens for you, does it? You come to work, do the job, occasionally join us for happy hour-"

"Our jobs never end at happy hour."

"-and then head home to your aunt."

Jordan chuckled back. "She's not my aunt. She's my land lady."

"Whatever. She certainly takes care of you like family."

A sigh escaped Jordan, and Mark let a look of triumph cross his face as Jordan tossed some cables into a bin. "Actually, her daughter's come home for the summer."

"Ah-hah." Mark raised an eyebrow. "Knew it was something. So is she annoying or something?" Jordan turned to answer, and saw Mark motioning to the other side of one of the televisions, wanting help moving it into an obnoxiously large road case.

Jordan grunted as the two young men - Mark was about four years older then him - loaded it into the case, and the breath he let out was not entirely from the effort of moving the heavy load. "Not...exactly."

As they put the top on the case, Mark inclined his head. "Well then what is it?"

"Ask me later." Jordan moved back towards the second television. "Once we're done striking this crap."

*******

It was about three AM when Jordan found himself walking back through the door to the house he no longer shared with just Terri Sands. Although that was also the time he and Mark had agreed to put on their time sheets after unloading the van in the shop. He was tired, but Jordan wasn't about to make a huge mess of himself - he'd perfected the art of walking quietly to the kitchen, getting a glass of water, and then doing some reading and falling asleep in his room.

He went to hang up his jacket, not expecting anyone else to be up, or around...Terri never was, and he actually had no idea what kind of hours Kaylee kept.
 
When the movie had ended, Kaylee had quickly started another one, refusing to let her mind wander. And it worked, for the most part. Her mind stayed mostly where it was supposed to, and neither Trevor nor Jordan were on her mind for very long.

She fell asleep during the second movie. She lay on her back, her chest raising and lowering with each breath, nipples pressing against the fabric. Her tank top was lightly hiked up, revealing the lower half of her stomach. Her blue lacy underwear clung to her hips, and if someone were inclined to look, they could tell she was smooth under the fabric.

When the door opened, so did Kaylee's eyes. At first, she thought someone was breaking in. She wasn't used to having Jordan around yet. But she quickly remembered he'd been out working, and she relaxed. She stared up a the ceiling, trying to decide what to do. It wouldn't be long before he noticed the noise of the TV and came in to see what was going on.

She closed her eyes and took deep breaths, focusing on how her chest and stomach moved as she did. And she made a decision to see what he'd do when he came in before she let him know she was awake. She bent one leg, hooking her foot behind the other knee. If he came in he'd get a nice view of her crotch and body as long as he looked.her hand came up and rested under her turned face.

She quickly glanced to see what was on TV. An informercial of some kind. But it was enough to grab the attention of anyone nearby. Now she just had to wait and see if he'd come in, if he'd react at all to her laying there, sleeping. A smile slipped onto her face and she force it away. Sleeping people generally don't smile.
 
Although it wasn't exactly loud, any noise in the house this late at night drew attention, and Jordan hung up his jacket deliberately, wondering if someone had left the television on. At least it'd save him the trouble of turning it on himself; it had been a while since he'd let some mindless drivel soak into his brain after an early morning work day, and now would just be the time for it...

He walked into the television room. Some mindless infomercial, with the same guy that had sold...wait, hadn't he gone to jail? Jordan ignored the salesman's voice, however, when he saw the couch, or, more specifically, who was splayed out on it, her chest rising up and down in an adequate approximation of sleep.

Kaylee. Her eyes were shut, her mouth open in a familiar half lidded expression of fatigue. Jordan had seen a ton of it; on women, men, kids. A palatable look of drowsiness. But that wasn't what really got his attention. Her body was bathed in the glow of the television and the relative darkness of the night, making it clear she hadn't been trying to keep anyone up, either.

Her bare legs - one hooked under the other - looked even longer then they had under the skirt, exposed skin rising up all the way towards lacy, thin panties. Jordan gulped nervously as he walked in closer, unable to tear his eyes away from the tiniest of garments hiding Kaylee's bare pussy. Her stomach was mostly exposed, her teal tank top (why did she have to keep wearing those, he wondered) showing off most of her fit body. The fabric strained to keep in her breasts, and Jordan wondered if she'd chosen one a size too small intentionally, or if it was his mind wandering in a fog of fatigue and lust well into the morning.

It would've been easier if she was naked, awake, waiting for him.

"Kaylee?" He whispered, wondering if she had fallen asleep, or was just hear to tempt him, lure him in. Inwardly, he scowled, knowing that if she was trying, she wouldn't visibly respond. Either he'd have to play her game, or try some more...direct means to try to wake her up.

But he knew what direct means meant. She was here, open for him. Incredibly alluring, as he moved in closer to her, kneeling near her on the couch.

"You awake?"

Maybe the words were for him more then her, to justify in some sick, rational way of what he wanted to do. He breathed heavily, as if he was scared that would somehow stir her when his words directly to her hadn't.

The television was comforting somehow, its glow reassuring that he wasn't totally in the dark, in more ways then one. Jordan bit his lip, squeezing his eyes shut as he told himself to leave her, go to his room, to go sleep...while his body disobeyed, and his fingers brushed against her bare stomach, towards the bottom of her tank top, gingerly pulling the fabric upwards. He gulped again as the motion was about to bring her bare breasts to his greedy, lecherous view.

If she wanted him to play...
 
She heard him enter and it took all of her strength not to react. Stay. Don't move. Breathe. She waited, listening to the sound of his footsteps. Each time he stopped or hesitated, she noted where he was. And his breathing, the pace of which seemed to be increasing. He was aroused. And she was winning.

But when he came closer to her, it became harder and harder to keep the facade going. Somehow, she managed. And then he was there, right next to her, trying to stir her. She started wondering what he was doing. She'd planned on "waking up" and catching him staring, standing at a distance with a raging erection. She hasn't expected this.

And then his hand was on her, lifting her shirt. What on earth was he doing? He thought she was asleep. Was he really willing to take a peak when she couldn't stop him? Part of her wanted him to continue, to finally see the view he'd been craving. But that was too much. That took it too far.

"What are you doing?" She finally asked drowsily. She pretended she'd been asleep instead of awake the entire time. She wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt, but it was hard. This felt wrong. And it was hard for him to claim he hasn't been trying to take advantage of a sleeping woman. But maybe he truly was just toying with her. Maybe he'd known she was awake and this was just his was of getting her to respond. "Jordan?"

Despite herself, despite what she knew was right and wrong, she'd immediately felt her body react to his hand on her. Her heart raced and her nipples hardened as her panties began to moisten. She desperately hoped he wouldn't notice. That he'd stop when he realized she was awake.
 
Back
Top