Song of Dancing Fire

With the lamp turned up Inwe directed the light to area the dogs had been barking at. A tall dark looking creature looked at Inwe, causing her heart to rapidly accelerate. It had a guardian elf in it's tentacles with what looked like a suction-like mouth on his head..... in a gurgling type voice it said,

“I shall kill him … if you attack me”

“It’s a Narkoos” Ello whispered to Inwe

Inwe quickly motioned everyone to not make a move, she needed time to assess the situation, if there was anyway to save the elf she had to try it. She took a few steps towards the creature, signalling with her hand for the rest of them to stay put. Looking the Narkoos in its pale white eyes she stated,

"If you let the man go, we will not harm you.....I give you my solemn promise, just let him go. Here see I am putting my weapons down now, just let the man go."

As Inwe talked she moved closer the creature, it had a lost look about it like it was just reacting on instinct and fear. This made her wonder if it had been exposed to the forgetfulness spell, she now acted on her own instinct,

"Tell me, have you been to the inner chambers? Do you know who you are?...Or what your name is?"

She waited to see it's reaction to her questions. It took it's eyes off of hers for a second glancing behind her to see if the others had moved. They hadn't...she seemed to be the one in charge...swallowing it looked at Inwe again before replying,

"I ...don't know If I was in the inner chamber....and don't know who I am ...but make no mistake I will kill the man I have if you in any way threaten me."

Putting her arms up and out Inwe tried to show the Narkoos that she was no threat to him...she took another few steps closer to him. She spoke in a calm and quiet voice,

"I believe you have the forgetfullness spell upon your person, If you don't know your name or where you are from, I will give you protection until or if you get your memory back. You can join our quest if you so choose. I will give you a few minutes to decide, whether you want to join us or go on your own, but you must let the man go. I promise you will not be harmed I give you my word of honour."

There was some heated whispering behind, Inwe signalled for quiet...while she waited for the Narkoos to decide.
 

Attachments

  • Narkoos ani.gif
    Narkoos ani.gif
    77.8 KB · Views: 7
The Narkoos race is almost pure evil. They are very clever and have tricked or manipulated many races into situation where the Narkoos can feed on them. They love to eat living brains. They can eat other food, but will die if they do not get a brain after a week or two. Feeding on the brains of sentient creatures cause them to be feared by most of the races.

The Narkoos was confused, but he was also hungry and sadistically evil. So he attempted to take control of Inwe … trying to turn her in his mind-controlled slave. Sending out his psionics probes into her mind. If Inwe had not been so strong willed and been trained to be self-aware of these kinds of attacks it would have worked. But instead Inwe eyes grew narrow.

“Stop trying to control my mind … I know you are hungry and scared. But right now your only option is to give that man up and trust us.” She said.

The Narkoos snarled and released his prey. The elf guardian named Fardun eyes cleared up as his mind returned to him. “OHHH” he groaned and stumbled toward Inwe. Ello move up slowly towards Inwe, his weapons removed as he grab the man and escorted him back to the main group.

“I will not join your group … Elf” The Narkoos informed Inwe. “I wish to leave this cave and never see it again.” He requested.

Htaed whispered to Ello “We should kill him now … he will just go out there and kill more innocent people.”

Ello looked at Htaed, shaking his head and whispered back to him “This is a good lesson in trust. Inwe gave her word … The Narkoos and everyone else heard her … if she does not keep her word … we can’t trust her. We must be able to rely on her character, and truth in what she says.”

“But the creature could cause trouble in the future.” Htaed argued back in a whisper

“Trust in Inwe’s word is more important than the possible future trouble this creature may cause.” Ello instructed Htaed. The shape shifter thought about this argument and concept, not fully understanding ... but willing to see how everything would play out in the end.
 
Inwe and the Narkoos

Inwe and the others were relieved when the creature let the elf go. Ello quickly helped him by taking his arm leading him away from the Narkoos.

“I will not join your group … Elf” The Narkoos informed Inwe. “I wish to leave this cave and never see it again.” He requested.

Inwe thought about letting the creature go, but decided against it, after all they were legendary for being evil murderous things. She knew that sooner or later it would have to be dealt with. She would rather have it join her group in order to keep her eyes on it, hoping to keep it from harming any of her people...or other innocents for that matter. She looked up at it slowly shaking her head before replying,

"Having thought further I am afraid I cannot help you leave this cave, I will give you a choice though. Join up with us and our quest, pledging your word of honour, in turn we would help you leave this cave. I know you prefer to feed on live brains but I also know you can live on other foods as well. We can provide you with the other foods as well as our protection until you get your memory back.....if you get your memory back. If you join us you must agree that you will not ever use your mind controlling powers on our people or companions."

Inwe paused for a minute looking at Htaed and Ello before continuing,

"While you think over these choices I have given you, we have business further inside the cave. When we are done you must give us your answer, but think well on this matter, with us you have a chance to live, without us you will eventually die alone in this cave."

The Narkoos nodded his head before moving away from the group back to where he had been hiding when he first heard their approach. He didn't trust these beings, some instinct told him they were not a friend to his race, but he also knew he needed help. He couldn't remember how long he had been wandering around this cave, but one thing he did know he was starving. He watched as they travelled further inside the cave. He had no memory of his history, even his name was a mystery, he realized he really had no choice, he would join these beings, he did not want to die.

Inwe and the elves moved down the tunnel towards the chamber, eventually when they got to the entrance, she signalled them to stop. She quietly called Vala over to her,

"Vala do you still want to enter the chamber and have the spell take your memory?
 
Vala stepped forward. Inwe saw the fear in her eyes. As Vala pushed her red hair away from her eyes. Her hand was shaking. There were tears in her eyes. Ello walked up next to Vala.

“Htaed can try to capture your earlier memories …before your 16th birthday” He suggested.

“Ok” Vala said. Htaed sent out his mind probes … tentacles of magic creeping into her mind. They seem weak but they gathered her early memories quickly. Htaed nodded “it is done” he said.

"Ready” Inwe asked with a little smile. Vala nodded … she knew she was doing the right thing … but to have your mind wiped … it was like committing suicide. It was kill the mind she had now. But she had made her decision and her jaw became set.

“Yes” Vala answered and she walked towards the magical barrier. She felt a sense of foreboding as she entered the chamber … it was a mingling of anger and pain … it filled the air. At first, she assumed it was some empathic sense she had … but as she wince as she got deeper in the chamber she knew it was not. It was the left over of other people's minds ... the thoughts they had before theor minds were destroyed.

She saw the sword lying on a stone pedestal. The object brimmed with ominous, intelligent power. She glanced at the paintings on the walls and ceiling of the chamber, colorful images of the sword controlling people’s minds … turning them from evil to good … then … her mind started to fade … an aura of magic was around her. Her knowledge spun away from her … like threads from a sweater …. That was unweaving itself … the overpowering lust for cock broke away from her … but so did lots of other knowledge … she needed to get out of the chamber … now … before it was too late …

Suddenly she knew absolutely nothing. Never before had she felt this way … who was she … where was she … she saw hundreds of magical tendrils hovering within her sight.

She was frightened … what had happened to her … she heard voices … calling to her …

“Vala come to us … come here” they asked … she looked back toward the doorway into this room … there was two men and a woman … calling to her … they did not seem dangerous … she walked towards them … passing back through the doorway. The magic around her dispelled.
 
(Vala) turned towards the voices...voices that were calling a name she didn't know.

“Vala come to us … come here”

She saw two men and a woman, their expressions were of concern, not threatening at all, so she started to walk towards them. Her brows were knitted together...she kept wondering what they were so concerned about and what they wanted with her. She hesitated for a moment at the threshold of the door before stepping out and into the middle of the three strange people.

They were all talking at once to her it would seem, saying the name Vala over and over again, (Vala) looked from one to the other ...just glanced at each as they tried to talk to her. She was getting dizzy with it all..it was too much. She put her hands up to her ears to shut all the noise out...she felt frightened more then anything else. (Vala) held her hands over her ears shaking her head from side to side whimpering,

"Please....stop.... your all frightening me...I don't know you...I don't know me! Just...just leave me be! I have to get away from here...away from you all!"

With those words she broke away and ran down the tunnel , she felt an overwhelming need to get out of the cave to breath some fresh air. Maybe then she could remember who she was, she ran faster when she heard the woman shout,

"Noooo Vala Stop...don't go down the tunnel...Valaaaaa!"

But Vala didn't stop, she kept on running full speed until she came to a large dark chamber. Breathing heavily she slowed down enough to try and find the way out. She kept looking for some light indicating a doorway of some kind. That is when she felt a menacing presence to the left of her. She turned her head slowly and saw to her horror a huge black creature...what it was she had no clue...but her gut told her to run. She frantically looked for an exit, then decided to just run in the opposite direction to the creature.
 
The Narkoos was also at a loss at what to do. Moments before the redhead … the only one in the group … had full memories … now his mind probes showed she had almost no memories. Her mind was like his … she had undergone the same curse! The forgetfullness spell! Proof this was mostly like what had happened to him.

He was very tempted to latch on to the redhead and feast on her brain. But he did not. He needed his food … to help him. Help him get out of this cave. His food would get angry … and not help him if it realized … he was going eat them one by one!

The redhead screamed and ran off in the opposite direction. The Narkoos just smiled and started to walk after her … He just needed to wait. He reached the main group which now had redhead. The Narkoos looked at the head female elf and spoke “Elf … I have changed my mind … I wish to join your group” He stated.

Meanwhile

When Vala had run off … Ello had chased her, suddenly there was another scream and she came running back and into his arms. He held her and explained “We are your friends … your name is Vala … and if you stand still a moment some of your memories will return to you” Ello explained.

He led her back to the main group, holding on to her. Htaed stepped up next to her and he refilled her memories with all he had gathered. She seemed dizzy after that … but it also calmed her down. As she reviewed her memories.
 
Luckily the direction that Vala ran was the tunnel she had just run from, she was pretty disoriented by the spell. Before she knew it she ran straight into the arms of Ello who tried to sooth her by explaining,

“We are your friends … your name is Vala … and if you stand still a moment some of your memories will return to you”

Htaed stepped up and touched her head to his, transferring all the memories that he had been able to take from her earlier. There was not much and most of it was from her childhood, but it would have to do. Once he was done he let go of her, she swayed a little from dizziness, but Ello caught her and steadied her until she was able to stand on her own.

Vala spent the next few minutes recalling some of her more vivid memories, smiling as they passed by. There was a slight noise and all of them looked to the tunnel, there was the Narkoos, who looked them all over once before ending with Inwe and stating,

“Elf … I have changed my mind … I wish to join your group”

Inwe nodded her head indicating that she accepted him, she glanced at the rest of them with a look that all should beware, the Narkoos was not to be trusted at this point in time. Vala visibly shook, having just had her mind probed only minutes ago, she didn't know why, but her gut told her that this was a very bad partnership. Inwe turned towards the chamber with the sword,

"Shall we proceed? I would like to get the sword and out of this cave as soon as possible."

Reaching inside her vest she took out the gem unwrapped it, it glowed with a red brilliance. Holding it firmly in her left hand she entered the chamber walking up to where the sword been carefully laid years ago. The others stayed just outside the chamber with breaths held as they watched Inwe. She lifted the sword with her right hand while the left held the gem aloft. She breathed a sigh of relief, (So far so good, I think this is all I need to do.) She turned around making her way towards her waiting companions.
 
Last edited:
Htaed and Ello watched as Inwe bravely walking into the chamber. She stopped before the sword and simply picked it up. She seemed to breathe a sigh of relief and then headed back out. Both men also breathed a sigh of relief. It looked as she was going to make it. Then suddenly she stopped.

Inside Inwe’s head she heard a voice. It was the sword. The voice carried a kind of ominous power but also intelligence and wisdom. “Inwe … such a pretty name. I’m the Talisman sword … the sword of the ancient Garu Masters. One of my functions is to advise the welder of the sword.” It told her. “My advice to you is … The forgetfulness spell has not been broken. It is still in place in this chamber. Do you wish me to remove the spell?” The sword asked her.

Inwe spoke out loud, to the sword “I thought the spell was broke upon holding the red gem and touching the sword … or I mean touching you.” Inwe explained.

“Not quite … the spell is a modification of some of my many abilities. The welder can collapse the spell with a simple request” The sword explained.

“Please collapse the spell” Inwe ordered.

Suddenly there were hundreds of magical tendrils visible and all of them collapsed into the sword in her hand … as the last tendril collapsed there was a “WHOOSH” noise and a small flash of light from the sword blade. “It is done” the sword explained in mind speak to her.

Inwe was surprised, but her royal training had taken over. She simply stated “Thank you” and walked out of the chamber. Htaed and Ello both asked her at the same time “Are you ok?”
 
Inwe smiled as the others asked if she was OK, nodding her head she replied,

"Yes, I think my claiming the sword has somehow made it possible for the forgetfullness spell to be broken. I suppose by just walking out of the chamber."

Something told her to keep quiet about the sword's ability to talk to her. She looked towards the Narkoos, wondering if the sword could read minds. She had a gut feeling that it could not be trusted no matter what it had just said. Glancing at her three companions again she added,

"I need a few minutes to rest, entering the chamber and taking the sword has left me feeling just a little weakened. I am sure it will pass soon, in the meanwhile let us all just relax for a few minutes."

Still holding the sword in her right hand Inwe went over to a large round rock and leaned against it, taking a big breathe for the others to see that she was indeed tired. In the meantime, she put her thoughts out to the sword,

(Sword, what should I call you?) " Eirlian" is what she heard it say. She continued, (Eirlian can you read the mind of the Narkoos?) Inwe then closed her eyes in order to show that she was resting and to be able to concentrate. Soon to her surprise Eirlian linked her directly to the mind of the Narkoos. Upon learning its thoughts she quickly cast her mind away and back to Eirlian, (Can you cast a spell on that creature to make it do as I ask?) The answer of "Of course Inwe....it is done", caused Inwe to open her eyes and looked at the Narkoos.

Walking up to it she locked eyes with it before speaking,

"You will not harm me or any of my companions, you will forget your plans to eat our brains, if you do not obey me, you will die. Do you understand?"

Ello, Htaed, and Vala all stood silently watching in awe as Inwe commanded the Narkoos.
 

Attachments

  • Eirlian.gif
    Eirlian.gif
    51.5 KB · Views: 7
To understand the Eirlian sword, one must first understand what is evil. This is not an easy thing to explain or define. Many philosophers have struggled with a working definition of “evil”. However the makers of the sword of Eirlian did not have the luxury to get a perfect definition, so they use a “good enough” definition of evil. Evil was defined as the conscious and deliberate action to increase suffering to no useful end for the community.

The sword can change an evil creature to a good creature. It does this by adjusting the evil sentient creature mind set. First by inserting a sense “goodness” if it does not have one already …“Goodness” is defined by “a reduction of overall suffering.” Next the sword will adjust the following traits in the mind of the evil creature:

• Ensure the creature is not self-deceiving.
• Shows the creature the abusiveness of power (both emotional or physical).
• Forces the evil creature to think from the viewpoint of their victim.

Once the creature is aware of its actions and the harm those actions are causing, the evil creature turns away from acts of evil and starts doing good deeds.

Inwe did not know it … but the sword modified her request. To directly control another creature … even a Narkoos … was evil and a form of slavery. The sword instead modified the Narkoos’ outlook … ensuring it knew that feeding on sentient creatures brains was evil … that activity increased suffering … it also placed in the Narkoos’ mind the viewpoint of the victim. These changes adjusted the Narkoos mindset.

The Narkoo’s race loved to feed on living brains … the more intelligent the better tasting. However, a lower level life form brain, like a chicken’s brain for example, was good tasting and sustaining to a Narkoos. It is the Narkoos race’s self-deception (If it tastes good … it is ok to eat and …all the other races exist for Narkoos consumption), abusiveness of power (We can control their minds … we should be allowed to eat them) and lack of the victim’s view point (The food does not feel anything …it is an honor to be eaten by a Narkoos!) that makes them evil.

The sword changed those viewpoint and turned an evil creature into a good one.

The Narkoo’s looked at Inwe with new understanding and compassion.

“Yes … I understand now …” He said “How can I help?” he added.

Eirlian used mind speak to tell Inwe what he had done “I have adjusted his mind and he is now focused on increasing happiness … He still has free will, so you cannot directly control him … But he is no longer a threat to your group.”
 
Last edited:
When Eirlian made Inwe understand that the Narkoos was now a good being, and her companions were no longer in danger she nodded her head slightly. She looked up at the creature as it spoke,

“Yes … I understand now …” He said “How can I help?”

Standing her ground Inwe inclined her head once before saying,

"Good, we would be glad to have you join us, if you are so inclined, if not, we will not hinder you in fact if we can, we will help you. Until you do decide, you may walk with us on our journey to save our people."

She then turned to her companions and smiled;

"Let us leave this cave, we have what we came for...and just maybe something extra, she then glanced back at the Narkoos. He hadn't moved, being in deep thought over what he wanted to do now. He blinked twice, he had made up his mind. Making a slight noise to get Inwe's attention he waited for her to acknowledge him.

Inwe turned to face the Narkoos when she heard his deep rumble, to get her attention, with respect she looked at him as she waited for him to speak again.

"Inwe....and companions, I have decided to accompany you on your quest, I would like to help you in anyway I can. My mind reading ability may come in handy at some point."

He now came closer to Inwe before going down on one knee, bowing his head he added,

"I Nauditav vow to help you and to protect you and your company to my best ability, until I am either no longer needed or am sent from this world to my ancestors."

He waited for her to touch his shoulder in acceptance of his allegiance. Inwe formally stepped up to the Narkoos touching his left shoulder with the tip of Eirlian, replying,

"I Inwe accept your allegiance ....Nauditav"

She stepped back smiling in satisfaction, glancing at everyone in the chamber cried,

"Let us leave this cave and set up camp outside under the stars!"
 
The group moved out of the cave and set up camp. Ello ordered a doubling of the guards, one of the dogs, and one of the trolls to be awake at all times.

Inwe looked over to him and asked “Ello … is that necessary?”

Ello looked back at her “Yes … now is the most dangerous time of the quest. The sword is no longer protected by the forgetfulness spell. The enemy would be wise to strike as we journey back to your village.” He explained.

Inwe nodded “I understand … but with this sword we are far more difficult to defeat.”

Ello smiled “Only when you are awake. That is why at night … we need to be extra careful. The Narkoos can take control of minds … but I think our friends” He looked towards Mist and Beren “cannot be controlled in such a manner …and I think trolls would also be difficult.” Ello explained.

Nauditav came over to them “I also cannot be controlled by them.” He said. “Another tool they have is called a mind blast … a powerful blast of mental energy … most people fall to their knees in pain once this is released. It has limited range … so keep your people spread out and warn them about it. Lastly Narkoos are physical weak … so they like to take control of other creatures and have them do their bidding. Mind slaves. So you could be attacked by all sorts of people, to include your friends.”

Everyone nodded at this advice. The group settled in for the night.
 
Perogy

Once everyone was settled down, or on guard duty, it became quiet, Perogy could hear the occasional hoot from an owl, but that was about it. She lay on the ground, thinking about how she hadn't gotten any for a few days now, and was really becoming...well let's just say.."Restless." She chewed on her fingertip as she thought how unfair, it was of those elves to make Borscht work, when he really need to see to her needs. She saw him move along the perimeter of the camp, thinking of his juicy humongous cock. The more she thought about it, the more she ached and wiggled, finally she sat up, as he once again walked by her.

Meanwhile, Borscht had not been very thrilled that Ello had told him he had guard duty tonight ..and along with one of those stupid dogs. He growled under his breath each time he passed by ....what was it? the male or female? They all looked alike to him...just dogs. While he was making the second pass near his beloved Perogy, his eyes grew huge, he sniffed the air...(Was it what he thought it was?) He shook his head as he walked on by....(Na...she hadn't been interested for days now...) He kept on walking the path that that Ello had told him.

As he neared Perogy's area again...he stopped...sniffed again...(OH...yes...I know that scent...I gotta get me some of that!) Looking back and forth, he quickly...and sneakily, for a huge troll, went over to Perogy's sleeping place, picked her up, threw her over his shoulder and made off with her. As soon as they were far enough away so no one would hear them, he threw her down on a soft pile of moss and jumped on her soooo willing body. They would screw each other for the rest of the night, leaving only Beren guarding the camp.

As soon as the trolls took off, Beren, made a soft woff...for Mist to join him. A few minutes later she showed up. Nuzzling each other in greeting, they soon separated patrolling the camp.

During the early morning hours, just before dawn broke, a large black raven was seen to circle around the camp and fly away to report to his master.
 
Ello awoke before the sun was up. He knew that was the best time for an attack. The night watch would be tried and the daytime people were still asleep. However, there was no attack that morning. The sky brightened and he headed over to the small camp fire and brought it to life. The air was still cool at this altitude in the Shadow Mountains. He set water to heating. He was going to make some of his special Royas, that hot bitter drink. That was when Vala joined him. She was brushing her red hair.

“Good Morning … Ello …do I have that right?” She asked.

Ello smiled “Yes Vala … Would you like some Royas?” He asked.

“Yes … please” She answered

As Ello prepared the Royas he asked her “It must be difficult having to relearn so much?”

“Yes” Vala said looking towards the ground. “I have my earlier memories but people like yourself I have no memories of at all. Can you tell me what our history is?” She asked.

Ello poured a cup of the hot liquid and handed it to her, then poured one for himself.

“I’ll give you the short version, or this might take all morning!” He said with a smile. “We met back in Inwe’s village … your village. You decided to join the group on the quest and dressed up as a guard member. We discovered your deception, so I was quite weary of you. We were captured by the trolls.” Ello smiled at the next part “You were brave and kicked one of them in the crotch!” He explained.

“Which one?” Vala asked.

“Borscht!” Ello laughed then followed up with “Don’t worry I think troll view that as foreplay! Anyhow … you made it up to the big guy later by … mmm … well …”

Vala eyes got really big “I did not have sex with him … did I?”

“No” Ello said “You just gave him a hand job. But it really helped out the quest. So you did a good thing.”

“What about you and me? You seem to care deeply about me” Vala ask Ello.

Ello got serious “You used a love potion on me… and forced me to break my vow to focus only on avenging my village’s destruction. It was an evil act. But it was from that we discovered the curse placed on you.”

“I don’t think I was a very nice person back then.” Vala said more to herself than to Ello.

Ello put a hand on her shoulder. “Vala … the old you did a brave thing to remove the curse … She knew the real Vala was a good and caring person. She basically committed suicide to have you reborn. No one here holds anything that happened during the curse against you.” Ello concluded.

“You are a nice guy Ello” Vala said.

“And you are a nice person too … that is why we are friends!” Ello said. The rest of the camp was getting up and Ello stood up too. “Time to get back to the village and end this horrible war!” He said.
 
Inwe woke up as the sun was just peeking over the top of Shadow Mountains. She shivered alittle, seeing her breath as she breathed. Turning her head slightly she saw Ello get up going over to the camp fire. Feeling a bit tired still she thought she would wait til he got the fire going before she left her warm bed. The extra rest would go a long ways, that is when she saw Vala join Ello at the fire. Vala seemed to have a quiet even soft manner about her as she talked to Ello. Just as Inwe was about to get up she heard some loud noise, like something large walking through the forest.

Before long, Borscht came stomping into camp closely followed by Perogy. Inwe looked at them, then glanced at the place that Perogy was supposed to have been sleeping. Frowning as she got up, Inwe waylaid the two of them before they got much further,

"And where and what have you two been up to? I believe that you Borscht were supposed to be on guard duty last night. Then turning to Perogy she added, And you Perogy were supposed to be in your bedroll. Who if I may ask was guarding the camp with Beren? HMMM?"

The two of them looked at the ground sheepishly before Borscht looked up and started talking,

"Well Princess...we ahhhh we had something private to do...no..to talk about, and it didn't take long, ....and after we just sort of ...well forgot and now well here we are. There wasn't no trouble so there wasn't no worries ya see?. That dog was on guard...so he'd have let us know if there be troubles."

Perogy nodded her head in agreement adding,

"Yeah that dog of yours can cover twice as much ground as one of us..and a better job too...eh Borscht?" She elbowed him in the ribs.

Just then Beren and Mist came into view and sat down on the edge of the clearing, Inwe called for Beren to come to her. Bending down she rubbed his massive head and told him,

"Good boy Beren, you and your mate Mist did a wonderful job of guarding the camp...no thanks to Borshct" Who she frowned at before getting up. Get yourselves some breakfast and before we break camp I want to have a little talk with the two of you."

With that said she turned and walked towards Ello and Vala looking for a hot drink to warm herself with. She was glad to see that not only was there a hot drink waiting for her but breakfast was cooking too.
 
Ello handed Inwe a cup of Royas and a plate of eggs and breakfast sausage.

“Good morning … I overheard your conversation with our troll friends. May I make a suggestion?” Ello asked.

Inwe smiled, she knew Ello was about to suggest something interesting. “Please” she answered him.

“Well since the dogs did all the work last night … as punishment perhaps the trolls should carry the dogs today. It seems fitting.” Ello suggested. “We just need to rearrange some of the food in their packs. The dogs can even stick their heads out of the packs. It should be fun for them!”

“Excellent Idea.” Inwe agreed.

The camp was taken down and they were off. The group made exceptional time as going down a mountain was almost always faster than going up. The dogs LOVED the ride. Their tongues out … wind blowing in their hair. They also got some sleep this way and could be more effective on watch. The trolls thought it sucked ... but they did not bitch too much.

By late in the afternoon they had reached the low foot hills … and began to look for a good place to set up a camp. Ello was determined to find something defensible. Which they finally did among a series of trees. Basically the trees grew so close together on three sides of the camp ... they were protected. Loose rocks from a large rock slide were on the fourth side. Anyone coming from that direction would make a lot of noise going over those rocks. This would Hopefully wake up the camp. It was a good spot.

After the camp was set up … Nauditav went over to Inwe.

“I have something to ask you” He said.

“What is it?” Inwe asked.

“It is a little embarrassing … I would like to change my appearance but I’m not sure what would look good. Could you help me?” He asked. Inwe eye brows rose up. “What are you asking?” She said.

“Well … I always dress in this black outfit … with the skull belt. It is designed to produce fear. But I’m no longer that person. I would like to add color. Something more friendly. This is not only for a new image, but in case hostile Narkoos show up … I want to make sure I don’t get shot or stabbed by accident. Can you help me?” He asked.

Vala and Perogy overheard his question and were ready to give their advice as well.
 
Once the camp was set up Inwe got herself some well earned piping hot Royas, found a place by a tree and sat herself down, taking Eirlian out and placing it beside her. As she leaned against the trunk of the tree sipping her drink Nauditav spotted her and with a determined look in his eyes he made his way over to her. He stopped a few feet away looked around and too sat down so he could be on a better level with her. He wanted to make her comfortable, thought this was the best way before stating what was on his mind. Inwe took another sip of her drink and waited.

“I have something to ask you”

He was a little hesitant about what he wanted to say, so she patiently probed until finally he was able to get it all out. Meanwhile both Perogy and Vala had noticed from afar the two of them talking so had edged in close enough to overhear what Nauditav was saying.

Once he finally got it out, Inwe nodded her head in understanding.

"Yes Nauditav I can understand your concerns about this subject."

She looked over at the nosey pair not far off and added,

"Since you two have overheard our conversation maybe you have some thoughts?"

Vala blushed at being caught eavesdropping, but Perogy had no such qualms she gave a lopsided grin before joining Inwe and Nauditav. Vala was right by her side sitting down next to the trollette. Perogy looked as the Narkoos and asked,

"First of all, can we call you...Naud for short? It would be a good start to the new and improved you."

Nauditav nodded in acceptance of his new nickname. Everyone smiled, as Vala then piped in,

"OK...I have some ideas for you...since your pretty tall, your new clothes should be more like say... robes like wizards wear. That kind of style. We have extra blankets, why don't Perogy and I see what we can come up with?"

Perogy totally agreed with Vala's suggestion, they got up and went in search of the blankets. Inwe and Naud made small talk, just getting to know each other when about 20 minutes later Perogy and Vala came back with some different colored blankets, making Inwe frown,

"I hope you haven't left somebody in the cold for the night?"

Both of them shook their heads, Vala said,

"No, we only took the extras, and after we are done, there should be some to take back. I am thinking two maybe 3 is all we will need for the robe I have in mind. Right Perogy?"

They got Naud to stand up, draping different color of blankets on his tall frame. In the end it came down to a blue or red one. The girls even managed to get hoods attached, standing back they both smiled in satisfaction at their handywork. Naud choose the blue one, being quite happy with it, he thanked the women before retiring to his bedroll. Inwe turned to Perogy and Vala,

"I am proud of you both for what you have done for Naud, we all want to belong, and now I feel that we are finally a fine loyal group that can rely on each other. And Perogy, if you want time with Borscht again, you don't have to sneak off like you did, just let someone know you will be busy for awhile. I think we can accommodate you most times. With that being said, excuse me I'm ready to turn in for the night."

Picking up Eirlian, she got up walked over to put her mug by the fire before making sure the guards for the night were in place. Finally she went to her sleeping area laid down, thinking about the day, before closing her eyes and falling soundly asleep. Perogy and Vala soon followed Inwe going to their sleeping areas as well. Perogy had hers near Borscht's, Vala's was not too far from Ello. Soon the camp was quiet for the night.
 

Attachments

  • g0073105b.jpg
    g0073105b.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 4
  • g0111103b.jpg
    g0111103b.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
In the middle of the night … it started to rain. Not a nice cool refreshing rain … one that would be welcomed on a hot day. No! … This was a cold wet unpleasant rain. Those in the tents kept pretty dry … although some drops of rain still entered through seems in the tent material.

It was everyone on guard duty that got cold and very wet. Rain like this was common for the Shadow Mountains …as the clouds piled up against the steep mountain slopes. The questing group had actually been pretty lucky so far. But the luck had run out and now … they were getting a nice cold wake up shower.

The questing group was not the only ones getting wet. Lurking in the forests of Shadow Mountains was the real threat to the group. A menace to everything that had encountered this threat. The trail of dead and tortured victims behind this threat was a testament to the danger. The threat was a team of one Nakoos, one Covah (changeling) and 10 ghostly spirits.

The sadistic Nakoos leader was named Sluglic. Water dripped off his jet back cloak as he looked over to the Covah … “Daxfar my brother (Daxfar was the changeling’s name) tonight we’ll have the sword and that elven princess bitch! … I will take control of her mind … so that you can fuck her over and over. She will be your willing sex slave! When you are done with her … I want to eat her brain!! … I can taste that juicy brain already … my belly can’t wait!”

Daxfar looked back to the Nakoos “Don’t call me your brother …this is an alliance … we are allies not family members!” Daxfar sneered back to Sluglic

The tentacles around Sluglic’s mouth separated showing off his peak like teeth. It was a Nakoos version of a smile. “Daxfar … you should hope we are family members …as Nakoos do not eat family members!!”

Daxfar said nothing back to continue the argument … there was no point. He glanced over to the Kildugs … sinister spectral figures robed in darkness. The things had no visible appendages except for the red glow of their eyes. “What about the Kildugs (ghostly spirits) … what is their reward for completing this task?” He asked.

“Oh they are just evil spirits … sucking the life force out of all those guarding the sword will be reward enough!’ Sluglic answered.

“Are you going to fight this time … or hang back as always?” Daxfar said.

“Nakoos are not fighters … you know that!” Sluglic stated … “However, I will need to be in the middle of this battle. I’ll be countering the other Nakoos.” He explained.

Daxfar nodded … and the attack group moved forward slowly. The rain gave them great cover … the dogs could not smell them… and no sounds of their approach could be heard as the rain masked it.

They quietly snuck up on the camp. Getting closer and closer
 
Attack in the Night!

When Inwe had made herself comfortable in her tent, she had laid Eirlian by her head, so if needed, she could quickly grab it. She fell asleep, but it wasn't restful, she kept dreaming that she and her people were in danger. She woke up several times, and listened, but couldn't hear anything out of the ordinary, but the steady sound of the rain hitting the tent could have hidden most sounds. She moved the sword closer and kept her hand on it.

Meanwhile the ten Kildugs silently surrounded the sleeping camp. Two of them got close enough to start to envelope two guards. The poor elves didn't feel anything except suddenly they felt so tired that they could no longer stand up. Both sunk to the ground and were completely hidden by the black shadow of the Kildugs. The rest of them moved towards the of the tents and two other guards.

Seeing two of the four guards out of the way, Daxfar looked at Sluglic and signaled him to come closer now. Once they were side by side, Sluglic whispered,

"You go find the princess and get that sword, I can now see the Nakoos....he looks like a renegade to our kind in that shroud he has on his body. I will sneak up and take over his mind. Hurry up, we need to get these two under our control before the rest of the camp is alerted." Daxfar nodded his head, changed his appearance to match one of the guards and strolled towards the tent that contained Inwe.

Inwe had slipped into another uneasy sleep when her eyes opened once again, this time she felt the danger was real not imagined at all. She blinked her eyes looking around the dark tent. That is when she noticed the sword was much warmer then her hand. She looked at it as she lifted it up, in her mind she got the message; ( The camp is under attack, hurry before it is too late!) Inwe jumped up just as one of the guard elves entered her tent. The sword glowed in her hands as she pointed it towards him.

"Who are you? Never mind...back out of this tent or I will run you through!" The guard tried to look innocent lifting his empty hands in the air,but backed out the way he came in. Once Inwe was outside the tent, still pointing the sword at the elf ,she took the small horn she had always carried and blew into it, signaling the alarm. At that moment the elf lunged at her, changing at the same time. He was suddenly a huge troll and was easily able to knock the sword out of her hand and pin her arms with one huge arm, while holding a dagger at her throat.

When the alarm was heard, everyone woke up instantly alert. Borscht and Perogy saw the elf change into a troll, they looked at each other shouting, "Changling" at the same time. They jumped up getting ready for battle, they could see the black shadows coming near, they made ready with their daggers, positioning themselves back to back.

Ello and Vala too made ready for the fight of their lives, positioning themselves like the trolls, back to back swords pointing outwards.
 
Nauditav

Naud was awake … he listened to the rain tap against his blue cloak. He reached out and touched the material of his sieve… he felt it. His new cloak made him happy. His … he was not sure what to call them … “friends” he thought … that is what he should call them. His “friends” Perogy and Vala made it for him. He had not used mind control to order them to do it. They had done it on their own … because they “liked” him?

The definition of a “friend” was a person attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard. He, Nauditav, “belong” in this group. They were his friends.

This thought made Naud happy …"to belong". It made Naud happy to be happy. He thought that was weird … happy to be happy. For some reason he did not think being happy was something Nakoos were very often. Nevertheless he was happy. And he was happy he had taken the vow to help Inwe and to protect Inwe and the group to the best of his ability, until he either he no longer was needed or he was sent from this world to his ancestors. That was what "friends" did.

Naud thoughts had distracted him … it allowed Sluglic to get close enough to try to take over Naud mind. Nakoos never did this to other Nakoos … not because they could not … they could … but it was considered a most heinous of crimes. Even when at war with each other … Nakoos did not do this. But Sluglic thought the more heinous, dreadful, atrocious, and scandalous acts he did ...the better. He never really liked Nakoos society.

Sluglic bulbous eyes, black and deep narrowed as his mind control spell was cast. His four octopus-like tentacles that hung around his lamprey's mouth wiggled and squirmed … getting ready to suck the living brain of Naud out of his head.

But Naud heard the horn of alarm… and then felt the control spell. He had a split second … but that was enough to deflect the spell. He turned on Sluglic and launched a Mind Blast squarely at the other Nakoos. The mental shockwave stunned the evil mind of Sluglic … and caused Sluglic to stumble backwards.

Naud glanced about and saw the Kildugs floating around the camp and a troll holding a dagger to Inwe's throat. He jumped up and yelled racing toward her … his friend, his vow, his happiness all was threatened by that troll … he used all his mental energy to cast a massive mind blast at the troll … a mental shockwave that was so powerful it would even work on troll!! (note: Daxfar was a troll but mentally he was still a changeling … his troll body would give him no additional protection). The shockwave cone would of course encompass Inwe as well. But Naud thought even stunned she was safer … then with a dagger to her throat.

Sluglic

Sluglic groaned in pain … as he had fallen backwards … momentarily helplessly. But he was surprised the traitor Nakoos did not finish him off … this was a huge mistake as Sluglic got back on his feet and got ready to stun the traitor with his mind blast. He would enjoy feasting on the traitor's brain!

But this was not Sluglic lucky night. Just as he got ready to cast the mind blast something leapt on him…it was Beren! He had a hold of one of Sluglic’s mouth tentacles … as Sluglic yelled “Stupid Dog!!” and tried to bite at Beren with his lamprey's mouth. Another large animal pounced on the evil nakoos … it was Mist!

What does a Kildug taste like?

Four of the Kildugs mind slaves …circled Borscht and Perogy. Suddenly they all moved in to attack. Perogy slammed down her fist on one of the shadow creatures and yelled “Perogy NO LIKE YOU” … there was a “screech” and the thing was no more. But the other one touched her … and she felt some of her life force leave her. She felt suddenly very weak ... falling to the ground.

Borscht was attacked at the same time … he crushed one Kildug with both hands. The other one was headed directly at his head … So Borscht took a big bit out of the creature. “YUCK … BORSCHT THINKS THESE THINGS HAVE NO TASTE!!”

When he heard Perogy’s gasp … he turned and swatted the last Kildug away with a powerful back hand. The thing just “SPLATTED” on the back of his hand and was gone.

"Stay away from the light!"

Another 4 Kildugs had been attacking Ello and Vala. But both of them were standing back to back and the things could not get close with the defending swords. The creatures could tell getting past Ello was not possible … so they all concentrated on Vala. But this would turn out to be a fatal mistake. As Ello pulled out his bow and 4 arrows later … the Kildugs were no more.

The last two Kildugs had been attacking Htaed. They also could not get through his sword thrusts and blocks. That was when Htaed realized they were not trying to kill them … just prevent them from defending Inwe. He changed tactics and his body changed into a fire elemental! The rain drops suddenly hurt his fiery body … but he did not care. The forest camp site was lite up with the light produced by his flaming body. Kildugs could not stand bright lights … and the remaining Kildugs screamed in pain and dissipated.
 
Back
Top