The Isolated Blurt BDSM Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
*whines* I fell this morning. My son was sleeping next to me, and I tripped over his blanket, and fell almost flat on my face. I hit the corner of my dresser with my left arm, and banged up my knee pretty good. Not to mention that I have rug burn and no fun memories to go with it. :mad: The biggest problem is my right shoulder, though. I put my arm out to break my fall, and now my shoulder f'ing hurts. Through Vicodin it f'ing hurts. I went to the ER, and they did xrays and said it's not broke, but that won't show things like rotator cuff problems, and if it's still hurting me on Monday to call my primary.

:mad:

I'm glad it's not broke, but I want to know FOR SURE that nothings wrong. And I'm so PISSED at myself for falling AGAIN (I tripped over a step yesterday morning and scraped up my hand). I do not have the flipping time to be unable to use my arm!:mad:

Maybe I should have put this in the rant thread. But seriously! :mad::mad:

*whines* I fell this morning. My son was sleeping next to me, and I tripped over his blanket, and fell almost flat on my face. I hit the corner of my dresser with my left arm, and banged up my knee pretty good. Not to mention that I have rug burn and no fun memories to go with it. :mad: The biggest problem is my right shoulder, though. I put my arm out to break my fall, and now my shoulder f'ing hurts. Through Vicodin it f'ing hurts. I went to the ER, and they did xrays and said it's not broke, but that won't show things like rotator cuff problems, and if it's still hurting me on Monday to call my primary.

:mad:

I'm glad it's not broke, but I want to know FOR SURE that nothings wrong. And I'm so PISSED at myself for falling AGAIN (I tripped over a step yesterday morning and scraped up my hand). I do not have the flipping time to be unable to use my arm!:mad:

Maybe I should have put this in the rant thread. But seriously! :mad::mad:

I'm so sorry, gracie. :rose:

*Sends more Vicodin and miracle chocolate that doesn't disagree with you*

Keep a watch on your shoulder, please ma'am. Lots of times, doctors aren't as diligent as they should be with shoulder injuries. Once the initial "FML, that hurts!" pain goes away, if you find that you have a hard time lifting your arm above your head without blinding pain, go back to the doctor. That's a sure sign of rotator cuff problems.

I'm so sorry, gracie. :rose:

*Sends more Vicodin and miracle chocolate that doesn't disagree with you*

Keep a watch on your shoulder, please ma'am. Lots of times, doctors aren't as diligent as they should be with shoulder injuries. Once the initial "FML, that hurts!" pain goes away, if you find that you have a hard time lifting your arm above your head without blinding pain, go back to the doctor. That's a sure sign of rotator cuff problems.

Thank you. *hugs*

Yeah, that's what the ER doctor told me. I was strangely impressed with the ER doctor, but they seemed pretty dead so maybe it's cause he actually had the time to spend on me. He said that they could only xray for now, but if it's still bugging me on Monday to make an appointment with my primary. He also showed me some stretches that won't injure it worse, but will keep it from freezing in place.

guess not! :eek:
...yet

SO close ~ but I'm giving up for the night!
Thanks, buds, *blows kisses*
:kiss:

Feel better, gracie hunny!
:rose:

Last edited:
Also, I love Batman.

You?
189DE894-821C-486B-8AD3-9DF24D23F0FD-14244-00000BE2C56428F2.jpg

I just paid 24 euros (~$31) for 330 ml (~11 oz) of beer. So worth it. Westvleteren 12 :heart:

Cheap as good drugs go!

I thought so too. And it's not every day that Westvleteren 12 is on the menu, so there was no way I was going to pass the opportunity, even though 24 euros for a small bottle of beer is pretty steep.

But yeah, I really understand now why Westvleteren 12 is said to be the best beer in the whole world. The taste was so complex and delicate, yet it completely filled my mouth, and it had just the perfect amount of tanginess from alcohol and hops... Easily the best beer I've ever had!

I often find trappist beers a bit too sweet and somehow too full bodied for my taste, but this was just heavenly. And it even came with a story: normally the monastery doesn't sell it outside very often and definitely not in large quantities, but a while back a roof collapsed there, so they made more beer and sell it to get money for the repairs.

I thought so too. And it's not every day that Westvleteren 12 is on the menu, so there was no way I was going to pass the opportunity, even though 24 euros for a small bottle of beer is pretty steep.

But yeah, I really understand now why Westvleteren 12 is said to be the best beer in the whole world. The taste was so complex and delicate, yet it completely filled my mouth, and it had just the perfect amount of tanginess from alcohol and hops... Easily the best beer I've ever had!

I often find trappist beers a bit too sweet and somehow too full bodied for my taste, but this was just heavenly. And it even came with a story: normally the monastery doesn't sell it outside very often and definitely not in large quantities, but a while back a roof collapsed there, so they made more beer and sell it to get money for the repairs.
So they're selfish bastids who missed the "sharing" day in kindergarten, and keep most of "the good stuff" for themselve, hmm?

So they're selfish bastids who missed the "sharing" day in kindergarten, and keep most of "the good stuff" for themselve, hmm?

Oh, I didn't mean to imply they don't sell it at all. Yes, they sell it. But one person can only buy one crate (24 bottles) every 60 days, and you have to reserve it well before you go there. They don't want their stuff to be resold, so they keep the quantities they sell very low.

But now, because of the roof that needed fixing, they have sold larger quantities and approved reselling, so it really was an exceptional bottle I got in my small local watering hole.

The demand for their beer has been increasing for many years, but they're keeping the production volumes steady (=low) and only sell enough to keep their monastery functioning.

imagesqtbnANd9GcRZ3UerHhNj7CH3wlnai.jpg

It took a while to percolate through, but I just realized that Spring Break has begun in some parts of the world. :rolleyes: Thus, an increased number of idiots and idiotic thread topics.

.... only sell enough to keep their monastery functioning.
I thought, once or twice upon a time, of entering a monastery, a la Odd Thomas, but realized they'd probably have Lit blocked, and I couldn't stand the thought of being separated from my friends. :D

So, I could title this past weekend: Suck On That Nature vs Nurture.

For the first time in my life, I spent time with both my half-sister and half-brother together, both of whom I met late in life, both of whom I had spent less than a few hours with previously. I'll call them Joe and Jane, and I can say that we all share the same mother but Joe and Jane are one year apart in age and share the same father, as well.

Though raised by different parents, and with ten years difference between us, Joe and I could have been twins. Our life paths have so many similarities it's uncanny, the way we think is nearly identical, we laugh at the same jokes, like the same food, and on and on it goes. (We are both diehard Star Wars fans and we both love MMA, which is kind of fun :).)

Jane, on the other hand, is my exact opposite. On every level, we struggled to find common ground this weekend. Our time together felt forced and awkward. About the only real thing we share is anemia. In fact, I'd say I have less in common with Jane than I do with the non-genetically related sister I grew up with.

Anyway, for me it was an interesting firsthand look at the role genetics and parenting plays, (or does not play), in personality.

So, I could title this past weekend: Suck On That Nature vs Nurture.

For the first time in my life, I spent time with both my half-sister and half-brother together, both of whom I met late in life, both of whom I had spent less than a few hours with previously. I'll call them Joe and Jane, and I can say that we all share the same mother but Joe and Jane are one year apart in age and share the same father, as well.

Though raised by different parents, and with ten years difference between us, Joe and I could have been twins. Our life paths have so many similarities it's uncanny, the way we think is nearly identical, we laugh at the same jokes, like the same food, and on and on it goes. (We are both diehard Star Wars fans and we both love MMA, which is kind of fun :).)

Jane, on the other hand, is my exact opposite. On every level, we struggled to find common ground this weekend. Our time together felt forced and awkward. About the only real thing we share is anemia. In fact, I'd say I have less in common with Jane than I do with the non-genetically related sister I grew up with.

Anyway, for me it was an interesting firsthand look at the role genetics and parenting plays, (or does not play), in personality.

Interesting.

:answering machine beep:
Hi Pop Music, this is Country Music. I uh, well, we were wondering if you wanted to trade. We would take Kelley Clarkson and we would let you have Taylor Swift *and* Carrie Underwood, two for one style. So, uh, just let us know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back