Life Found Six Miles Above the Earth!

Hello Summer!
From here:
For the first time, scientists have found lifeforms where nobody thought it was possible: floating in the troposphere, the slice of the atmosphere approximately four to six miles (eight to 15 kilometers) above Earth's surface. And not just a tiny few, but lot: 20% of every particle in that atmospheric layer are living organisms.

This has profound implications for our understanding of weather, the spread of disease, and life on other planets.

Scientists previously believed that all the suspended particles in this part of the atmosphere were dust and salt, but this new study—"the first of its kind" say the researchers—demonstrates that life can exist in places that we couldn't imagine, under such extreme conditions, living and feeding.
There's your sci-fi plot bunny for the day! :cattail:

From here:

There's your sci-fi plot bunny for the day! :cattail:

Sounds like life is capable of evolving almost anywhere... oops! I used the e-word. I hope there are no creationistas or (un)intelligent designers on Literotica.

Intelligent Design is perfectly logical. It just requires a Divine Intelligence so far above ours that we can't detect it. Anyone who believes they can detect the hand of God at work has to limited a vision of God. I refuse to worship any deity I can detect and claim to understand.;)

Intelligent Design is perfectly logical. It just requires a Divine Intelligence so far above ours that we can't detect it. Anyone who believes they can detect the hand of God at work has to limited a vision of God. I refuse to worship any deity I can detect and claim to understand.;)

Irreducible complexity—a cornerstone of ID theory—is flawed logically and scientifically. Creationists and Intelligent Designers are using science to answer the wrong question. Science answers the question how; whereas, religions answers the question why. This is explains how and why brilliant physicists can also be religious (aside from Richard Dawkins). Current Chaos Theory asserts that there is little to no chaos, just an unperceived pattern. Understanding the hows of the universe does not diminish its wonderment for me. Why can't the mechanism that creates life be both random and divine at the same time?

Understanding the hows of the universe does not diminish its wonderment for me. Why can't the mechanism that creates life be both random and divine at the same time?
Oh, good grief! YAWN folks. Can we get back to LIFE SIX MILES ABOVE THE EARTH and leave the hand-of-god out of it? I'm so fucking sick of such discussions threadjacking any new awesome discovery. Who the fuck cares? I sure don't.

Oh, good grief! YAWN folks. Can we get back to LIFE SIX MILES ABOVE THE EARTH and leave the hand-of-god out of it? I'm so fucking sick of such discussions threadjacking any new awesome discovery. Who the fuck cares? I sure don't.

You're AV is so angry. I'm getting a demonic feel from this post.

The discovery is extraordinary.

Oops! Trangressed again, 3113. :caning: Mea culpa. :rose: I think I'm gonna stick to the word games and writer exercises from now on. Some of you guys are way too fierce for me.:eek:

Last edited:
Troposphere? Isn't that the tropical portion of the atmosphere? Everyone there is on vacation from somewhere else. :D

"Life Found Six Miles Above the Earth!"
Is this what getting high is all about?

"As below, so above"? We find life in the rocks thousands of feet down, why not thousands of feet up, as well?

Back