Seperate lesbian & homosexual forums

I don't necessarily want to go away, would just like a bigger representation of other issues... any other issue... something else... How many times does the subject of "straight guy but craves cock" need to come up? I mean, really... get a grip, guys...

I've often thought about starting my own threads, but I'm a pretty well-balanced, experienced (for lack of a better term) lesbian who is in a great relationship. It's kind of hard for me to think of things; I also just like to respond to the posts of others.
 
I don't necessarily want to go away, would just like a bigger representation of other issues... any other issue... something else... How many times does the subject of "straight guy but craves cock" need to come up? I mean, really... get a grip, guys...

I've often thought about starting my own threads, but I'm a pretty well-balanced, experienced (for lack of a better term) lesbian who is in a great relationship. It's kind of hard for me to think of things; I also just like to respond to the posts of others.

no pun intended I am sure!:rolleyes:
 
I for one would gladly start a thread entitled "Face it guys, if you suck cock you're gay" if it would help prevent a migration of Lesbians from the forum.

"Why, I remember the great Lesbian Migration of 2008... Nothing but Lesbians from horizon to horizon, and the earth trembled at their passing. It's a sight I'll take with me to the grave."

:D
 
"...Why, I remember the great Lesbian Migration of 2008... Nothing but Lesbians from horizon to horizon, and the earth trembled at their passing. It's a sight I'll take with me to the grave."

:D

I was in P-town (Provincetown, Massachusetts, USA) about 5 years ago. I had a business trip and was allowed to fly in Friday before it started. I don't have a real interest in touring big cities, so once I landed in Boston, I took my rental car all the way to Cape Cod where P-town is located. P-town is known as a popular place for gay people -- especially lesbians. What I didn't know was that it was women's week. I'm a tight wad, so I stayed at a youth hostel. I was by myself except that the second night I had a Chinese roommate. He was freaking out from all the lesbians. I didn't let on I was gay as I didn't want to add to his hysteria. I'm guessing it was his first trip to America, so he may very well have had too much of a culture shock. I even saw the tail end of a lesbian wedding -- hopefully he didn't... There were THOUSANDS of lesbians of every description: young/old, tall/short, slender/stocky/inbetween, butch/fem/regular, every race, every accent, etc. You could truly tell that labels truly belong on packages of products -- not people, as they were all unique. About the only thing they really had in common from my observation was that most of them seemed VERY happy. There were lots of smiling, cheerful, laughing lesbians. I'm guessing it may have been because it would be one of the few times in their lives when they were in a place where the town was predominately gay and female. They were free to kiss, hold hands, laugh, do whatever they want without having to watch their backs for fear of what others would say or how they would react. The only thing that stood out strange in my mind about the crowd was that there were several women who had broken bones -- either a leg in crutches or an arm in a cast. This made me wonder if perhaps there are many lesbians who don't get enough calcium in their diet. Again, this was no HUGE number, but I just saw what appeared to be more broken limbs than I had seen in the general population.

I felt a bit alone because I tend to be kind of shy and didn't know anybody anyway. Nevertheless, I enjoyed observing other people being happy. The one thing I was a bit disappointed with was that so many of the shops that catered to gays had the same thing over and over again. I'm not into buying that stuff as I always try to pass as straight. However, it would have been nice to think that there was more variety. For those that do by gay stuff, just how many rainbow rings, scarves, flags, etc can you possibly want? Actually, I did like some of the lesbian stuff -- Rosie the Riveter (WWII) pins and Xena/Gabrielle T-shirts. Actually, all I ended up getting was a WWII gas mask. It wasn't anything sexual or something I collect. Rather, I got it as a gag (no pun intended) gift.
 
I like being around lesbians; it's nice to know that there are people out there who feel similarly to me and have maybe had some similar experiences.

Being a human, I like being around other humans and comparing our feelings and experiences.

That is why the GBLT room is so frustrating. It's become NOT a GBLT room, but a guys who like (whether they admit it or not) to suck cock room.

In any case, I would like to go to P-town someday...
 
Again, all I can say is...if you don't like the threads you se here, start some other ones. I do agree with you guys, this is a "omg should I or shouldn't I suck some dick" board, but it's up to us to change it.
 
Again, all I can say is...if you don't like the threads you se here, start some other ones. I do agree with you guys, this is a "omg should I or shouldn't I suck some dick" board, but it's up to us to change it.

It's gotta be hell for the hermaphrodite members, though. Talk about being stuck in the middle! :D
 
I think it would be cute to set up a forum called Narnia for the guys who are still in the closet... and then move all their threads there.
Hopefully they'd get the message :D
 
Again, all I can say is...if you don't like the threads you se here, start some other ones. I do agree with you guys, this is a "omg should I or shouldn't I suck some dick" board, but it's up to us to change it.

Well if it was such an ambrosia as these guys claim, then there would be very few overweight gay, bi, and str8-but... guys.

Nevertheless, we make things what they are by either taking them in that direction or by letting others take them in a direction we would rather it not go.

I do think if I recall correctly, sometimes the problems with the non-craving threads is that inevitably someone says something right down rude. I think I remember a bi-gal/lesbian thread a while back. Some str8 (supposedly) gay-friendly guy was asking why lesbians were so rude/stand-offish. I don't know if he had a bad experience with an interaction with a lesbian or whether he was just bating to see who would loose their temper. It may not have been a craving/obsessing thread, but it isn't very refreshing given its negative tone.

-----------------

IF I were a lesbian (my own opinion) and wanted interesting threads, I think I would like something positive. Maybe mention achievements by under-recognized lesbians. I think that would be positive as well as informative even for us guys. Sure we all know about the ones that make the media -- Ellen, K.D Lang, Melissa Etheridge, but what about the every day lesbians who touch someone's life?

Here is an everyday person who before she died made an impression:

Dr. Lydia Moore who died 14-Aug-1994 at the age of 38. (It took me forever to find anything since it was so long ago. It is just coincidence that the anniversary of her accident is today.) I never knew the lady, but her story stood out in my mind because she died in an auto accident near where I grew up. Plus her work was in Kansas City which is the nearby metropolitan area for me. It made front page news at the time -- not because she was a lesbian, but because she had done so much for others. They make you buy the archived article, so I'll just put the part that was free:

" She was a physician who was probably close to the ideal Americans dream about: good at her profession, dedicated and committed even to those patients unable to pay. Perhaps most of all, as one patient explained, "She healed with love. She didn't just use medicine. " Dr. Lydia Moore, 38, died Sunday in a car accident. She was on her first real vacation in nine years since she bought Family Health Services, Inc., 1401 Southwest Blvd, Kansas City, MO.

Here was a bit more from: http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1141/is_n38_v30/ai_15834100

"... Lydia Moore was a physician in Kansas City, Kan., who served the city's indigent in the clinic she owned and ran. She recently died in an auto accident on the way home from vacation, the first she had taken since buying the practice nine years ago.

Moore, a Quaker, acted on her religious convictions in a radical way. The whole city mourned her death. The Kansas City Star printed an editorial appreciation of her life of work with the poor.

When the clinic opened she paid herself about $5 an hour. At the time she died, she was paying herself $10.50 an hour. In return, she gave herself selflessly to the city's poor and outcast.

Moore was also openly lesbian.

It is an easy assumption that we all -- whatever our sexual orientation -- could learn from her example about living the Christian gospels.

She may have been sexually and economically unproductive by the religious right's standards, but she was productive beyond measure.

Gays and lesbians should not have to live in fear of vilification. How much more valuable the conference would have been had the religious right invited Lydia Moore and other gays and lesbians to engage in a conversation. We all might have been enlightened about what it means to be gay and lesbian and in search of a spiritual home and community.

We hope we have contributed a tiny first step in engaging that conversation with the essays by gays and lesbians in this edition.

We all stand to lose a bit of our humanity if the religious right's agenda is allowed to take hold in our churches and communities. Beware when the anti-gay campaign reaches town. The language will be scrubbed to be suitable for general consumption, but the motives that propel the campaign remain a sinister mix of fear and hate..."

This is from: http://www.itvs.org/external/Positive/prog1.html


"Harry and Dr. Lydia
Producer/Director: Ellen Spiro

Harry lives in the rural community of Wagner, Kansas. Harry believes that his life has improved since meeting Dr. Lydia Moore and attending her family practice clinic outside of Kansas City, although he travels two hours to get there. "People need to know they're loved and being listened to," says Dr. Lydia. "And their family, whether it be their biological family or their chosen family, all of those people are important to include in their health care. Without that, all the pills and potions in the world aren't going to do them much good." [Note: Lydia Moore, MD, died in an auto accident in 1994.]"

I think that there is a non-profit Kansas City based health project for lesbians that was continued or started after her death, but I found so little out about it from googling.

Anyway, perhaps if someone else lives in this area and gets on this forum they can fill in the gaps. All I will add is that whatever the afterlife is about, I trust she is happy. From what I gather second hand, she was a very kind, selfless person who happened to be lesbian...

--------------------------

What about other lesbians that may not be famous but that have in the past or present touched you or the lives of others that don't get the recognition that they deserve? I think such a tread would be a positive one.
 
Gosh, I'm not sure if I should feel guilty, offended, happy that you're all talking about something other than sucking cock, or bummed out that I'm not a lesbian.

I'm one of the guys who occasionally posts in the "love to suck cock" threads. I've even started a couple. Mostly, it's just fun and sexy. But I do post in and start threads of other topics as well. I feel kinda guilty because I didn't realize the volume of man-sex discussions was excluding those who wanted to talk about other issues. I think the separate News and Issues forum was a good thing, but it does seem to have left the GLBT Chatter a bit... vacant.

I have to come out as being against a separate forum for lesbians. I really enjoy the interaction with women, and would like to continue to interact with them without feeling unwelcome as I would in lesbian-only forum.

Perhaps instead of starting the News and Issues as a separate forum, we should have moved Love to Suck Cock to a separate forum?

:rose:
 
That's a better idea. I mean, take a look at the GLBT forum right now... look how many "sucking cock" threads there are. When did cocksucking become such a huge thing? Sex is sex, isn't it? Englighten me, I'm really asking.
 
The whole tone of the board doesn't seem to match it's intended audience, gloriann. As most of these posts are from people who say they are "straight" I think they ought to be moved from the GLBT Chatter forum to one where other "straights" will read them and can give their opinions.
 
Last edited:
The whole tone of the board doesn't seem to match it's intended audience, gloriann. As most of these posts are from people who say they are "straight" I think they ought to be moved from the GLBT Chatter forum to one where other "straights" will read them and can give their opinions.
Now now, straight people are allowed here too! The "B" doesn't just mean bisexual, it can mean bi-curious too. There is no "intended audience" in terms of sexuality, it's only in terms of activity. And honestly if a guy wants to suck off another guy, well, that's homosexual contact, so it belongs here.

And as I've said so many times before, the board is what you make it. This thread is chock-full of people sitting around griping, but I'm subscribed to the whole board, and I haven't seen a single new thread made for lesbian discussion.
 
The whole tone of the board doesn't seem to match it's intended audience, gloriann. As most of these posts are from people who say they are "straight" I think they ought to be moved from the GLBT Chatter forum to one where other "straights" will read them and can give their opinions.

No thanks. The GB is already Lit's dumpster. We don't need any more idiotic threads.
 
The whole tone of the board doesn't seem to match it's intended audience, gloriann.

I agree. GLBT Chatter is supposed to be "Discussion of non-straight sexuality and life." I don't think the intent was to be a pseudo-porn site for folks to type sexy messages with one hand. I see fewer and fewer real discussions, and more of the other. Yes, there seems to be a predominance of men discussing what turns them on, describing in great detail their fantasies and egging each other on to tell sexy stories. Men do that. As for the men who claim they are straight but like to suck cock, I think they're allowed to identify with any sexuality they choose. I thought for a long time that I was straight but liked to suck cock. I thought my choices in same-sex partners was a weakness of character and still identified with heterosexuality because I wasn't romantically attracted to men. That's all changed for me, and to a great extent because of Literotica discussions, soul-searching and talking through my thoughts with others. So maybe these guys are just starting out on their journeys into sexual discovery. I say we give 'em a break, but every now and then someone ought to moderate their discussions back to the real issues (like why they think they're "straight" when they enjoy sex with the same gender). Maybe they truly are heterosexual, but straight? I'd say not, but that's my opinion.

At any rate, these things seem to happen in cycles. I log on for a few days in a row about every couple of months. One month, I might find a lot of disussions between women about women issues. Another month it might be then men's turn... people tune in and get involved when they see things that interest them. If they don't see anything good, they move on. Right now it seems like the men are having a good time getting each other off and talking about things they like to do. I think as a community, we have a responsibility to guide discussions into what's relevant. A "love-to-suck-cock" thread or two is fine with me... but let's also talk about why and what it means and what you're gonna do with your discovery.

As most of these posts are from people who say they are "straight" I think they ought to be moved from the GLBT Chatter forum to one where other "straights" will read them and can give their opinions.

On the other hand, the GLBT Chatter thread wants you to "Find support and friends." I hardly think a "straight" person who likes to suck cock (or lick pussy, for that matter) would find support and friends on a thread targeted for heterosexuals.

Folks, these people are dealing with some real issues in their life. They're completely alone... can't talk to heteros about it and the GLBT think they're in denial or just wierd. Yeah, they're having fun talking sexy to each other. But they're connecting. I say we help them connect, but at the same time, we give them more discussions to participate in than just sex.

:rose:
 
I'll drag out Ye Olde Creation Story again. In 2003, when I asked Laurel for a gay board, she offered to let me moderate it, and I'm the one who picked the subtitle for the main page. For about a month I tried to be all in charge and direct where threads should go, what fluff was allowed, etc. I got the smackdown from the Lit community so bad my ears were ringing. So I learned to take a hands-off approach.

You see, I tried to control the porn-y nature of the board. But this is Lit, and people WANT to talk about sex. A very large number of people don't even like that we have non-sexy threads from time to time. They think if we want to talk about something other than sex, we should go somewhere that isn't a sex site.

That's why I created the news and issues forum. If you don't like seeing all the sex threads, don't go into main GLBT. I do monitor both and I move genuine issue threads over here. If all you want to talk about is real issues, this is the forum to watch. I wish it could be the other way around, but that would involve a massive restructuring and retraining.

I care a lot about this board. It's the best I can make it. The rest has to come from you.
 
M, I hope you didn't think I was implying that you should have to moderate. I'm suggesting that maybe we as a community should all pitch in and make this forum what we want it to be. I do participate in the the sex talk, and it's kinda fun sometimes.

So I'm not trying to be a hypocrite either. I love this site because it has the best of everything... connection with like-minded people, a chance for me to explore and discuss what interests me sexually, and discusion of issues that affect all of us.

Just remember, I'm still a fervent member of the Etoile fan club. You rock, and I'll never forget that you were a major influence in my exploration of my own sexuality a couple years ago. Gotta run... class in 20 minutes.

:heart:
 
Okay, the General Board should be spared from these threads. (It really is hard to put across irony in a post.)

Perhaps some gentle nudges are required to steer people towards the richness of genuine erotic expression as compared to some of it's baser forms. Or maybe in the end the animal instincts win out.

As for the bi-curious, I don't know if you have noticed, but I have participated in threads where posters have been trying to come to terms with their own sexuality and desires, and tried to give support and advice. I know what it's like to feel alone and confused about matters of both sexuality, and gender.

Finally, as for moving issues threads here, I hope you do more of that so the 'interesting' threads don't disappear off the front page. I know it's easy to click onto the other pages, but casual readers might not do that and miss out on topics that might enlighten them.
 
PhoebeGB,

I quoted your post only so that readers could follow my train of thought (sometimes my brain starts going in different directions and doesn't realize that other people can't hear me think before I speak, so I come off sounding random).

I'll acknowledge that as a valued member of this community, you're making a conscious effort to contribute and engage constructively.

I'll also acknowledge that sometimes my contributions are purely self-gratifying, and pledge to be more conscientious in the future.
 
I've been thinking about this question of separate Forums;
Seems to me that in fact it would be nice if there were separate forums for each group under the banner of GLBT. Often I hear that we're a "community" facing the same issues, etc. And of course at some level that is true. However, I have also noticed in my time here that there also exists certain underlying animosities between the "groups". And what is unusual about that? Nothing.

I read some all gay forums from time to time and it is clear that many (if not most) gay men find bisexuals to be cowards or game players and they don't want much to do with the bi married man hiding his secret. And actually it seems to me that the GLBT forum has fewer 100% gay men than any other group.

I don't personally get much out of the lesbian threads and very seldom read them. So for me, they simply "clog up" the Forum. Don't take this wrong though, I'm just pointing out that the OP has another side.

I am gratified to see a growing number of trans folk. Hopefully this Forum can become a meaningful resource to that group.

As to the site being predominantly bi men, well that simply reflects the overall numbers in the population. And even though I don't personally find much interest in many of the threads, they too serve a purpose for a large group of men who are also dealing with some real and difficult societal pressures. And I can relate to their need to tell someone how they feel, which is itself somehow freeing and affirmative of their true sexuality (perhaps for the first time in their life).

But, the reality of it is; the overall population of the GLBT is probably not large enough to support such individual threads. It's kinda like this sub-forum, notice how little use it actually gets? And that's with all groups combined reading and contributing to it. Individual Forums are a nice idea, but just not enough people IMO.
 
When we get the separate Lesbian only forum - I don't want to have to post with those goddamned Butch lesbians. I want a lipstick lezzy forum for me and my partner (and those who are exactly like us - although were it up to me, I'd exclude them too).
*cackles*

Try SHOE honey. :)
 
When we get the separate Lesbian only forum - I don't want to have to post with those goddamned Butch lesbians. I want a lipstick lezzy forum for me and my partner (and those who are exactly like us - although were it up to me, I'd exclude them too).

LOL!:D
 
Back
Top