The AH Coffee Shop and Reading Room 02: A Comma (is a Restful Pause)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Father's Day to all the fathers, grandfathers and those that do a father's job. :heart:

Thank you.
I particularly liked "those that do a father's job"
I had a visit from one of mine brought a nice card and was on the scrounge for some tiny fish-hooks, 18-20 ? I cannot even SEE them.

And I'm still melting. Its over 85 ion the shade.
And there's not a lot of shade in my garden at present.

Coffee -- PLEASE

OK. It mid-morning and it's 25°C in the shade.
I begin to understand why some folks have a linen band round their heads.
I got fans on round & about, but it am bloody 'ot.

Tea, I think.
In the garden.

Don't forget your sun-hat.
:)

Get an old bath, fill it with party ice, add a few six packs and climb in with them. So says my partner. I would have no idea of course, Chloe says virtuously.

e7d94bb4fee62ec538a4d6ba7990ae5b.jpg

Just add Handley_Page plus girl in bikini for the perfect Sunday afternoon....

Morning all

Pancakes for breakfast and of course coffee. I'm cooking this morning but I've been assured that I will get an appropriate Father's Day lunch by the ladies. :)

Got some writing done yesterday but I think I'm taking today off.

Get an old bath, fill it with party ice, add a few six packs and climb in with them. So says my partner. I would have no idea of course, Chloe says virtuously.

Just add Handley_Page plus girl in bikini for the perfect Sunday afternoon....

Ah, shades of Nat King Cole.
~. . . Girls in their bikinis
as cute as ever
but they never
get 'em wet . . .

:rose:

I always expected that someone who keeps pet-dragons wouldn't mind a bit of heat... :confused:
The ASCII code for ° is [alt]248

But that's the point. It's all down to 'training'.
My dragon can help you light your cigar without a singed anything.
(I gave up smoking a long time ago, but that's another story).

Oy vey, husband had just finished telling daughter not to scare the cat on mommy's lap with her doll. Then he abruptly rolls across the office in the chair, scaring the crap out of the cat who digs his nails into my leg, jumps up and bolts, dumping my coconut water on my laptop computer, the chair, and me. :rolleyes:

Oy vey, husband had just finished telling daughter not to scare the cat on mommy's lap with her doll. Then he abruptly rolls across the office in the chair, scaring the crap out of the cat who digs his nails into my leg, jumps up and bolts, dumping my coconut water on my laptop computer, the chair, and me. :rolleyes:

LOL I am impressed the laptop is still working.

Memo to self;
Never have liquids, the cat and the laptop in close proximity.
[not that you ever would, o' course]

Morning all,

My house guests are going home this morning but they will be back believe me. :D

The coffee is hot and fresh so help yourself.

Morning all,

My house guests are going home this morning but they will be back believe me. :D

We got 33°C in the shade (say - 94F ?) which is quite warm enough thank you.
I have fans running all over the house. I think I need another coffee.

Last edited:
Morning all,

Ahhhhhhh, coffee. Thank you Tex. Sounds like your house guests have been a lot of fun. Better get lots of sleep seeing as they're coming back. Me went swimming yesterday and it was beautiful. Water was a bit glacial but the sun .... loved it. Back to the real world now alas.

Having spent the weekend entertaining (and gorging) it's time to get back into lose weight for summer mode and take the poodle for a long walk.

I've been away for a while and missed a week's worth of coffee-shop gossip.

Nice new digs, Tx. Not that you've been here much, with 2 nekkid houseguests in your kitchen! (I still get excited when I see a nude woman in my kitchen, despite the fact that she's been naked whenever she's in the kitchen for over 3 decades :).)

I've been away for a while and missed a week's worth of coffee-shop gossip.

Nice new digs, Tx. Not that you've been here much, with 2 nekkid house-guests in your kitchen! (I still get excited when I see a nude woman in my kitchen, despite the fact that she's been naked whenever she's in the kitchen for over 3 decades :).)

Mine never managed naked in the kitchen;
sad, that!
:(

We got 33°C in the shade (say - 94F ?) which is quite warm enough thank you.
I have fans running all over the house. I think I need another coffee.

92°F... Note to HP - mate, never come to Oz. You would, without doubt, die! 33°C = mild summer, and the "hot weather" policy in schools and sports hasn't even kicked in yet!

And the fan might not work - this summer (which is five months away) governments and power authorities are still figuring out how to get sufficient power generation to see us all through the peak load period. Last year my entire state shut down for 24 hours, some parts for over a week - a storm brought down some high voltage transmission lines, and the fail safe systems then triggered a cascade of load tripping. Tons of fun.

92°F... Note to HP - mate, never come to Oz. You would, without doubt, die! 33°C = mild summer, and the "hot weather" policy in schools and sports hasn't even kicked in yet!

You sound like us, except that we don't have so much trouble with the power supply.

We're at 36°C (97°F) today and should break 40°C (104°F) in a couple days. Those are the official temperatures. If you're on a roof, street, parking lot or any number of other urban settings, then the temps are a few degrees higher.

When it gets like this we mostly limit outdoor activity to night and early morning, but you do get accustomed to it. I used to do 3-mile runs after work when the temps were in the 90's. It wasn't a problem until I finished the run. Then the air wasn't moving around me and the heat soaked in.

Well, the laptop seems fine. And smells faintly coconutty. :D

Think of it as giving your Muse a bath with coconut shampoo. ;)

The house feels empty. *sigh*

I slept most of the afternoon so i have no idea how hot it was and now I'm wide awake and having cereal for supper. Tomorrow I have things to do so tonight I relax and write. Maybe.

And the fan might not work - this summer (which is five months away) governments and power authorities are still figuring out how to get sufficient power generation to see us all through the peak load period. Last year my entire state shut down for 24 hours, some parts for over a week - a storm brought down some high voltage transmission lines, and the fail safe systems then triggered a cascade of load tripping. Tons of fun.

After all the fuss and palaver over "green" generation of energy ? I'm rather surprised that the middle "desert" in Oz ain't cluttered with solar panels.
I ain't lookin' forward to some prat's idea of "green" energy in the dead centre of a real winter storm; turning off a generator . . ..
:)

It's the middle of the night. I should be asleep.

So why aren't you, Madam ?
:rose::rose:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back