Here are a few in North Carolina:

Horneytown

Climax

Kitty Hawk

Cherryville

Enochville

Rimertown

Nags Head

There actually is a rather pretty three bedroom house for sale in Mold Road, Sodom, Denbighshire (Wales).

As teenagers, a group of us got caught stealing a road sign pointing to "Ranlo." We thought it was the funniest sign we'd ever seen until the judge made us go to the prison camp that made the sign and apologize to the inmates for tearing it down. It's painful to this day.

I live a few miles away from Mayberry {at least there's a sign there} heading west and Bone Gap heading east. There's also Bush, Cherry, Cave-in-Rock, Dix, Gays, Joy, Mounds, and Reddick for those in a more "Lit" frame of mind.

Bobbin Head, NSW gets its share of sniggering. We have a lot of places with lovely Aboriginal names like Woolloomooloo, and apparently there's a Cockabutta Creek out there somewhere.

I just drove on Shinnecock Parkway, my navigation gave it the sounding of "Shine-a-Cock." I was hoping it led to something more, but alas it didn't.

I just drove on Shinnecock Parkway, my navigation gave it the sounding of "Shine-a-Cock." I was hoping it led to something more, but alas it didn't.

If ya want dick and balls, take a look at the freeway map for Dallas/ Fort worth. :D

Need girls for your story? There's Anna, Vienna {pronounced Vi-Anna}, Elizabeth, Alexis, Alma, Ashley, Augusta, Ava, Bonnie, Victoria, and Viola.

And boys? Alvin, Franklin, Lee, Mark, Melvin, Milton, Percy, Perry, and Virgil.

Plus Vergennes {pronounced very similarly to "virgins"}.

And now that I've killed the thread...

Too funny

Oh, like Condom, France or Dildo, Newfoundland?

One of the stories I'm currently writing has the protagonist traveling through Newfoundland.

Among the (real) towns he visits are Dildo, Placentia, Come-by-Chance, Blow Me Down, Witless bay and Conception bay.

One of the stories I'm currently writing has the protagonist traveling through Newfoundland.

Among the (real) towns he visits are Dildo, Placentia, Come-by-Chance, Blow Me Down, Witless bay and Conception bay.

Wow. From reading that list, one would be tempted to think the early settlers of Newfoundland had little more to do than each other. :p

We have quite a few funny sounding names here in Washington....including Humptulips.

Even though its not sexual in nature(well maybe for some I guess:eek:)

The name Cockeysville MD always cracks me up.

I can just see their billboard now.

"Welcome to Cockeysville, We're the shit!"

Wow. From reading that list, one would be tempted to think the early settlers of Newfoundland had little more to do than each other. :p

What? They're skipping Tickle Cove and Joe Bat's Arm???:eek:

Australia is known to be a beautiful but strange country so no surprises we have a heap of interesting place names here is my top list:

(Just a quick translation for those who have no come across many Australians in your travels, Loo = Toilet and Root = Fuck as in some western suburbs you would hear Dazza ask Shazza, “Hey mole, wanna root?” )

Only states of Australia are listed WA does not stand for Washington but rather Western Australia.

Jimcumbilly, NSW

Mount Buggery, Victoria

Bong Bong, NT

Humpybong, Queensland

Foul Bay and Tiddy Widdy Beach, SA

Gingin, WA & Queensland

Innalo Fresho, WA (pronounced “In a loo fresh”)

Loos, SA

Mount Mee, Queensland

Nowhere Else, Tasmania & SA

Poowong, Victoria

Rooty Hill, NSW

Smiggin Holes, NSW

Tom Ugly, NSW (Named for a man who was reportedly very handsome)

Wonglepong, Queensland

Wooloomooloo, NSW

Wurt Wurt Kurt, Victoria

Yorkeys Knob, Queensland

Back