Testing the waters

nob_long222

Really Experienced
I haven't been a member for too long now and this is my first post. I'm working on a story with illustrations, and thought I would get a little feedback on what I've drawn so far.

So, for a little background on my story. It will involve a few different aliens and a human (possibly a second) in space. The human will be the main character and will discover the aliens while alone on a deep space mission. There will be some crazy things happening throughout . The crazy stuff will be a little comedic, but there will still be sex.

I have three drawings so far.

Let me know what you think; either about the drawings or the story idea.

Attachments

• L'tess_meeting(resize).jpg
    L'tess_meeting(resize).jpg
    68 KB · Views: 439
  • L'tess_shower(1)(resize).jpg
    L'tess_shower(1)(resize).jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 276
Last edited:
Glad to see a new face! Welcome aboard.

You should check out Wet_Special's thread and work, it sounds very much up your alley.
http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=727408

I think it might be more fun if you put your character in a context for the illustrations, and/or illustrate some details that may not be explicitly mentioned in the text.

I have also seen turnarounds as an interesting device to illustrate characters, Kind of like concepts sketches of characters for movies, or the written versions you might see in a playbill to set up a story.

Thanks a lot. I'm still pretty new to drawing and I'm working on improving my skill at faces, hands, and feet.

THROBBS, thanks for the welcome and thoughts. I do plan on adding some sort of scene for the illustrations; I just haven't decided on what yet. I was also thinking about turnarounds actually. I am currently thinking I would present them as some sort of body scan. It would work well especially with the story being sci-fi.

I'm currently working on a few more drawings, and when I'm a bit further along (at least with the characters) I will post them.

I worked on another drawing this afternoon. This one is a trio of aliens. The male on the left and female in the center will be married, and the female on the right will be of the third gender. The room they are in will be a observation deck, so they would be facing most of the rooms furnishings.

I am probably going to be starting a drawing of the human guy later today, and I will probably be able to post something later tonight or tomorrow.

Attachments

• Trio_meeting(resize).jpeg
    Trio_meeting(resize).jpeg
    93.9 KB · Views: 137
This is Mic (the main character) waking up on his ship. I still need to do some shading and defining of things better, but I'm done with it for now. His ship is supposed to have a plain stark white interior but I will be adding some additional details when I shade.

Thoughts are always appreciated.

Attachments

• Mic_wakeup(resize).jpg
    Mic_wakeup(resize).jpg
    93 KB · Views: 102
As nice as it is to include backgrounds, keep in mind that the eye is among other things, attracted to areas of detail and areas of darkness in a drawing. One wishes to keep that in mind when making a composition. I do like your proportions though, but I wish your figures were a little more vivid and stood out from the page the way your windows do. :eek:

As nice as it is to include backgrounds, keep in mind that the eye is among other things, attracted to areas of detail and areas of darkness in a drawing. One wishes to keep that in mind when making a composition. I do like your proportions though, but I wish your figures were a little more vivid and stood out from the page the way your windows do. :eek:

Thanks a lot. I'm probably going to end up with generally just a little bit of slight scenery in most of my work, but I thought I would try out real backgrounds on a couple. I've actually added better shading to the trio drawing, and part of my problem overall is that I am currently without a working scanner. That only really leaves me with a digital camera to capture them with, and to be honest it doesn't do that great a job of showing it.

Also, wet_special, I really enjoy your work, both your illustration and your writing.

Attachments

• Trio_meeting3(resize).jpg
    Trio_meeting3(resize).jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 55
Great stuff. I'd be interested in reading this. And if were to offer a piece of advice, the faces on those aliens look unattractive. Maybe a mask or heavy face paint? (seriously) Their bodies are really sexy though. Great job.

Great stuff. I'd be interested in reading this. And if were to offer a piece of advice, the faces on those aliens look unattractive. Maybe a mask or heavy face paint? (seriously) Their bodies are really sexy though. Great job.

No not anything on their faces, and no they are not meant to be intentionally unattractive. Except for a bowl of fruit and a portrait of my girlfriend (which I did about a week ago), I don't think I've drawn anything but some schematics since my 6th grade art class, so I'm still working on faces, hands, and feet. I also have a tendency to press a little hard onto the page when I'm doing the initial sketches, which makes it hard to properly rework. I do plan on trying to fix them before I'm finished though.

EDIT: I just did some facial touch ups on the trio drawing. Its now attached. Let me know what you think of the improvement.

Attachments

• Trio_meeting4(resize).jpg
    Trio_meeting4(resize).jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Nice! Post the story in this thread once it gets on the Lit website. :)

I have been super busy for the past few weeks, so I haven't got much done on art or writing in a while. I have just played around with adding color to one of my drawings. I will need to go get some real supplied before I put color onto any more.

I had also already kind of decided on the skin and hair color, which now that I have it on paper really reminds me of the old school Joker color scheme. I'll probably have to think on it for a while before I make decisions.

Last edited:
Its been a long time since I posted here. The feedback is always nice.

Last edited:
More contrast

Glad to see a new face! Welcome aboard.

You should check out Wet_Special's thread and work, it sounds very much up your alley.
http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=727408

I think it might be more fun if you put your character in a context for the illustrations, and/or illustrate some details that may not be explicitly mentioned in the text.

I have also seen turnarounds as an interesting device to illustrate characters, Kind of like concepts sketches of characters for movies, or the written versions you might see in a playbill to set up a story.

I agree, you should post a panel or an excerpt so we can see the character in context. Also, if there is a way, you should make the lines a bit darker and add a bit more contrast so the character shows up better.

I like the drawings, but always find pencil sketches a bit hard to see on a computer screen. Might be cool to darken them a little in photoshop, post scan...

I agree, you should post a panel or an excerpt so we can see the character in context. Also, if there is a way, you should make the lines a bit darker and add a bit more contrast so the character shows up better.

I'm still working on the story. It's getting near to a point where I might post something on here.

I like the drawings, but always find pencil sketches a bit hard to see on a computer screen. Might be cool to darken them a little in photoshop, post scan...

As far as both of your suggestions to improve the contrast for digital viewing of the pencil drawing. Yes I agree they don't look very nice and could be much better. I have tried messing with the contrast and exposure, but my digital tools aren't quite as powerful as Photoshop (can't really afford that). I have found that if I work on making them more contrasty they get overly dark. I think my next best bet would be a better scanner because what I have right now is an old all-in-one printer that has a very crappy scanner.

I am starting to do digital work on a program somewhere between MSPaint quality and Photoshop quality, so I can do pretty good original work but it doesn't have much ability to do editing of existing work.

Last edited:
response

My absolute first, virginal post. Love the story idea and the drawings look great to me. Good luck.

Well I am glad you like it. I would suggest for the future you don't need to type "response" or "re:" in your reply title pundit.

Excerpt

What follows is the beginning of the story that these illustrations will go with. It hasn't been edited yet, so forgive any spelling or grammer issues at present. I would want the digital drawing I posted most recently to go at the end of this excerpt. I know that drawing isn't done yet, but I should have a better version post-able soon. Also it will have some comedic bits throughout.

Chapter 1: the Encounter

Mic woke up groggy as usual. As he rubbed the sleep out of his eyes, he felt as though this was his first awakening in this room. This was not the case, and Mic knew it. He was aboard a small starship patrolling the outer reaches of the solar system. He would be absolutely alone for 2 years of the patrol, and he was only 6 weeks since his launch from the station. The only reason he even needed to be aboard was to monitor the sensors.

He was feeling like an outcast on Earth, and Mic's main reason for taking the mission was to be alone for a good long while. His biggest problem was that he just couldn't find anyone who would sleep with him. Actually it was "could".

Before he was born his parents decided to be in a genetic engineering trial. His genes were manipulated to improve his health, physical ability, and intelligence. The trial was able to achieve the goal, but with a surprising side effect - the size of his penis. He always tried to console himself with the fact that it was too big not too small.

Finding a partner was never hard for Mic though. He was 25, muscular, tanned, and tight, with dark brown hair. Of the women he could attempt to bed, many would flat out refuse to try and those who would normally ended up hurt, but most were just disappointed.

Mic sat up naked on his bed. "At least they gave me a big comfy bed," Nick thought to himself. He sat there for a second before showering and putting on his flight suit. It was an almost skintight, neoprene like jumpsuit that was his only clothing on the ship.

He quickly examined himself in the mirror, stopping briefly to look at his bulge in his suit. "Well at least there isn't anyone here to ogle me," Mic thought. He moved over toward his door and pressed a button on the panel next to it.

"Captain Mic, what is it that you need?" said a seductive voice over the intercom.

"Anything happen while I was out?" Mic casually replied. He was talking to the ship's computer. This was not a standard program, it was an automated assistant that Mic created. He had enjoyed taking computer science courses while he was studying military science and doing flight school at the academy, and now it was something he tinkered with in his spare time.

"No, all has been ordinary as always Sir."

"Put on a pot of coffee, would you Miranda."

"Aye, Aye, Sir. I will also prepare the command center for you."

"Thank you again," said Mic. When he was designing the program, he decided to add a bit of personality to the AI. Mic thought this would be a fun design project, especially after him and his buddies managed to dig up a copy of "2001: A Space Odyssey" during an academy break. Mic did enjoy the company, and he has been using a lot of his spare time to add addition functionality to the final program.

He began his way from his suite to the command center. On most ship this isn't a problem, but to save power on his mission the artificial gravity is shut off everywhere on the ship except his suite and the command center. He had to float and bounce his way though the hall between his suite at the rear of the ship and the command center at the front. Mic always enjoyed this move between the rooms.

Mic entered the command center and once he regained his footing, he poured himself a cup of coffee and looked around the room and out the window into deep space. He didn't idly muse for long before taking his seat and turning to the ships sensors.

He wasn't sitting for long when he heard Miranda's voice come over the intercom again. "Sir there appears to be a minor anomaly in our wake," She matter-of-factly stated.

"Well begin monitoring all com frequencies for anything you can pick up."

"Aye, aye, Sir."

Mic began playing with his controls trying to figure out what was this anomaly. He didn't think it was space junk or anything else that pops up from time to time, since that normally registers enough where he can tell. This was so faint and random that Miranda's programming barely picked it up.

"Sir, I just picked up a short range communication."

"Is it from any known Earth vessel."

"No Captain. The signature is unknown. This may be actual contact. Nothing we were actually expecting, but probably none the less."

"Well what kind of message is it Miranda? And go ahead and put it through or display it or what ever," Mic replied with urgency.

"It was a poorly coded written message. I've cleaned it up, and it is now displayed on your screen, Sir."

Mic turned to his main screen and read the words presented to him, "Greetings. Please help, ship low on power, need assistance."

"Have you tried getting a visual yet, Miranda?" Mic inquired at his computer.

"Yes, I have been enhancing an image. It is almost ready now."

Mic didn't have to wait long to see an unknown vessel following his ship. It was definitely alien. This ship was completely different from anything anyone on earth had produced.

"Figure out how to send a message back to that ship. Include a message that reads, 'Will assist. Rendezvous coordinates to follow. Your ship and person will have to submit to complete scans before help will be rendered.' Begin plotting those coordinates so that their ship will have as little maneuvering as possible. We don't know what that ship's capabilities are."

"Aye, Sir. That will take a few moments. I guess I will just take care of everything then."

Mic actually chuckled to himself hearing this. "I'm kind of enjoying this last attitude adjustment I made the other day," Mic thought. He also began thinking back to all the ridiculous "first contact" procedures that he learned in the academy, but they just seemed so barbaric. He also knew he could actually do whatever he wanted, he had another two months till his next data dump and check in with his higher ups.

Time seemed to stand still as Mic waited for any response from the distressed ship, but then it finally came. It read, "Permission to scan granted. Navigating to rendezvous point now." Mic piloted his portion of the route to the meeting, and once the ships were properly aligned Mic attached the lock and transfer tube to what appeared to be the ship's main hatch. It took a minute to get a proper lock and seal.

"Miranda, begin a scan of that ship. Double check on anything that could be toxic or a weapon," Mic ordered the computer.

"Aye, Captain. 5 minutes to completion. Sending pertinent information to vessel."

"Thank you."

Mic anxiously sipped his coffee waiting for the results. That five minutes felt more like an hour to Mic. Then he heard the intercom click on and Miranda's voice start over the speakers.

"Sir, the vessel appears to be small shuttle not designed to be used this far out in space and for as long as it has. Its onboard power is dangerously low. The environmental conditions aboard the shuttle are the same as aboard this ship. There will not be any harm caused to the occupant under our current environmental conditions. We should bring aboard its single occupant."

"Alright Miranda, that sounds like a great plan. Bring them into the airlock for a scan."

Mic walked over and stood in front of the glass airlock. He would scan the occupant once they were aboard the ship. He wasn't waiting long before the outside door slid open and he first laid sight on the occupant. He couldn't quite make out if this visitor was an alien or not, but shrouded in darkness they appeared to be human enough and a female.

As the visitor walked into the light of the airlock, he could tell that he was indeed looking at an alien. This woman was seductively build with gentle curves, large breasts, wide hips, long legs, and sharp features. His mind snapped back quickly though since her skin was a light purple, her hair was dark green, her ears were pointed, and she had a tail.

"So what exactly are you?" Mic asked.

In an odd version of very broken English she replied, "I not of your planet."

"Well I can see that," Mic said slightly sarcastically, "But how do you know English?"

She didn't reply this time, but turned her head, pulled her hair back, and showed Mic what looked like a watch battery stuck behind her ear.

"Is that a translator?"

She nodded, as she pulled a second small metallic disk out of her ribbon-like top, before holding it out in her hand towards Mic. He motioned to the small area for transferring objects. She placed it inside the smaller air lock. Miranda quickly scanned the object, indicating that it was some form of advanced neural translator, and that it shouldn't have any side effects on Mic's physiology.

Mic thought about it briefly before picking it up and placing it behind his ear in the same place her's was. She watched intently as Mic did this, and after he placed it she removed her own.

She began speaking again, but this time in a low smokey voice and perfect English. "Thank you for trusting me. You're wearing a small neural translator. You will be able to understand me as if I am speaking your native language and speak mine perfectly. Right now you will have problems communicating back to your computer, but you will still understand it."

"Wow thats pretty amazing, but I am still going to have to ask you to submit to a scan of your person before you can come through the airlock."

"I do not have a problem with that. You may begin when you are ready."

"Miranda, prepare to begin scanning," Mic said to his computer.

"Sir I cannot understand you," Miranda replied.

Removing the translator Mic repeated his command. Reaffixing it he looked back at his alien visitor and said, "You will need to strip for your scan."

She gave him a surprisingly playful glare before stripping without a word.​

Back