Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cilantro is an an evil, nasty weed that should be culled from the planet.

I think it taste's great with some balsamic vinegar. :D

Also

I need to get the maid to dust those shelves today. A clump of it blew into my tomato soup (with a touch of cilantro) just now...
 
I would have to agree - allergic. Accidentally picking a dish in a nice restaurant with lots of it is a bit of a pain when you don't have a Benadryl on you. Who would have expected it in a dish called Ravioli Rustica?

:eek:

Oh my goodness. I had no idea some people were allergic like that! And yes, I would never have thought Ravioli Rustica would have contained cilantro... unless you were in a Mexican-Italian fusion restaurant. ;)

And here I am, complaining about not being able to frequent the taco trucks because everything tastes like soap. :eek:


<unrelated>


I should not have spent that much on those boots... but damn, they're awesome.
 
Last edited:
It's snowing here. It's not even freezing out (33F), there are still leaves on the trees (some of which are about to come down), and yet I just had to shovel snow in October.
SDC11008.jpg

SDC11009.jpg

SDC11010.jpg


And I need a new overcoat. My old one got moldy...
 
Anyone remember me?

Because I'm sitting here wanting this baby to hurry up and make up his mind (are we in labor or not?) and I am bored to tears.
 
I wish he'd hurry up. He can't seem to make up his mind whether he's coming out or staying in. Which means I've been having contractions since Thursday night, but nothing's happening. :( It's very frustrating.
 
I wish he'd hurry up. He can't seem to make up his mind whether he's coming out or staying in. Which means I've been having contractions since Thursday night, but nothing's happening. :( It's very frustrating.

geez Louise. that's a long time to be waiting. hugs hopefully it will be soon.
 
My second kid did this to me. He held out for two weeks before they induced me, lol.

How have the Litsters been?

gosh, two weeks?? :eek: I would think the weekend would be enough of that.

I'm not here as much as I used to be, so I don't see many people lately. I guess they have real life stuff going on too.
 
Falling trees everywhere. Lost internet and TV for almost 24 hours. Somehow kept power, even though the wires were pulled off the side of the house. They stayed attached where it mattered most. Here are some random pics of my yard throughout the day.
SDC11011.jpg

SDC11012.jpg

SDC11014.jpg

SDC11015.jpg

SDC11016.jpg

SDC11017.jpg

SDC11018.jpg

SDC11019.jpg

SDC11020.jpg

SDC11021.jpg
 
Falling trees everywhere. Lost internet and TV for almost 24 hours. Somehow kept power, even though the wires were pulled off the side of the house. They stayed attached where it mattered most. Here are some random pics of my yard throughout the day.
SDC11011.jpg

SDC11012.jpg

SDC11014.jpg

SDC11015.jpg

SDC11016.jpg

SDC11017.jpg

SDC11018.jpg

SDC11019.jpg

SDC11020.jpg

SDC11021.jpg
Wow, looks like a big mess. Glad you're safe and sound.
 
Remembrance Day

We have several War Memorials in our town. The largest is in the centre of our War Memorial Park.

Next week we will have junior school children (aged 7-10) planting bulbs in the Memorial Park, as they have done for several years, to commemorate those people from our town who have died in wars since 1914.

But we can't get anyone from the British Legion or the Ex-Servicemen's Club to attend. It will disappoint the children who expect at least one man, bearing a flag from the British Legion, to turn up as he has in previous years. That particular man will be away at a ceremony elsewhere, but out of several hundred drinking members of both organisations, no one else is 'available'.

I'll be there, as me, but the absence of any ex-servicemen is a real disappointment.
 
I want my office to be heated again. Although I only have one more day to worry about it before heading out to Vegas, and then a week of vacation after I get back :D
 
Vegas was fun, even if I lost every dollar that I wagered... Stupid poker... No more gambling for about four or five years now. Vegas broke record low temperatures since the 1930s. It wasn't warm like I was expecting at all.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top