Beauty and the Beast *Closed*

Miss_Vivi

Miss Behave
Joined
Jun 22, 2012
Posts
4,467
This thread is intended for exclusive use by Britwitch and Myself, respectively, however, we appreciate and love fan mail, unless your AV is a pic of a penis. Then, don't bother.


“Once upon a time…”

Beast grumbled at those imprecise and over used words that stared back at her silently. They practically judged themselves as they sat there, empty and useless. Perhaps that’s why she used them; there was an affinity between her and them. They were useless. So was she.

“A young girl was trapped by a dreaded beast…”

Beast couldn’t stop her eyes from traveling over to the papers that held her diagnosis. Six months. Six months to live, to die, to fuck, to fuck around, a lifetime for certain animals, the length of most bad relationships. It was genetic defect that she couldn’t pronounce, one that held her body and mind captive and made her unnaturally ugly to behold.

It was curable.
By one in a billion people who held the genetic jackpot.
If it was a woman, that is. The stem cells in her eggs would carry enough of the female genetic marker that could possibly change the defect within Beast.

“Ahem.” Her assistant, Lumi, an amiable sort, if a touch talented at annoying her, she grunted her assent that he speak without looking at him.
“We’ve found her, ma’am.”

She looked up at him, a good looking man, who never failed to look away when he was talking to her, which she took as a sign of fear.

“Well?” She was impatient. Six months can make a person impatient.

“The woman lives in a small town. I’ve dispatched a copter to retrieve her. I know that you want this done by force, but I disagree. I think it would be damaging to take something by force that might be freely given.”

Beast sighed, having heard all of this before, “What would you have me do Lumi?”

The tall blonde man looked down at her, and tried to hide the wince before he spoke, “Make her your guest and see if she will give them to you freely.” The words were quiet, unmistakable, hopeful and dangerous.

“Lumi, you know as well as I, that she cannot legally give her eggs to anyone except her spouse and I highly doubt she’d give them within the six months it will take to convince her to marry me.”

“You are not without means, ma’am.”

“Bring her in, Lumi, I will treat her as my guest for only so long. If she agrees, I won’t take anything by force. She has a short time only, however. I doubt she will agree, even if you are filled with some foolish hope.”

“Yes, Mistress.” The tight line of his lips indicated that he wasn’t pleased with her orders but he wouldn’t hesitate to follow them to the letter, with a turn of his heels, he left her with the dossier of the woman.

Beast had three months to begin the gene therapy to cure the defect, any longer than that, and it would be too late. She’d be dead in the next 3; Beast almost hoped that the girl wasn’t pretty or beautiful. This hope turned sour as she fingered through the folder. She was indeed beautiful, and it seemed, quite smart. It would mean ruining something beautiful if she refused Beast’s request. Somehow this didn’t sit right with her.

Lumi would be pleased if he knew.

This girl meant life or death for Beast and she knew it. Beast tried to imagine the girl opening the door to her black suited men; would she know what was happening? Would she understand when she was whisked away from her family to the tower where Beast resided that it was a good thing? Or would she hate Beast?

Could Beast see her as anything more than salvation?

“Once upon a time…”

Beast snorted at the words.

Once upon a time, indeed.
 
"...and they lived happily ever after."

The children sat around her beamed contentedly at the end of the tale. It ended as fairytales usually did. With a romantic reunion, with friendship and nothing but sunshine and rainbows in the heroes futures. Not necessarily realistic, and she knew it, but it felt good to fill her pupils hearts and minds with optimism and hope.

Isabelle waved goodbye to her little charges and sent them off with a wide smile to their waiting parents. The book was placed back onto the shelf and she set about stacking the cushions from the floor and tidying up her classroom. The village primary school was small. Only two classes, the younger ones and those on their way to the neighbouring town to attend school there.

She taught the older class, although in truth she spent as much time with the smaller children as she did those in her class. Isabelle had come to the village almost straight from her training, wanting to escape the city and it's constant sense of doom and oppression. The tiny village, with it's reliance on farming and other local industry, had called to her romantic soul and so she had leapt at the chance of teaching in the school. It was true there would be no real promotions in her future, no massive pay rises, but she was blissfully happy and that was all that really mattered.

The villagers had accepted her warmly, welcoming her, making her feel 'one of them' and he position had come with a small cottage on the outskirts of the village. A stream ran through the property and the land backed onto woodland. It was her own little piece of heaven. She spent her evenings and weekends walking in the countryside.

Locking the door to the small school house, Isabelle wandered home. Smiling and exchanging pleasantries with the few people she passed on her way. She was well liked. She had a light voice and a sunny smile. Warm brown eyes that calmed even the most nervous of new children and rich chocolate brown hair that was often decorated with flowers in the spring time by the little girls she taught. She couldn't be more different from the usual 'cityfolk' who passed. All noise and condescension.

Isabelle was just pouring herself a cup of tea when a roar outside made her almost drop her teapot onto the tiled floor. Rushing to the window her eyes widened to see what appeared to be a helicopter descending towards the rear of the property. First glance ruled out it being an emergency flight. No luminous stripes or blue lights. It was black. Every inch. With tinted windows, heavily tinted windows.

When the propellers finally stopped rotating she snatched up a shawl and hurried outside. Torn between concern and anger that they had only just managed to miss landing in one of her vegetable patches.

Several men, all suited, all tall, clambered out of the helicopter and approached her.
"Miss Beaulieu?" A deep voice asked as the first reached her.
"Yes."
"Isabelle Beaulieu?" Enquired another.
"That's me. Can I help you?"
"Your presence is requested by our employer."
"I think you must be mistaken." It sounded like something out of a movie. Something out of a story.
"Perhaps we could move inside?"
Isabelle inclined her head to show her agreement and led the men into the cottage.

She was presented with a letter, printed on expensive paper, with an impressive signature at the bottom. The letter spoke of a cause, of something she could help with, only she could help with. Of illness and suffering. It was fairly vague but it also mentioned she would be compensated for her time if she would consent to visiting the sender. Isabelle didn't need or really want money but the school could do a lot with a little donation, never mind the kind of figures hinted at in the letter. It was a Friday, she could well be back by Monday. No harm in listening to this person. Surely?

Within the hour she was strapped into the helicopter and en route to goodness only knew where. Fingers toyed nervously with the hem of her skirt as she forced herself to look out of the window and not at the suited strangers who accompanied her. As the village grew smaller and eventually passed out of sight she had the sudden feeling that it didn't seem such a harmless thing to be doing after all.
 
Beast practiced her speech, she rehearsed what she'd say to the woman, over and over in her head. Lumi's tips paraded themselves over and over in her mind as she practiced.

Be calm. Not bloody likely, this little chit holds my life in her hands.

Be nice. Compared to what?! I could just take what I want and leave her in the gutter. Besides after a nice little whack to the head, it's not like she'd even remember who she was in the first place.

Be nice. Fine. Beast would try.

Beast glanced over the file again, Isabelle Beaulieu, oh the irony in that name. Maybe this would be a fairy tale, the thought of which made Beast snort. It wasn't bloody likely to happen that way. Beast was going to attempt to be nice, but it's more likely that the girl would end up in a medical hold, on Beast's orders and the stem cells taken by force.

She was prepared for it to go either way.

Beast heard the elevator come over-head and realized that the time had come. She grabbed her cane and hobbled to the serving room, out of her messy rooms and offices, hearing the baritone of Lumi directing the way into the house, Beast imagined that Isabelle was over whelmed by the grandeur of the place.

Well, bully for her. Beast never noticed her house anymore, all that mattered was her body and the twisted form that held her captive.

She tried to smile as the woman entered, but it ended up looking like a grimace instead. Beast looked down as the beautiful woman sat herself, and then she attempted to sit herself, it didn't work and she ended up falling into the chair. With a grunt she righted herself.

Looking over at Isabelle, she saw the woman's fear and a touch of pity. It was the pity that angered Beast the most and all of Lumi's advice went out the window.

"Ms. Beaulieu, you've been brought here because I need something from you, and I will not take no for an answer."
 
The house the helicopter landed beside wasn't a house. It was a mansion, practically a castle. It made Isabelle feel tiny and silly and insignificant as she was walked across manicured lawns towards the impressive entrance.

A tall blonde man met her with a slightly too warm smile, bowing almost theatrically, before stepping back to invite her inside.
She gave a quiet thank you and followed him wordlessly down a long corridor, eyes wide as they took in the opulence around her.

It was like something out of a movie, out of a fairytale.

They reached a door and she was ushered inside. On the other side of the door was a woman. Isabelle knew instantly this lady was the reason she had been brought her. This was the woman behind the looping signature at the bottom of the letter.

She tried to smile, to meet her eyes but her best intentions failed her and she found herself all too quickly looking towards the chairs and choosing one to sit in. The woman moved to sit and did so, less than gracefully. Isabelle felt her face take on a concerned expression and saw anger flash in the eyes looking back at her.

"Ms. Beaulieu, you've been brought here because I need something from you, and I will not take no for an answer."

That was a surprise.

"From me?" Isabelle frowned, the expression ill fitting her face. "I don't...I don't think I understand. Or perhaps there's been a mistake here somewhere. I, I'm a teacher. I teach in a small town, a village to all intents and purposes. I have a small house but it came with the job it's not really mine. I have some savings but not much. No car. No nothing. What could you possibly need for me?"

Her eyes moved over the woman before her, taking in the malformation, the disfigurement. Breath catching in her throat as she hesitated over asking the obvious. Asking what was wrong with her.

"Obviously I would love to help you, if I can but I...I just don't see how I could."
 
Beast watched as the woman radiated fear and confusion, over her shoulder Lumi shook his head. That obviously hadn't been the best way to open. Beast sighed. Telling the woman the truth would probably terrify her, not telling her at this time would likely be the best course.

Beast tried to smile till she remembered that it looked like a grimace to those who were forced to stare at her, and she relaxed her facial structure till it looked like nothing too remotely terrifying. Over Isabelle's shoulder Lumi tried to look hopeful, Beast reminded herself that she was going to fire him later, for being a pain and not letting her just take what she needed from Isabelle.

Clearing her throat she softened her tone from before, "Miss Beaulieu, I'd like to extend lodgings here for the next few weeks. I have procured a replacement for your school and they are not expecting you back for a while," if ever, Beast held back from saying and continued, "we have quarters all set up for your every comfort and are very much looking forward to getting to know you."

Beast nodded as if this had answered every question that the woman might have. What else could the woman possibly want? Quarters, food, shopping, access to things that were never possible before in her poor and simple life. She held out her hand to the woman attempting to be friendly.

"You'll not want for anything while you stay here. I ask that you have dinner with me nightly, and stay out of the west hall. Can you agree to these terms, Miss Beaulieau? We can discuss our arrangement at another time."

Staring at the shaken woman, Beast did hope that she would just agree and not make a fuss. Although Lumi had heartily disagreed Beast had prepared a barren room with an easily locked door where she would absolutely be Beast's captive. Beast wanted those cells. Law required them to be married in order to have access to them. This would either be easy and somewhat sweet or Isabelle would suffer. It was entirely up to her.

Beast almost fearfully watched the woman, waiting for her answer.
 
"Miss Beaulieu, I'd like to extend lodgings here for the next few weeks. I have procured a replacement for your school and they are not expecting you back for a while."

Isabelle felt her eyes widen. Weeks? She hadn't intended to be away from home longer than a few days...hours to be brutally honest. She had been convinced there was an error and that as soon as she arrived they'd realise and take her home. She'd have had a ride in a helicopter and an exciting story for the children on Monday morning. Now she wouldn't see the children, her children for…who knew how long. Half finished projects and promises that would have to be broken flashing through her mind, adding to her disappointment.

"We have quarters all set up for your every comfort and are very much looking forward to getting to know you."
This woman before, who was she. A woman obviously used to getting whatever she wanted, for whatever reason. There hadn't been any indication, really, that what she was saying was in any form a question. They were the facts. The facts as she saw them at any rate.
A hand was extended, Isabelle tried not to shrink back from it.

"You'll not want for anything while you stay here. I ask that you have dinner with me nightly, and stay out of the west hall. Can you agree to these terms, Miss Beaulieau? We can discuss our arrangement at another time."

"I..." Isabelle had to be careful. The last thing she wanted to do was offend this woman, this woman who was obviously suffering…and Isabelle suspected she suffered in more ways than just those visible with the naked eye.
“This is all very generous of you, Miss…?” She let the question hang in the air for a second. Almost positive it wouldn’t be answered but feeling the need to try anyway.

“I will stay, but I can only stay for a week. I have commitments that need to be dealt with but they can wait a little while.” It was a lie and somehow even as the words left her lips she was certain this mysterious women knew it was too. “I still don’t know how you think I can help you but I am willing to stay and find out. I would, honestly, very much like to be of assistance but without knowing what exactly assisting you consists of it is hard to agree to anything. You must understand that I need more information before committing to anything.”

Isabelle rose and closed the distance between them before lifting her hand and taking hold of the one before her lightly.
“As for dining with you, it will be a pleasure, I’m sure. I will go wherever I am permitted and can promise not to wander where I am not welcome. Those terms, at least, I can agree to here and now.”
Somehow she managed to hold the eyes that looked up at her. So many emotions flashing within them, wondering how many and which ones were directed primarily at her.

“I want to be able to help.” Isabelle repeated earnestly, starting to let go of the woman’s hand. “I just don’t know how you think I can.”
She took a slight step back, not too far but enough to grant the woman room to stand should she wish to. Feeling a little less on edge than when she’d first entered, Isabelle let her eyes move over the rest of the room for a moment or two.

“You have a lovely home, from what little I’ve seen at least.” Isabelle smiled as warmly and genuinely as she could. Trying to erase the lingering sense of unease that permeated her body. Who was the blonde man who hovered near the door? What kind of person arranged a replacement for someone they haven’t even met, for someone who hasn’t even agreed to do what is being asked of them? There were so many questions, too many. And somehow Isabelle suspected that finding out the answers might not make her feel the least bit better.
 
A sudden jagged pain pierced Beast's body. She winced slightly, but tried to keep her focus on the woman in front of her, the woman who held her salvation. Isabelle's hand in her own was very warm and she could smell the sweetness practically roll off the woman.

It made Beast hate her a little.

Another jagged pain, this one rolling through her body like a boulder. She gasped in pain, while forcing herself to focus.

"Thank you. Miss Beaulieau," She managed to get out between gritted teeth, "If you'd like Lumi, will escort you to your suite and see to any further needs of yours."

She turned away from both of them, hearing Lumi start to direct Isabelle, but already it was too late, leaning against the wall her legs went out from under her and Beast fell to the ground, hearing Lumi shout for her as she fell.

"Bea!"

Well, at least Isabelle knew her name now, that was one question out of the way, and her last thought before she passed out from the pain that racked her form.
 
Isabelle winced as the woman visibly twitched with some kind of discomfort.
"Are you alright?" She asked quietly.

"Thank you. Miss Beaulieau. If you'd like Lumi, will escort you to your suite and see to any further needs of yours."

"Are you sure there's nothing I-" The question remained unfinished and unanswered as the woman turned away, moved little more than a few paces away and collapsed.

"Bea!" The tall blonde man, Lumi, called out desperately as she slumped to the floor. For a few moments Isabella was paralysed, unable to do anything but watch with wide eyes as he turned the woman over, softly asking her if she was ok, if she could hear him.

"She's passed out," Isabelle suddenly heard herself saying. Her body suddenly springing into motion and propelling her across the floor. "Go and get some water, please, I'll stay here with her. She shouldn't be alone when she comes round..."

Lumi looked like he wanted to say something but refrained, merely nodding and leaving the room on rapid but silent feet.

Isabelle tucked her hair behind her ears as she knelt beside the woman, leaning closer to check she was breathing, pressing fingers to her throat to check her pulse. It was racing but it was strong and that was all that mattered.

First aid training coming to the fore, she moved the woman into the recovery position, cushioning her face on a hand and bending one leg at the knee to keep her on her side. Sitting back on her heels Isabelle sat and waited.
"Bea..." She murmured, letting her eyes move over the unconscious form before her. "Is that your name?"

There was something in her face, something that Isabelle hadn't noticed before. Something sad, something almost beautiful.

Fingers were just reaching out to stroke a cheek when Bea drew in a deeper breath and her body moved slightly. Snatching her hand back as if she'd been burnt, Isabelle took a second to control her breathing before leaning closer and speaking softly.
"Bea? Bea are you ok? Can you hear me?"

Isabelle was almost lying beside her now, her face so close to the other woman's.
"It's me Isabelle, can I get you anything? Would you like me to help you up?"

I sent Lumi to get you some water, I'm sure he'll be back any moment if you'd rather we wait for him to assist us."
 
"It's me Isabelle..."

These were the only words to penetrate the dark that encapsulated Beast, that held her captive, but these words they came with a light. It was her. Always her, and in this dream place Bea could fall to her knees without difficulty, could beg the sweet woman to acquiesce to her needs, to save her from this fatal form. To take her name in love and marriage and forsake those that would tear them apart.

She clung to the words much in the same way that she clung to the woman in her dreams. With fervor and not just a little possessiveness. But she felt like she was being torn from her.

"Isabelle!" Her throat broke, felt raw, and she had no clue that even passed out her voice had called for the woman who currently held her.

Beast ran, feeling strong and light, and finally free to the light, screaming out into the darkness, "Isabelle, please! Don't go!"

These words too carried into the real world, flung out for all to hear, stopping a Lumi in the hallway, having never heard such longing in his Mistresse's voice or such concern. He hated to interrupt, so he hovered on the edge of the door to listen.

Bea stirred, and opened her eyes to Isabelle, tears slid down her cheeks, she reached for the other woman, pulling her close. Both of them laying on the floor. She whispered softly to Isabelle.

"Please don't leave me."
 
"Isabelle, please! Don't go!"

The strength that drew her close, much closer, was surprising for a woman who moments before had slumped to the floor. Isabelle heard herself gasp as Bea drew her against her. Keen eyes spotting tears glistening on her face as her eyes flickered open.

"Please don't leave me."

Isabelle barely knew her. Wasn't entirely sure she even knew her name. Isabelle had no clear idea why she was there, what purpose this mysterious woman had for her. But in that moment none of it mattered.

This woman was hurting. In so many ways, maybe in every way. For some reason she believed Isabelle could help and it would take a thoroughly hardened heart to ignore such need. Far tougher than hers was.

And so Isabelle's arms curled around the woman before her, pulling her until her head was nestled between chin and shoulder. Fingers stroking lightly through hair, lips pressing a caring kiss to temple. Hushing her whimpers as she would a child.

In some ways Isabelle thought Bea was like a child. She didn't doubt she was used to getting her own way and Isabelle could already imagine her possessing a temper that would shake stronger men than she'd ever met. But in that moment she was a frightened, scared child needing comfort and reassurance. So that's what Isabelle gave her.

"I'm not going anywhere. Don't worry."

She whispered, her tone soft. Soothing.

"I promise. I won't leave you, Bea. I won't leave you..."

It was quiet. They were quiet. Two women laid on the carpet, one comforting the other. One hurting, one soothing.

A noise outside, a creak of floorboard and a hissed cursed made Isabelle snap up into a half sitting position. Her hand still held one of Bea's.

"Lumi? Is that you?"

There was a pause and then the door slowly opened. The tall blonde man entering with a tumbler of water in his hand.

"Miss Bea has started to come around," A downward glance showed she had slipped back into a more peaceful unconsciousness once more. "I think she should be taken to her room, she'll be more comfortable there."

Lumi set the glass on a desk, being careful to set it upon a coaster so as not to risk marking the age old, expensive, wood.
"As you wish, Miss Beaulieu." He replied, moving closer to wrap arms around the sleeping woman and lift her with relative ease as he straigthened up again.
Isabelle stood, picking up the cane that had been left where it had clattered down. Useless. Following Lumi towards the door. He turned and looked genuinely surprised to find her behind him.

"If you wait here I'll have a member of the household staff show you to your quarters..."

"I'm coming with you." It wasn't a question.
"I think it would be better if you-"
"I promised I wouldn't leave her." Isabelle's tone was surprisingly firm.

A beat.

"Follow me then, please, Miss Beaulieu."

The journey was wordless. Isabelle's eyes flitting between Bea's face and the corridors they walked along and the stairways they climbed. Looking back, she was sure Lumi had taken them using a far longer route than was necessary. When at last he left the two women along in Bea's bedroom, having deposited his employer upon the biggest bed Isabelle had ever seen, she honestly had no idea where in the massive house she was, nor how to get back to where they had come from.

Carefully, Isabelle did what she could to make her more comfortable. She gingerly lifted her head and added an extra pillow. Eased her shoes from her feet and tucked them under a sheet. Brushed hair from her face and loosened the clothing around her neck and chest slightly.

Satisfied she could do no more without becoming far too familiar with a woman she had only known of for less than an hour, Isabelle pulled a chair close to the bedside and then set about making herself comfortable. Leaning forward onto the mattress and reaching out to hold the woman's hand once more.

"I'm not going anywhere..." She murmured.

Afternoon turned into evening which gradually turned into night and still Isabelle sat at her bedside. She fell asleep, upper body resting on the bed.

For those hours, everything else faded away.

There was nothing but the pair of them.

Isabelle and Bea.

Beauty and the Beast.
 
Last edited:
Lumi watched from the edge of the room, Isabelle never left Bea's side, it was encouraging. He ordered up a meal, knowing that these fainting spells lasted a few hours and Bea would come to all orders and barking grumps.

He did like his boss, the no-holds barred bitch that she was.

One of the lower assistants brought up some tea and set it down, while Lumi checked Bea's pulse, and temperature.

"You may as well seek out your bed, Miss Beauleiu. She will be asleep a few more hours yet. She will send for you once she awakens."

The look that Lumi recieved at this suggestion was enough to send him scattering from the room without another word.

~:rose:~

Bea, however didn't sleep too much longer, her eyelids fluttering open to find Isabelle laying across the bed asleep, the softness of her face made Bea smile. Looking across the room she noticed Lumi, still hovering.

"Yes, Lumi. I'm fine. Please put her into bed with me." Bea whispered across to the man, who nodded and quickly moved Isabelle into bed, the other woman sighing and snuggling into the covers.

"I know, I will talk to her tomorrow. She didn't leave my side did she?"

Lumi's shake of the head only deepened her care for Isabelle, her earlier dream coming back to her with a shudder. Bea knew she was going to have to share with Belle what was going on and what she needed, but maybe after breakfast, or their shopping trip, or maybe tomorrow at dinner.

The tilt of Lumi's head let her know that he knew she was thinking of waiting to ask Isabelle.

"Get out, before I fire you."

Lumi grinned and padded out, nodding his goodnight. Bea, however was contemplating the sleeping woman, and wondering how this was going to go. Still, she yawned and laid back down herself, not bothering to resist cuddling up next to the Isabelle. The woman was warm and smelled of roses.

A deep breath and Bea was asleep once more, dreaming of Isabelle and rose petals.
 
Strange dreams, very strange dreams, came to Isabelle in the night. She was running from something, something oppressive and controlling, something she was terrified of with no one to help her and then by the end of the dream she found herself running towards that self same 'thing'.

Morning eventually cam and she stirred. The first thing Isabelle was aware of was how comfortable she was to say she'd fallen asleep in chair quickly followed by the feeling of not being alone. She frowned, wrinkling her nose and stretching her arms, that was when she hit something soft with one hand. The hand explored as her eyes grew accustomed to the gloom, heavy curtains were drawn over the windows letting in little light and seeming absorb what little managed to creep around them. Whatever it was, it was soft but firm, rounded with a slight peak that seemed to fit perfectly into her palm. Her eyes flew open and she yanked her hand back as if she'd been burnt.

She was in bed. Not just a bed. Bea's bed. And the thing she'd just been squeezing like a fruit in the market place? Her breast, unless she was much mistaken.

Isabelle drew back and away from the sleeping form that had been cozied up to hers, meaning just to put some space between them in case Bea was not as sleepy as it seemed and was fully aware of what had just happened and almost falling clean out of the bed as a result. Were it not for the angle at which she'd slid, she would have. Instead she was backed up against the massive headboard that adorned the head of the bed.

"But I was in the chair..." She murmured in quiet confusion, running a hand through her hair and trying to process what had happened. She glanced down, sighing in relief that she was still fully clothed. A quick look over to Bea, she was as she had been, still clothed. More relief.

"Oh thank goodness, for a moment I was worried something-" It was only then that Isabelle realised she was talking to the eyes that had met hers. That Bea was awake. A blush, bright and warm, coloured Isabelle's cheeks as she tried to kick start her panicking mind into working and putting some words together.

"Morning...I hope you're feeling better...? I'm sorry, I don't know how I ended up in here with you, in your bed I mean. I was in the chair and-"

Another blush.

"I'm rambling. Sorry, and you're probably not really awake yet. I'll leave you..."

Isabelle felt her cheeks would spontaneously combust if she didn't get out of that room as soon as was humanly possible, the least she should do was get out of another woman's bed. Fingers reached out to turn back the sheets and do just that.
 
Bea would like to say that it was the bed moving next to her, or even the rustling of the sheets that woke her up, but the truth is that she hadn't really slept a wink during the night, breathing in Isabelle and listening to the soft murmurs from her dreaming.

She wanted to be in those dreams. So it was that when Isabelle rolled over and stammered, she found Bea's eyes open to her, fully recognizing of the lack of distance between them, and their fully clothed state.

"Morning...I hope you're feeling better...? I'm sorry, I don't know how I ended up in here with you, in your bed I mean. I was in the chair and- I'm rambling. Sorry, and you're probably not really awake yet. I'll leave you..."

God, she was beautiful.

Her hair mussed from the night and the pink blush that rose so easily upon her cheeks, Bea almost reached out to caress her. But Isabelle stopped her, moving to climb out of bed.

Bea's hand curled around the other woman's slender wrist and held her tight, "No. Don't go."

Her voice was soft, and a little pleading. When Isabelle turned to look at her, she tried to smile, part of her face drooping where the nerves had died from her condition, she hoped that it came across as a smile and not a grimace.

"Wait. Listen. If you pay special attention you can hear them scurrying up the stairs to bring us breakfast." Bea's eyes sparkled with mischief, "Give them but a moment and they will burst through the doors with trays laden with every piece of breakfast goodie you can imagine."

Tugging Isabelle back to her side and holding her close, Bea whispered in her ear, "Thank you for not leaving my side."

The words had no sooner had left her lips before the door burst open and Lumi led in several other assistants who carried large trays of food, the smell of which very quickly filled the room with the scent of bacon, eggs, butter, sugar and fruit.

Bea noticed that Lumi spied them together and ushered the other assistants quickly out the door. She grinned at her first assistant and freed Isabelle from her arms, doing her best to nonchalantly ignore the sudden emptiness there.

She pulled herself out of bed with only a little difficulty, catching her breath before standing. Her bare feet sunk into the volumious carpet as she padded over and picked at some of the fruit, biting into a strawberry while pouring herself some tea. Bea turned around a looked at the slightly stunned woman on the bed.

"Miss Beaulieu, I propose we do something fun today. What would you like to do? Name it. Anything you want."
 
"No. Don't go."

Isabelle felt the hand on her wrist a split second after the quiet voice reached her ears. Making her stop her movement towards the edge of the bed and look back over her shoulder at the woman asking her to stay so softly.
Her face changed, or at least the expression did, Isabelle wasn't sure what it was exactly but from the sparkle in the eyes looking back at her she thought it was a smile. So she returned it. Sliding back towards her a little on the bed.

"Wait. Listen. If you pay special attention you can hear them scurrying up the stairs to bring us breakfast."
There was excitement in the voice, a lightness that was entrancing. Isabelle found herself leaning closer, listening for the footsteps Bea insists were coming.

"Give them but a moment and they will burst through the doors with trays laden with every piece of breakfast goodie you can imagine."
"Sounds magical," Isabelle breathed, not wanting to break the silence around them. Spoil the moment. Even when Bea's surprisingly strong, but careful, grip pulled her closer still to allow an arm to wind around her.
"Thank you for not leaving my side."
"I promised you I wouldn't..." She replied to the quiet, close, whisper. "Bea, I-"

Before she could say anything else the door was flung back with no small amount of flair and a small array of staff paraded into the room with massive trays and stands, filling the room with the most delicious scents and making Isabelle's stomach growl somewhat less than elegantly.

Soon they were alone again and she felt Bea moving away. She stood after a brief pause and began to help herself to food. Isabelle pulled herself to the edge of the bed and sat up, running fingers through her hair and trying to straighten her clothes a little.

"Miss Beaulieu, I propose we do something fun today. What would you like to do? Name it. Anything you want."
Isabelle smiled and padded over, looking over the spread and chewing on her lower lip while she tried to decide.
"Something fun?" Fingers selected a bread roll and proceeded to break it open. It was warm, steam seeping out of the broken crust, and Isabelle didn't doubt it'd been freshly baked that morning. Spreading on some butter and dollop of the most delicious looking marmalade she'd ever seen, Isabelle took a bite and sighed loudly. It was the most delicious marmalade. In every way. She smiled shyly as she realised the noise couldn't have been missed by her host.

"Well, I honestly don't know where to begin to think of fun things to do but," She glanced down at her more than slightly wrinkled appearance. "If you could lend me some clothes until I can arrange to have some sent, and possibly a hair brush, then I'm sure I'll be ready to face almost anything."

"It's a Saturday, so back home I'd maybe go for a walk in the countryside...stop off at the market, spend money on silly things. Simple but fun." Isabelle popped the last of the bread into her mouth with a grin.

"What's your idea of fun, Bea?" Isabelle poured herself a tea and moved to sit on the edge of the huge windowsill that ran almost the full length of the room. Sipping her tea and wondering idly if this woman ever got to have any fun and, if she did, if it was the kind of fun she would be able to appreciate.
 
Bea sighed softly, even hopefully. Lumi grinned to himself and continued to comb out Bea's long hair, preparing her for bed that night. She still slept alone, but spent much of her evening and days with Isabelle.

Her Isabelle, who for the past several weeks had rapidly become her world. The woman was a treasure, beautiful, smart, and Bea's very salvation.

Bea hadn't tried to fight it. She'd fallen in love so easily, so quickly and without hesitation. Like she could do anything else. Which had made it even harder to tell Isabelle what she required from her.

Everyday at dinner, Isabelle had asked.

"Why am I here? Why can't I leave?"

And every night Bea had answered.

"I'll tell you tomorrow, my darling. Let us have this night to celebrate...to be together.. to enjoy each other."

Each night a different answer, each night putting off till the tomorrow that never seemed to come. All the while, Bea got worse. At first she'd been able to hide it. To stock up on meds and grit her teeth against the pain.

Lately, that hadn't been working and Isabelle was noticing whenever Bea turned slightly to hide the pain that flashed across her features. The pain on her face hurt worse than the pain that crawled up Bea's body.

"I can't do this for much longer, Lumi."

"No, you cannot," He said simply and continued helping her to prepare for bed, "but you must tell her soon."

Bea knew. She knew Isabelle deserved to know what Bea needed from her. Those cells that would save her, but she'd have to bind her life to Bea's in order to give.

It meant not going home for Isabelle. At least not anytime soon. Bea wasn't sure she was worth that. She wanted to live, but Isabelle... meant something to her.

Even if Bea couldn't yet say the words.


She'd tell her.
Tomorrow.
 
Three weeks. How had it been three weeks already? It was only meant to be a weekend.

Isabelle looked at herself in the mirror, frowning slightly. Where had the time gone?

The days had passed by so quickly, day trips out and shopping excursions, afternoons in the beautiful gardens. The evenings had been no less pleasant but far more intimate. The pair of them dining together every night, with candlelight and seemingly endless conversation.

Isabelle liked to think she got on well with most people but she had to admit to having developed a rather deep sense of something like loyalty for Bea that was surprising given the relative shortness of their acquaintance. She’d suspected there was something there when they’d been out shopping. Bea had been bemoaning Isabelle’s lack of clothing and taken them both to a nearby town. The pair of women wandering idly along between the shops, with Lumi following not far behind. His apparent purpose being to carry bags and open doors.

One shop after another was visited, with plenty of giggling and lots of trying on clothes. Or at least, Bea found things, Isabelle tried them on. She’d just tried on a thoroughly impractical evening gown that Bea insist be bought and was slithering out of it in the changing room when she heard an assistant talking with another customer. They were talking about Bea. Snickering cruelly about her limp, about her face. Isabelle tried to ignore it as she pulled her tea dress back on. Light blue, and another thing Bea insisted be bought. Tried to ignore the white hot anger that started to prickle at her insides. She tried. But she couldn’t. Once dressed, she snatched up the evening gown and flung back the curtain that shielded her from the rest of the women in the changing room.

She’d lectured the saleswoman and the other customer on how to behave in public, that we were not all the same – thank goodness – and that perhaps instead of sneering they should think themselves lucky. The dress had been shoved at the assistant with a sternly worded comment about not wanting to spend money in such a narrow minded establishment. She’d turned to see Lumi hovering near the entrance to the changing room, watching her and her reaction to the women. Her cheeks had pinked and she’d hurried past him to where Bea was waiting. Telling her the dress had a pull in the fabric and it was the last they had. No use wasting that kind of money unless the object was flawless. Bustling her out of the store before anything else could be said.
Isabelle shook her head, thinking back.

She was now settled in the small suite of rooms that Bea had decided should be hers. They were at the opposite end of the very long corridor to where Bea’s own private wing was situated. When she came out of her room there was a massive sweeping staircase that led back down into the main part of the house but on the opposite side of the landing was a door. It was never opened. Locked, she assumed. Certain it was the entrance to the West Hall that Bea was so determined she was never to visit. She must have walked by at least 10 times a day and had yet to see anyone going near it, let along through it. That said, she never asked about it either. She didn’t think she’d get a straight answer anyway.

Every night she asked how much longer she’d be staying and why, indeed, she was there at all. Every night Bea either deflected the questions or flat out ignored them with a smile and a rise of her wine glass.

Isabelle noticed something else that was changing day by day, aside from her growing friendship with the woman. Bea was hurting. More and more. All the time. Isabelle saw her, when she thought she wasn’t looking, in so much discomfort. It pained Isabelle to see her like that. Part of her suspected it was that pain that had caused her to be brought to the house but she couldn’t begin to think how or why. She was a school teacher, not a doctor. Unless reading a fairy tale or making something cute with glitter, sequins and glue could help, Isabelle really didn’t know what she could do.

And it was that which made her want to leave. She hated not being able to help almost as much as she was coming to love spending time with the mysterious woman. And she wanted to help. She wanted to help so badly, Isabelle just couldn’t believe there was any real way she could.

With a sigh Isabelle slipped between the sheets of the massive bed that was now hers and turned out the light. Sending out a silent prayer for the woman, who was probably doing the same thing at the other end of the ridiculously long passageway, that she might find peaceful sleep and less painful day ahead.

Isabelle would ask again tomorrow.
 
"Why am I here?"

These words were soft, hesitant, almost as if Isabelle feared the answer. Bea feared the question almost as much as she fears answering the woman who stared at her, while she stared at her wine and tried to think of the excuse that usually came to mind. That would free her of this guilt for another night.

"You have to tell her, boss."

"Shut up Lumi, just lace up this corset so I can sit up tonight, so I can look into her eyes..."

"So you can tell her the truth?"

"You're fired, Lumi."

He had laced her up, and done so almost lovingly, even when she grunted softly, or cried from the pain that now constantly wracked her body.


The wine was blood colored, the same color that ran through her veins, that held her defective cells, the same as those cells that made Belle so beautiful. So radiant.

The food had tasted off all night, she couldn't place it but she had refused most of her dishes, even though Lumi frowned at her from the corner of the room.

"There is nothing else we can do, Bea. You're dying. You need to tell her." Her doctor stood there in his white coat all smug and distant, knowing that she had no other choices. That her impending death would force her hand. She didn't want to.

"Tell her," he urged, fingering his stethoscope gently, his eyes still on the woman before him.


Bea licked her lips. Took a breath.

She looked up into those brown eyes that she had come to love. She didn't want to hurt her. She couldn't do this. Bea would give it all up for Isabelle's happiness, these few weeks had been the happiest in her life, to steal even a measure of that from Isabelle would be worse than death.

Bea would die.

"Isabelle, thank you for your time here. We are done with your services. Lumi will see you home."

"Boss!" Lumi yelled at her.

"Silence! Lumi make sure Isabelle is packed and home before the evening is out."

Bea stood, nodded at them both without looking at either of them, and left the room, left her heart and her life. Fortunately her room was close, she barely made it before collapsing onto her bed and crying herself to sleep.

Maybe her broken heart would kill her before the rest of her body betrayed her.
 
The meal had been delicious, as it always was. They'd talked and smiled. The staff drifting in and out with practiced ease to change courses without interrupting them for a moment. Isabelle had worn one of the dresses Bea had bought for her. Blue and fashioned from slightly shimmering fabric, simply cut but stunning. It clung to her figure obscenely and Isabelle actually found herself wondering if it might have actually been made for her.

But, as it always did, the time came when the food was finished and there was just wine to be finished. Isabelle took a breath and asked the question she always found herself asking at that point.
"Why am I here?"
But what didn't happen as it always did was Bea didn't deflect her question. At least, not in the way she usually did.

"Isabelle, thank you for your time here. We are done with your services. Lumi will see you home."
"Pardon...?" Isabelle began quietly before being cut off.
"Boss!"
"Silence! Lumi make sure Isabelle is packed and home before the evening is out."

Isabelle stood up sharply, her chair making an unpleasant squeak against the floor.
"Bea! Bea, wait!" She pushed her self out from between table and chair and made to follow her host, but Lumi appeared before her, hand raised slightly to bar her path. "Lumi, let me by."
"I'm afraid I can't. It's more than my job's worth."
"I'm not going to leave her." Isabelle's hands landed firmly on her hips as she stood almost too close to the much taller man. "I promised her and even she can't tell me to just break that promise!"
"Miss Isabelle, please return to your rooms. I'll have one of the maids come to help you pack your things shortly." Lumi's voice wasn't quite the level tone she normally heard.
"I'm. Not. Going." Isabelle replied quietly. Glancing from the door through which Bea had vanished and back to Lumi's face.
"If she won't tell me what's going on here then I'll find out for myself!"

Isabelle darted around Lumi and ran. Heels were not meant for running in but determination proved enough of a catalyst to overcome that small fact. Isabelle tore down the hallways and up the staircase until she came to her destination. The doors to the West Hall. Isabelle hesitated. Chest heaving slightly from the run, cheeks pinked. Body trembling from adrenaline and fear and anger. She wet her lips as the seconds ticked by.

She was certain, almost completely, that the reason she had been brought to Bea's home lay behind the doors before her. Isabelle was torn between forging ahead and running away. She was just as sure that whatever did lie within the West Hall would not be pleasant.

A pause. A breath.

Then a creak as a door was pushed open and she slipped inside.

Beyond the door was a corridor. Not unlike the one where their rooms were located, but this was darker. Colder. The floor tiled and the walls bare. Various doors led off it but, testing each one, she found they were locked. Isabelle frowned as she continued to walk further into the wing of the house that she knew was forbidden. Her keen eyes also noted it was spotless. The floors almost shone in the dark and it smelt of cleanliness, of soap and chemicals. It wasn't abandoned that much was obvious.

Finally she found an unlocked door and stepped into the room beyond. It was an office of sorts. Filing cabinets lined a wall, with a desk in the centre and a couple of chairs. Isabelle chewed on her lower lip as she ran her gaze over the bulletin board and the papers upon it. Charts and graphs, test results. None of which made any sense.

Tentative fingers tested the cabinets. Locked. A click of her tongue in frustration.

Maybe she'd been wrong. Maybe there was nothing to be found after all.
Isabelle turned to go. To head to her rooms and start to pack. Maybe all Bea had wanted was companionship, something to distract her from whatever it was that was so clearly destroying her a little more every day.

Then she saw it. The file lying on the desk. Plain and brown. Perfectly innocuous. She would have ignored it if the little desk lamp hadn't been turned on. If it's weak little bulb hadn't illuminated the name upon it.

Isabelle Beaulieu

She felt a little faint. Shaky legs took her to the desk and she flipped open the file. There was a photo of her, no, several photos. All fairly recent too - shots of her at work, in the town. In her home. Then sheets of her personal details followed by her medical history. Various parts highlighted in vivid, fluorescent tones. Her blood type and other figures that meant nothing to her circled and run through with far too bright yellow, pink and green hues.
"But, I don't...I don't under-" She murmured before the sound of the door shutting made her head snap up.

In front of the door, still dressed from dinner and with her eyes glittering in the light of the lamp, stood Bea.
"Who are you?" Isabelle asked in a worried voice. "What's wrong with you?"
Isabelle took a slight step back, the file filled with her own medical history clutched a little tighter in her hands.
"Why am I here...?" She asked, after a beat.

"I told you never to come in here." Bea replied.

She almost sounded sad.
 
Last edited:
Lumi had found his boss crying, but he had informed her of Isabelle's location in the west wing. Together they had slowly made their way to the west end of the penthouse and found Isabelle quite fraught over her discoveries.

Isabelle threw questions at Bea like they were darts. Her every syllable imbued with pain and confusion, which made Bea want to reach out to her, want to console her. She couldn't. She wouldn't.

Bea would save Isabelle from the monster she was, from the monster she had become. Maybe it would kill her and she wouldn't have to live with the pain of hurting Isabelle anymore.

"I told you never to come in here," her voice was soft and full of sadness, "Why did you come here Isabelle? I asked you not to!"

She stared at the other woman, and imagined a future where she could gather Isabelle up and kiss her tears away. One of her hands almost reached out towards this woman who had so easily won her heart, but she curled her fingers into a fist, and hardened her resolve.

"Get out Isabelle. Now. I don't want you here anymore. You've served your time and I no longer need you."

Bea's heart pounded and she knew this was going to hurt, her body ached and her heart would stop when she ended this moment. She strode strongly to Isabelle's side and wrenched the medical file from her hand and towered over the woman.

"Get out! Now! You don't belong here and I never wanted you here! Get out Isabelle! Never come back here!"

She watched as the woman who could save her life cowered, and then ran. She slammed out the door quickly. Bea let out a long deep breath and wiped her face.

"Oh Isabelle. I'm so sorry." The words were soft and finally her heart slowed, "No!"

Bea collapsed to her knees, and then to her hands, before her body gave out, and then it did. The room swam around her, and she hit the floor with a soft thud. She heard a shriek. She thought it was Isabelle coming back for her.

But Isabelle was gone.
And so was the Beast.
 
Last edited:
Isabelle ran. She didn't know what else to do.

She was scared.
She was angry.
And what scared her the most was that she didn't entirely know what she was more angry about. That she'd been brought to the house with some sinister medical purpose in mind and never been told?
Or that after everything, Bea didn't want her there any more?

Stumbling slightly in her heels, she hurriedly made her way back down the corridor and through into her room. Slamming the door behind her, for the second time in as many minutes she'd done so, she let out a loud cry. Somewhere between a roar of fury and a wail of despair.
"Stupid. This is just...stupid." She began to grumble, viciously dragging out a bag from the wardrobe and starting to stuff clothes into it at random. "I shouldn't care. I don't care."

She was crying. She didn't even realise it until that moment.
Sinking onto the bed, the half empty bag flopped quietly onto the plush carpeting and her head dropped into her hands. She hurt, so badly inside. Her heart ached at the thought of not seeing Bea every day. That she'd been lied to or, rather, had the truth held back from her didn't really matter. Not when she thought about it.
"Oh fuck it. Fuck all of it..." She rubbed furiously at damp cheeks and wet eyes as she stormed towards the door and walked straight into Lumi.

"Please, don't go." Once more she found her path blocked by the blonde man about whom she knew precious little. Another oddity of this place.
She needed to get out, she needed to get out before she got dragged back in.

"Get out of my way, Lumi." Her voice was tearful and low.
"You can't leave her like this."
"Why not? When it's exactly what she wants." Isabelle spat uncharacteristically, lifting her chin to meet his eyes.
"She needs you."
"Maybe she did but she's made it quite clear that she doesn't need me anymore." Isabelle stepped around him and headed for the door. His next, desperately yelled, words stopping her feet and her breathing in once fell swoop.
"If you leave now she'll die!"

Isabelle wanted to go. She wanted her hand to turn the handle and for her feet to carry her out of this cursed place and back into the real world.
She also knew that wasn't true.
Her world was in here, and her world was hurting. Dying.
Turning with fresh, silent tears running down her face she looked back at Lumi.
She didn't need to know how, or why. She didn't need to know medications or latin names. If she was honest, the moment she saw Bea's face, all those weeks ago, a part of her knew instantly that their fates were intertwined like this.

"Take me to her?" Isabelle's question was quietly asked and swiftly responded to. Lumi bustled her back out into the hall that she'd stayed out of for so long. Now though it was a very different place. Lights burned brightly down the length of the corridor beyond the doors, medical staff - identified by their crisp white and green clothing - scurried in and out of rooms that had been locked minutes before. Isabelle didn't doubt this whole team of people had been there all along. Hidden away in some other part of the massive house she had yet to discover.

Somewhere in the quiet chaos a machine was beeping ominously. Somewhere a machine was keeping Bea alive.

Lumi ushered her into one of the formerly locked rooms and Bea was inside. No longer in the gorgeous dress she'd worn for their meal, now in a hospital style gown. White and simple, emphasising the paleness in her face and the colour of those parts which were deformed. But Isabelle only saw Bea and the beauty within her that she'd seen hidden behind those eyes and that crooked smile.

In something of a trance, Isabelle walked towards the bed where she lay. A nurse made to intercept her but a cough from Lumi stopped her in her tracks.
Isabelle reached out to take the hand lying on top of the white smock that covered her body, eyes looking at the various machines around her, their wires and leads a jumbled mess all leading back to Bea.
"Oh Bea..." Isabelle sighed looking back down and squeezing the hand in hers.
"Why couldn't you just tell me?" She leant down and whispered, gently pushing a lock of hair back from her face. "We could have saved so much time. We wasted so much..." A little lower down she bent and pressed her lips to the unconscious woman's forehead.
"But we're not wasting any more." Tentatively she kissed her again, lips pressing tenderly against lips before sighing as she straightened back up.

Turning back to Lumi, her hand still holding Bea's, her face was now determined.
"Tell me. Tell me what I have to do."
 
"And then what happened Mommy?"

Bea smiled down at her daughter. Her daughter. A precious, precocious ball of energy that bore Isabelle's smile.

"What happened, mommy?" Her daughter bounced in her lap and Bea laughed, catching her and holding her close.

"Well, mom fixed mommy. She gave a couple of cells that made mommy all better.

"What are cells? Did it hurt? Did mom cry? Did mommy cry?"

"Alright, you know this story. It's time for bed. You know that mom went to the doctor and they operated on her, and that she married mommy and then we had you!"

Bea cuddled with her daughter, tickling her and tucking her in and making sure their little princess was asleep before she tiptoed out of the room, glancing back at the little girl with a huge smile on her face.

"Mommy." A whisper from the barely darkened room, made Bea pause.

"Yes?" She whispered back to her girl.

"Did you live happily ever after?"

A soft chuckle as she thought of the years, and the life she had gained from Isabelle. How the woman had stayed by her side though the hospital stays, how the genetic therapy had finally worked, how they had finally admitted their feelings and in a fit of pre-surgery romance had gotten married, the baffled cleric rubbing his eyes at the 3am ceremony, while a sobbing Lumi stood nearby. The day that Isabelle confirmed she was finally pregnant and how happy they both were when Zoie made her way into the world.

And finally now, when Bea stood strong and whole and finally complete over her sleeping daughter.

"Yes, my love, we live happily ever after."
 
Back
Top