polite refusal

Your motivation: If you don't sell it well enough, you WILL have to eat her prepared food.

Well seriously, I dont know what kind of people you deal with when you need that much "selling" just to be spared their cooking.

In my entire life all I had to say was "no, thanks, dont like/want" and I never HAD to eat anything I didnt want to. I would sure like to see someone try make me :rolleyes:
 
What's wrong with addressing this before you even leave? 2 days is a long time to go on a silent mission - especially if you're trying to sneak in a meal when she isn't looking. Can't you just ask her..

I'm a little unfamiliar with how food is kept from spoiling when we're camping? Should I plan on bringing boxed milk for cereal? I get a little nervous when ____ isn't kept refrigerated so I'll just bring ____. If that sounds good to you.. I can bring enough for everybody and plan one of the meals...

Truthfully, you can buy a cooler now that will keep items cold for 3 days. Maybe they're better at this than you think. or maybe they aren't aware of a problem and it would be worth buying the cooler for the group.
 
Some foods will keep fine with no refrigeration for several days. Apple, cookies, trail mix, dehydrated fruit, crackers, potato chips (crisps in the UK I guess?) You could ask her to provide a specific food which she doesn't cook, so her skill or lack thereof wouldn't be involved.
 
...I'll be cooking a breakfast with bacon n eggs, grass, sheep droppings and a dash of dead bugs. So long as the temp is high enough for an appropriate time we're safe :p

And all this time, I thought 'British cuisine' was an oxymoron.;)

Okay, in all seriousness, why no ice chest? They are ubiquitous in the US.
 
To wrap this up: we had a reheated home-made Chinese sauce and sticky rice for Friday evening's meal. I was too hungry to get picky, but we "cooked the fuck out of it" before it was eaten. No one died.
We had a great weekend :)
 
Back
Top