Top Lists

Mareus

Really Experienced
Hi,

I waited patiently for one of my stories to finally hit that magical 100 votes barrier to get it listed in the top 75 for its category. The day eventually arrived and I skipped over to the top list and looked to the top where I expected to see my story in all its glory and... it's not there. In fact, it doesn't appear to be anywhere in the top list. I wrote to the guys who run Lit but got no answer. I've searched the FAQs and writer's resources but again, can't find anything to help explain why my story's not listed.

Can anyone help explain why my story's not listed? It is and has always been enabled for voting just like all my other stories. I have a number of them in the top list and can see no difference between them and the story that's missing.

Thanks for reading.

Mareus.

Not sure what you meant by "wrote to the guys who run Lit." If you mean you e-mailed, it didn't go anywhere. Despite what the various guidance on the Web site to e-mail, they apparently don't open any e-mails. You would need to PM (Private Message--system at the top right of this page) to Laurel to contact them. That said, it's happened to me too. I just did an "oh well" shrug and moved on.

Thanks

Not sure what you meant by "wrote to the guys who run Lit." If you mean you e-mailed, it didn't go anywhere. Despite what the various guidance on the Web site to e-mail, they apparently don't open any e-mails. You would need to PM (Private Message--system at the top right of this page) to Laurel to contact them. That said, it's happened to me too. I just did an "oh well" shrug and moved on.

Thanks for the advice - much appreciated.

Mareus

I don't like giving away company secrets but if I were you I'd change my LITEROTICA name to something that starts with an s. - perhaps Sareus would be the easiest.

Why you ask?

Well , there just happens to be a glitch in the LITEROTICA computers which gives a decided edge to "S" authors. For example how many of LITEROTICA'S Top 25 "Most Favorited" authors would you expect to have pen names sstarting with "S"? One, or perhaps two? Well guess what? 8 of the top 25 are "S's"! 32 percent!!!

M to S. Do it quickly and fame and fortune await...

scouries
Slickman
silkstockingslover
Serena_Kitten
samslam
secretme
sarahhh
SecretFantasy69

There are different top lists -- 30 days, 12 months, and all-time, I think. I would also think that just b/c you hit 100 votes doesn't mean you'll automatically get listed on any of those. It depends on rating as well as votes. However, I don't usually look at those lists, so I'm not sure what all goes into getting listed.

Well, I've just found four of your stories on the all-time top list of TS and CD. Congrats on those! Were you expecting to see a fifth?

I've noticed that the top lists aren't updated as frequently as scores, so that could be the reason. It might appear tomorrow. :)

It's going to need a score of at least 4.65 and 114 votes to qualify.

Last edited:
Each toplist only updates once per day. If you just hit 100 votes, then it will be a while before it shows up.

Well, I've just found four of your stories on the all-time top list of TS and CD. Congrats on those! Were you expecting to see a fifth?

I've noticed that the top lists aren't updated as frequently as scores, so that could be the reason. It might appear tomorrow. :)

It's going to need a score of at least 4.65 and 114 votes to qualify.

Thanks for the congrats - appreciated. The story concerned is The Compromise in TS/CD and has a rating of 4.84 and 106 votes so it's exceeded the 100-mark for a while now. Some stories have less than 106 votes and are listed so it is difficult to understand why it's not showing unless, as Scouries suggests, there's a problem with the voting system.

Back