John O'hara

J

JAMESBJOHNSON

He didn't write tons of erotica but what he wrote is excellent because its entirely action and dialog with little description.

John O'Hara quote, describing a seedy hotel lobby in the 1940s:
The women were anybody's women, trying not to think of the day when nobody would want them.

Thanks for the tip JBJ. I wonder if the New Yorker stories collection would be a good choice? They have that at the Barnes and Noble. I searched for John O'hara erotica but didn't find anything specific - not that it's got to be erotica. I'll take a good story over average erotica any time.

Thanks for the tip JBJ. I wonder if the New Yorker stories collection would be a good choice? They have that at the Barnes and Noble. I searched for John O'hara erotica but didn't find anything specific - not that it's got to be erotica. I'll take a good story over average erotica any time.

He wrote a few erotic stories I think are wonderful but theyre more along the lines of woman flirts and teases man then has a screaming fit when he acts. Butterfield 8 is about a call girl, Rage to Live is about a promiscuous teen who becomes a loose woman.

Cool. I'll be laid up for a couple of weeks in August. I'll make sure I have those on my bedside table.

Back