The Last Thing You Thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.
"In my writing experience, as I've become a better writer and started writing with writers who are better writers than I am, I've become a better writer and I think that if you would like to be a better writer you should write with writers who are better writers and it will make your writing better"

I'd say eleven times in one, admittedly long, sentence is pretty damn good.

No, you SHOULD say something. I try to be more careful, but I make mistakes.
Call me on it
People can be blind.

*nods*
I think I am just...sensitive.
And you, as a GG, never make mistakes.
You as Vail, are apt to, but never out of a want or need to be hateful, spiteful, mean
That makes you tons better than the average person.

"In my writing experience, as I've become a better writer and started writing with writers who are better writers than I am, I've become a better writer and I think that if you would like to be a better writer you should write with writers who are better writers and it will make your writing better"

Try saying that ten times.

and his head explodes...

its not that I think my writing is bad, and I have recently gotten some big compliments on it, however I read some other writers here and go those compliments are totally not deserved. haha

yes I love having authors that challenge me, and as someone who mirrors my partner to some degree I find the best stories I've written are with people that give me a lot to work with.

that being said its fun to have a shorter post driven thread which is more about the interaction and the play back and forth that type is fun too.

I wish I had more time to write than I do aalso

So write one thread instead of three. Put care into every single post, even in the lounge, there are many of us who write here together and we seek each other out in the lounge.

If I came across your post written exactly as it is right now, I'd skip you as a co-writer, because there is no care put into how you present. I love writing, twisting and turning my words to wrap and bind my co-writers, to tease them, to take them to higher places or leave them drenched in despair, and if I can do that by the mere use of words then I had better be careful to always love my words.

Spelling, grammar, punctuation, all count. All of the time. It doesn't have to be perfect, but it must be invitingly readable.

So write one thread instead of three. Put care into every single post, even in the lounge, there are many of us who write here together and we seek each other out in the lounge.

If I came across your post written exactly as it is right now, I'd skip you as a co-writer, because there is no care put into how you present. I love writing, twisting and turning my words to wrap and bind my co-writers, to tease them, to take them to higher places or leave them drenched in despair, and if I can do that by the mere use of words then I had better be careful to always love my words.

Spelling, grammar, punctuation, all count. All of the time. It doesn't have to be perfect, but it must be invitingly readable.

This. A thousand times this.

Also, the Lounge is a great place to find good and gifted people, if you're willing to work to deserve writing with them. The Odyssey thread I'm working on, every single person writing it with me.. or that will be writing it with me.. I found and recruited from here, instead of just throwing it open to whoever. Much better control, much less muck to wade through, and I know the quality of writer I'm getting going in.

yes, and this is why I write my posts in ms word rather in this reply box because I do miss gramatical or spelling errors.

my lack of sight tends to provide several unique challenges in that area. I of course take much more care with a post than I did with my reply...

yes, and this is why I write my posts in ms word rather in this reply box because I do miss gramatical or spelling errors.

my lack of sight tends to provide several unique challenges in that area. I of course take much more care with a post than I did with my reply...

Chrome, Safari and I'm relatively sure Firefox all have spell check. Beyond that the only real thing wrong is a capitalization here and there. Not that you were inviting critiques.

I just hate to see what I estimate to be eminently wasted possibilities. Mais! The choice is yours darling. You just sounded wistful about improvement.

This. A thousand times this.

Also, the Lounge is a great place to find good and gifted people, if you're willing to work to deserve writing with them. The Odyssey thread I'm working on, every single person writing it with me.. or that will be writing it with me.. I found and recruited from here, instead of just throwing it open to whoever. Much better control, much less muck to wade through, and I know the quality of writer I'm getting going in.
yes, recruiting from here would help in some ways, although sometimes its nice to look outside of here to see what new tallent there is.

Chrome, Safari and I'm relatively sure Firefox all have spell check. Beyond that the only real thing wrong is a capitalization here and there. Not that you were inviting critiques.

I just hate to see what I estimate to be eminently wasted possibilities. Mais! The choice is yours darling. You just sounded wistful about improvement.

Firefox does, yeah.

It also has a handy little add-on called Lazerus that saves everything you type in a text box, so if you're almost done with a post and your power goes out or the internet goes down or your browser crashes, you just go back to the thread when you can, right-click, find your post, and viola!, it's back.

Saved my ass more than once with that.

not exactly... and those browsers are not readily accessible to my screenreader as is internet explorer.

not so much whistful as I said more humbled as in, no matter how good you think you are there is always someone who is so much better. of late I've not had time to read writing from anyone and I was just blown away by the tallent I was reading.

Last thought

I am sooo friggin' lucky that I am writing with a poppet. She amazes me...all the flippin' time.

Checking out that Lazarus thing.

I have spell check on everyone of my browsers and downloaded 2 extra ones for medical terminology.

If I didn't I'd be screwed.

Anyway, the last thing I thought was:

FUCKITY fuck fuck fuck

How the hell did this happen?

I have more dresses than pants, more skirts than shorts, I had my eyebrows waxed today, and I have fru-fru shiny silverish nail polish on... OH... MOTHER FUCKER. Also, I broke a heel today and there was a ruffle on my shirt. I swear if I stop burping and start holding in farts I hope my inner child bursts through my chest, cuts me in to pieces and uses me as bait for a much needed fishing trip.

I have more dresses than pants, more skirts than shorts, I had my eyebrows waxed today, and I have fru-fru shiny silverish nail polish on... OH... MOTHER FUCKER. Also, I broke a heel today and there was a ruffle on my shirt. I swear if I stop burping and start holding in farts I hope my inner child bursts through my chest, cuts me in to pieces and uses me as bait for a much needed fishing trip.

A girly Nina!
I approve of this whole-heartedly!! :heart:

I have spell check on everyone of my browsers and downloaded 2 extra ones for medical terminology.

FUCKITY fuck fuck fuck

YOU BROKE A HEEL?! :eek:

I would honestly cry...

FUCKITY fuck fuck fuck

*hysterical giggling from the ether*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back