France is for Hetro-Lovers

It was incredible how much attention this was getting over the holidays. Yes, I was in France.

"Delbaere says she cannot understand the French reluctance to grant lesbians access to medically-assisted procreation, which is offered only to heterosexual couples facing fertility problems."

This statement is inaccurate, which leads me to the hypocrisy of the situation. Single women can go in for 'medically-assisted procreation,' and have it either paid for by the state or get the money reimbursed, exactly like hetero couples. Lesbians are turned away because of the old bugaboo, "Well, if they wanted a baby, they could do it the old-fashioned way."

Yeah, if that's the rationale, the government should be turning away the single women too.
 
France is nowhere near as 'progressive' as it likes to believe. Remember, it remains the most antisemitic nation in Europe and prejudice is prejudice.
 
Not to mention that it has the gigantic shadow of the Catholic Church, which despite the fact that most French people don't go to church, still continues to poison the well of society there. I guess the French like taking moral lessons from a church that covered up child abuse and continues to do so,and whose idea of sexuality rests in the medieval period, rather than support the creation of new families
 
If they pay for singles, why don't the lesbians just lie. Not that they should have to, the discrimination is fucked up, but in that circumstance I would lie.
 
If they pay for singles, why don't the lesbians just lie.
Yeah, that's the big ol' loophole. I'd be surprised if a few hadn't taken advantage of it. Of course, I don't know how the system works there since I'm only in France a couple times a year.

When I was trying, my partner and I went together. Of course, he was needed....

I guess I'm with you, carlie, I'd totally lie if I had to and really wanted a baby. However, the system in France might require more than the system I'm used to.
 
The word PROGRESSIVE has come a long way since Teddy Roosevelt coined it a century ago. Back then it was restricted to political and economic issues like monopolies and direct election of US Senators. Today it applies to whatever our Fruited Plain Nutcakes can imagine.
 
The word PROGRESSIVE has come a long way since Teddy Roosevelt coined it a century ago. Back then it was restricted to political and economic issues like monopolies and direct election of US Senators. Today it applies to whatever our Fruited Plain Nutcakes can imagine.

Yeah, it's like people have had new ideas in the last century!
 
Mass rally against gay marriage held in Paris

Hundreds of thousands march through the French capital over planned legislation permitting same-sex marriage.

Harlem Desir, the Socialist Party's First Secretary, said the size of the demonstration would have no impact on the government's plans.

"The right to protest is guaranteed in our country but I'd remind everyone that we are fully committed to enshrine in law the principle that all those who love each other should have the right to marry and adopt," Desir said.

Gay marriage opponents such as Cardinal Andre Vingt-Trois, head of the Catholic Church in France, have asked why Hollande is pushing through a divisive social reform called "marriage for all" when voters seem more concerned about "jobs for all".

Can't please everybody, all the time I guess.
 
Back
Top