Notifications from Favorited Authors?

ifoifo

Experienced
[re-posting. Originally posted in "How To"]

I'm fairly new to Lit and still figuring things out here and there. I noticed that Lit offers the ability to "favorite" authors - which is cool, in the case where I find someone who's stuff I like, I can look to see who they're reading. But what I want to know is: will I be notified somehow, when my favorited authors post something new? Or visa versa, will my followers be notified when I post something new?

If so, where and how does this happen?

From my observations, it looks like Lit doesn't have this feature - which seems weird. As though they built something only halfway, and then walked away leaving it unfinished.

[re-posting. Originally posted in "How To"]

I'm fairly new to Lit and still figuring things out here and there. I noticed that Lit offers the ability to "favorite" authors - which is cool, in the case where I find someone who's stuff I like, I can look to see who they're reading. But what I want to know is: will I be notified somehow, when my favorited authors post something new? Or visa versa, will my followers be notified when I post something new?

If so, where and how does this happen?

From my observations, it looks like Lit doesn't have this feature - which seems weird. As though they built something only halfway, and then walked away leaving it unfinished.

Unfortunately, you are correct.

That would be a cool feature but sadly no, Lit doesn't have it.

As for why, I can only speculate. With the number of people writing and reading on Lit the server size would have to double just for the e-mails and/or notifications. That costs money and the only way to make that money would be with more ads and such.

Laurel and Manu seem to like keeping the site as uncluttered as possible.

I do it, kind of, but its not through lit. When people have contacted me with an e-mail I reply and ask them if they want to know when I have something new out on lit or something new for sale.

I use constant contact so all I have to do is send one e-mail and everyone gets it.

This is something that is in the works for the future, along with other features. Stay tuned!

This is something that is in the works for the future, along with other features. Stay tuned!

That will certainly be an interesting feature. If it goes live, I would imagine there would be more readers favoriting authors.

i guess it could be valuable. or you could just check the authors name everytime you log on

Guess we'll just have to check that the hard way until Lit adds that.

Last edited:
Dont know if this is a dead issue, but when I go to view my submissions, while waiting to see if a story was approved, there's a spot for recent activity. There, I can see when people add me to their favorite author's list, or favorite one of my stories. Is that what you mean?

No, that's been there since the favorites feature came out. I think they're talking about readers getting notifications when one of the authors in their favorites list posts a new story.

Dont know if this is a dead issue, but when I go to view my submissions, while waiting to see if a story was approved, there's a spot for recent activity. There, I can see when people add me to their favorite author's list, or favorite one of my stories. Is that what you mean?

No, the OP was more talking about receiving notifications when an author you have favorited posts something new.

I do it myself by asking the reader which story (s)he liked (sometimes they neglect to tell you) and making recommendations for similar reads. I will notify them myself if I put something out that I think they might enjoy.

I had a list of email addresses that I would send updates to for new stories, chapters, etc., but it's all dusty now since I haven't posted in so long. :( I'm not sure I'll use it anymore, really, except perhaps one final one to say just that.

I had a list of email addresses that I would send updates to for new stories, chapters, etc., but it's all dusty now since I haven't posted in so long. :( I'm not sure I'll use it anymore, really, except perhaps one final one to say just that.

I've just started doing this. Not sure how useful it is, but I like it.

Back