Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's ridiculous

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Virgin Mary erotica

Hello everyone,

This is a redefinition of the topic of this thread:

What is your opinion about poets/writers who decide to write about the Virgin Mary in their erotic literature?

Last edited:
There is extensive literature about false and erotic worship of the Virgin Mary. If you search Mariolatry or Virgin Mary + sex - you will find it.

Part of the problem was that the medieval Church banned realistic depictions of women, but the Virgin Mary was acceptable. Some of the 'Virgins' were distinctly unvirginal and were sold, and bought, as sexual depictions.

Even some modern artists can produce representations of the Virgin Mary that shock:

madonna.jpg

00YKTt-337051584.jpg

That one is in Ely Cathedral and is by David Wynne 1926 - 2014. It is known as 'Nelly Knockers' by some of the cathedral volunteers.

statuesign.jpg

I suggest that you read "The Myth of the Goddess" -"Evolution of an Image by Anne Baring and Jules Cashford. That traces the worship of idealised female figures for thousands of years before the BVM.

If you want to study the divine feminine as inspiration in poetry, Robert Graves' "The White Goddess" is essential.

And if you want to stick with Mary read Marina Warners " Alone of all her sex - The Myth and cult of the Virgin Mary."

All three are fascinating books, The White Goddess in particular is an extraordinarily complex book yet Graves wrote it in about 10 weeks. It would probably not have been published without the help of TS Eliot, a fact for which Graves (typically) wasn't the slightest bit grateful.

You're certain God is displeased by this poem, but here you are sharing it anyway while
discouraging Satanists from chiming in and insisting your intentions are honorable.

Perhaps one of the voices in your head could help you perform an exorcism on yourself.

EDIT:

Welcome.

Thanks Mr Oggbashan, you're quite the academic! Interesting contribution. I didn't quite know about the history of such a strange thing as this, but it makes a lot of sense. I guess I wasn't quite sure what to make of it. Strange depictions indeed! In my opinion, this has a lot to say about society, its confusion and probably more, but I haven't studied psychology and I wouldn't know where to begin if I were to analyse this. A strange, almost grotesque thing it is when a society begins to sexualise the very divinities and saints whose examples they once set out to follow!

I'm also much obliged, Ishtat, for your contribution. I guess I'll buy those books then, wonderful suggestions. I must tell you, I have transcribed the previous poem for sport, as something like a sociological experiment to analyse how people respond to something like this, but this is all vital information I will be using for a paper on Religion which I will soon be turning in. I shall certainly include your suggested books in the contents section. Thanks!

Thanks Magnetron for your contribution too. As emotional as it was, it's also played its part. However, I would like to clarify to you that academic contributions may be more preferable here, because they are less emotional and more objective about the subject. Do you have anything academic you could help me with?

Precisely subjectivity and all the bias it implies is the reason why I've discouraged Satanist contributions above, it's not censorship, don't worry.

Yes, satanists could tell me I've done the "honourable" thing here by publishing this poem, and someone else, a Moralist maybe, will say to me that I've done wrong, but right and wrong is not entirely relevant here, beacuse this is a sociological question.

So if you've liked the poem, don't be ashamed and just go ahead and say it, there's a polls section right above this page. That's all just fine with me, and it would make this thread more scientifically gratifying. Does anyone else think I've done wrong here? Let me know your thoughts!

Thanks Magnetron for your contribution too. As emotional as it was, it's also played its part. However, I would like to clarify to you that academic contributions may be more preferable here, because they are less emotional and more objective about the subject. Do you have anything academic you could help me with?

Precisely subjectivity and all the bias it implies is the reason why I've discouraged Satanist contributions above, it's not censorship, don't worry.

Yes, satanists could tell me I've done the "honourable" thing here by publishing this poem, and someone else, a Moralist maybe, will say to me that I've done wrong, but right and wrong is not entirely relevant here, beacuse this is a sociological question.

So if you've liked the poem, don't be ashamed and just go ahead and say it, there's a polls section right above this page. That's all just fine with me, and it would make this thread more scientifically gratifying. Does anyone else think I've done wrong here? Let me know your thoughts!

Well, writer aside ..... it sounds to me like whoever the poem is about has some form of mental illness.

No pun intended, but right out of the box ..... if the girlfriend is not a "Believer", then wouldn't Mary just be like any other woman to her? What then makes this woman who hasn't even walked the earth for 2000 years the object of such fixation?

So the poem isn't making much sense from Line 2 to the end, because the girlfriend makes no sense.

Otherwise, it sounds like just another fetish that sprung out of the ground from roots established in childhood. I'm habitually turned on by [a] because I habitually associate it with .

And despite being well written, the poem isn't erotic in the slightest. The language is too generic for the mind to become engaged and conjure associations that are sexually stimulating.

It does have a certain shock jock appeal, but this is severely negated when read by like someone like me who has no problem churning out poems about getting ass fucked by Satan.

Take my word for it, I'm the least emotional poet in this establishment. What I gave you in both of my replies is objective feedback.

There is math in this topic that does not add up.

Last edited:
So, unless the poem is rewritten to include a hint towards either mental illness or fetish, the option nearest to my assessment would be "ridiculous".

This would be the recently submitted version that Pamtimaedias2001 even more recently removed from this topic.

http://www.literotica.com/p/to-the-virgin-mary

To the Virgin Mary

byPamtimaedias2001©

TO THE VIRGIN MARY

My girlfriend says she'd kiss your ass
And she is no believer;
She says she wants to lift your robes
And kiss and lick your holy beaver.

She says you're an exception
-That for you there's so much she would do-,
That no woman here on earth
Deserves the tribbing that you do.

She told me she would worship you
Your feet she'd kiss, her pride she'd bury;
I asked her why, she said she would
Because you are the Virgin Mary.

She says if she could pray to you
She'd ask for you to come to her;
She said she'd be your bitch,
That she'd be only yours forever!

She says that you could be in charge,
She'd let you be above her
She says she'd kiss your bush with love;
She'd be your licking lover.

What should I do, oh Virgin pure?
My girl would lick your cherry.
I asked her why; she said she would
Because you are the Virgin Mary.

Last edited:
Like I said, it is well written.

However, if your going to perpetuate it as "erotic poetry" while using it as a springboard for a sociological debate and place demands on the participants ( like somebody else we know around here ),

then you need to bring your A Game.

I'm choosing unwritten option:

It's just another day at Literotica

Like I said, it is well written.

However, if your going to perpetuate it as "erotic poetry" while using it as a springboard for a sociological debate and place demands on the participants ( like somebody else we know around here ),

then you need to bring your A Game.

I'm choosing unwritten option:

Thanks for re-posting the poem, Magnetron. Actually, I don't really think it's that good, and I chose to get rid of it because it sucks, actually, not to mention the horrible content. Fortuntely I cannot claim full ownership for it, it's just a second draft, and mediocrely finished. Trust me, perpetuating it was the last thing on my mind when I took it off this board. By the way, what does "bring your A game" mean?

So where do I find this poem to judge one way or the other?

It's been reposted by Magnetron. Brace yourself, it's not a beautiful read, though, it's quite controversial. It Kind of makes you wish the poet had remembered what Oscar Wilde said in the preface to Dorian Grey:

"Those who find ugly meanings in beautiful things are corrupt without being charming. This is a fault".

So where do I find this poem to judge one way or the other?

So, unless the poem is rewritten to include a hint towards either mental illness or fetish, the option nearest to my assessment would be "ridiculous".

I guess I couldn't agree with you more. It's ridiculous as much as it is irrelevant, but sadly one finds a lot of things similar to this on the internet. I think the case here is fetish, though, according to what has been described to me, ie the situation that triggered the creation of this Poem, but I'm no psychologist. All I know is that it's a very weird situation, although to me a fetish and a mental illness are very similar. I honestly don't quite like your disposition thus far, Magnetron you're a bit defensive, but yours has been a good assessment. Good on you for that, I didn't know you knew about psychology so well.

Magnetron says:
"It's just another day at Literotica"
True!

If Mary was the mother of Jesus then Mary cannot have been a virgin, unless you believe in metaphysics. So there is nothing "virginally" erotic about her, therefore the poem flops on the erotic side.
But what a lot of bollocks for serious people to be involved in and I apologize for my participation.

Sorry, I saw a shiny object and wandered off.

Again, I am a firm believer in putting up or shutting up.

Praying For Mary To Come

Rather than requesting guidance from a saint
To unfetter her from this lack of self restraint
She often prays these latter days
Channeling a kindred spirit
Another supposed virgin

Rarely on her knees
Genuflecting
In ways that may seem strange to most
You could say
On the verge of sin
Enraptured

Quivering fingers dipping into her chalice
Delicately offered up
As if held in place by both
The righteous left and right thumb
Belonging to hands of some unseen holy ghost

Hear her softly sing

As she moans

Almost in choiring,

Please,
Sister Mother Mary
Be one with me
Daughter of the Lamb
Led to the slaughter
Speared on a wooden cross

Your humble servant
I am
Sharing in your loss
My womb likewise salted
Bearing the curses of Lot

Feel my fervent
Devotion to your Son
Intensely burning

Burning white hot
Yearning for His Return

Burning

Sister Mother Mary,
Will you come for me?
Will your Son comfort me?
Mary, will you come?
Mary, will you
come for
me ?!?

Breathlessly
Taking the communion
Captured with trembling fingertips
A compulsive need to savor it
Tongue licking
Lips smacking

Wanting so badly to believe this
Wine
Was once upon a time
Water
Made to receive a simple carpenter's blessing

Poured out from an empty vessel
Very intimately
So inappropriately
Touched by the hand of God

Replenished
When His song was sung
Filled with seed
Divine enough to conceive
A Savior fit to be King

I can't find a place to vote for what I think. It's a vaguely dirty ditty so I suppose it comes under blasphemous, not specifically because it's about sex but because it's not worthy of the subject.

Praying For Mary To Come

Another supposed virgin

Rarely on her knees
Genuflecting
You could say
On the verge of sin
Enraptured

Delicately offered up

Hear her softly sing

As she moans

Almost in choiring,

Please,
Sister Mother Mary
Be one with me
Daughter of the Lamb
Led to the slaughter

Your humble servant
I am
Sharing in your loss
My womb likewise salted

Feel my fervent
Devotion to your Son
Intensely burning

Burning white hot
Yearning for His Return

Burning

Sister Mother Mary,
Will you come for me?
Mary, will you come?
Mary, will you
come for
me ?!?

Breathlessly
Taking the communion
Tongue licking
Lips smacking

Wine
Was once upon a time
Water

Very intimately
So inappropriately

Replenished
When His song was sung
Filled with seed
A Savior fit to be King

Magnetron, that wasn't just beautifully written but also conceptually sublime; thanks so much for adding that. You know, I felt very relieved by it, like you've had your heart in the right place when you wrote it. That just puts the poem I published to utter shame, a vile creation indeed, the Serpent is defeated by Mary, as always. Thanks for helping me realise this.

Praying For Mary To Come

Another supposed virgin

Rarely on her knees
Genuflecting
You could say
On the verge of sin
Enraptured

Delicately offered up

Hear her softly sing

As she moans

Almost in choiring,

Please,
Sister Mother Mary
Be one with me
Daughter of the Lamb
Led to the slaughter

Your humble servant
I am
Sharing in your loss
My womb likewise salted

Feel my fervent
Devotion to your Son
Intensely burning

Burning white hot
Yearning for His Return

Burning

Sister Mother Mary,
Will you come for me?
Mary, will you come?
Mary, will you
come for
me ?!?

Breathlessly
Taking the communion
Tongue licking
Lips smacking

Wine
Was once upon a time
Water

Very intimately
So inappropriately

Replenished
When His song was sung
Filled with seed
A Savior fit to be King

I can't find a place to vote for what I think. It's a vaguely dirty ditty so I suppose it comes under blasphemous, not specifically because it's about sex but because it's not worthy of the subject.

I agree. It's not just irrelevant to Mary's true nature, it's utter perversion, I realise that such "poetic" creation as this (the one I posted) reveals that someone is seeing things in a completely wrong way, intentionally. I think I kind of regret having posted it now and made a thread about such rubbish. Writing something like this is like being voluntarily blind to the way things are, perhaps out of sheer rebelliousness against the Divine.

However, the interesting Thing is that one could write endless blasphemy and still Mary remains the spiritual, virtuous, good Mother that she is. Evil words do not affest her at all because God is on her side. There is a reason why God chose her amongst all the other women in the world to have his Son. Her virtue and closeness to Him is and cannot be questioned, lest we waste our time. There's no changing the fact that Mary is on God's side, and that she is very powerful in her humility. Poems like this (not Magnetron's; the one I published) are nothing but negative wishful thinking that goes no-where. Poems like Magnetron's lead somewhere, and somewhere good.

I agree. It's not just irrelevant to Mary's true nature, it's utter perversion, I realise that such "poetic" creation as this (the one I posted) reveals that someone is seeing things in a completely wrong way, intentionally. I think I kind of regret having posted it now and made a thread about such rubbish. Writing something like this is like being voluntarily blind to the way things are, perhaps out of sheer rebelliousness against the Divine.

However, the interesting Thing is that one could write endless blasphemy and still Mary remains the spiritual, virtuous, good Mother that she is. Evil words do not affest her at all because God is on her side. There is a reason why God chose her amongst all the other women in the world to have his Son. Her virtue and closeness to Him is and cannot be questioned, lest we waste our time. There's no changing the fact that Mary is on God's side, and that she is very powerful in her humility. Poems like this (not Magnetron's; the one I published) are nothing but negative wishful thinking that goes no-where. Poems like Magnetron's lead somewhere, and somewhere good.

Sorry I went all theological on you there, but I couldn't help my thoughts!

Back