R.I.P. JamesBJohnson

Magnetron

Deep Under Groundhog
The man who knew so much about poetry, yet shared so little of his knowledge and skill.

According to Laurel (in an AH thread about him), JBJ left of his own accord for personal reasons. I wish him well.

Having said that, maybe we can all stay focused on poetry and remember that baiting those who seem to come here for other reasons is not in the forum's best interests. Most people here want to write and discuss poems, not get into personal kerfuffles.

I once named one of my cats,, Kerfuffle. Kind of miss her.
~yeah, i've been drinking

I had a cat who went unnamed for about a month. She was a really rowdy one. finally after weeks of yelling "Get your claws out of the drapes, damn it! Get down off the table, damn it! etc. We finally decided it was a good name, Dammit!

And this shows his affect on you, that you started this.

I hope JBJ is still watching, and laughing.

I think you are confused about who is laughing.

He voluntarily showed up in the PF&D recently because he was running low on attention. We gave him plenty of opportunity to critique our poetry and offer some of his own. He could do neither, despite repeatedly informing us all that we wrote garbage. We stopped replying to him.

Like so many others at Lit, JBJ racked up a massive post count saying absolutely nothing of value worth reading. Such well spent time that could have been used towards constructive pursuits, leaving behind tangible results.

And now he is gone.

You could count on him

The man who knew so much about poetry, yet shared so little of his knowledge and skill.

JBJ was consistently incendiary. Like Rush Limbaugh, he grew to be a cartoonish diversion, nothing more. He gave the forums some texture at least. He was like Colbert's character on the Colbert Report.

Last edited:
He's not gone, he just changed over to a new name. All in caps just like the last one.

I had a cat who went unnamed for about a month. She was a really rowdy one. finally after weeks of yelling "Get your claws out of the drapes, damn it! Get down off the table, damn it! etc. We finally decided it was a good name, Dammit!

I have a cat i just call "little ass hole"
She seems to take pride in it.

JBJ was consistently incendiary. Like Rush Limbaugh, he grew to be a cartoonish diversion, nothing more. He gave the forums some texture at least. He was like Colbert's character on the Colbert Report.

That's pretty much what I thought. Except for the texture part: to me it was more a distraction. But it seemed clear to me from a few things he said that he did know literature. And I agree with some things he said about Lit poetry although he probably thinks what I write is crap, too.

Back