The Literotica Tag team competition?

But that is the challenge and the exercise.

Looking at this list an ideal pairing for me would MSTarot or Laracasse, but that would be no stretch.

matching up with Pennlady or Patinetlee would require work and not just going along to my own drummer. I'd have to learn a new beat.

Why not jump in JB?

I don't play well with others. Too impatient. I either do all the work or eat the Boss's Size bottle of ROLAIDS waiting on my partner to saddle-up.

But that is the challenge and the exercise.

Looking at this list an ideal pairing for me would MSTarot or Laracasse, but that would be no stretch.

matching up with Pennlady or Patinetlee would require work and not just going along to my own drummer. I'd have to learn a new beat.

Why not jump in JB?

How would you know? I don't think you've read anything I've written! :eek:

;)

Okay so in addition to seeing if we can bring in some more people this is what we are working on.

1-category or theme-I think category as separate categories get into vote and audience differentials.

I have to say that Erotic Couplings might be best if we don't want chain stories, as I think EC allows for a wide variety of content. However, we might want to work out some boilerplate language as slyc did for FAWC to let the reader know what's going on.

2-who handles the pairings? I mentioned Ladyver, PL volunteered, I would prefer not to as its my idea and I'm not sure if everyone would be okay with me doing it. Also I would prefer not to know it would spoil some of the fun.

I'm good with LadyVer doing it, although at last count there were 13 participants if everyone is a go, so again, I could sit it out and do the pairings.

3-are we putting any rules or constrictions on this? Not sure what they would be, but I want evreyone to get a say in this.

Not quite sure what any rules would be either. I'm not sure there need to be any.

4-I mentioned a time frame in replying to larasscasse, what does everyone think?

I forget exactly what it said but it seemed okay at the time. :)

5-how is the story to be written? two sections one by each author as in someone starts someone finishes? A he said she said of the same event? In other words a sexual encounter written from two perspectives? issue there is if its two guys who draws writing as the woman? Or is the story a back and forth from start to finish?

This would be part of the rules that we're not sue we need. I think it should be up to the two authors. They can write separately and then put their stuff together, or A can write, send to B, who can add and send back to A, etc. Since this will be anonymous, I'm not sure any one factor will give one story advantage over any other. If they want a story from two perspectives, no problem. If they want a single story from one POV, no problem. At least, no problem to me.

6 what do we call this thing for a name? " thought Erotic couplings could work, but open to any suggestion.

Can we call it the "Flying Mosasaurs of Doom," like in "The Avengers?" :) Kidding. I think the Lit Tag Team competition or something like that would be fine. The Anonymous Tag Team (ATT) competition?

7 anything else?

Not that I can think of.

As for rules...

rule 1 - there are no rules
rule 2 - see rule number 1

I would add that the stories not be something someone had laying around that just needs some polish and lipstick to make it pretty.

How the story is written should be up to the two authors. I once wrote a store with another author in IM. She would write a paragraph, then I would write a paragraph. It was all done in third person. I worked out well. We never published though. I still have it.

Okay so in addition to seeing if we can bring in some more people this is what we are working on.

1-category or theme-I think category as separate categories get into vote and audience differentials.

2-who handles the pairings? I mentioned Ladyver, PL volunteered, I would prefer not to as its my idea and I'm not sure if everyone would be okay with me doing it. Also I would prefer not to know it would spoil some of the fun.

3-are we putting any rules or constrictions on this? Not sure what they would be, but I want evreyone to get a say in this.

4-I mentioned a time frame in replying to larasscasse, what does everyone think?

5-how is the story to be written? two sections one by each author as in someone starts someone finishes? A he said she said of the same event? In other words a sexual encounter written from two perspectives? issue there is if its two guys who draws writing as the woman? Or is the story a back and forth from start to finish?

6 what do we call this thing for a name? " thought Erotic couplings could work, but open to any suggestion.

7 anything else?

1. I can see where category would make a difference if this was going to be a contest where the best story couple wins, but... if this is "exercise" in writing then category choice would be an important part of the storytelling itself. We have writers that writing the same category a lot. They know the audience and while that will give them more votes and a higher score it, may not give them a "better"story.

2. I'm fine with either random or pick your partner. I like the idea of random in that it give you a chance to meet a new writer on here you may not know. We are artist with words. No two artist will eve see the same piece of blank canvas (or paper) the same way. So yes there is the potential for two writer to get together and not be able to work well. That is, as I see it, a part of this challenge as well.

3. rule 1 ( no gouging out the other writers eyes and breaking their hands) beyond that I think we can stay flexible at this point.

4. The time frame is good for me. But then I write quickly.

5. Again I think this might be a part of the decision making that needs to happen between the writing partners. This whole thing kind of reminds me of the show FaceOff. When they team up two artist to do a single makeup that's when the real creativity can come out. Because of that give and take decision making.

6. Erotic Coupling works. Given the creativity and sense of humor of a few of us this could get silly other wise.

7. I imagine there maybe a desire (by a few at least) to have the story on your story list after the contest. Given that it is the work of two writers how will that work?

Also what is to be the judging criteria? I mean votes, how good a score or how many comments that's a category thing and how "good" is a personal opinion. Are we going to pick a judge?

Once IRL I was paired with a man who shared my intense hatred. The union usta send me to work for him, and he'd go get my check and send me away. But we both ended up outta work and were offered a job working together. All expected to find dead bodies by lunch time.

But it turned out we were a helluva combination; I made the fittings, and he installed them. Both of us were good at what we did, and it was magic what we did. And we grew to kinda-sorta tolerate each other, and worked together for a long time.

Hmmm Judges.

We could try that, but would need more than one.

I think if we are all in the same category and anonymous the voting should be fair. The fact there will be two authors involved may make it harder for readers to call out an author.

Now something else that comes to mind. Uploading the stories. I, or someone else, can create the account for the story name and people can send me the files, but keep in mind if you do that create an e-mail address that won't call out who you are to me. Unlike the fawc competition I do not want to know who anyone is.

Also in one of the fawcs readers guessed the authors and made public comments. Fawc left them there. My idea will be to delete them if I see them.

Also like Fawc we will have a disclaimer at the top of the story "This story is part of lits Tag team competition and was written by two authors....." this way people know what is going on.

Also in the fawc they ran sweeps.

There will be no sweeps we are all going to trust each other. In Fawc two they ran a sweep on stories that only had 15 votes. needless to say..... we are not going to go that route. This will be an honor system and the mysterious hoover will not factor in.

Assuming I am picked and not left on the bench, I am rather flexible. I am okay with any category or theme, I write for fun so I welcome something yet unexplored. My partner can put the story under their name with me as co-author in the body somewhere. I tend to write slowly and I can be fussy but that is because I am hoping to actually write better each time out. I will write from any POV, either gender, etc. So there you go.

I have no problem writing for EC.

The anonymous account would seem all right. Maybe we could impose on PennLady, if she is the one that chooses partners, to submit them, instead of a participant like yourself LC.

This sounds highly interesting. My plate is rather full at the moment, but considering I'm only responsible for one half of the work, I'm in. We're not aiming for more than 50k words, are we? :)

If this works out well, we should try a second one where writers are paired together to write in a Category neither has done before.

I'm interested to see who I end up paired with and how we work together. It would be interesting if we ended up with MF pairings. Get a chance to see both M and F perspectives at work together.

This is has the ability to go for several contests themes.

I pm'd Ladyver and she is willing to pair the authors.

is everyone okay with that?

However, although she has edited for may authors she has never submitted a story so it would have to be me or Pennlady or another volunteer to create the account and list them.

It can still work anon as long as people use an e-mail account that cannot be traced to them Example I would not use my e-mail that has lovecraft in it if I sent the story to someone.

As for final credit anyone that works with me can put it under their name afterwards, just give me a shout in an author's note that I collaborated on it with you.

Now I have never written in EC all I know is I hear "catch all" so is it safe to assume anything can go there?

If that is true we should state that authors should still shy away from strengths and things that would call them out. In other words if I co wrote an incest tale there are a lot of people who would know it was me.

Does EC have a following like incest, group etc...or do people just drift in and out of there?

If this works out well, we should try a second one where writers are paired together to write in a Category neither has done before.

I'm interested to see who I end up paired with and how we work together. It would be interesting if we ended up with MF pairings. Get a chance to see both M and F perspectives at work together.

This is has the ability to go for several contests themes.

I like the M/F pairing too. As long as we have an even number of each.

What's funny is I can picture everyone going down the list of people signed up and going, "I could work with them, I could would them, oh, god no!"

This sounds highly interesting. My plate is rather full at the moment, but considering I'm only responsible for one half of the work, I'm in. We're not aiming for more than 50k words, are we? :)

If you're stuck with me I wouldn't rule it out;)

I've never read anyone else's work, so I have no idea of compatibility between us. I'm sure I get that, 'Oh no, not with him. He writes nothing like I do.' lmao :D

I was thinking it should have a cap at 15k words and be a stand alone story, no chapters. Judging should be on all aspects of writing and not just how hot it is. This is to make us all better writers and not to get readers to play to it, so it should be judged on all technical merits and not so much the content of sex.

1. I can see where category would make a difference if this was going to be a contest where the best story couple wins, but... if this is "exercise" in writing then category choice would be an important part of the storytelling itself. We have writers that writing the same category a lot. They know the audience and while that will give them more votes and a higher score it, may not give them a "better"story.

2. I'm fine with either random or pick your partner. I like the idea of random in that it give you a chance to meet a new writer on here you may not know. We are artist with words. No two artist will eve see the same piece of blank canvas (or paper) the same way. So yes there is the potential for two writer to get together and not be able to work well. That is, as I see it, a part of this challenge as well.

3. rule 1 ( no gouging out the other writers eyes and breaking their hands) beyond that I think we can stay flexible at this point.

4. The time frame is good for me. But then I write quickly.

5. Again I think this might be a part of the decision making that needs to happen between the writing partners. This whole thing kind of reminds me of the show FaceOff. When they team up two artist to do a single makeup that's when the real creativity can come out. Because of that give and take decision making.

6. Erotic Coupling works. Given the creativity and sense of humor of a few of us this could get silly other wise.

7. I imagine there maybe a desire (by a few at least) to have the story on your story list after the contest. Given that it is the work of two writers how will that work?

Also what is to be the judging criteria? I mean votes, how good a score or how many comments that's a category thing and how "good" is a personal opinion. Are we going to pick a judge?

I'd prefer irrefutable criteria for judging. Spelling, grammar, punctuation worth 1.0 point; conflict, crisis, resolution worth one point; is the story worth the candle? does it really matter if its resolved? who fucking cares? worth one point; does the story suck you in so you forget about the time or washing the dog-worth one point; reading satisfaction-would you read it again? worth 1.0 point.

Depends on the author, some are more wordy than others, and some of us wish we could be that wordy sometimes.

I've never read anyone else's work, so I have no idea of compatibility between us. I'm sure I get that, 'Oh no, not with him. He writes nothing like I do.' lmao :D

I was thinking it should have a cap at 15k words and be a stand alone story, no chapters. Judging should be on all aspects of writing and not just how hot it is. This is to make us all better writers and not to get readers to play to it, so it should be judged on all technical merits and not so much the content of sex.

That might be a serious handicap for LC :D

I agree on stand alone. But I see no reason for a max/min word count. Others can weigh in on this.

Back