Marijuana Majority: Americans Now Back Legalization

President Obama Says Pot Is Less Dangerous Than Alcohol For The Individual Consumer

shutterstock_132479591-e1390154197389-638x425.jpg

See LC the Prez likes it. :D

“I smoked pot as a kid, and I view it as a bad habit and a vice, not very different from the cigarettes that I smoked as a young person up through a big chunk of my adult life,” Obama told reporter David Remnick. “I don’t think it is more dangerous than alcohol.” In fact, the president went on to admit pot was actually less dangerous “in terms of its impact on the individual consumer.”

Polls Show Overwhelming Support for Medical Marijuana In Florida

Well over half of Floridians from all political backgrounds, 65 percent, support a measure to legalize medical marijuana, according to a new poll by Public Policy Polling (PPP). The poll comes a few months after another poll by Quinnipiac University found that an overwhelming 82 percent of state voters favor medical marijuana. Support is so high among young voters that Republicans are worried a medical marijuana ballot initiative could tip the governor’s race by bolstering young turnout. But perhaps what is most remarkable about this latest poll is that it is no longer remarkable at all.
 
Last edited:
Thank you, JackLuis, for keeping this thread alive. I have been reading extensively about everything marijuana, but have not been posting much of it, due to painting the interior of my large house. Keep up the good work.
 
Hey AC!

As I run across interesting articles, I post them. I've been using your thread to keep the thread numbers down. :eek:

Since I don't ride the RWCJ circuit, most posts are positive. Maybe LC or PayDay can provide some CON-articles if they see one?
 
On the Canadian side of things, medical users/growers here have been getting shafted in a big way. The Gov't has declared personal grows illegal and users must sign up with a registered grower by April 1 2014.

The main issues are quality and security of our medicine. They want to grow it for high yields and supply the market, but the quality and purity of the product goes into question. We have no idea how it was grown (hydro, soilless mix, soil, indoor/outdoor) and the steps to assure the highest quality.

They want to send it through CanPost for delivery, putting it in jeopardy of mishandling, damage/loss, theft and diminished quality due to storage. The second issue is that CanPost has recently announced they are phasing out home delivery of mail and using Superboxes to deliver to. That puts my meds in the extremes of heat, moisture, cold and the possibility of danger in collecting it, due to everyone knowing I'm a user.

They have said the prices will be what the market will bear, meaning they are asking for the highest amount possible, even more than street prices. Those on low incomes have no way to pay for it and as such, won't be able to afford it.

They also want to limit weekly deliveries to 15 grams, making those suffer to make it last long enough. I use 3-5 gms a day, so I'm out by the 3rd day and suffer until more arrives.

Law suits galore have been filed, as well as class action suits, so hopefully the courts see how unjust this is and reverse it back. That's where we are right now.
 
Thank you. JackLuis, for using my thread so well.

And thank you, too, Royce, for letting us know what Canada is up to. What a mess and a hassle. If anything were to force people to grow in secret, those kinds of regulations are it.

I live in a very Republican county (Shasta) in NORCAL and they are messing with my rights to grow outdoors, with pending law suits to reverse their stupid ordinances and such. I have been growing outdoors for nine years and providing myself and my family with high-quality organic medicine. The new ordinances state that a grower must have 10 acres to grow 5 plants and only one patient is allowed per residence. What a load of hogwash. But it is very easy to see that Shasta County has sold out to Big Tobacco with plans of reaping tax dollars, when California goes recreational.

BUT that has nothing to do with patients and their access to medicine. I can see a big battle brewing in the near future between small-time growers and the greedy corporations.
 

Now the pol's are attracted!

DENVER — In the first month of legal recreational marijuana sales in Colorado, retailers who shared their proprietary data with NBC News say they have collected $1.24 million in tax revenue.

Half of the state’s 35 licensed recreational retailers participated in the NBC News survey. The 18 retailers shared the first 27 days of their tax data because they say they believe it will help their image.

watching closely.

In Rhode Island, where there is a $100 million state budget deficit, state Sen. Joshua Miller has proposed legislation to change marijuana laws similar to what Colorado voters did.

“The kind of money that could be generated through this is an amount that could take care of more than 20 percent of the deficit that we’re running every year,” he said. “So it’s a very important revenue source potentially.”
 
Yes, JackLuis, the main reason so many politicians are on board with this now is money and not the medicinal relief marijuana brings to so many sufferers. I suppose one must take the bad with the good in this case.
 
Yes, JackLuis, the main reason so many politicians are on board with this now is money and not the medicinal relief marijuana brings to so many sufferers. I suppose one must take the bad with the good in this case.

In a capitalist system it's, "Medicine- Smedicine, show me the money!"

Now if we can keep big pharma out of the trade perhaps we can spread the wealth?
 
Big Pharm or Big Tobacco, it makes little difference in my thinking. Corporations vs. small-fry farmer, it will be interesting to see how it sorts itself out.
 

He continued.

“If a professional like you can’t answer clearly that meth is more dangerous than marijuana — which every kid on the street knows, which every parent knows — if you can’t answer that, maybe that’s why we’re failing to educate people about the dangers,” the lawmaker said. “I don’t want kids smoking marijuana; I agree with the chairman. But if the deputy director of the office of drug policy can’t answer that question, how do you expect high school kids to take you seriously?”


Now Congress is taking a side?
 
I have always said, "Once they figure out how to tax it, and make a serious leap out of their tried-and-true failing economies, states will get on board", and then of course, Congress would have to chime in. I just don't spout off here about it as much as my real life.
 

Rep. Earl Blumenauer (D-OR) on Tuesday railed against the nation’s “dishonest” federal marijuana laws, describing them as a symbol of government irrationality at its worst.

“During a hearing with the deputy director of the Office of Drug Policy, there was a moment of clarity for me,” he said the House floor. “I was struck by the realization that our own office, charged with drug policy, discouraging or eliminating drug use, might well be part of the problem.”

The Government part of the problem? :rolleyes:
 

The letter, which was authored by Rep. Earl Blumenauer (D-OR), began to circulate in January after President Obama told The New Yorker he didn’t believe marijuana was any more dangerous than alcohol. Its final signatories came through on Wednesday, and was leaked online Wednesday afternoon.

“You said that you don’t believe marijuana is any more dangerous than alcohol: a fully legalized substance, and believe it to be less dangerous ‘in terms of its impact on the individual consumer,’” the congressmembers wrote. “This is true. Marijuana, however, remains listed in the federal Controlled Substances Act at Schedule I . This is a higher listing than cocaine and methamphetamine, Schedule II substances that you gave as examples of harder drugs. This makes no sense.”

Gads, Congress wants the law to make sense? :eek:
 
Now the bad news.


According to Dr. Juan C. Paredes, board-certified psychiatrist based in South Beach Clinic in Miami Beach, Florida who sub-specializes in sexual medicine for men, excessive marijuana use could be leaving you shortchanged in the orgasm department. Meaning your “Big Oh” could be diminished to a lowercase “oh, oh….. is it over? Oh, oh well.”

“Marijuana users might experience very weak orgasms or not experience them at all,” Dr. Paredes explained. “The mechanism for marijuana to contribute to erectile dysfunction is unknown. However, it might be related to an increase in prolactine production, which has also been linked to decreased testosterone. This hormone is important for processes such as erection, ejaculation and orgasm.”

What about fertility? Can using marijuana on a regular basis affect the number of a man’s strong swimmers?

“Men who smoke marijuana frequently have significantly less seminal fluid, a lower total sperm count and their sperm behave abnormally, all of which may affect fertility adversely,” adds Dr. Dennis Lin, sex therapist, psychiatrist and attending physician at the Department of Psychiatry at Beth Israel Medical Center in New York, NY.

Oy vey! I guess the little guys just get too stoned to swim to their final destination. “Dude, you go ahead. I’m going to rest here awhile.” (Sperm yawns.)
 
JackLuis, I did not find this to be true in my ability to orgasm and get pregnant, and my husband was a frequent smoker during our marriage. We had three children together and could have had more if I were willing. Of course, my husband was an Italian and that may make a difference. LOL
 
JackLuis, I did not find this to be true in my ability to orgasm and get pregnant, and my husband was a frequent smoker during our marriage. We had three children together and could have had more if I were willing. Of course, my husband was an Italian and that may make a difference. LOL

Well he was probably powerfully motivated by your 'charms'. :)

I doubt the veracity of the article on a general level. Perhaps some may be effected but in my experience, there is no degradation of performance.

I wrote a story (Spreading Seeds) where a woman developed a strain that would enhance sexual performance. I may have exceeded the four hour limit for erections, but Josh carried it off well. :D
 
Well he was probably powerfully motivated by your 'charms'. :)

I doubt the veracity of the article on a general level. Perhaps some may be effected but in my experience, there is no degradation of performance.

I wrote a story (Spreading Seeds) where a woman developed a strain that would enhance sexual performance. I may have exceeded the four hour limit for erections, but Josh carried it off well. :D

In R/L certain strains of weed effects me the same way as Josh. Can be embarrassing at times. :eek:
 
Very interesting, gentlemen, but the strains that I prefer are sativa dominant and actually work as an aphrodisiac on me, which is wonderful at my age.
 
White Widow is an all-purpose medicine that I use mostly for physical work and general pain relief during the day. Cloud Nine and Train Wreck are both rather sexy for me and I indulge in them later in the day. Cloud Nine is like a good martini, but one must be careful with Train Wreck's sleep inducing qualities. I also like Casey Jones a lot and a newer strain that causes the giggles called Jilly Bean. All of these are sativa heavy. For indicas, I prefer Inferno OG Kush, which I got from the club in Oakland last year.
 
White Widow is an all-purpose medicine that I use mostly for physical work and general pain relief during the day. Cloud Nine and Train Wreck are both rather sexy for me and I indulge in them later in the day. Cloud Nine is like a good martini, but one must be careful with Train Wreck's sleep inducing qualities. I also like Casey Jones a lot and a newer strain that causes the giggles called Jilly Bean. All of these are sativa heavy. For indicas, I prefer Inferno OG Kush, which I got from the club in Oakland last year.

The only one I remember a name for was something called Orange Blossom Special, we used to import from Mexico back in the late 70's. I don't think it grows there though.

My sister has a plant of her own that she has worked on for thirty years. It is very heavy with purple buds. It will definitely mellow you out. :D
 
Back
Top