Star Trek: The New Frontiers OOC

LuckyVic

Literotica Guru
Joined
Aug 26, 2002
Posts
17,359
insignia.gif


This ORP takes place in the year 2400, roughly 21 years after the movie "Star Trek Nemesis". Essentially this will be the next generation of the next generation. So far have not planned on using any of the novels as part of the history for this generation, however the frist six books written by William Shattner in where Captain Kirk returns are a possibility.

The setting for this ORP will be on board Starfleet's latest starship. The U.S.S. Chimera is a prototype so she still has a lot of bugs that need to be worked out.


IC Thread: http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=636227

Staring

Luckyvic as Captain Miguel Torres (CO), Human
Varshanka as Commander A'Lex T'Pol T’Ker (XO), Vulcan
Cheif Medical Officer- OPEN
Ship's Counselor- OPEN
Bladesman as Lieutenant Duncan Khan (CONN), Human
Chief OPS- Open
Wyldfire as Lt. Szera (CEO), Gorn
thewhiterabbit8 as Lt. Jo'Lee (CSO), Caitian
Lilybean as Lt. Emily Star (ACSO), Betazoid
 
Last edited:
I'd probably be up for this, but with a more starfleet-standard character. Perhaps a Bolian...
 
Partial Star Trek Timeline, mainly cause to make an actual one would take forever.

15 Billion Years Ago: The Milky Way Galaxy is formed.

6 Billion Years Ago: The Guardian of Forever is created.

5 Billion Years Ago: The Sol system and the surrounding stellar systems are formed.

2 Billion Years Ago: The civilization of Tagus III flourishes, it is possible that the Tagans were the ancients that seeded most of the galaxy with life. The first single cell organisms evolve on Earth.

1 Million Years Ago: The inhabitants of Oragnia evolve beyond the need for physical bodies.

600,000 Years Ago: The T’Kon Empire vanishes when the primary star of their homeworld goes nova during the "Age of Makto". The Arretians explored much of the galaxy and planted colonies on several worlds.

500,000 Years Ago: The Bajoran civilization flourishes. The primary star of Exo III begins to fade, rendering the surface uninhabitable. The natives pursue life underground, building the android servants that eventually destroyed them. Arret is rendered lifeless as a result of a massive war. Talos IV is nearly destroyed in a nuclear war. The Talosians pursue a troglike existence and develop their psionic, however the become addicted to the realistic fantasies that their abilities could create to the detriment of their civilization.

200,000 Years Ago: The Iconian civilization flourishes.

50,000 Years Ago: The Horta of Janus IV began their most recent reproductive cycle. A revolution begins on the planet Cheron, it turns into a race war that eventually destroys its people.

25,000 Years Ago: The first of 947 archeological expeditions to the ruins on Tagus III takes place. The first Trill symbiots are formed.

10,000 Years Ago: The Machine-God Vaal of Gamma Trianguli IV becomes operational. The Fabrini system is destroyed by a stellar explosion. The inhabitants set out for Daran V in a sublight, generational starship (planetoid configuration). A race of sophonts who formed symbiotic relationships with their living starships become extinct. The Kalandan Empire is destroyed by a plague.

6,000 Years Ago: The leader of Beta III, Landru, (in the C-111 star group) leads a religious movement. To insure his reforms survive him, Landru creates a supercomputer to control the lives and civilization of the planet after his death. An extra-galactic civilization takes humans from Earth in order to train them and return them to Earth to prevent human society from self-destructing. An ice age begins on Sigma Draconis IV, triggering a remarkable cultural regression.

5,000 Years Ago: Earth is visited by a race of interstellar travelers who are mistaken for gods by the ancient Greeks. The last of these, known as Apollo to the Greeks, dies in 2270, when he realizes that humans have grown beyond the need for such "gods". The planetary cloaking shield of Aldea becomes operational.

4,000 Years Ago: The first large scale human civilizations form on Earth.

200,000 Years Ago: The Iconian civilization flourishes.

3,834 BC: The nearly immortal Flint was born in Mesopotamia. He finally dies in the 23rd century.

600 BC: The Hebrew Bible is written, it will become the basis for Judaism and its daughter religions, Christianity and Islam.

400 BC: The star Sahndara explodes, survivors of that disaster visit Earth where they become admirers of Plato. In 200 BC they leave Earth to found a society based on Plato’s Republic.

10 BC: The house of Sarek establishes its ancestral home in the city of ShiKahr on Vulcan.

4 BC: The reputed birth of Jesus of Nazareth. His teachings become the basis for the Christian religion.

100 AD: Surak of Vulcan begins to preach his philosophy of logic, stoicism and non-violence.

175 AD: The Roman Empire on planet 892-IV completes its conquest of that world.

625 AD: The Prophet Muhammad writes the Quran, which becomes the basis for the Islamic faith.

800 AD: A civil war breaks out on Solais V, which continues until the 24th century.

850 AD: The people of Kaelon II adopt the custom of resolution, ritual suicide at the age of 60.

1368 AD: The people of Ventax II make a deal with the Goddess Ardra, and usher in a period of sustainable growth and ecological recovery.

1373 AD: The Promellian-Menthar Wars end with the destruction of both sides.

1400 AD: The planet Kataan is destroyed by a stellar explosion.

1600 AD: The cloud city of Stratos is built on Ardana.

1609 AD: Galileo Galilei constructs Earth’s first astronomical telescope. He is convicted of heresy by the Roman Catholic Church for challenging the Terra-Centric cosmology. The church eventually admits that Galileo was right and that the Earth orbits the sun and not vice versa.

4 July 1776 AD: The United States of America declares its independence from Great Britain, making the first human modern attempt at large scale republican government.

21 Aug 1813 AD: The preservers transplant colonies of Americans to distant Class M planets.

1860 AD: The civilization of Beta Portalan is destroyed by a mass insanity.

1866 AD: Slavery is abolished in the United States, the last western power to do so.

12 Jan 1905 AD: Albert Einstein publishes his Theory of General Relativity.

June 1914 AD: Earth’s 1st World War begins in the aftermath of the assassination of Austria’s Archduke Ferdinand by a Serbian nationalist.

11 Nov 1918 AD: Earth’s 1st World War ends when the allies impose the Treaty of Versailles on Germany.

10 Jan 1920 AD: The League of Nations is founded in Geneva. It marks the first human attempt at global government. Its effectiveness is hampered, however, by the refusal of the United States, whose president proposed the league, to join.

29 Oct 1929 AD: A huge stock market crash in the United States plunges the entire industrialized world into an economic depression. Poverty is widespread even in the great powers of Earth.

18 Nov 1930 AD: Social worker Edith Keeler is killed in an auto accident in Brooklyn, NY.

1932 AD: Seven women knifed to death in Shanghai, China.

1 May 1934 AD: The very first Dixon Hill story, by Tracy Torme’, The Big Goodbye appears in Amazing Detective Stories Magazine.

1 Aug 1936 AD: The last Dixon Hill story, by Tracy Torme’, The Long Dark Tunnel appears in Amazing Detective Stories Magazine.

3 Sept 1939 AD: The Earth’s 2nd World War begins, when Germany, under the leadership of Adolf Hitler, invades Poland.

9 Aug 1945 AD: The Earth’s 2nd World War ends when the United States detonates a 2nd nuclear weapon over the Japaneese city of Nagasaki. During the war the Germans systematically murdered over 11 million non-combatants, most of the Jews, in a system of death capms across Europe. The Allied powers, led by the United States, France, Great Britain, and the Soviet Union began a series of trials, over the objetions of the major European chruches, of the German leadership for genocide and other crimes against humanity and executed most of them. Adlof Hitler was not among those tried, he committed suicide to avoid capture by the Soviet Army.

12 Oct 1945 AD: The United Nations Organization is chartered in San Franciso, CA. The UN is Earth’s 2nd attempt at unified government. Unlike the League of Nations, it enjoys the participation of all of Earth’s great powers.

4 Oct 1957 AD: The Soviet Union launches Sputnik 1, Earth’s first artifical satellite.

12 Apr 1961 AD: Yuri Gaarin becomes the 1st human in space aborad the spacecraft Vostook 1.

1963 AD: Nuclear Test Ban Treaty signed.

2 Mar 1968 AD: Agent Gary Seven engineers the destruction of a United States Orbital Nuclear Weapons Platform 120 km over the Soviet Union in order to frighten the great powers of Earth into not destroying each other.

1968 AD: Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty Signed.

20 July 1969 AD: Neil Armstrong becomes the 1st human to set foot on the moon aboard the American spacecraft Apollo 11.

1972 AD: The United States space probe Pioneer 10 is launched, and becomes the 1st man-made object to leave the Sol system in 1983.

1974 AD: Five women knifed to death in Kiev, Ukrainian SSR.

1976 AD: The United States of America celebrates its Bicentennial and becomes the longest lived republic in the history of mankind, surpassing the longevity of the Roman Republic. The United States robot lander Viking 1 lands on Mars.

28 Jan 1986 AD: The crew of the United States Space Shuttle Challenger is killed when the orbiter explodes seconds after launch.

1992 AD: Kahn Noonian Singh assumes behind the scenes control of the Indian government. Other genetically engineered supermen assume similar control in the Balkans, Africa, and Asia.

1996 AD: The last of the brushfire wars caused by the supermen peter out. Later historians will refer to these conflicts as the Eugenics Wars.

Earth scientists announce the discovery that a Mars meteorite may contain fossilized evidence of primitive bacterial life. While the findings are considered inconclusive, the possibility that life may exist or have once existed on the Red Planet adds urgency to Martian exploration efforts.

1999 AD: Voyager 6 is launched to investigate alien transmissions detected by NASA.

Astronomers make the first direct observation of an extrasolar planet passing in front of a star, leading scientists to conclude that planetary systems may be a common phenomenon in the galaxy and boosting optimism that intelligent life exists elsewhere.

2000 AD: The first resident crew of the International Space Station Alpha launches into orbit, establishing a permanent human presence in space. Mankind is no longer a purely planet-bound species.

2001 AD: A terrorist attack on the United States leaves thousands of innocent civilians dead, a horrific tragedy that forces all nations of the world to re-evaluate their values and priorities, and galvanizes the people of Earth to strive harder to put their differences behind them.

2002 AD: Nomad 1 is launched by NASA.

2004 AD: 1st manned mission to Mars.

2009 AD: 1st manned mission to Saturn, commanded by Captain Shaun G. Christopher (USAF) is launched.

2018 AD: Propulsion technologies, and speeds, continue to improve. "Sleeper ships" become a thing of the past.

2025 AD: Reunification of Ireland by the Treaty of Rotterdam between the United Kingdom, the Republic of Ireland and the European Union.

4 July 2025 AD: Puerto Rico becomes the 51st U.S. State.

12 Oct 2026 AD: Matsuo Bokai of the London Kings breaks Joe DiMaggio’s (NY. Yankees) hitting record.

2030 AD: Zephram Cochrane is born.

2032 AD: Lieutenant John Kelly, piloting the Ares IV command module in Mars orbit, reports the approach of a large unknown object seconds before he and his craft vanish. Crewmates Rose Kumagawa and Andrei Novakovich, on the planet surface at the time, are stranded but later rescued.

2033 AD: Cuba becomes the 52nd U.S. State.

2036 AD: The United Nations Treaty on Human Rights is adopted by every major power. Among its provisions is that no human citizen may be held accountable for the crimes of an ancestor.

2037 AD: The NASA Interstellar Probe Charbydis is launched, it is presumed lost in 2040 when telemetry ceases.

2040 AD: Advances in holography render television obsolete.

2053 AD: Earth’s 3rd World War begins.

2054 - 2063 AD?: Earth’s 3rd World War ends.

5 Apr 2063 AD: The first successful warp drive test is conducted by Zephram Cochrane. First Contact with the Vulcans is made.

2064 AD: Martian Colonies are founded.

2065 AD: SS Valiant is launched on a deep space exploration mission and is destroyed near the galactic rim, by her captain, to prevent psionic enhanced crewmen from returning to Earth.

2066 AD: Centauri Colonies are founded.

2067 AD: The Great Awakening on Argelius II. The last Klingon Emperor is assassinated in a power struggle. Sir John Burke of the Royal Academy discovers Sherman’s Planet.

Because previous deep-space exploration attempts ultimately failed, a new approach, an unmanned probe named Friendship 1, leaves Earth with a message of peace, warp technology instructions, and an invitation to visit Earth.

2103 AD: Humanity establishes a foothold on Mars and the colonization process begins.

2105 AD: Women knifed to death in Kennedyport, Mars.

2113 AD: Having learned the lessons of the last World War, the first united Earth government is established. Australia is the only nation that declines membership.

2119 AD: The Warp 5 Complex is established to create technology that will allow humans to safely explore deep space. Zefram Cochrane is present during the dedication ceremony. Cochrane, now advanced in years and a resident of the Alpha Centauri system, soon takes off for "parts unknown."

2123 AD: SS Mariposa departs bearing colonists bound for the Ficus Sector.

2150 AD: Australia, the last holdout, joins the United Earth government.

2151 AD: Earth launches it's first Warp 5 capable starship, the NX-01 Enterprise. Their first mission is to take an injured Klingon back to his homeworld.

First Contact with the Suliban and Klingons.

First Contact with the Andorians.

2152 AD: The crew of the NX-01 make contact with the Romulan Star Empire. The Enterprise is subsequently damaged while trying to exit a mine field they had entered accidently.

Captain Archer negotiates a cease fire between the Andorians and the Vulcans.

2153 AD: The Earth is attacked by an alien weapon, and the Enterprise is recalled. The alien weapon cut a swath from Florida to Venezuela, in which millions were killed. Thanks to intelligence given to them by the mysterious leader of the Suliban, it is know that another more powerful weapon is being constructed. Starfleet orders Enterprise into the Expanse to find the Xindi and stop the deployment of the weapon.

2154 AD: The crew of the Enterprise, along with several Xindi, stop the Xindi weapon before it can destroy the Earth.

In order to stop an unknown vessel from wrecking havoc, the crew of the NX-01 form a fleet with the Andorians, Vulcans, and Tellerites. This is the first attempt at such a cooperation between these species.

2155 AD: While Earth is hosting an inter-planetary conference to discuss the possibility to form a new inter-planetary alliance, a xenophobic faction of humans threatens to undermine the talks. Only the actions of the Enterprise crew were able to stop Terra Prime, and allow the talks to resume.

2156 –2160 AD: Romulan Wars between Earth and the Romulan Star Empire. The war ends after the Treaty of Algeron is signed, the treaty also established the boundaries for the Romulan Neutral Zone. United Federation of Planets is founded and Starfleet is established.

2167 AD: USS Archon is lost of Beat III in the C-111 star group. USS Essex is lost off MA-BU VI.

2168 AD: USS Horizon visits Sigma Iota II and is later lost in that star group.

2217 AD: SS Valiant is lost near Eminiar VII in the NGC-321 star cluster.

2218 AD: Starfleet adopts its General Orders after its disastrous first contact with the Klingon Empire.

2224 AD: Dr. Richard Daystrom is born.

2236 AD: SS Columbia is lost near Talos IV.

2245 AD: The first Constitution Class starships are introduced.

2248 AD: Dr. Richard Daystrom invents the duotronic computer system. Kodos the Executioner seizes power on Tarsus IV during a fungal plague that causes a food shortage and systematically murders 4,000 colonists in order to "preserve the more valued members of the colony" those chosen to die are selected in accordance with Kodos’ own personal prejudices.

2252 AD: After decades spent torn between two warring neighbors - the Uzor and the Iren - Bolarus IX makes first contact with the Federation. Bolian antigravity technology and metallurgy rivals that of the Federation, and the Bolian people prepare their first warp-drive tests. The Federation extends the offer of membership but the three governments ruling Bolarus IX are to fractured to agree.

2261 (SD 0000.00): Stardate System is adopted by the Federation.

SD 1136.75: Captain James T. Kirk assumes command of the USS Enterprise, by the end of the 5 year mission she is the only ship out of 12 Constitution Class Starships to return home.

SD 1709.1: Romulans violate the Neutral Zone for the first time since 2060.

SD 2817.6: Kodos the Executioner, masquerading as the actor Anton Karidian, is killed following his discovery aboard the USS Enterprise.

SD 3141.9: Kahn Noonian Singh discovered aboard the sleeper ship SS Botany Bay and is marooned on Ceti Alpha V by Capt. James T. Kirk.

SD 3198.4: Organian Peace Treaty is imposed upon the Federation and the Klingon Empire.

SD 3346.25: The Romulans and the Klingons form an alliance, as a result the Romulans adopt some Klingon starship designs; and the Klingons gain cloaking technology.

SD 3842.3: 2nd Babel Conference, called to consider the admission of Coridan into the Federation is nearly disrupted by Orion terrorists.

SD 4372.5: The USS Enterprise accidentally intrudes on Tholian Space and is nearly captured by the Tholian Defense Force.

SD 4657.5: The experimental M-5 synaptic computer malfunctions and kills over 600 Starfleet personnel at the Starbase 12 weapons range.

SD 5031.3: USS Enterprise nearly triggers a 2nd Romulan War, while undergoing a classified mission for Starfleet Intelligence. As a result the Federation acquires a working Romulan cloaking device.

SD 5725.3: Memory Alpha, slated to be the main repository of Federation Knowledge, is destroyed by an alien intelligence just before its completion.

SD 6614.9: USS Enterprise returns to Earth after completing three consecutive 5 year missions and begins an extensive refit.

SD 7412.6: USS Enterprise is launched, after 18 months of being refitted, in order to investigate a strange energy cloud heading towards Earth.

SD 8130.3: USS Reliant lost in combat with the USS Enterprise in the Mutara Nebula, after the USS Reliant is hijacked by Khan Noonian Sigh. The Genesis Device is detonated in the nebula, and a new Class M world is created.

SD 8390.0: The USS Enterprise is lost to a Klingon Bird of Prey near the Genesis planet. Tectonic instability caused by the use of proto-matter in the planet’s matrix caused the planet to explode a few months after it was created.

SD 8390.0: Alien probe of unknown origin nearly destroys Earth. Humpback whales begin to repopulate the oceans of the Earth. USS Enterprise, NCC-1701-A is commissioned.

SD 8454.1: Transwarp Development Project is declared unsuccessful by Starfleet Command. The USS Excelsior, previously classified as an experimental vessel with an NX registry prefix, is redesignated as NCC-2000.

SD 9521.6: The Klingon moon Praxis explodes due to insufficient mining safety precautions. This poses such a serious threat to the Klingon homeworld that the Khitomer Accords is signed with the Federation. USS Enterprise, NCC-1701-A is decommissioned after suffering severe damage while defending the Khitomer Peace Conference.

SD 9934.0: The USS Enterprise, NCC-1701-B (Excelsior Class), is launched under the command of Captain John Harriman. Captain James T. Kirk is killed while trying to save the Enterprise-B from an unknown energy ribbon.

SD 12934.75: The government of Rutia IV denies a bid by the Ansata separatists for independence. The Ansata embark on a campaign of terror that is finally crushed in 2366.

SD 18373.5: The Tomed Incident between the Federation and the Romulans. Thousands of Federation lives are lost in a Romulan sneak attack. Romulans enter a phase of extreme isolationism.

SD 24591.75: The Cardassian Union annexes Bajor.

SD 27879.0: The USS Enterprise, NCC-1701-B, is lost somewhere near the Federation / Klingon / Romulan boarder.

SD 27879.0: The government of Turkana IV begins to fall apart after violent disputes arise over general election returns.

SD 28854.75: The USS Enterprise, NCC-1701-C (Ambassador Class), is launched from Earth Station McKinley under the command of Captain Rachel Garrett.

SD 30420.75: The USS Enterprise-C is destroyed while defending a Klingon outpost on Narendra III. This sacrifice helps to cement relations between the Klingon Empire and the Federation.

SD 31105.25: Four thousand Klingons are brutally killed during a Romulan sneak attack.

SD 32142.0: The isolinear computer chip is perfected.

SD 32658.25: War breaks out between the Federation and the Cardassian Union.

SD 33023.5: Terok Nor mining station is built by the Cardassians and is placed in orbit around Bajor.

SD 35135.0: Talarian forces side with the Cardassian Union against the Federation. Stardate Reform. Henceforth one year is equal to 1000 stardates. The calendar is arbitrarily reset to Stardate 38000.00.

SD 41153.7 (2364): Captain Jean-Luc Picard is given command of the USS Enterprise, NCC-1701-D (Galaxy Class), the fifth starship to bear the name Enterprise. First Contact with the entity known as Q.

SD 41986.0: The Romulans emerge from the isolationist phase with the Federation, after their outposts along the Neutral Zone begin vanishing.

Androids awarded full civil rights within the Federation.

SD 42761.3: First Contact with the Borg.

SD 43462.5 (2366): Romulan Admiral Alidar Jarok defects to the Federation. He believes that the Romulan Empire is trying to start a war that neither side can win. The Admiral committed suicide after finding out that his defection was for nothing, the Romulan High command was testing his loyalty.

SD 44001.4 (2367): 39 Federation starships are destroyed and over 11,000 people are killed in attempted Borg incursion.

SD 44665.3: An uneasy truce is reached between the Federation and the Cardassian Union. The Cardassians agree to evacuate Bajor, which will become a Federation protectorate and the Federation concedes three contested planets to the Cardassians.

SD 44995.3 – 45050.4 (2368): A brief Klingon civil war occurs when the Duras family attempts to seize control of the Klingon High Council.

SD 46001.25 (2369): Cardassians withdraw from Bajor

SD 46001.25 (2369): First stable wormhole to the Gamma Quadrant is discovered, the Terok Nor mining station is renamed Deep Space Nine.

SD 47000.00 – 47999.99 (2370): A Federation wide "speed limit" of Warp 5 is introduced when it is discovered that warp travel is damaging normal space. Maquis terrorism begins, First Contact with the Jem’Hadar.

SD 48000.0 – 48999.99 (2371): Romulans loan the Federation a cloaking device, it is installed on board the USS Defiant NX-74205. A Romulan / Cardassian alliance against the Dominion is formed. The USS Enterprise-D is destroyed at Veridian III. Captain James T. Kirk is killed while helping Captain Picard to stop a mad scientist. The starship USS Voyager (Intrepid Class) is lost while searching for some members of the Maquis. Voyager was the first starship built to be able to travel faster than Warp 5 without damaging normal space.

SD 49000.00 – 49999.99 (2372): The Klingon Empire attacks Cardassia, ending the Khitomer Peace Accords. Amelia Earhart was discovered alive in the Delta Quadrant, by the USS Voyager. Tom Paris becomes the first human to break the transwarp barrier. The starship Enterprise-E is launched under the command of Captain Jean-Luc Picard.

SD 50000.00 – 50999.99 (2373): The USS Voyager leaves Kazon space and enters the area known as the Nekerit Expanse. The Cardassian Union forms an alliance with the Dominion. The Klingons and the Federation reinstate the Khitomer Peace Accords. The USS Enterprise helps to repel a Borg offensive into Sector 001. The Federation goes to war with the Dominion and are forced to abandon DS9 (Taro Nor). The starship is officially declared lost. The USS Voyager discovers that the Borg are fighting a race of hostile aliens (species 8472) from another dimension (fluidic space), After an encounter with species 8472, Captain Janeway establishes a temporary alliance with the Borg in order to defeat this lethal enemy.

SD 51000.00 – 51999.99 (2374): In a cunning maneuver, Starfleet destroys the Dominion’s Supply of Ketracile White in the Alpha Quadrant. A few months later a combined Klingon / Federation fleet retake Tarok Nor (DS9). The 9th Fleet is established under the command of General Martok, and DS9 is chosen to be their Headquarters. The Romulans align themselves with the Federation, and the Klingons against the Dominion.

SD 52000.00 – 52999.99 (2375): The crew of the USS Enterprise commit treason in order to protect a race of aliens called the Son’a. It is eventually discovered that key Federation members had taken part in this conspiracy against the Son’a, a direct violation of the Prime Directive. The crew of the Enterprise are cleared of all charges. The Breen join forces with the Dominion and launch a devistating series of assualts on the Federation. The starship Defiant was easily destoryed in such an assualt thanks to the Breen's new energy dampaning device. A few weeks later Captain Sisko is given command of the Defiant class starship Sao Palo. It is the first vessel built to withstand the Breen energy dampaning device. By a special order of Starfleet Command the Sao Palo is renamed the Defiant. The USS Voyager discovers another Federation starship, the USS Equinox, lost in the Delta Quadrant being attacked by a strange race from another dimension. The Voyager crew eventually learn that the race had only been attacking to protect themselves from the the crew of the Equinox. Appearently they had abanddoned the Prime Directive several years earlier. The war between the Dominion and the Federation Alliance comes to an end when a treaty is signed on station Deep Space 9.

SD 53000.00 – 53999.99 (2376): The U.S.S. Voyager discover what happened to the Ares 4, the command module from the first manned mission to Mars. When they come upon a phenomenon that was similar to the one that was believed to have destroyed the Ares 4. Starfleet's Pathfinder project establishes contact with the USS Voyager using their new Midus communications array. Through 7 of 9, the crew of the U.S.S. Voyager discover Unimatrix-Zero. Unimatrix-Zero is a place where the Drones go during regeneration so they can exist as individuals as a result of a recessive mutation in some of the drones. When their regeneration cycle is complete they would forget all about Unimatrix-Zero. Unfortunately the Borg Queen has found out about this little hide-away is intent on destroying it. With the help of a nano virus developed by Voyager's EMH they are able to free thousands of drones from the hive mind.

SD 54000.00 (2377): Now that the U.S.S. Voyager has established two-way communications with Starfleet, Captain Janeway receives her first official assignment in seven years: Locate and retrieve the Friendship 1, a probe launched from Earth in 2067 with a message of peace to other worlds. Contact was lost 130 years ago, but its known trajectory would place it in the Delta Quadrant near Voyager's current position. After cleaning up the radiation that was released in the planet's atmosphere due to Friendship 1's crash landing. Voyager retrieves the Friendship 1 and resumes course for the Alpha Quadrant, but the success of their mission cost them the life of a crew member.

54973.4 – 54999.99 (2377): The U.S.S. Voyager returns home after seven years of being stranded in the Delta Quadrant thanks to the aid of an 'Admiral Janeway' from the year 2395 who brought along futuristic technology. On their way home, the crew of Voyager was able to eliminate a Borg Transwarp Hub and Unicomplex 001, the center of the Borg Collective.

SD 55000.00 – 55999.99 (2378): Project Daedalus begins under the Supervision of Admiral Paris. Their mandate is to create the next generation of starships using the best technology the Federation has to offer, and merging it with inovations they come across from other races.

SD 56844.1 (2379): The U.S.S. Enterprise-E is invited to Romulus by the new Preator, a Reman named Shinzon. Upon learning Preator Shinzon is actually a human -- cloned from Captain Picard's DNA -- and Shinzon's personal warship holds a deadly secret, the U.S.S. Enterprise flees towards Federation space to warn Earth. Shinzon follows to destroy the Enterprise and Earth. The Enterprise achieves victory at the cost of severe battle damage, and the loss of the ship's Chief Operations Officer, Lieutenant Commander Data.

SD 60742.56 (2383): The Romulan and Reman War ends, with the Romulans decalring that they have squelched the rebellion. However as a result of the war, the Romulans sue for peace with the Federation since their ability to make war had been severely depleted.

SD 60998.629 (2383): The Romulans sign treaties of alliance with the Federation and Klingon Empire. The Romulan Neutral Zone is abolished. Federation begins to send reflief convoys into Romulan space to help them rebuild.

SD 65444.5 (2387): The IRW Valdore reports unusual stellar activity, including a disturbance equivalent to a force seven ion storm. Romulus loses contact with Donatra's ship, and dispatches four D'deridex class warbirds to search for the Valdore.

The Romulan Senate finally authorizes an evacuation order, and ships are recalled to help ferry Romulus residents off-world. Military estimates are that it will take a minimum of six weeks to evacuate the homeworld.

Twenty-seven hours later, the Hobus star goes supernova. The resulting shockwave starts a chain reaction of stars going nova until it reaches and eventually destroys Romulus and Remus. Billions of Romulans are killed.

Starfleet immediately orders all available ships to cross the Neutral Zone and assist the Romulans with any possible relief and recovery efforts. Several of these ships are attacked by Nero, who is captaining the Narada, a heavily modified Romulan vessel. Additional cruisers are diverted to escort relief vessels to Romulan space.

Intercepted Romulan transmissions indicate that Praetor Chulan and the leaders of the Senate escaped Romulus before the planet's destruction. But the USS Nobel, en route to Romulus, find the bodies of Chulan and the Senate's ruling council floating in space near their derelict shuttle.

After Nero expands his attacks to Klingon ships, Chancellor Martok orders a fleet to enter Romulan space. He appoints his friend Worf as one of the mission's commanders, giving him the rank of General for the mission.

Meanwhile, Geordi La Forge brings the Jellyfish to Vulcan and agrees to allow Spock to pilot it to the Hobus system.

According to sensor reports recorded on Stardate 65471.6 by the USS Enterprise, the Hobus supernova was contained by a limited singularity, ending the threat to the quadrant. Starfleet believes that both the Jellyfish and the Narada were lost.

"He sacrificed himself to save us all," Ambassador Picard says of his friend Spock. "May his soul live long and prosper."

78000.00 (2400): The U.S.S. Chimera is the first of two prototypes launched by Project Daedalus.
 
Last edited:
I'd probably be up for this, but with a more starfleet-standard character. Perhaps a Bolian...

Don't see eough of them in my opinion. Reminds me of what the Klingons said in Undiscovered Country "The Federation is nothing more then a Homo Sapians only club." Although I think she should have said Starfleet instead of Federation.
 
Miguel Antonio Torres

Okay so I couldn't wait anymore :)

torres.jpg


RANK: Captain
SPECIES: Human
AGE: 41 Earth years old
HEIGHT: 6' 6"
WEIGHT: 185 Lbs
HAIR: Black
EYES: Brown eyes
PLACE OF BIRTH: San Juan, Puerto Rico; Earth

INTERESTS: Fishing, History, Anthropology, Literature, and Ancient Languages

LANGUAGES: English, Klingon, Latin, and others

FAMILY: Cdr. Jose A. Torres , deceased; Cdr. Marisol Torres is currently assigned to Starfleet Academy teaching Anthroplogy.
Siblings: Cdr. Juanita Torres, age 43, currently serving on DS5; Commander. Jose A. Torres II (twin brother); and Daniel Torres, 29, is a chef in Chicago, IL.

Children: None

SERVICE RECORD

2375 - 2379: Starfleet Academy, major in astro navigation
2379 - 2380: Starfleet Academy, degree in Anthropology
2380 - 2382: Starfleet Advance Tactical Training
2382 - 2392: Classified
2392 - 2395: Assigned to USS Independance as First Officer
2395 - 2399: Commanding Officer USS George Washington
2399 - Pres: Commanding Officer USS Chimera

REPRIMANDS

Classified

HISTORY

Miguel entered Starfleet Academy at the age of sixteen, and from day one he proved that he was an exceptional and gifted indivdual. He excelled in virtually every catagory. It was assumed that he would be on the fast track to Captain. He surprised everyone when he stayed at the Academy for three extra years. First to earn an advanced degree in Anthropology, then two years of Advanced Tactical Trainning. Upon completion of his training he was assigned to Starfleet's Special Operations divison.

After nearly ten years of service in Special Operations, Miguel transfered to Exploration Command, he was assinged to the USS Independance as it's XO. Miguel served with the same devotion to duty, and excellance that he had shown all of his career. Within three years he was offered his own command of the USS George Washington. During his tour as the commander of the G.W., Miguel made first contact with no less than 15 civilizations, and conducted at least two dozen trade agreements and other treaties.

In 2399 he was offered command of Starfleet's newest state-of-the-art starship, the new U.S.S. Chimera



PERSONALITY PROFILE

Miguel is an exceptional and gifted officer. He has strong sense of honor and would never do anything to violate his personal code. His strong will has allowed him to have a career that rivals that of some of Starfleet's most reveared officers. How ever as is common with most that have achieved so much so soon, his personal life has suffered.

Unlike some Starfleet Captain's, Miguel perfers to have an emotional attachment to those that serve under him, possibly to fill the void of not having a family, and thus is highly protective of those that become close to him. This and the fact that it is quite easy to get along with him, has earned Miguel a great deal of friendships throught the years of people that will do just about anything for him.
 
Last edited:
I remember having seen an episode once where 'starfleet timecops' came back and interrogated crew about a 'time/space incident'... I think it was on deepspace nine, the one where they insinuated themselves into the tribbles episode.

Anyway, what if we played in the era where these 'time police' come into being?
 
Temporal Investigations is a division within the Federation, they go investigate whenever there is a temporal incursion. Such as what you saw in the season 5 episode of DS9 called Trails and Tribble-ations. It was never said when this division was started, but since Kirk was known as having the largest file on record (at least until Janeway got her crew back) it is safe to assume that it happened during his era, probably after the first slingshot was performed.

Now in the 29 century it is known that Starfleet explores and monitors the timeline. However this game will not be dealing with time travel on such a scale. After all we're only 21 years later.
 
Okay, so a star trek/dr. who crossover is right out too then, huh?

LOL, j/k.

I don't suppose B-4 has grown into the knowledge Data left him?
 
Okay, so a star trek/dr. who crossover is right out too then, huh?

LOL, j/k.

I don't suppose B-4 has grown into the knowledge Data left him?

Assuming he ever would have, I suppose he be right around the level Data was at the beginning of TNG. If not a bit below that.
 
Uniforms

The following will be the uniforms that are recognized by Starfleet in the year 2400.

uniforms01.jpg


1. Flag Officer Standard Uniform
2. Standard Uniform (Command Department)
3. Standard Uniform (Operations and Security Departments)
4. Standard Uniform (Medical and Science Departments)
5. Standard Uniform (Command Department) Female Variant 1
6. Standard Uniform (Operations and Security Departments) Female Variant 1
7. Standard Uniform (Medical and Science Departments) Female Variant 1


uniforms02.jpg


1. Standard Uniform (Command) Female Variant 2
2. Standard Uniform (Operations and Security Departments) Female Variant 2
3. Standard Uniform (Medical and Science Departments) Female Variant 2
4. Standard Uniform (Command) Female Variant 3
5. Standard Uniform (Operations and Security Departments) Female Variant 3
6. Standard Uniform (Medical and Science Departments) Female Variant 3
7. Standard Uniform (Command) Female Variant 4


uniforms03.jpg


1. Standard Uniform (Operations and Security Departments) Female Variant 4
2. Standard Uniform (Medical and Science Departments) Female Variant 4
3. Standard CEAR Uniform
4. Standard Marine Uniform
5. Standard Uniform with Officer's Vest (Command)
6. Standard Uniform without vest (Command)
7. Standard Uniform without vest (Operations and Security Departments)


uniforms04.jpg


1. Standard Uniform (Operations and Security Departments) Female Variant 4
2. Standard Uniform (Medical and Science Departments) Female Variant 4
3. Standard CEAR Uniform
4. Standard Marine Uniform without vest
5. Standard Uniform with Officer's Vest (Command)
6. Standard Uniform without vest (Command)
7. Standard Uniform without vest (Operations and Security Departments)

uniforms05.jpg


1. Surgical Uniform
2. PT Uniform
3. Standard Flight Suit (Shuttle Pilot)
4. Standard Flight Suit (Starfleet Fighter Pilot)
5. Standard Flight Suit (Marine Fighter Pilot)
6. EVA Suit
7. Cloaking Suit

uniforms06.jpg


1. Desert Uniform with cloak (Command)
2. Desert Uniform with cloak (Operations and Security Departments)
3. Desert Uniform with cloak (Medical and Science Departments)
4. Desert Uniform without cloak (Command)
5. Desert Uniform without cloak (Operations and Security Departments)
6. Desert Uniform without cloak (Medical and Science Departments)
7. Arctic Gear

uniforms07.jpg


1. Admiral's Dress Uniform
2. Captain's Dress Uniform
3. Captain's Dress Uniform Female Variant
4. Officer's Dress Uniform
5. Officer's Dress Uniform Female Variant
6. Marine Dress Uniform
7. Enlisted Dress Uniform


uniforms08.jpg


1. Cadet Uniform (Command)
2. Cadet Uniform (Operations and Security Departments)
3. Cadet Uniform (Medical and Science Departments)
4. Cadet Dress Uniform
 
Last edited:
I probably wouldn't mind joining if I knew a bit more about the storyline.
 
I probably wouldn't mind joining if I knew a bit more about the storyline.

Well that's upto us as a whole. I have no plans for a reoccuring theme, at least right now, other then exploration and defending the Federation from all enemies forgien and domestic.
 
U.S.S. Chimera Specifications

REGISTRY INFORMATION

CLASS: Chimera
TYPE: Enhanced Deterrence Explorer (Battlecruiser)
REGISTRATION:NX-82002
CONSTRUCTED AT: CLASSIFIED
COMMISSIONED: Stardate 78000
PRIMARY MISSION: Exploration
SECONDARY MISSION: Defense and Ambassadorial Duties
COMMANDING OFFICER: Captain Miguel Torres

REFIT / RESUPPLY INFORMATION

SCHEDULED REFIT (minor): 1 year
SCHEDULED REFIT (major): 5 years
EXPECTED SERVICE LIFE: 100 years

GENERAL SPECIFICATIONS

LENGTH: 600 meters
WIDTH: 288 meters
HEIGHT: 90 meters
DECKS: 25
MASS DISPLACEMENT: 3.5 million metric tons
TOTAL OFFICERS: 140
TOTAL ENLISTED: 560
PASSENGERS: Varies
CIVILIAN: Varies
TOTAL NUMBER OF PERSONNEL: 700
EMERGENCY EVACUATION CAPACITY: 13,000

QUANTUM MATRIX BIONEURAL COMPUTER SYSTEM NETWORK

CREW INTERFACE: HLCARS 6.0
DATA TRANFER RATE: 125 Megaquads per second
NUMBER OF DEDICATED MODULES: 8000
STORAGE CAPACITY PER MODULES: 300 Quadrillion bits

STARFLEET SERIES SENSORS AND SCIENTIFIC PROBES (400)


LONG RANGE FULL EM/MULTI-SPECTRAL SCANNING: 5000 LY
MEDIUM RESOLUTION RANGE: 1700 LY
HIGH RESOLUTION RANGE: 400 LY
FULL MULTI-SPECTRUM EM/QUANTUM NAVIGATIONAL DEFLECTOR CRYSTAL ARRAY
ASTROMENTRIC SCANNING/MAPPING/ANALYSIS SENSOR ARRAYS: 75,000 LY

PROBES:

* Type I (50)
* Type II (50)
* Type III (40)
* Type IV (40)
* Type V (30)
* Type VI (30)
* Type VII (20)
* Type VIII (20)
* Type IX (20)
* Micro Probes (100)

MAIN REACTOR

Zero Point Tap (1): The Chimera is equipped with a Zero Point Energy tap. With it the Chimera is able to tap into the tidal forces of subspace its self as a power source. Having been compared to the galactic equivalent to a hydro-electrical power system, the ZeroPoint Tap operates by using gravimetric fields to create a constant and stable access point between subspace and real space, which is open at all times. Subspace, which is a volatile dimensional plane of existence, is ripe with massive gravitational forces.
FUEL DURATION: Theoritically Infinite

SECONDARY POWER SYSTEMS

Matter / Anti-Matter Reactor Assembly: 2,000+ cochranes

EMERGENCY POWER: 24 Independent Fusion Reactors

FASTER THAN LIGHT PROPULSION SYSTEMS


Continuum Distortion Propulsion aka Warp Drive: 4 nacelles
NORMAL CRUSING SPEED: Warp 9.99 for upto one year.
MAXIMUM CRUSING SPEED: Warp 9.9999 for upto six months

Using MARA
NORMAL CRUSING SPEED: Warp 2 for upto 6 months
MAXIMUM SPEED: Warp: 9.982 for 12 hours

SLIPSTREAM: As a result of recent breaks throughs regarding subspace, Starfleet engineers discovered an alternate dimensional plane devoid of matter, in which space is distorted to the point that distance means almost nothing. Slipstream is used as a shortcut by space fairing races, allowing ships to traverse the galaxy in hours, days or weeks, rather than years or centuries. Starfleet engineers chose to call this space Slipstream because of the conduit that the ship seems to fly through when in this other plane.
VELOCITY: Greater then Warp 9.9999

SUBLIGHT PROPULSION SYSTEMS

GRAVIMETRIC DRIVE SYSTEM (GDS): As Starfleet Research and Development progressed in their research of the Romulan's Artifucal Singularity, they encountered an unforeseen variable. That variable is what the GDS uses to create the sub-light movement of the ship and the artificial gravity present. The GDS constructs a three lobed subspace field that acts in many ways similar to the way that the Warp Drive works. Instead of going into FTL however, the Drive increases maneuverability and efficiency of sub-light travel. The most important factor of the development of the GDS is its enhanced subspace field manipulation factor. Through this the Starfleet Research and Development team was able to construct a realistic protocol matrix. This protocol matrix would side step the subspace field interference that they found in earlier simulations. It was found that the Impulse Engines would contribute greatly to the immediate loss of any Federation vessel equipped with a Artifical Singularity due to the interference its subspace field matrix induced into the system. Subsequently the development of the GDS system and its integration into the new Chimera Class prototype was considered to be of paramount importance.
NORMAL CRUISE SPEED: 270 million km per hour.
SUGGESTED MAXIMUM SPEED: 540 million km per hour.
MAXIMUM SPEED POSSIBLE: 950 million km per hour.

COMMUNICATIONS NETWORK

INTRASHIP TRANSMISSIONS: Voice and Data
Personnel Comm-Badge Range: 500,000 meters
SHIP TO GROUND RANGE: 42,000 - 100,000 km
Ship to Ground Comms Range: 390,000,000 to 630,000,000,000,000 kilometers
SUBSPACE RADIO SPEED: 214 trillion kilometers per hour (22.8 light-years per hr.)

TRANSPORTERS SYSTEMS

Personnel Transporters - Quantum Resolution (life form): 4 rooms
Emergency Transporters - High Volume (scan only): 2 rooms
Cargo Bay Transporters - Molecular (non-life form): 4
Maximum Transporter Range: 40,000 kilometers

TRACTOR BEAMS

MULTI-PHASIC: 2
STANDARD: 2

SHUTTLEBAYS (3)

1 (Saucer Port): Banzai Starfighters (12)

2 (Saucer Starboard): Type 15 (2), 15A (2), and 16 (2) shuttlepods; Work Bees (4); Sphinx type workpods (4)

3 (MAIN): TYPE- XIIIc SHUTTLES (6), FLYER CLASS RUNABOUTS (2), FURY CLASS RUNABOUTS (2)

DEFENSIVE SYSTEMS

TYPE XVI PHASERS (15): The Chimera Class is armed with multiple arrays of the new type XVI Phasers (Quantum Phasers). They are not only more powerful then the Type XIV arrays, but have a more rapid rate of fire, each strip is capable of locking onto and firing ten beams at ten diferent targets. The Quantum Phasers still release their energy through the application of the rapid nadion effect, however they have now been further enhanced with a beam of coherent gravity waves which disrupts the very molecules of the target at a quantum level. Any target area hit by the beam is literally torn apart at the subatomic level, reducing the affected area to a very hot cloud of quarks and mesons.
TOTAL OUTPUT: 425,000 TerraWatts
RANGE: 1,000,000 km


RAPID FIRE TORPEDO TURRET (1): This turret allows torpedoes to be fired directly at a target, rather than having to maneuver toward it after launch - a measure which cuts down the torpedo flight time against targets at short range. The Chimera's turret is capable of firing seven torpedoes per second, a rate of fire higher than any other model of torpedo tube in service.
PAYLOAD: 200 Transphasic Torpedoes / 12 Tri-Cobalt Devices
MAXIMUM SIMULATINOUS SPREAD: 7 torpedoes / projectiles per second
RANGE: 4,600,000 km

TYPE 5 BURST FIRE TORPEDO TUBES (6 fwd, 4 aft): The type 5 is one of the most powerful torpedo tubes currently in service with the Federation. It can fire a burst of twelve torpedoes every five seconds.
PAYLOAD: 500 Quantum Torpedoes / 200 Photon Torpedoes
MAXIMUM SIMULATINOUS SPREAD: 12 Torpedoes
RANGE: 4,600,000 km

ANTIMATTER SPREAD: A specially designed emitter that releases a predetermined amount of antimatter. The charges that are released are relatively harmless, and act similar to fireworks. They are quite effective in disruppting sensors from picking up engine ionizations.

COUNTER MEASURES: In addition to having the toughest armor of any known starship, the is equipped with a new system that releases small metalic discs which can be fired from the ship. These discs break energy weapons down to their various frequencies.


TRANS-SPATIAL SHIELDING: This new shielding system builds a back-buffer shield in addition to the primary shield. When sufficient damage is taken to the primary shield, the back buffer is phased through to replace the primary while it regenerates within the protection of the new primary shield. This new system consumes a good deal of energy, which is supplied by half a dozen fusion reactors arrayed near the shield emitters. The new shields also incorperate every advancement Starfleet has made in the last 20 years (ie. Auto modulating, Meta-phasic shielding, Regenerative, and Multi-Spatial shielding technology)
TOTAL CAPACITY: 15,000,000 terawatts

High level Structural Integrity Field

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

The hull matrix of the Chimera is composed of a combination of Cold Plasma, heavy Adimantium, and a Poly-Crystalline mesh. This has made the Chimera one of the most resilient and damage-resistant starships ever created by Starfleet (without the use of shields). The hull of the Chimera is capable of absorbing up to 80% of all energy directed at it. Also as a result of the Poly-Crystalline mesh the Chimera is capable of regenerating damage taken to her outter hull thanks to advances in crystalline regeneration. In effect the Chimera's hull is capable of healing itself, the time it takes for regneration of course depends on the amount of damage taken.

The Chimera is also using the latest version of the Ablative Armor Generator. The new armor is created by by generators located on the ship's hull. The new armor uses photons to establish a shield matrix around the ship and solidifies becoming quite literally a second skin. This second skin is basicly made of the same materials that the Chimera's primary hull is, except is some ten times denser. The greatest advantage of this new armor over its predecessors is that the Chimera does not need to open any special appatures in order to use the armor.

Each deck has been outfitted with special holo-emitters that allow the ship's EMH to have full access to the ship in an emergency.

CLOAKING ABILITIES: Thanks to a new understanding of subspace as well as new subsapce technology the Chimera has the ability to cloak. Essentially the Chimera cloaks by phasing somewhere between real space and the first level Subspace. This allows the ship to not only become undetectable but also intangible and unaffected by anything in the normal universe. The settings range from merely becoming invisible, to being completely intangible, however when intangible the ship's weapons are useless and cannot fire. With only the normal cloak engaged, the Chimera is extremely difficult to detect, and can still fire her weapons.
 
Last edited:
U.S.S. Chimera- Appearance

Here's what she looks like

chimera_bw_001.jpg


Here's a close up of her new type of nacelles.

nacelles.png


Although the ship looks like it only has 2 nacelles, she actually has 4. It's a new design that actually has 2 nacelles in one housing. The idea and the drawing actually came from an old friend of mine.
 
Captain's Ready Room

readyroom001.jpg


Located on Deck 1 and adjacent to the main bridge is the Captain's ready room. It is here that the commanding officer can spend a moment to themselves, work privately, or rest from the busy life of a starship captain. While at the same time, if a crisis should occur, he/she would be moments away from the bridge. The ready room provides several amenities useful for the commanding officer.

The room is quite spacious. It has a desk with built in desktop viewer for personal communications. Along the walls are shelves for personal items. The room also has a small bed along the wall, should the captain decide to rest between shifts, choosing not to return to his quarters.

The ready room also has its own replicator and computer station, which allows the captain access to the main computer, as well as the ability to monitor any ship system.

The ready room of the Chimera is typically furnished with personal touches inspired by Captain Torres. The room has a large painting of the Chimera behind the desk, which secretly hides an old fashioned Captain's safe.

readyroom003.jpg
 
Last edited:
XO's Office

This spot will be resevered for the XO's office if my friend ever finds his creative muse again.
 
Observation Lounge

observation001.jpg


The observation lounge is located on Deck 1, adjacent to the bridge and across from the Executive Officer's Office.The room, also known as the Briefing Room, is known for its simplistity to remove distractions from the attentions of its occupants. The only exceptions, however, are mutliple windows to the forward and port quarters that allow one to gaze out to the unknowns, or even watch external repair teams. A replicator also stands near the entrance programmed only to dispense drinks and snackable items, however, this can be modified by the commanding officer, or the ship's chef, if he or she desires to dine in the middle of a long-winded briefing.

A curved table rests in the middle of the room, surrounded by as many as eleven chairs; just enough for the senior staff and any mission specialists. The table itself is lit from the inside and serves as the room's primary lighting source. Small lighting strips also surround the ceiling, and are only activated if the table's lights are inoperative. At every chair, there is a small keypad. Each keypad can control the room's lighting, internal communications, even alter the progress of the presentation displayed on the Primary Display Unit. In the middle of the table is a holographic projector. This projector is ideal for presentations involving three dimensional objects, including damage reports, scan anaylsis, etc.

Behind the table is the Primary Display Unit. It has five display screens, with the one in the middle the largest. Its control grants the user unlimited access to the computer and sensors. The other display screens contain additional presentations waiting to be viewed, progress reports, or even the ship's current mission and/or operational status.

observation002.jpg
 
Right, then, I'll take the Ship's Counselor position. But I think I'll go human this time - give me some time to work on a bio.
 
Engineering

I don't have any original pics of engineering just yet. But here's something to give everyone a rough idea.

main_engineering.jpg


Main Engineering is about 3 decks in height. As you can see no warp core. Since the ship is powered by a new type of core no need to have one in main engineering. Now connected to it will be the new core (Zero-Point Energy Tap) which is actually about 6 decks in height. Now the closest thing I can think of to how it looks is actually this, a picture from G.R. Andromeda.

zpetap.jpg


Now of course Starfleet wouldn't send out a ship with a new type of power source without some sort of backup. So located in the saucer section we have a small Class 5 warp core that can be brought online in an emergency.

eng002.jpg
 
Astrometrics

astrometrics.jpg


Astrometrics (formerly known as Stellar Cartography) is part of Chimera's Science Department. Its primary function is to examine the political structures and statistics of all major political powers in all known galaxies. A geographical map of the galaxy is available on record for those who wish to view the relative political borders of the governments listed in this section.

Astrometrics is divided into two areas. The first area much like a lab. It is fitted with three customizable research stations with unlimited access to Chimera's sensor grid. In the center of the room is a large table with three smaller workstations. Each of these control holo-emitters in the ceiling and the primary display screen opposite the research stations. Utilizing holo-emitters, they are the cutting edge of Federation computer technology, allowing for highly accurate starship course control, and even long-term projections of Astronomical events.

The second area is the Holosphere. The Holosphere is exactly that, a sphere fitted with holo-emitters to project holographic images on the inside of the sphere. These holo-emitters are controlled by an anti-gravity platform with a single workstation in the center of the sphere. This platform is accessed by a retractable, translucent walkway. The holo-emitters may also be controlled by nerual-transmitting gloves that are worn by the user.

The imaging database is driven by an advanced holographic generator which obtains its data from Chimera's central computer core. The lab is directly linked to Chimera's sensor arrays so that incoming data instantly updates existing records. Chimera's sensors can detect everything from an overview of the entire galaxy to a specific region of a planet when information on political alliances and alien borders can be displayed as detailed maps. As well as showing complex data and sensor readings as computer graphics, both the screen and the holosphere can relay visual data such as log entries, and can be used as a conventional viewscreen to establish face-to-face communication. The holosphere is also integrated with the new Starfleet Holographic Network, which combines both communications and holographic imaging, recording, and projection. These displays can be overlaid with charts, labels and grids to show Chimera's most recent course, or a projected course, or just internal ship schematics.

The modified systems are ten times more accurate than the technology originally fitted on a Starfleet vessel. The new Astrometrics sensors use the stars to navigate by measuring the radiative flux of up to three billion stars simulaneously, and the computer then calcuates Chimera's position relative to the center of the galaxy.

astrometrics002.jpg
 
Tactical Planning

tacplanning002.jpg


Located on Deck 11 and 12 is easily the largest and most visually spectacular of the Chimera's facilities.

Because of the relatively limited number of Federation starships (compated to the number of uncharted and unexplored stars in our galaxy), it is very important that the position of every deep-space assigned Federation starship be accounted for, should the need arise. WIth the Tactical Planning Center, Chimera's captain is aware of any ships that could need his assistance, or the slim possibility of coming to the Chimera's assistance as well.

In the event that Chimera has suffered extreme damage, and both the main bridge and the battle bridge have been declared inoperative, Tactical Planning's control stations can be quickly reconfigured to serve as a tertiary bridge. During battles involving a fleet of starships, Tactical Planning can be manned by the captain, or the Admiral in charge of the fleet, in order to effectively deploy and monitor all ships in combat.

tacplanning001.jpg
 
Sickbay 1 & 2

sickbay001.jpg


The Chimera is equipped with not one, but two sickbays. One is located on deck 9 is where the Chief Medical Officer spends most of their time, and the other is on deck 13 and is run by the ACMO. The medical facilities on the Chimera are more advanced than the one on Sovereign Class ships due to the primary mission the U.S.S. Chimera being one of defending the Federation.

Sickbay has been modernized and all the latest technology is incorporated. Each bio bed now has the entire readout panels attached to the bed, making for a less clutterd and sterile look. Each panel is independently operated by the Doctors or nurses.

The master console (seen at far end of room) is for monitoring any individual or set of biobeds. The console also doubles as a communications console as well as direct computer interface if required.

The door on far end left (with medical symbol and blue stripe) is the Chief Medical Officer's main office. The opposite entrance is the main entrance into the sickbay by medical personnel or other authorized personnel. Note the shuttered windows, which can be closed and sealed to quarantine the area or prevent onlookers from interfering.

sickbay002.jpg
 
Back
Top