What Made You Smile/Laugh Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
:D:D:DI got the in person interview that I was hoping to get!!!!!! I'm actually kind of excited about this position (job, silly people, not a new sex position :D). I plan to wow them at the interview. :D:D:D

Congratulations! I'm job hunting myself and I know this feeling all too well. Sending good luck vibes your way! :D:D

:D:D:DI got the in person interview that I was hoping to get!!!!!! I'm actually kind of excited about this position (job, silly people, not a new sex position :D). I plan to wow them at the interview. :D:D:D

Congratulations Chiara! Nice to hear your persistence paid off. :rose:

Congratulations! I'm job hunting myself and I know this feeling all too well. Sending good luck vibes your way! :D:D

Be careful you don't text anything to the interview...

Congratulations Chiara! Nice to hear your persistence paid off. :rose:

That is awesome! :)

Thank you, thank you, thank you all...I'll let you know how it goes. Thursday I'll request positive vibes, for sure.

And rest assured SW, I shall not text in the interview. But I have to say the link had me laughing so much that tears formed and smeared my mascara...right when I was getting ready to go have a profile shot taken for some professional web site thingie all the boys and girls are linking to these days. Thanks for making me have to reapply (and I hate that part of the girlie girl routine, BTW). :rolleyes:

Waking to a thoughtful and unexpected pm ... random acts of kindness (and thoughtfulness) are really wonderful!

Waking to a thoughtful and unexpected pm ... random acts of kindness (and thoughtfulness) are really wonderful!

Talking about a random act of kindness:

I went for my quasi daily walk and came home finding an envelope in the mailbox. The contents: two tickets to theater for today and a letter from our elderly neighbors (as in 70+ yrs) saying that their granddaughter had gone into labor and they wanted to be amongst the first ones to congratulate, so they're heading to the airport and won't be needing the tickets themselves.

I truly love my neighbors! :)

The song Walking on Sunshine came on at just the right moment. I was happy that I just had to sing and dance along to it.

My flatmate has issues or maybe she thinks I do. She bought me a book called 101 Sexual Fetishes. We were reading through it and could not figure out getting off on eating someone elses snot.

Last edited:
offline kissy face.

I don't know how, but he always seems to know when I'm most upset and need some little sign that he's about. :heart:

Thank you, thank you, thank you all...I'll let you know how it goes. Thursday I'll request positive vibes, for sure.

That's great! If I miss you Thursday, sending plenty of positive vibes that you get the job! Good Luck!

1. A store has recently opened in Nelson. A...wait for it...cupcake store.

*swoons*

2. Just finished the last book in "The Hunger Games" series. Oh so satisfying. Haven't been lost in a series like that for a very long time.

3. Cupcake store.

:D

*swoons*

2. Just finished the last book in "The Hunger Games" series. Oh so satisfying. Haven't been lost in a series like that for a very long time.

3. Cupcake store.

You're like, the 500th person I've seen praising The Hunger Games. Must. Buy. Books.

P.S You's a lucky bitch with your cupcake store. :mad::p

*swoons*

3. Cupcake store.

NOOOOO MOOOOORE CUPCAAAAAKE SHOPS!!!!!!! It is time to move on America! I mean, uhhhhh, North America! No more cupcakes. ITW has spoken! Come on, people. It's been a while since I've thrown down a mandate. I don't give a shit about fashion rules anymore. I haven't complained in the nightcap thread in ages, and some of you drink some abysmal shit. I've totally mellowed on so many fronts. But enough with the fucking cupcakes. ENOUGH. Nelson, I thought you were better than this! You sound like the hippie town of my dreams and now you have a fucking cupcake shop?

:mad::mad::mad:

Phew, it's been a while since I ranted like that. Felt pretty good.

Well, it's over now. I'm cool. Go ahead, enjoy your cupcake shop. With an appletini. While wearing a scrunchie. It's cool, man. Ommmmmm.

You're like, the 500th person I've seen praising The Hunger Games. Must. Buy. Books.

Yes, yes, and...yes.

NOOOOO MOOOOORE CUPCAAAAAKE SHOPS!!!!!!! It is time to move on America! I mean, uhhhhh, North America! No more cupcakes. ITW has spoken! Come on, people. It's been a while since I've thrown down a mandate. I don't give a shit about fashion rules anymore. I haven't complained in the nightcap thread in ages, and some of you drink some abysmal shit. I've totally mellowed on so many fronts. But enough with the fucking cupcakes. ENOUGH. Nelson, I thought you were better than this! You sound like the hippie town of my dreams and now you have a fucking cupcake shop?

Well, it's over now. I'm cool. Go ahead, enjoy your cupcake shop. With an appletini. While wearing a scrunchie. It's cool, man. Ommmmmm.

You sound upset ITW. Here...have a cupcake.

*swoons*

3. Cupcake store.

Hunger Games has been on my mental list for years, but other books keep getting bumped to the top. Maybe I'm just not hungry enough. Maybe it was all those cupcakes.

(Not really, I frankly just don't get cupcakes. They remind me of 2nd grade, when James' mom would bring in these cupcakes to school on his birthday, and they were like a big sugary blobby thing on top of a tiny dry cake with paper that ended up in my mouth and sort of made my mouth feel like there were stringy undercooked cupcake sinews in it. James moved away after that. But for those who love cupcakes, notably Keroin, I hope it is all that you dream, and more, and maybe the proprietor is James, or his mom, who would be old, and sort of smelled like sugary blobs, if I remember correctly.)

I think you may need hypnosis age regression therapy. Did you have a kid named James in your class in third grade?

The song Walking on Sunshine came on at just the right moment. I was happy that I just had to sing and dance along to it.

My flatmate has issues or maybe she thinks I do. She bought me a book called 101 Sexual Fetishes. We were reading through it and could not figure out getting off on eating someone elses snot.

Interesting. I'm thinking that the "Walking" was not on "Sunshine," but rather on a sort of "Golden" sunshine-like Snot, and perhaps that really turned your crank in a way you had not previously experienced, and do not want to face.

just shove some dark chocolate in my mouth or any orifice really and I'll be good. :)

I have had one of those horrible, terrible, no good, very bad days sorts of days, and can I just say that when I read this I got the giggles and had this vision on ITW bent over, in bondage, with cupcakes being shoved up orifices other than her mouth? "Yeah baby, this one's raspberry filled with lemon cream frosting! You like that? I bet you do! Here! This one is mint infused sponge cake with chocolate ganash! Who hates cupcakes now, huh? You little cupcake whore!"

(I know... I know... I blame the horrible, terrible, no good, very bad day. And the wine. The cheap cheap wine.)

I have had one of those horrible, terrible, no good, very bad days sorts of days, and can I just say that when I read this I got the giggles and had this vision on ITW bent over, in bondage, with cupcakes being shoved up orifices other than her mouth? "Yeah baby, this one's raspberry filled with lemon cream frosting! You like that? I bet you do! Here! This one is mint infused sponge cake with chocolate ganash! Who hates cupcakes now, huh? You little cupcake whore!"

(I know... I know... I blame the horrible, terrible, no good, very bad day. And the wine. The cheap cheap wine.)

Okay. Rethinking cupcakes.

OMFG....this is hysterical!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the laugh... I needed it!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back