The AH Coffee Shop and Reading Room

Status
Not open for further replies.
Erm. . . Sorry; I didn't get the connection ?

You said the idea of bottled water confused you, I was explaining why I drink bottled water.

Coke and ice cream, yum. I haven't had a black cow in ages, but now I am craving one. sigh... I don't keep soda or ice cream in the house. But I might just have to put them on the list for the next grocery store run. :D

Back from the vet, uh, VA. I'm in better shape than I thought. Not great but better other than the shoulder, neuropathy, diabetes, high cholesterol, and a few other things.

5 gallons of filtered water here is one dollar but I have to go get it and I have my own pump. A gallon of filtered water is a quarter.

I'm having a diet dr pepper now and I have cherry vanilla ice cream in the freezer for later. :)

I'm glad the nurse weighted me before lunch. I kind of over did it.

Thanks for the reminder; I have some ice cream in my freezer. . . .

PS. Is what you call 'soda' the same as we call 'pop' ?
As in a fizzy drink ?

The only 'fizzy' in this den is either beer or proseco (Italian champagne).

I have a small, one-bear simple espresso machine. It's a descendent of the one my MIL (who turned 90 on Saturday--go Grandma!) gave me for Christmas years ago. Will I drink Americano? Damned straight I will, black thank-you. However, a cup on the couch in front of the fireplace after I roll out of the leaf pile is café au lait (half espresso/half hot milk) for the comfort of it all.

Portland tap water is divine. No filtration needed.

Coke and ice cream, yum. I haven't had a black cow in ages, but now I am craving one. sigh... I don't keep soda or ice cream in the house. But I might just have to put them on the list for the next grocery store run. :D

Me too.

Back from the vet, uh, VA..

Ha ha ha. :D

Thanks for the reminder; I have some ice cream in my freezer. . . .

As in a fizzy drink ?

Uh oh, I think we started something. Yes, pop or soda.

Portland tap water is divine. No filtration needed.

Well, maybe for some people. However, here's the rub. I take thyroid replacement. Chlorine or fluoride in the water prevent my medicine from working in my body properly. Water may taste great but those two things will throw me for a loop. I once worked in a school and started filling my mug from the water fountain. By the end of the week I felt like I'd never had the meds at all. Then I realized my stupidity. :rolleyes:

You two!!!!!!!! Now I want a coke over icecream.

OMG - a coke float is one of my guilty pleasures! I haven't had one in years - but now YOU'VE FORCED ME INTO IT, and I'll do one tomorrow.

The only problem with those is that they have a mysterious ability to make my belt shrink :(

As in a fizzy drink ?

Yes. Canadians and people in the northern US states also call them "pop". And some Texans call all sodas (or pops, fizzy-drinks, whatever) "coke". TxRad, is that very common? I heard it a lot in the Austin / Killeen / Temple area.

I have a small, one-bear simple espresso machine. It's a descendent of the one my MIL (who turned 90 on Saturday--go Grandma!) gave me for Christmas years ago. Will I drink Americano? Damned straight I will, black thank-you. However, a cup on the couch in front of the fireplace after I roll out of the leaf pile is café au lait (half espresso/half hot milk) for the comfort of it all.

I have an espresso machine that can also steam milk, and I make espressos and lattes all the time. Great investment!

Is anyone familiar with Cuban coffee? (aka "caffe Cubano", I think.) I gotta learn how to make those. Loved them when I was in Miami.

Back from the vet, uh, VA...

laugh.gif
@TxRad

OMG - a coke float is one of my guilty pleasures! I haven't had one in years - but now YOU'VE FORCED ME INTO IT, and I'll do one tomorrow.

My partner came home, saw the evidence, read the guilty expression and promptly one-upped me. Decadence rules in the House of Chloe tonite!

https://encrypted-tbn2.***********/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTC8eLtJ5-52picTBLDArZIKjBMpQC4J8kue1zRNTAq6FjVQYHJ2g

My partner came home, saw the evidence, read the guilty expression and promptly one-upped me. Decadence rules in the House of Chloe tonite!

https://encrypted-tbn2.***********/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTC8eLtJ5-52picTBLDArZIKjBMpQC4J8kue1zRNTAq6FjVQYHJ2g

thumbs_up.gif

horns.gif

Nice combo. I do appreciate the good drink here and there. Despite my posts about booze, I don't really drink all that much. I appreciate a good binge every once in while though.

Try some Rumchada sometime.

Lynn, I haven't been following closely - but by my reckoning, your surgery would be over by now.

Did you have the knee replacement? If so, how has the recovery been?

We're thinking of you, kiddo...

It was cancelled two hours before it was to start.

That's really not funny, Madam.

No, it's not and I feel for you Lynn. All the best. :rose::rose::rose:

Nice combo. I do appreciate the good drink here and there. Despite my posts about booze, I don't really drink all that much. I appreciate a good binge every once in while though. Try some Rumchada sometime.

Rumchada? I've never heard of that one but I din;t drink much and when I do, it's usually a glass of wine or I sip my partner's beer. Those asian alcohol genes. I flush bright red after one drink and I get silly very fast. Two glasses and my politics are uncontrollable. Three and I start telling jokes. Four and I'm dancing on tables.

We won't go to what happens after five..... but just watch out for the fingernails .....

3006F3D800000578-3393619-image-a-26_1452506089976.jpg

Last edited:
Is there room for a little one in here? :devil:

(Lynn, very sorry to hear about your operation :rose:)

Is there room for a little one in here? :devil:

(Lynn, very sorry to hear about your operation :rose:)

Well, well, well; Duchess is on a crest.
Welcome ! :kiss:
Can I offer you a Coffee ? You'd be amazed at the variety, including Black Rifle . . .

Can I offer you a Coffee ? You'd be amazed at the variety, including Black Rifle . . .

Got a spare cup for you right here.......

https://encrypted-tbn3.***********/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTrW7gXAelmQub_Pd25Wrk2HyDSTby52eqfYsdnZD_tCyoAOhBF

Morning all,

A happy group I see. I think more than one added a little extra to the coke floats. And Yes, Haulover, everything is a coke for a generic term.

Glad everyone got a chuckle out of me being at the vet.

Lynn, sorry about the cancellation but better safe than sorry.

Ah, I see the doctor is in the house. Welcome.

Chloe, I need one of those cups. Does it come in a 20 oz size. :eek:

Morning all,

A happy group I see. I think more than one added a little extra to the coke floats. And Yes, Haulover, everything is a coke for a generic term.

Glad everyone got a chuckle out of me being at the vet.

Lynn, sorry about the cancellation but better safe than sorry.

Ah, I see the doctor is in the house. Welcome.

Chloe, I need one of those cups. Does it come in a 20 oz size. :eek:

The good news is that the "bigger-up" machine is working and growing your usual mug to 20oz capacity as we speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back