The 2016 Literotica Award Nominations: Most Influential Writer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laurel

Kitty Mama
Joined
Aug 27, 1999
Posts
20,678
In this category, please nominate the writer who affected you the most in 2016. Whose stories did you seek out and enjoy? Who made laugh/cry/etc.? Whose body of work most had an effect on you or your writing (if you're an author) this year?

Author must be an active Literotica author (meaning their account is still currently on Literotica – it has not been removed or cancelled) who submitted stories during the year 2016 (and those submissions must still be on the site).

One nomination per member, please. If multiple nominations are made by a member, only the first listed will count.
 
Nomination

I do hope this is where we nominate people.

I nominate Tefler (https://www.literotica.com/stories/memberpage.php?uid=2967464&page=bio) for Most Influential Writer for his Three Square Meals series. The man has written and posted an astonishing 70 chapters of his gripping epic over the course of 15 months, totaling more than 1 million words; 62 chapters of which were posted during 2016. And he's still going strong, with no end to the story in sight. What's even more impressive is that Three Square Meals is his first foray into writing! I didn't get into his story until he had already posted more than two dozen chapters, but when I did, I was hooked along with all his other readers!

One needs only look at the comment sections on most of the chapters to see just how ravenous his readers are. The comments are full of debates on various aspects of the story, ranging from speculation on where the story will go next to the science supporting the Three Square Meals universe.

Tefler reads all these comments and will respond when he has the time. He has even admitted that the discussions in the comments have influenced the story and helped him make it all the better.

It takes a great, influential writer to inspire his readers the way Tefler has.
 
Last edited:
Tefler all the way

Gotta agree with my man Jedi Khan, Tefler's Three Square Meals series is one of the best stories I have ever read.
 
Yup Tefler

He is a beast, posting amazing LONG chapters every couple of weeks or so. Three Square Meals has taken on a life of it's own. It is an amazing story.
 
Tefler

Agree with all the above Tefler for me. His other two stories also stand out as excellent.

Whilst not eligible nominations as Tefler is the first, a respectable call out and acknowledgement to Magicwrtr, Isabella_1978_UK, Mindsmirror and Lovecraft68
 
Tefler's 3 square meals

Is the best story on Lit IMHO. His writing style has done nothing but blossom and his saga grabs you by the neather reigons and doesn't let go.

If you have not read it yet....Please join us junkies.

BTW: I nominate Tefler for this category...lol
 
Couldn't agree more--Tefler

I don't know of any other Lit author who has so many fans desperately waiting for the next installment of a story, or who are so engaged in not only the technical aspects but also the character development.

If you haven't encountered this series, start now! At well over 1 million words and climbing, it'll take you a while to catch up.
 
silkstockingslover

I have to go with silkstockingslover. The reason I have branched out into more incest/taboo subjects is because of how interesting her characters are and how original each scene is. Despite her many works, I have always enjoyed each story.
 
I nominate Tefler.

One of the longest and best written stories on literotica, Tefler's three square meals is one the best stories I have ever read. With more chapters than many professional writers would ever hope to write, Tefler has consistently written a intriguing sci-fi universe that never ceases to entertain myself and thousands of other readers who have read his works.
 
I’ll nominate Silkstockingslover too as arguably being the author who comes closest to actually being applicable to the category--most influential author of 2016. You aren’t the most influential author on the site when you only have written in one category in the year—and fewer stories (a chapter isn’t a story) even then than you can count on the fingers of one hand. And when you can’t crack the top 200 level of the Favoritest Author list and you can’t make more than one “most popular” author list in the category hubs. For this category not to be a joke, the author has to have some greater, broader impact on the writing file and readers and other authors in 2016 than that.

In checking the lists provided by the Web site that have application to “most influential”—those being the total stories written in the year, the categories covered with those stories, the placement on the “Favoritest Author” list, the placement on category hub “popular author” lists, and the mentions during the year on the forum of authors who have influenced other authors or readers I come up with Silkstockingslover.

This author posted 69 stories in 13 different categories in 2016. The author currently is the #1 Favoritest Author at Literotica, the author is on (and in many cases at the top of) 13 (out of 31) “most popular” category hub lists, and it’s the author I most frequently saw singled out for mention on the forum in 2016. The author is on the hub top popular authors hub lists with great diversity of category: anal, fetish, gay male, group sex, illustrated, incest/taboo, interracial, lesbian, mature, mind control, nonconsent, reviews and essays, and transsexuals and crossdressers.

To give the category respect, this is the sort of across-the-story file record you need to be considering in justifying a “most influential author”—unless you want to give a testimonial for an author whose story kept you from jumping off the Brooklyn Bridge and also convinced you to give a kidney to the family dog.

The others I found in putting what I think is relevant to “influential author” together included Walterio, Many Feathers, Boxlicker, SusanJillParker, TxRad, Xelliebabex, Lovecraft68 ,Tx Tall Tales (in no particular order), all on more than one category “popular” hub list, with varied category production in 2016, and on the top 100 Favoritist Authors list—but none shine on the triangulation of all of that like Silkstockingslover did in 2016. (An aside: Samuelx is the top producer—by far—here and was on popular author lists in 11 categories when I checked—probably the second highest to Silkstockingslover, but many tend to see his writing influence in negative terms on the basis of story content, which may be why he isn’t on the top 250 Favoritest authors list.)

[Arguing amongst participants, off-topic negativity, and questioning the legitimacy of the contest/contestants will no longer be tolerated in the contest threads. - admin]
 
adjoaq

I nominate adjoaq for her series: Savage Desire (GM)


https://www.literotica.com/s/savage-desire-ch-01


People became so invested in the story and the characters that they became very vocal about the direction of the story after one particular chapter.

She is an unbelievable writer who takes her readers on a journey whether her story is about first-time, GM, interracial romance, or erotic coupling. She leaves you craving each chapter until the story is finished.
 
nominee

I nominate Silkstockingslover / Jasmine Walker , by far the best writer on the forum , hands down
 
I'm going to also go with Silkstockinglover, she's prolific, talented, can write across the board and despite the insanely stroky(borderline eyerolling) titles of some of her stories, the quality is always there. She's also from what I have seen of her on the boards, a class act.

Even though they won't count. I want to mention Oggbashan, Tx Rad and sr71plt for not just 2016, but all with a decade plus of giving advice and helping other authors here.
 
Last edited:
[Arguing amongst participants, off-topic negativity, and questioning the legitimacy of the contest/contestants will no longer be tolerated in the contest threads. - admin]
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top