Building His Church

sirhugs

Riding to the Rescue
The young minister is sent to a community where there are group of believers who have not had their own church so far. He holds services in the community center, but wants a proper church, so he starts a Building Fund, but it goes slowly.

Suddenly, it starts doubling weekly. Little does he know what his loving wife is doing for the money....

The young minister is sent to a community where there are group of believers who have not had their own church so far. He holds services in the community center, but wants a proper church, so he starts a Building Fund, but it goes slowly.

Suddenly, it starts doubling weekly. Little does he know what his loving wife is doing for the money....

I hope he gets the money soon. Even if he started with $10 a week, pretty soon he'd be getting $10,240 a week, all from his wife. Ouch... And then the next week, $20,480...

How would you see the wife starting her method of fundraising? What man would be the first customer?

This story begs a one-liner from the wife when she services her first customer: "You will be the cock upon which I build my church.":p:D

How would you see the wife starting her method of fundraising? What man would be the first customer?

a choir member?
the eldest of the elders?
the elder's son, barely 18 & nerdy, just conscripted to help the minister's wife run the sunday school he has outgrown?
and let's not forget the church women...

I think she is lovely, but dresses chastely. she inspires lust, and finally, someone makes an offer...

This story begs a one-liner from the wife when she services her first customer: "You will be the cock upon which I build my church.":p:D

that could be the opening line!

(I love starting in media res then flashing back).

It's an interesting and very hot idea. On the other hand, stories wherein authority figures turn out to be hypocrites are a dime a dozen; I can't be the only one getting tired of the theme, can I?

There are, of course, ways around this; given the diverse array of beliefs that fall under the umbrella of Christianity, there probably is a sect out there that would be okay with this, and/or one could be made up. But I suspect that would take away some of the appeal.

a choir member?
the eldest of the elders?
the elder's son, barely 18 & nerdy, just conscripted to help the minister's wife run the sunday school he has outgrown?
and let's not forget the church women...

I think she is lovely, but dresses chastely. she inspires lust, and finally, someone makes an offer...

I like the elder's son angle. He would be a likely candidate for making such a move, especially if his father is well to do and he has his own allowance to use for how he pleases...

Back