What would you do if Lit shut down tomorrow?

Matt_Next_Door

5....4....3....2...1...
Joined
Aug 11, 2014
Posts
11,994
You try to log on tomorrow and Lit has permanently closed down the board. What would you do? Where would you go? Are you in contact with all of your lit friends on other venues? Are there others you need to put on that list that you haven't yet? Or do you need to scramble and build a Lit ark?
 
I'd start a new forum...you'd all eventually find it I think.
 
Well, since Craigslist personals closed, and then Backpage.com, Lit is all I have left. If it closed, I'd probably just sell everything I own and spend the rest of my life wandering the world aimlessly.

Or....

I could get a second job and invest all my earnings in high yield bonds and then retire early.

Or....

I'm pretty sure I could track down most people I talk to here, on Tumblr/Redditt/Skype/Kik based on people being creatures of habit and the predictability of usernames.

Yeah. That.
 
Interesting premise and not entirely unlikely. There are some here I'm in or have been in contact with off of the treads. But that's not always an option or something a Lit friend or acquaintance would wish. Some here are very good at keeping a clear separation between their real lives and here. So in all honesty, I'd stay in touch with some and lose contact with others. Life would go on and it would be a sure fire way to break away from this artificial culture and madhouse. ;)
 
I’d call Thundercock and we’d plan our wardrobe for the next few weeks. Several pj’s would be involved.

SSDD
 
I think that would be a true test of friendship for a lot of people. I am in touch with some people elsewhere, but most just here. I would be interested to see who would seek me out. I seem to suffer from one-sided relationship syndrome, though, and if I don't make the effort I feel I would lose touch with many.
 
I think that would be a true test of friendship for a lot of people. I am in touch with some people elsewhere, but most just here. I would be interested to see who would seek me out. I seem to suffer from one-sided relationship syndrome, though, and if I don't make the effort I feel I would lose touch with many.

Cant get rid of me:D...I know where to find you anyhow;)

I love you and wont let you go:kiss:
 
I would freak the hell out.

I have a few people added off of here on my kik and on my email but not everyone..

That would be a depressing day honestly.
 
There are many here now and many that come and go that I don't have contact info for but would love to stay in contact in some way if that ever happens...and hopes that it doesn't.
 
I have some people I frequently chat with or follow on other sites. I would be happy that some of the crappy stories I wrote would be gone though. ;)
 
I have some people I frequently chat with or follow on other sites. I would be happy that some of the crappy stories I wrote would be gone though. ;)

I actually appreciate anyone that took the time to write any kind of story...it's not as easy as it looks to get something published.
 
I actually appreciate anyone that took the time to write any kind of story...it's not as easy as it looks to get something published.

The majority of mine were done when i first came onto the site. I haven't written anything in almost a year it feels like.

Still, I mean if you are friends with someone, it's always a good idea if they're up for it to have alternate ways of contact just in case. I have only a couple of folks on some places due to the public motif of the site. But it ll depends how good friends they are.
 
I got ghosted. Then I got ghosted again. Then I learned my lesson.

Now I make sure I've got more than one channel of communication with a person before I lower the drawbridge.

If lit vanished tomorrow I'd email/message/ smoke signal my lit friends and say 'Which one of you crazy drivers crashed lit?'

...Now if the whole internet crashed... well ... shits!:eek:

*Furiously starts working on a new contingency plan in his apocalypse bunker!*:rolleyes:
 
I got ghosted. Then I got ghosted again. Then I learned my lesson.

Now I make sure I've got more than one channel of communication with a person before I lower the drawbridge.

If lit vanished tomorrow I'd email/message/ smoke signal my lit friends and say 'Which one of you crazy drivers crashed lit?'

...Now if the whole internet crashed... well ... shits!:eek:

*Furiously starts working on a new contingency plan in his apocalypse bunker!*:rolleyes:

lol Ug3 Today my internet was off for 5 hours and I was going nuts.
 
I’d climb into a pear tree and when I’d see a cute woman go by...

If I fell asleep under your pear tree would you watch over me and make sure sprigans don't steel my shoe laces....

Or would you climb down and draw a mustachio and devils horns on my face then run away laughing?
 
No answer eh?

Well how are we supposed to work out if your a good pear fairy or a bad one?

*Shakes head in disappointment*
 
I'd do what I used to do, and maybe some new things. Everything comes and goes...
 
Back
Top