"To keep the review thread clean..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Poets

Really Really Experienced
Joined
Jul 2, 2002
Posts
456
Because we're human and it will always happen, here's a thread for all the thank-you notes and off-topic banter that occasionally clog up the New Poems Reviews and others.

Enjoy. :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to add the first hello and useless banter, before I slip off and watch the rest enjoy this new thread... so....


"Hello :) and let the useless banter and thank you's commence :D "

Red :rose:
 
The Poets said:
Because we're human and it will always happen, here's a thread for all the thank-you notes and off-topic banter that occasionally clog up the New Poems Reviews and others. And for whatever else you can think of.

Enjoy. :)

hey, eve...i've always wondered. - that statue in 'the Poets' AV is you, isn't it.

well, it feels like it's you, anyway.

i know it is a position you'd like to be petrified into, when the time comes.

:rose:
 
PatCarrington said:
hey, eve...i've always wondered. - that statue in 'the Poets' AV is you, isn't it.

well, it feels like it's you, anyway.

i know it is a position you'd like to be petrified into, when the time comes.

:rose:

Check the "1 Image 7 Voices" link in The Poets' signature. ;)
 
oh just got my own answer-- the only think I do no like about starting new threads and I meant to say this before, is it deletes the history-- like I dont get to see icingsugar's name on the new 10 thread.
 
oh just got my own answer-- the only think I do no like about starting new threads and I meant to say this before, is it deletes the history-- like I dont get to see icingsugar's name on the new 10 thread.
 
PatCarrington said:
hey, eve...i've always wondered. - that statue in 'the Poets' AV is you, isn't it.

well, it feels like it's you, anyway.

i know it is a position you'd like to be petrified into, when the time comes.

:rose:
It's me with a slip on that's pulled up around my thighs and tummy. Someone once thought it was a pregnant woman. No, it's bunched up material--maybe some leftover baby fat. And I'm on a mountain that's outside my window. Well, I pasted myself on it. And on the other side is a photo of the night and the moon. This image is a few years old and hopefully I look less preggers now. :rolleyes:
 
Need a reviewer for Sunday

Hello All...
First I would like to thank Bluerains, Rhyme Fairy and MET for covering for me the last 3 weeks while I made my big move to the West. I appreciate the rally force that stepped up to the plate when I asked for help. It encouraged my views on life and how people can stand up to help others when asked.

On that note: With the move my life has changed greatly. I want to spend more time with my partner learning about how to live as a couple (always a challenge!) and find time for writing. With these thoughts in mind I must step down as the Sunday reviewer. I hope that someone will step into the slot. I will still cover until someone takes the day.

I want to thank The Poets for giving me the opportunity to review on Sundays. I learned from reading others work and I enjoyed the process.

So once again thank you all for the support and learning experience! I will fill in also on days that someone needs to have covered regarding reviews. Just time for Du Lac to change in many areas.

blessings
Du~ :rose:

PS my post has been edited and some feelings have been erased. I am sorry that my voice can not be heard. It was not done with ill intention;rather only to state how I felt upon returning to this forum after a brief time away.
 
Last edited:
WickedEve said:
It's me with a slip on that's pulled up around my thighs and tummy. Someone once thought it was a pregnant woman.
It was - as it is - a beautiful composition, pregnant with possibility. Forgive the cliché. ;)

I wasn't surprised it originated so many quality poems.
 
coming back

well I came back after two years of absence and was told that the place had gone down hill. I was thinking it had become to tame, or something. Reading a few threads, and popping my eyes back into my skull, I see that all sorts of nastyness is running rampet.

I used to be the argumentative type, clawing and biting my way, and never really getting out of it. Hell, look at the threads I was in two years ago, some of them got down right nasty. Today I realize that I lost friends like that, and really missed out on good chances to learn about people. I have also realized that I'd rather be happier than right all the time.

I would like to thank all who welcomed me back, especially my favorite fish friend. :)

I am hoping everyone will release their resentments and flow back into the poetry that this place was made for. I have missed many of you, and I hope you have been doing well.

I am thankful for accidently finding this place again, because I really have been neglecting my writing...and in so doing, neglected a part of my own soul.

Love,
Crow (okay, now my fingers are numb)
 
CrowSingsOver said:
I used to be the argumentative type, clawing and biting my way, and never really getting out of it. Hell, look at the threads I was in two years ago, some of them got down right nasty. Today I realize that I lost friends like that, and really missed out on good chances to learn about people. I have also realized that I'd rather be happier than right all the time.
Okay, I peeked. :) I don't see many posts by you or anything negative--of course, I only glanced at a few. I'm sure you were a pussycat compared to most. It's nice that you've returned. I'm pretty sure that I recall your cool name.
 
The Poets said:
Good point, Anna. Check your PMs. :)
yes yes research research research

:)

so, anyone want to chat about um... lets see.... sex during your period?

I wrote a poem about it and think it might be too much.
 
anna....
never too much... happens to be when I am at my randy peak..lol.. messy, but safe and hot! So fire away with that poem girl.. nothing is over to the top really when it comes to hot sex!
du~ :nana:

annaswirls said:
yes yes research research research

:)

so, anyone want to chat about um... lets see.... sex during your period?

I wrote a poem about it and think it might be too much.
 
Hi Du, good to see you, glad the move went well.

Okay, so tell me, what is that AV? It is fucking with my brain. Looks like a duck billed nun with the shrunken head of a former lover.... maybe Millie or Vanilli. ?
 
pussycat

lol Hey, I wasn't the mean one! The fish was comparing my poems to "Hallmarkain efforts". But, in my defense, I did write a "special" poem for him in under five minutes. He didn't appreciate it. *sniffle*
 
CrowSingsOver said:
So what about the nautilus one? I didn't do it in much time, I'm hoping it's not bad because of it.

The Thief
by My Erotic Tail ©

Who is this thief that steals from my line,
again and again, time after time.

Leaving dirty laundry scattered around,
finding them laying on the ground.

What a mess they have made of things,
the emotions they stir and sorrow they bring.

I wait and watch my laid out line,
I have patience and plenty of time.

Searching for answers to the crime,
who is littering these things of mine?

Then I saw them land on my line,
taking my clothes pins one at a time.

The black Crow that has caused such a mess,
likes the shinny spring of the clothes pins I guess.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I think of this when I seen your screen name...<bigrin>
 
CrowSingsOver said:
lol Hey, I wasn't the mean one! The fish was comparing my poems to "Hallmarkain efforts". But, in my defense, I did write a "special" poem for him in under five minutes. He didn't appreciate it. *sniffle*

Where's the poem? I want to read it. I'm nosy.
 
heh

yesterday I caught a fish
i thought to cook it in a dish
even though it was a smallish size
it's bite took me by quite surprise!
with out a thought I threw it back
and settled for a jumbo jack
 
CrowSingsOver said:
yesterday I caught a fish
i thought to cook it in a dish
even though it was a smallish size
it's bite took me by quite surprise!
with out a thought I threw it back
and settled for a jumbo jack

Oh! My tic tac just fell out of my mouth and into my lap.


Psst...your meter is off. ;)
 
meter

hey, it did the job...it riled the fish. So, so worth it. LOL

actually a certain other member replied by saying "it the fish! eat the fish!" or something like that, which he didn't appreciate, either
 
Good work

annaswirls said:
ah you know I try. I will hopefully be around more now that mannequ's fall issue is up and running. Thank God.

I checked it out, it really is very good :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top