The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, I don't know the song but I do get the reference and a big fat plot bunny jumping around.

Just what I need, another plot bunny. <Eyes anna suspiciously> It's a conspiracy to get me to write a story for you right?

;) :D
No, seriously, I just heard the song this afternoon, and thought of the woman you'd told me about recently. There was nothing more to it than that.

Back from taking pictures, went very well. It was a volunteer gig for a pet adoption agency where we were selling pet pictures with Santa. Got great feedback from the customers.

Anna, Seahawks beat Chicago in OT.
Yup. I heard and was dancing around the table. :)

There's a similar feeling in the UK.
It seems that England beat New Zealand (the All Blacks) at Rugby. This is incredible because the All Blacks rarely loose; they are just too good.
It's not a question who's going to win, but more a case of 'by how many' ?
But of course, the match was on Satellite TV (Sky) so I couldn't watch it (I have enough trouble with the new digital terrestrial stuff).

'Night all
Damn, I'll bet that was an amazing match.

I was on a safari once when we broke off the hunt to pick up a Tri-Nations Cup meet on the sat-dish. Beer, biltong and rugby. Great way to spend an afternoon and it was enhanced by the fact for once the Springboks beat the All Blacks. Sort of thing doesn't happen very often . . .
I was in Ireland during the '06 World Cup and managed to catch France's quarter- and semi-final matches in the best pubs imaginable. In the match against Brazil, we were in a pub with only a few tables and no dinner service. At halftime, we decided that we just weren't going to make it without dinner, so we walked down a few doors to the chippy (never again ordering battered sausage) and ate. Imagine our surprise when we walked back to the pub, and our table was still available! I invited people to join us, but they were pretty well set by then.
 
I always thought they were pretty much useless, although I will admit to dancing around the kitchen and singing, "I'll tell you what I want, what I really really want."


I think my niece liked Baby and Sporty the most.


Whoo! Yes, it looks like life is grand indeed! Have fun with all the new toys. :)


8:30 to 5pm on Sunday is just wrong. I'd go nuts with your schedule.

Well, last night was a lot of fun. Our theatre troupe had a social event and we presented readings from the plays we're proposing for our next season. I'd like to have us do this more often and will work with our social coordinator, so that other shows can receive the same attention. Sometimes scripts just don't read well and it's helpful to see them "on their feet."
The extra dollar per hour for working Sunday helps, though if a holiday follows on Sunday, we get paid for working it if we work the Monday after it. :(

Now I'm tired and ready for all the time off til 6 PM Thursday when I have to work a 4 hour shift.

Thank heavens my department doesn't have to stay to midnight during December!:eek:
 
Good Morning one & all.
There's coffee on the side, doughnuts on order (for those who like 'em) and fresh English biscuits in the barrel.
 
*dragging self in* Okay, seriously, short of investing in earplugs, what is the best way to deal with a snorer?

Coffee.... *hugs Handley* Thank you.

topace, your work schedule sounds insane. I'm glad you don't have to stay until midnight this month, too.
 
*Walks in; messy bed hair, eyes half closed.* Morning all. *Groan*

Thanks for the coffee and doughnuts HP.

Made the mistake of checking my work email after waking up, looks like there will be a file share outage waiting for me. *sigh* I hate Mondays.

Hope everyone else had a nice weekend.
 
*dragging self in* Okay, seriously, short of investing in earplugs, what is the best way to deal with a snorer?
.

Some of those breathing strips or a big hammer. Both work but one you don't go to jail for.

*Walks in; messy bed hair, eyes half closed.* Morning all. *Groan*

Thanks for the coffee and doughnuts HP.

Made the mistake of checking my work email after waking up, looks like there will be a file share outage waiting for me. *sigh* I hate Mondays.

Hope everyone else had a nice weekend.

What's a weekend? I've worked seven days a week, 12 hours a day, for 40 years. So again I ask, what is a weekend?
 
Some of those breathing strips or a big hammer. Both work but one you don't go to jail for.



What's a weekend? I've worked seven days a week, 12 hours a day, for 40 years. So again I ask, what is a weekend?

LOL, point taken.
 
Yeah, what's a weekend?

I haven't had one off in a few weeks. Glad today's a day off and so are the following two days.

A doughnut would be nice, thank you. For my coffee triple-triple mocha please.
 
I just got plain black tea here. :(

Been out of the Earl for a while now. :(
 
One glass of tea coming right up in that case.

Personally I prefer it with sugar, or I drink ice tea hot. What can I say, I have a sweet tooth! ;)
 
Yeah, what's a weekend?

I haven't had one off in a few weeks. Glad today's a day off and so are the following two days.

A doughnut would be nice, thank you. For my coffee triple-triple mocha please.

Meh, you have to be creative in your view of "weekend."

Oh, and Tex? Those breathing strips apparently don't work for everyone. They're great for me, but.... *grrr*
 
Good evening party-goers.

Got done some writing, but past a certain hour and apparently my writing ability shuts down.
 
Or more time for me to play computer games and read fan fiction.

I also took a nap.
 
I also washed dishes and j/o'd twice today.

Reading stories on Lit can get me hotter faster than a summer day in Mexico! ;)
 
I also washed dishes and j/o'd twice today.

Reading stories on Lit can get me hotter faster than a summer day in Mexico! ;)

Lucky for you ;)

I had to wrok today, so I have neither written nor "helped myself" ha ha
 
Lucky for you ;)

I had to wrok today, so I have neither written nor "helped myself" ha ha
I always make sure to 'help myself' when I work, either before or after.

Most often afterwards as it helps relieve the stress that work gives me. ;)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top