The "Fuck you cancer!" thread

January is testing month for me, since it's the anniversary of my diagnosis. First up was a colonoscopy, which did not go well because the prep was incomplete. Still, the doc was able to remove a polyp and some tissue from the site of last year's surgery. All of these tissues passed the test: no evidence of disease. Next up was a CT scan but I haven't heard back on this yet. I'm hoping to hear today or tomorrow.

It's quite likely that I've been even more irascible than usual lately. Anxiety over cancer testing is a real thing and I know it hit me pretty hard this time around. I'm scheduled to redo the colonoscopy in a week, and it won't be until all the results are in from that exploration that I'll know for sure if I passed all my tests. I studied hard; I really did.

ETA: Just got word that the CT scan showed no evidence of disease. Starting to choreography my happy dance. :)

Congratulations on the CT scan!

Threads like this choke me up so I often don't respond. I'm happy to see some good news. :rose:

Congratulations on the CT scan!

Threads like this choke me up so I often don't respond. I'm happy to see some good news. :rose:

Thanks to both of you for adding your thoughts to the mix.

Meeks, I used to avoid this thread for weeks at a time. Then, when I was first diagnosed a year ago, I hesitated to post for ten days. I'd told a few close friends here about my condition but I just wasn't sure how much I wanted to put out on social networks or here. One Lit friend in particular urged me to post to this thread, suggesting that it was a place of great warmth and healing. As I reflect on the last year, I'm pretty sure I would have had a much harder time of it had I not posted here and let my friends share their concern. I received countless well wishes here, equally countless PMs, emails, and even text messages meant to cheer me up and help me through. I would have been a basket case without all that support. I can't possibly repay that support, but I can pass on a small fraction of it by ensuring that this thread stays aloat for others who might need it to see that it's here.

I hope you come back with another report of no change. :rose:

gypsy*seer my hope and wish for you is the same MWY ...hope your head up and dont let this villian take you spirits or you down ...:rose:

Thank you both for the positive thoughts. :rose:

guys and gals,

You are the best, I went in and out in about 10 mins ...not terrible ...still smiling and breathing

ace - So great to hear that this next part went so well!

Yank - you know how very happy I am to hear that your tests gave you some GOOD news! :rose:

I haven't been here in awhile and as for Mom, the news hasn't been so very good. The lung cancer has worsened a bit, and she's developed a tumor on the cerebellum (treatable). Radiation for the brain is scheduled for Friday, with the chemo scheduled to start Monday, if all works out as desired. She is being a trooper through it all (at almost 77, that to me, is remarkable in itself).

Lately, I just haven't had the energy to post, although I do find it so comforting to come here and vent, so to speak. Not to mention the uplifting feeling I get when I read those positive posts, too. Please forgive any spelling and grammatical errors tonight! :eek:

Love to you all, and I'll be back as I can. These next few weeks will be a challenge. :heart:

Thanks to both of you for adding your thoughts to the mix.

Meeks, I used to avoid this thread for weeks at a time. Then, when I was first diagnosed a year ago, I hesitated to post for ten days. I'd told a few close friends here about my condition but I just wasn't sure how much I wanted to put out on social networks or here. One Lit friend in particular urged me to post to this thread, suggesting that it was a place of great warmth and healing. As I reflect on the last year, I'm pretty sure I would have had a much harder time of it had I not posted here and let my friends share their concern. I received countless well wishes here, equally countless PMs, emails, and even text messages meant to cheer me up and help me through. I would have been a basket case without all that support. I can't possibly repay that support, but I can pass on a small fraction of it by ensuring that this thread stays aloat for others who might need it to see that it's here.

:heart:

Yank - you know how very happy I am to hear that your tests gave you some GOOD news! :rose:

I haven't been here in awhile and as for Mom, the news hasn't been so very good. The lung cancer has worsened a bit, and she's developed a tumor on the cerebellum (treatable). Radiation for the brain is scheduled for Friday, with the chemo scheduled to start Monday, if all works out as desired. She is being a trooper through it all (at almost 77, that to me, is remarkable in itself).

Lately, I just haven't had the energy to post, although I do find it so comforting to come here and vent, so to speak. Not to mention the uplifting feeling I get when I read those positive posts, too. Please forgive any spelling and grammatical errors tonight! :eek:

Love to you all, and I'll be back as I can. These next few weeks will be a challenge. :heart:

Hugs to you and healing vibes for your mom. Please remember to make some time for yourself, too. :heart:

I haven't commented on this thread in ages. I recently got health insurance and will be finally getting diagnostics after a 5-year gap. It entails the usual blood work, and an endoscopy. Hopefully, everything will come up negative.

Wishing everyone a great weekend!

:rose:

I hope all goes well with the treatments and do take care of yourself!

I haven't commented on this thread in ages. I recently got health insurance and will be finally getting diagnostics after a 5-year gap. It entails the usual blood work, and an endoscopy. Hopefully, everything will come up negative.

Good to hear that you will be getting all the needed check ups!

Positive thoughts to you.

Chemo in the morning for myself

I'm glad to hear that you'll be able to go in for some testing. Let's hope for a clear NED result. :rose:

The chemo is starting to win. Started losing some of my hair this weekend, which isn't fun when I already keep it short.

Have a PET scan Wednesday to see if the cancer is decreasing or not

Good luck GoAztecs

I'm sorry to have to post in this thread, but I'm up to two now so here goes..

First is 16 year old boy with leukaemia, a friend of my daughter, who is in the midst of chemo (and yes, with the hairloss too which is distressing him). So far, things are positive but at the back of my mind I have a boy the same age who used to have a Saturday job here with me who fought a brave battle but lost at 18 years old.

The second is a friend in her early 40's, a teacher with two young children, who had a fairly large area of her skin removed from her back last year due to a cancerous growth. Her father rang me this morning to say it has returned and naturally they're very worried.

GoAztecs - I happen to think bald is sexy ;)

Lally - it probably shouldn't be so, but our emotional responses are different with kids. I'm so sorry to hear you have 2 friends impacted, I am wishing the best for them.

The chemo is starting to win. Started losing some of my hair this weekend, which isn't fun when I already keep it short.

Have a PET scan Wednesday to see if the cancer is decreasing or not

Hair grows back after chemo, as I'm sure you've already heard. Please drop in after you have the results from the PET scan, as we're interested to hear.

Good luck GoAztecs

I'm sorry to have to post in this thread, but I'm up to two now so here goes..

First is 16 year old boy with leukaemia, a friend of my daughter, who is in the midst of chemo (and yes, with the hairloss too which is distressing him). So far, things are positive but at the back of my mind I have a boy the same age who used to have a Saturday job here with me who fought a brave battle but lost at 18 years old.

The second is a friend in her early 40's, a teacher with two young children, who had a fairly large area of her skin removed from her back last year due to a cancerous growth. Her father rang me this morning to say it has returned and naturally they're very worried.

Lally, leukemia can be a tough one, though chemo has become pretty darned effective on it in recent years. There's a fellow in my support group who is 18 years past his initial leukemia diagnosis. Know hope. I'm sending warm thoughts eastward for him and for your other friend. Recurrence is a scary thing. Lately I've become a big fan of online discussion groups for patients and caregivers and I recommend them to anyone who's been touched by cancer.

My friend that I had mentioned back around Apr passed away over the weekend. When she was diagnosed her lung cancer had already metastasized to her brain. She didn't want any visitors until she beat cancer. Unfortunately that never happened so I hadn't seen her since her initial diagnoses. It was what she wanted and I respect that, but I wish I could have visited her.

I miss her terribly.

My friend that I had mentioned back around Apr passed away over the weekend. When she was diagnosed her lung cancer had already metastasized to her brain. She didn't want any visitors until she beat cancer. Unfortunately that never happened so I hadn't seen her since her initial diagnoses. It was what she wanted and I respect that, but I wish I could have visited her.

I miss her terribly.

HUG. It must have been very difficult to adhere to her wishes. :rose:

I miss her terribly.

I'm so sorry to hear that :rose:

Back