Groundhog Bride

Frank sat through the Wedding meal, speeches, which were in the main quite funny. The obligatory funny story about Carl at Fresher’s Week at University, being secured to a lamppost with a roll of clingfilm, when drunk, and found in the early hours by two female Police Officers, and having to talk his way out of an arrest, was quite amusing and a story Frank didn't know about until then.

Claire started to look quite bored which was unlike her. She was usually so attentive, and although she was happy to smile dutifully, she lingered just long enough to see Carl start to do some serious drinking with his friends.
Her family is quite small, and her parents and aunts and uncles were obviously catching up, from time apart over the years, and had momentarily forgotten Claire.

Frank wanted to go over and remind Carl that it is his Wedding Night, and he would do well not to desert his Bride, but then, he figures, Carl is a grown man and should take the consequences of his actions.
Frank knows for sure, that if he were Claire, Carl would be getting both barrels in the morning!

He saw her leave to freshen up. One of the bridesmaids went to follow her to assist, Frank guessed, but Claire seemed to (judging by her body-language) say that she just wanted some air.

Frank left the room, under the premise of having to use the toilet. He saw Claire dart into the small annexe room, and waited for the coast to become clear.
He strode quickly across the corridor and tapped on the door.
“Claire-it’s Frank!” He said with his head close to the door.
“Claire!” He hissed. “Are you alright?”
 
Last edited:
Claire was stood looking out of the window when Frank knocked on the door. She didn't hear the sound at first; lost in thought she stared sightlessly across the lawns just enjoying the solitude, the brief time when she was not on show.

“Claire-it’s Frank! ... "

She sighed as she finally realised that she was no longer alone.

"Claire! Are you alright?”

At least he was concerned, she realised as she called out.

"... come in Frank ... I'm fine..."

She heard the door open, but had turned back to her silent study of the garden.

"It can't be time for the dance now. Actually I think you'll find that they'll run late. One of the plugs will blow and it will take an extra 15 minutes for them to get set up ...."

She told him, after all it would be logical to assume what had happened twice already would occur for the third time.

"Did you want something...?"

She turned and met his eyes curiously, after all this time round only her interactions with Frank which were truly 'new' to her.
 
Frank was surprised at Claire’s sullen tone, as she said, looking out over the impressively manciured garden.

"It can't be time for the dance now. Actually I think you'll find that they'll run late. One of the plugs will blow and it will take an extra 15 minutes for them to get set up ...."

Frank raised his eyebrows and replied:
“Claire – what are you talking about? No-one said anything about your first dance with Carl yet. I saw you leave, alone, and thought you might not be feeling well, that’s all.”

Frank walked over to her as she asked:"Did you want something...?"

She turned and met his eyes curiously, after all this time round only her interactions with Frank which were truly 'new' to her.

He stepped closer, and placed his hands gently upon her shoulders.
“Are you OK. I’ve never seen you like this before, do you need to lie down?”

The look of despair, no, frustration, was that what it was? – was faint, but there. Frank didn’t like how it made her look, as if she were brooding. It didn’t suit her. She was normally so cheerful.

Something about what she had just said gnawed at him.

“OK, I don’t know what game you’re playing, but I’ll humour you. If the plug blows, how do you know that? You’re speaking as if you have been here before. I know you've hardly drunk a drop - what gives?”
 
“Claire – what are you talking about? No-one said anything about your first dance with Carl yet. I saw you leave, alone, and thought you might not be feeling well, that’s all.”

Claire bit back a sigh and made no comment as Frank walked over towards her.

“Are you OK. I’ve never seen you like this before, do you need to lie down?”

His hands were on her shoulders as he guided her to turn round. His scrutiny was unnerving.

“OK, I don’t know what game you’re playing, but I’ll humour you."

His tone was unlike any she'd heard before, as if he was angry with her. Though of course she should have bitten back the plug comment that was careless of her and it seemed that Frank wasn't going to let it lie.

"If the plug blows, how do you know that? You’re speaking as if you have been here before. I know you've hardly drunk a drop - what gives?”

She pulled free of his grasp on her shoulders shaking her head.

"If I told you, you wouldn't believe me."

She murmured resolved not to even try.

"It sounds like it's YOUR who has been drinking ... 'been here before'..?"

She fronted it out forcing an incredulous laugh.

"Did you see the electric leads those guys brought with them?
It doesn't take an expert to work out that something's gonna blow ... "


She backtracked rapidly turning away from him once more and taking a seat on the sofa near the window.
 
Frank just looked across the room at Claire, partly in shock for the way she had spoken, and partly for what she had said.

Finally he asked her in exasperation - “I won’t believe…..what? What won’t I believe?”
To which he soon added:

“Claire – what……what is it? Why the bitterness? You should be happy. This should be the……”

Just then, a knock at the door interrupted him.
He crossed the room, and opened the door.

The assistant DJ stood outside, looking sheepish.

“Umm…Mrs. Allen? I’m sorry – the mains lead we plugged the amp into just died on us. We’ll need about fifteen minutes or so to get a new one. One of the guys has already gone into town. We’ll let you know when it’s fixed, OK?”
He then briskly walked away, to hide his embarrassment.

Frank was stunned into silence, for several seconds, all he could do was close the door again.

“I won’t finish that last sentence….” He said, simply.

He let that hang in the air, until he added “Okay – that’s scary. That lead failed, and you saw it coming?”

He crossed the room and rested his hands upon her arms, in what he hoped was a non-threatening manner.
“Claire – why the mood change? Is it guilt over earlier? I guess I should feel guilty, but I don’t – you know why?”

He waited for her answer, before continuing, although it was almost as if he hadn’t heard her.

“You’re the daughter I never had – and what happened before, you needed it, and I saw that. Hell, I saw to it!”

He continued – as if gripped by a sudden need to unburden his feelings.

“I will love you just as if you were my own daughter and if Carl isn’t able to make you happy, like I said before – I will be his surrogate. Just like when you were a little kid, and you had stabilisers on your bike, to stop you falling off until you could balance on your own? I will be your stabilisers, for you & Carl….but as soon as you are ready…..”

He left the rest unsaid.
He took a couple of steps away from her and sat down, as if realising how intense his diatribe had been, and held his head in his hands, running his fingers through his hair.
Had he gone too far?
Had he let his emotions get the better of him?
His passion had been one of the qualities Alicia loved about him, but Claire wasn’t Alicia….
 
“I won’t believe…..what? What won’t I believe?"

He was confused, exasperated and Claire didn't know what to reply.
She looked up as he stood over her.

" ... Claire – what……what is it? Why the bitterness? You should be happy. This should be the……”

They both turned at the knock at the door. It was Frank who opened it to admit one of the DJ team. She knew what was coming. The last two days she had been informed as she sat in the bar surrounded by friends. He seemed to have located her in here this time round.

“Umm…Mrs. Allen? I’m sorry – the mains lead we plugged the amp into just died on us. We’ll need about fifteen minutes or so to get a new one."

Her eyes flew to Frank's in panic. Shit ... this was going to be impossible to explain away.

" One of the guys has already gone into town. We’ll let you know when it’s fixed, OK?”

She nodded.

"That's fine. Things like that happen."

She told him watching him scurry away and turning her eyes to focus upon the lawns outside. She was all too aware of Frank's silence.

“I won’t finish that last sentence….”

Were his first words. In truth she had forgotten which sentence he was referring to. She dared to dart a glance across the room at him; he was clearly shaken.

“Okay – that’s scary. That lead failed, and you saw it coming?”

She did not comment; after all what could she say?
But Frank was not a man to accept mere silence. In seconds he was beside her, his hands guiding her to face him, to offer an explanation.

“Claire – why the mood change? Is it guilt over earlier?"

Bizarrely she hadn't even thought about that. She shook her head and responded honestly.

"No ... I ... no ... "

He continued as if he hadn't heard her denial.

"I guess I should feel guilty, but I don’t – you know why?”

She was amazed that he too had no feelings of guilt. Her eyes locked with his as he continued.

“You’re the daughter I never had – and what happened before, you needed it, and I saw that. Hell, I saw to it!”

Her cheeks flushed, not in embarrassment, but in memory of how hot it had been.
And they were sat a couch together now ... if he were to ...

“I will love you just as if you were my own daughter and if Carl isn’t able to make you happy, like I said before – I will be his surrogate."

She was touched by the intensity of his words.

"Just like when you were a little kid, and you had stabilisers on your bike, to stop you falling off until you could balance on your own?"

She laughed at the image, reminded, not that it were needed that he was now officially her father-in-law and of course had played a paternal role in her life ever since Carl had first brought her home.

"I will be your stabilisers, for you & Carl….but as soon as you are ready…..”

She nodded. He would step aside in favour of his son.
Why was it that somehow, even on her wedding day, the father seemed the more attractive option?

"Frank...?"

She laid a soothing hand on his arm as he ran his fingers through his hair, a sign of agitation, of frustration perhaps ... ?

"It'll turn out just fine ... "

She soothed him.

"... and I definitely need stabilisers. Even a bride can have a 'wobble' on her wedding day...?"

She coaxed.

"And having you here to ... see to me ... "

She used his own phrase, unable to hide the fact that the idea of Frank giving her " a seeing to" more than appealed.

" ... I know that I'll get through this ... "

She told him with a calm assurance that belied the quickening of her pulses.
 
Frank had wondered if he had worn his heart on his sleeve at the wrong time.
His son was very dear to him, and so was his new wife, but she was obviously feeling unsure.
Claire was beautiful, and Frank should have felt guilty, but he really didn’t.

The fact the acknowledged the fact she might ‘wobble’ on her Wedding day was not lost on Frank.
“If you wobble, Claire, I’ll stop you from falling. I’ll hold you, and …..”
Frank stopped suddenly, aware he was about to articulate what he wanted to do to her.
The touch of her hand upon his arm, both a reminder of her vulnerability but also her strength.
He was aware of her use of the phraseology.
“I’ll see to you. You can be sure of that!”

He looked her in the eye, and asked her:
“Do you think badly of me, Claire? I don’t want you to think I have let you down.”

He reached up and loosely held her hips; whilst looking into her eyes.
“I’ll chat to you later and we can decide what you want to do about Carl, if he drinks too much I’ll be disappointed if he can’t look after you. I meant what I said!”

Then he pulled her close, and kissed her, on the neck, just gently, but enough for her to know he was serious.
The time, though he held her, after the kiss….
 
Last edited:
“If you wobble, Claire, I’ll stop you from falling. I’ll hold you, and …..”

Claire was touched by his words; his offer of support and so much more.

“I’ll see to you. You can be sure of that!”

He told her his eyes locked with hers, the though of which made her cheeks pink with anticipation.

“Do you think badly of me, Claire? I don’t want you to think I have let you down.”

She shook her head a ready denial springing to her lips, but he did not give her chance to reply.

“I’ll chat to you later and we can decide what you want to do about Carl, if he drinks too much I’ll be disappointed if he can’t look after you. I meant what I said!”

She nodded. She knew that she would need him later, knew that Carl would be unable to perform his marital duties whereas Frank was available and willing.
She let him pull her into his arms, shivering when his mouth pressed soft kiss on her neck. For long moments he held her against him, his torso pressed against her own. She sighed softly feeling safe and protected. Frank made her feel special and cared for she realised and wondered why she hadn't realised that Carl didn't seem to attempt to do so as much any more ...

"How could I feel badly about you Frank?"

She asked him finally as she drew away just enough to lift her gaze to his.

"You've always looked after me ... and perhaps today I need you more than I've ever needed you ... "

She leaned forward and pressed a light kiss on his lips.

"... and I know you can take care of me in the way I need, Frank ... "

She whispered softly.
 
Frank smiled as Claire leaned into his embrace, and even more so when she said she could not think badly of him.

Her statement of "You've always looked after me ... and perhaps today I need you more than I've ever needed you ... "
surprised Frank, not in the truth it held, but rather the implication that she would need him later.
The fact that she also did not pull away, but instead, kissed him and whispered "... and I know you can take care of me in the way I need, Frank ... " moved the whole situation to another level, in his mind.

Until that moment, he had considered bedding Claire as pure fantasy. Although he had made his offer in good faith, to bolster his daughter-in-law’s opinion of his son, he suddenly felt that something in what she said had a deeper meaning.
Not wanting to press the point, he returned her kiss briefly, then slowly released her from his embrace.
“I had better go Claire.” He explained. “It would not do for us to be seen together, like this. I will catch up with you later to see how you are, OK?”

With that, he softly stroked her hair, then turned and strode to the door, opened it, and stepped through, before shutting it again and walking back into the main hall, where he approached the bar to order a drink.
 
Frank's eyes locked with Claire's, their intensity making her flush. She could not retract her words and did not want to. She was weary of the repetition and for once Claire would not waste her day by holding back or not speaking her mind, she had decided.

Her kiss was returned, albeit briefly. And then it was Frank who was the sensible party putting much needed distance between them.

“I had better go Claire. It would not do for us to be seen together, like this. "

She nodded, unable to deny the truth of his statement. There was nothing wrong with her being with her father-in-law, but in such an embrace and those less than familial kisses?

"I will catch up with you later to see how you are, OK?”

Claire nodded, her breath catching and pulses racing inexplicably as he stroked her hair. She watched as he turned and headed for the door, closing it securely behind him. Only then did she realise that she had been holding her breath and exhaled wondering what the heck was happening with her life?

As she had predicted, as she had known, the electrics were easily fixed. She made a timely exit from the side room to be met by her bridesmaids who escorted her into the room where her guests had gathered for the beginning of the dancing and merriment. Carl dutifully approached her and drew her onto the dance floor. Watched by all their friends and family he drew her into his arms as the music for their first dance started. Carl had led his bride to believe that they would dance to something modern, even upbeat. Yet unknown to Claire - at least for the first time - he had arranged for their first dance to be 'It had to be you' First Dance Song, a song he knew she would love after having teased her mercilessly ever since he had discovered her love of old fashioned musicals and 'crooners' as he termed them.

Though she had to feign surprise this time round, Claire was touched anew by her husband's thoughtfulness and had no difficulty in taking pleasure in moving into his arms, feeling him holding her as they moved as one to the slow sway of the song. He was triumphant that he had kept his choice secret and thrilled that Claire was loving their dance. For long moments, Claire was oblivious to those looking on and unaware that they were not joined on the dance floor until the song was at least half way over. She only had eyes for Carl; savouring their closeness, the one time in her wedding day that she actually felt connected to her bridegroom and that she felt that he truly only had eyes for her.

All too soon their song came to an end, the lingering kiss she shared with her husband lasted well into the transition to the upbeat modern tones taken up by the dancers around them. And then she was surrounded by her friends and well-wishers and he with his as they teased him at being an 'old romantic' and thinking he was 'Sinatra'. And before she knew it they were separated once more, he to his mates at the bar and she unable to follow him as he parents came up to her to offer tearful congratulations ...
 
Frank watched from the Bar as Claire was ushered onto the Dance Floor by her bridesmaids, who then stood to one side as a small group gushing over how beautiful she looked and how dashing Carl looked too.
He was happy to see she was genuinely surprised by Carl's choice of song for their First Dance – Frank Sinatra's 'It had to be you'.
Frank had always loved that song too, and was overjoyed to discover his soon-to-be-daughter-in-law also enjoyed listening to 'Ole Blue Eyes'. Carl had quietly scoffed at the two of them on car journeys when they had gone out for the day, where Frank felt like a bit of a gooseberry, but many of the places Carl took Claire were places he had been to with Frank before, And he didn't want his Dad to be lonely.

Frank and Claire had sung or hummed and swayed in time to the music as they drove to their destination, with Carl's mock protests ringing in their ears.

Frank was impressed. Carl had never (to his knowledge) taken dancing lessons, and from previous functions where dancing had taken place, he would have described Carl's dance-style as 'Being in a Blender', but now Carl was sweeping across the floor, with Claire swishing along beside him, her Wedding Gown skirts rustling as she moved.

They seemed to be enjoying themselves immensely, and all too soon, the dance came to its end, with Carl bending Claire over backwards, and leaning in to kiss her long & deeply, and then helping her stand upright, to the delight of the assembled audience, camera flashes popping ten to the dozen, as friends and family alike captured the tender dance for posterity. The music changed to a more modern tempo, and other dancers joined them.
As they separated, Carl bowed to his Bride, and she curtseyed in return, much to everyone's amusement.

Then Carl was buried once more in his throng of friends, and virtually carried to the bar, amidst comments of 'Never knew you had it in you, Mate!' and several allusions to being 'Like Sinatra' amongst other not quite so complimentary comments.

Claire was surrounded by her parents, who tearfully congratulated her, before leaving her to the company of her bridesmaids and other friends; who guided her to a nearby table and within seconds a vodka, or similar shot was offered to her.

Frank watched with interest as the women animatedly discussed the dance and music and their surprise, which was a marked contrast to Carl and 'the boys' who seemed to loudly celebrate their drinking prowess.

Both the boys and girls largely kept to themselves, apart from a raucous rendition of 'The Grease Megamix', which concluded in a tumultuous crescendo with hands clasped over hearts and participants on their knees, singing out of tune, for the sheer fun of it.

When the groups had withdrawn once more to their respective tables, Frank approached the group of young women, Claire included, where he asked to join them.
Claire introduced Frank to her bridesmaids, Alison, a petite and sporty looking blonde, and Petra, another tall, slim brunette, much like Claire, but nowhere near as pretty, in Frank's eyes.
Sarah, Claire's childhood friend, shook Frank's hand and remarked how it was obvious where Carl had got his looks from, much to giggles from the girls and Frank embarrassment, although he thanked her for the compliment.
After a while, Frank asked if any of 'the girls' would like a drink, to which he ended up buying several vodka shots, a gin & tonic and a Jägermeister, for Sarah.
Sarah seemed quite taken with Frank, and Frank was slightly bemused by her interest in a much older man, until Alison explained (when Sarah had excused herself for a trip to the Ladies') that Sarah had always found older men attractive, and had been teased by the others for her preferences, as she was currently single, due to her wish to date an older man.

The evening wore on with Frank excusing himself from the increasingly predatory Sarah, who, as the drink took hold became more insistent that Frank dance with her, but not in a manner to which he was accustomed.
It took Petra to offer to drive Sarah home, to release Frank from her attentions, as she was whisked away, with promises to call him, although she did not have his number.

One by one, their numbers dwindled until only a few of 'the girls' were left.

The DJ then put on another Sinatra track – 'Let's Face The Music & Dance.'
Frank grinned and holding out his hand to Claire asked her:
"May I have this dance?"
 
Last edited:
The reception continued as Claire had know it would. Her friends tried to ply her with drinks, which she refused apart from the odd glass of wine. Even though she would not have a hang over the following day, she didn't enjoy spirits, so there was no point in getting drunk. Carl she noticed had no such qualms. His group became increasingly raucous and then poured into a side room where she knew they would continue to 'indulge' so that he could barely stand, much less dance with her again.

The day was playing out with painful predictability; that was until Frank approached their table. It wasn't the fact that he came to speak to her bridesmaids, or that the girls seemed impressed by her new father-in-law, Sarah in particular, but the fact that this was new! Frank had not come over to them the previous times this day had played out and for the first time Claire could not know the course events were taking, at least as far as their group was concerned. The bride was supposed to be the centre of attention, but Claire was content to watch events play out and was even amused by Sarah's pursuit of Frank and Frank's subsequent discomfort. Now and then Claire caught his eye, a mischievous smile threatening to betray her, quickly hidden by a demure lowering of her eyes as she took a small sip of wine. Only when Frank finally made a hasty retreat when Sarah tried to drag him onto the dance floor did Claire allow her mirth to break forth. Sarah was ever persistent though and very soon it was decided that Petra would make sure she got home safely.

"You can't blame her ... he is kinda hot... "

Alison commented as the two made their noisy exit.

" ... kinda ... "

Claire commented lightly as the two dissolved into giggles as they reflected on their friend's pursuit of the father of the groom. It seemed the music was slowing and that people were drifting away. Her parents had long since retired to the lounge and she knew would be in their own room by now. Alison seemed to feel it her duty to stay with Claire until Claire told her that she too would be heading up to the room shortly .... as soon as she could retrieve Carl at least ... Believing the lie, Alison headed off leaving Claire to consider if she would in fact go in search of Carl as she had before and endure the crude comments exchanged between his drunken friends at the sight of the bride coming in search of her bride groom or if she should just head back to the room and leave him to drink himself into oblivion whilst she at least enjoyed the quiet of the room. A quick glance at her watch told her that if events played out as the previous days, Carl would only be conscious for another half hour or so.

"May I have this dance?"

The voice took her by surprise. She had not heard Frank approach, much less expected him to seek her out after the 'Sarah' thing. She smiled teasingly and seemed to look round.

"Are you sure it's me you want to dance with? I could call Sarah back if ... "

She had to laugh at the expression on his face, putting her hand in his as she did so.

"You'll have to make do with me, I guess..."

She told him playfully demure as she rose the banter dropping as she moved beside him.

"I'd love to dance with you,"

She told him softly as she accompanied Frank onto the dance floor.
 
Frank couldn’t hide his delight that Claire wanted to dance with him, as his huge grin testified.

"Are you sure it's me you want to dance with? I could call Sarah back if ... "

He marvelled at how she had to laugh at the expression on his face, putting her hand in his as she did so.

"You'll have to make do with me, I guess..."


She told him playfully demure as she rose the banter dropping as she moved beside him.

"I'd love to dance with you,"

”Make do?” Frank challenged her. “It’s your Wedding! You honour me with this dance.” He told her.

She told him softly as she accompanied Frank onto the dance floor.
As Frank led Claire out on to the Dance floor, and led her around, as they enjoyed the closeness and the music, he was reminded of Alicia once more, and how much he missed her.

Yet, he held in his arms the woman who he hoped would be the continuation of his family, and who he had grown to love as a daughter.
If only Carl could leave his friends for a few minutes and make a fuss of her, rather than drink himself into oblivion.
‘Where did I go wrong?’ Frank thought. ‘If his mother were here, he would behave differently.’
Then it struck Frank. Maybe it was because Alicia wasn’t here, that Carl was drinking heavily. Perhaps he felt the sense of loss today too, but felt unable to show it, because it was supposed to be ‘The Happiest day of Your Life’ for the Groom as well as the Bride.
Yet, Claire did not want Frank to speak to Carl, and risk embarrassing him in front of all his friends. He respected her wishes, and twirled her around some more, as the tune reached its climax, and Frank held her close, before releasing her across the floor as the tune finished and his namesake, Sinatra held the last note.

There were only a few people watching including a couple of Carl’s friends, at the bar, who seemed genuinely impressed, before returning to their corner to drink some more.

Frank escorted Claire back to her chair, before kissing her chastely on the cheek.
“Thank You, Claire. I really enjoyed that. I hope you did too”He glanced around quickly to make sure no-one else was within earshot before adding:
“And if you want a different type of dance later – I can help you out. You have my number – use it if you need me for anything!”

He alluded to their earlier conversation and encounter, where he had made his bold offer.
 
”Make do? It’s your Wedding! You honour me with this dance.”

She was laughing at his gallant compliment as she moved into his arms and found herself moving closely to music she knew they both loved. Claire found being in Frank's arms, moving with him across the floor and twirling around felt incredible. Frank was quite a mover and the two of them seemed to synchronise effortlessly. Claire only wished that the dance had not come to an end so soon.

“Thank You, Claire. I really enjoyed that. I hope you did too”

She nodded with a wistful smile as Frank pressed a light fatherly kiss to her cheek.

“And if you want a different type of dance later – I can help you out. You have my number – use it if you need me for anything!”

She flushed at his offer, her own eyes darting around the almost empty reception room. Those of the party who still remained were either too drunk or too disinterested to give them a second glance.

"I'm minus a bridegroom,"

She told him softly.

"Carl will be passed out in the bar by now,"

She told him knowing that on previous re-runs the two would have been in the bridal suite by now, with Carl unconscious on the bed.

"Much as I'd love your ... company ... perhaps you should go and see to Carl first? Find him somewhere to sleep it off?"

She suggested.

"... after all, things will all look completely different tomorrow ... "

She added with a smile. At best Frank would make sure that Carl was safe and that she had a night undisturbed by his drunken snoring, at best, perhaps she wouldn't have to spend her night entirely alone....?
 
Frank nodded in agreement.
“You’re right – I should retrieve Carl first”. He paused whilst considering his next sentence.
“I’ll see what state he’s in. If he’s up to coming to the Bridal Suite, I’ll drop him off, and leave you two to it. Otherwise, I think I might have to leave him in my room, to sleep it off, and I’ll come along and keep you company.”

He patted her softly on the arm, before taking his leave to find Carl, in the Bar.

As he feared, Carl was holding court in the Bar with Peter, his Best Man and Jason a friend from College. All three were proposing drunker toasts, to each other, and downing shots. There was quite a pile of used shot glasses, piled in the middle of the table.
Just as Frank approached, Peter nudged Carl, and Jason turned to look, a little too quickly before falling off his chair.
To his credit, Jason looked up and slurred:
“Boys, I’m drunk. I think I should go home.”
He grinned as the other two laughed at him, before staggering to his feet and lurching out of the bar, towards Reception, no doubt to summon a Taxi to deliver him home.
After a moment, Peter came to life, saying “Carl – I should go too, I’ve had too many drinks too!” He stood and patted Carl on the shoulder, before leaning down and kissing him on the top of his head.
“Well done, Mate. Claire’s a cracker…now go do….what husbands do!”
He grinned and drunkenly shook Frank’s hand whilst bidding them both goodnight before rushing unsteadily out after Peter, as if to share his Taxi.

“Come on Son,” Frank prompted Carl. “You’ve had enough. Time to go upstairs and spend the night with Claire. She’s waiting for you!”
Carl smiled dreamily and looked up at Frank.
“Thanks, Dad!” I wanna go take care of her!”
He gave a drunken leer, and tried to stand before falling onto the table, scattering glasses everywhere. Fortunately most of the guests had already departed and didn’t see this.
Frank put Carl’s left arm around his right shoulder and picked him up, to help him stand, before guiding him to the Lobby and the lifts. He helped him inside and pressed the ‘3’ button for the floor Frank’s room was on.
Frank had decided Carl was in no shape to do anything other than sleep, and as he didn’t want Claire to see him in this state, he decided to take Carl to his room, to sleep it off.

As they exited the lift and made their way to Frank’s room, bouncing off he walls as they did so, with Carl singing a raucous song, with Frank trying to keep him quiet to avoid waking the other guests, he knew he had made the right decision.
After swiping his key-card in the lock, and opening the door, he led Carl inside and sat him on the bed, whilst he shut the door.

Carl flopped backwards onto the bed, already passed out through all the drink he had consumed.
Frank shook his head sadly, and undid Carl’s shoes, and removed them along with his socks, and then gingerly undressed his son until he was just in his underwear.
Frank made him as comfortable as he could in his bed, and turned the light down, before leaving him snoring noisily. Frank had made sure to lay Carl in the recovery position, so if he was sick, at least he wouldn’t choke.

Frank then made his way upstairs to the Bridal Suite. He paused part-way along the corridor to consider if what he was thinking of doing was right, but he had promised Claire he would not leave her alone.
That aside, she was a hot young thing, and if their earlier encounter was anything to go by, she was open to Frank dropping by if Carl was incapable of satisfying her.

‘Only one way to find out!’ Frank thought to himself, as he started to walk towards the Bridal Suite. He took a deep breath, and then knocked on the door.

A few moments passed before Claire opened the door, and Frank smiled and said to her:
“Carl is too drunk to even make his way here. I have made him comfortable in my room, to sleep off all the booze.”
He paused and then added, with a smile.
“I can stay and keep you company if you like?….”
 
“You’re right – I should retrieve Carl first”.

The previous days they had retired to their room shortly before this. Claire didn’t like to think what state her new husband was in if he had continued to drink for even a bit longer than he had the previous days.

“I’ll see what state he’s in. If he’s up to coming to the Bridal Suite, I’ll drop him off, and leave you two to it.”

Claire nodded, but she knew Carl would not be in any fit state to walk or stay conscious, let along carry out his husbandly duties.

”Otherwise, I think I might have to leave him in my room, to sleep it off, and I’ll come along and keep you company.”

Frank’s offer to ‘keep her company’ could be merely that, but Claire could not pretend that she had forgotten his offer to take care of her needs. She smiled as his hand pressed her arm supportively, her response a simple ‘thank you, Frank’ before he turned to go in search of Carl. Only when he had turned into the bar area and was out of sight did Claire decide to head up to the bridal suite. The few guests who remained were too involved in drinking or dancing to notice her exit and so she easily found herself in the lift and heading up to the 5th floor to the suite at the far side of the hotel building designed to be more isolated from the other guests to ensure privacy.

Even though she had already done this twice before, she could not help but savour the sight of the room prepared as it was with the sheets on the four poster bed turned down, rose petals scattered artfully atop of the bedding; a bottle of iced champagne and crystal flutes lay in the middle of the low table which was positioned in front of the sofa; even the lighting in the room had been prepared to be rosily hued, subtle and romantic. It was perfect, would have been perfect …

The knock on the door drew her out of her reverie.
It could only be one person. She hesitated.
Did she really know what she was doing here?
True she knew that even if this were the worst mistake she could ever make she would not have to face the consequences of it the following day, but once they crossed that line, even if Frank never remembered, Claire would always know what she and her father-in-law had … ‘shared’…
But what was the alternative?
A night all alone, not even a snoring, unconscious bridegroom by her side?
Yet spending the night with her father-in-law? That was wrong on every level ...
... which was most likely why the very idea brought a flush to her cheek and set her heart racing at the thought of such a forbidden turn of events.
Whatever her decision, even trapped into repetition as she was, Claire knew that this particular slate could not be wiped totally clean the next day.

”How is Carl?”

Was the question she first asked as she opened the door to Frank. She did not think to show surprise that her new husband was not with his father. She stood at the threshold of her room, apart from her veil which had been removed after the reception, she was still in her full bridal dress only the slightest sigh betraying her feelings about Carl’s state as Frank explained just what condition his son was in and how he was sleeping it off in Frank’s room.

”So, you’ve swapped for the night?”

Her voice was demure and breathless, her eyes daring to rise to Frank’s as she tried to gauge his reaction to her words.

”Do you want to come in Frank …?”

She stepped back and opened the door wider in offering, but would he actually go through with it?
Her heart was hammering, half hoping he would come to his senses and give her a fatherly kiss before turning away and yet she knew that she truly wanted him to share her wedding night with her.
 
Frank wanted to reassure Claire that Carl was OK, and she should not worry.
He saw her gaze rise to meet his, and together with the breathlessness in her voice, he knew she was nervous.
“Yes, Claire, we’ve swapped for tonight.” He confirmed simply. “Thank you.” He replied to her invitation to enter the room.

They were both aware that they were crossing a line here, in terms of what had gone before could be described as an ‘indiscretion’.
What might follow now could never be taken back. This would be wrong on so many levels and yet felt right, in terms of what he had promised her.
He swore he would not leave her alone on her Wedding night, and now his resolve hardened. He would not leave her alone.
After a brief pause, whilst he checked to make sure they were not being observed, he stepped into the room and shut the door behind him, locking it, to ensure they would not be interrupted.

Frank then indicated the sofa, all cream ornately decorated with gold trim, and steered her towards it.

“Please sit down, Claire, can I offer you anything to eat or drink?”
Frank knew that the bill would be taken care of by Claire’s parents, and if she were hungry, Room Service would oblige. After all, it was her Wedding Night!

That thought made him pause, and as he looked into her eyes, he knew he wanted her, even if it were contrary to so many social mores.

He walked over to the bar and fixed himself a scotch & water, as he needed to calm himself. Somehow, it seemed wrong for him to avail himself of the Champagne on the table, but he indcated to Claire she should indulge if she wished.
As he poured he briefly closed his eyes and offered a silent prayer, to Alicia, to forgive him for what he was about to do, and understand why…
She was his first, and the only woman he truly loved, but Claire was special to him – like the daughter he never had.

He turned to face her, sipping from the glass in his hand and poured some Champagne for her and held it out to her, with the other, as he stepped closer.
As she looked up at him from her position on the sofa, she looked so innocent yet expectant at the same time. The Bridal gown highlighting her beauty, rather than demanding attention itself. The pure white accentuating her chestnut brown hair, creating a perfect contrast.

He sat next to her, and placed his glass upon the ornate coffee table in front of them, and turned to face her.
“Claire –“. He said, haltingly. “You don’t have to go through with this, but I swore I would not abandon you, and I am a man of my word. We can stop anytime you want to.”

He reached for her, and placed a hand behind her head, leaning closer and drawing her toward him at the same time.
Her eyes were slightly closed, and he felt a frisson of excitement as their lips touched.
He gently pecked her lips with light kisses from left to right, working his way all the way around her delicate mouth. Her slight moan encouraged him, and he ventured off to the right, and down the side of her neck, showering her with light kisses. The soft sound of lips on bare flesh could barely be heard, but he knew she could feel it.
Her scent was intoxicating, the perfume barely there, but all the more tantalising because of its scarcity.

He could also see the tiny goosebumps his breath upon her skin were making, and he stopped for a moment, before kissing gently up to her ear, before kissing her earlobe, and whispering:
“It has to be you Claire. It’s your Wedding Night. You have to make the first move. What do you want me to do?”

He leant back slightly to gaze into her face, awaiting her answer.
 
“Yes, Claire, we’ve swapped for tonight.”

Frank told her accepting her invitation to come into the Bridal Suite.
It was Frank who closed and locked the door securely behind them.

“Please sit down, Claire, can I offer you anything to eat or drink?”

She smiled at his solicitous treatment of her and allowed Frank to guide her to the sofa and asked him for a glass of the chilled champagne and refusing his offer of food. She watched him to fix himself a drink and accepted the glass from his hand. Sipping it, she blushed as he sat down beside her.

“Claire –“.

She turned her face to his, the crystal still in her grip.

“You don’t have to go through with this, but I swore I would not abandon you, and I am a man of my word.”

She was touched by his concern, but nodded and set her glass on the nearby table, nervously anticipating just what might happened between them.

”We can stop anytime you want to.”

Frank assured her as his hand extended and lightly cupped her head. Drawing her closer, he closed the gap between them, Claire leaning willingly towards him as she anticipated the kiss to come. Yet it was not the deeply passionate embrace she had assumed. His mouth grazed her quivering lips, dropping light kisses along them, that teasing taste making her groan softly in response. Unconsciously her head tipped back as the kisses trailed across her jaw and downwards to her neck; the skin was so sensitive and she closed her eyes gasping softly as Frank lavished that slow attention upon her quivering flesh.

“It has to be you Claire. It’s your Wedding Night.
You have to make the first move. What do you want me to do?”


He whispered as his mouth went to her ear, drawing a soft exclamation from his daughter-in-law. His lips toyed with her earlobe, such a seemingly inconsequential act sending a bolt of heat through her. And yet he drew back, waiting, expectant. Claire flushed hotly and took a steadying breath. Her reaction disproportionate to the actions Frank had taken thus far. She could hardly imagine how she would fare should they continue in this way …

”I want …”

Her words were halting as their eyes locked, the intensity in his stunning her.

”I’m a bride … in need of a husband to give myself to …”

The words somehow formed themselves independent of rational thought.

” … I need to be wanted … to be claimed … tonight ... can you be that husband for me Frank?
... Give me the wedding night I always dreamed of … ?”
 
Last edited:
Frank could understand the hesitation as Claire spoke.
This would not have been a situation she had ever prepared for.

As he held her gaze, he felt her resolve. She had made her choice.

”I’m a bride … in need of a husband to give myself to …”

” … I need to be wanted … to be claimed … tonight ... can you be that husband for me Frank?
... Give me the wedding night I always dreamed of … ?”
She said.
How could he refuse?

Frank felt himself harden at her words. She had voiced what he hoped to hear.

“Claire – you are so beautiful. Stand and let me see you in that Wedding Gown. I want to drink in the sight of you.”

He paused as he sipped his scotch, waiting for her to stand.

“I want to make you feel like a Queen tonight, Darling Claire. I want to pleasure you in ways that I hope you have not yet discovered. I want to leave every inch of you loved and tingling with ecstasy.”

He took another sip, waiting to see what she would do.

“I want you to enjoy every second of it!”
 
Last edited:
Claire had no idea what Frank's reaction to her words might be. He had asked her to make the first move and she had asked him to be her 'husband', to claim a husband's rights over his bride.

“Claire – you are so beautiful. Stand and let me see you in that Wedding Gown. I want to drink in the sight of you.”

Blushing she set her drink aside and rose to stand by the couch. Her veil had been long since removed, but the pure white gown still clung to her body, the effect demure, yet hinting at the shapely slender beneath.

“I want to make you feel like a Queen tonight, Darling Claire.
I want to pleasure you in ways that I hope you have not yet discovered.
I want to leave every inch of you loved and tingling with ecstasy.”


His declaration was heartfelt. She wanted all that and more. The prospect of new discoveries as she put herself in Frank's hands made her flush hotly.

“I want you to enjoy every second of it!”

She smiled at his words.

"I know I will with you."

She told him.

"I want to discover so many things with you Frank..."

She told him softly as she walked towards him and lowered herself to sit on his lap.

" From now on this is OUR wedding night and I am YOUR bride. "

She told him steadily as she held his eyes.

"I belong to you ... "

She wanted to make it clear that she was his ... his for the taking ...
 
Frank felt his heart swell with pride (as well as his cock) when Claire said "I know I will with you." when she was referring to her enjoying her time with him.

He had expected to take the lead, as the more experienced lover, and so was not surprised when she told him "I want to discover so many things with you Frank..."

He was thrilled, when she walked over and demurely sat on his lap, and declared
" From now on this is OUR wedding night and I am YOUR bride. " followed by "I belong to you ... "

Frank was sure she must be able to feel his cock rising in his trousers.
He put his arms around her waist and pulled her into him for a kiss, his mouth seeking hers, as one of his hands rose to the back of her head, holding her in position, as his tongue delved into her mouth, between her slightly parted lips.
She tasted slightly sweet, the champagne’s aroma still on her tongue.

He reluctantly broke the kiss to assure her:
"Tonight, Dear Claire - I will make you mine!"

Then he kissed her again, his kiss became more ardent, as he felt the passion rising within him.
He moved his hand from the back of her head to her breast, and caressed her through her wedding dress, the flower-embellished filmy white material and her bra beneath, the only barrier to his roaming fingers seeking her flesh.

He remembered back to earlier in the afternoon, when he had used his fingers to bring her off, and was tempted to try that again, but he felt she would need more, and he wanted more!

He teased her growing nipples, atop her modest breasts. Although Alicia had been slightly larger ‘up-top’ he found Claire, just as - if not more alluring. Perhaps it was the glow of her Wedding Day, but Frank found her irresistible!
He wanted her to moan, to moan his name.

He slowly, gently pulled the front of her Wedding gown down, and the bodice hung there, and allowed his hands to caress her breasts.
She felt fantastic, her skin soft, but taut in that way that youthful skin has. He pressed lightly with his fingertips and marvelled at how quickly the surface regained its shape, as he stroked and lightly pinched her.

He reached for his scotch and sipping some, but not swallowing it, he allowed a little of the liquid to sit on his tongue, as he bowed his head and flicked his tongue across her left nipple. He did the same thing again, knowing that the amber liquid would cause the sensitive flesh to tingle slightly, as he bathed it with his tongue. Once the taut bud was fully erect, he switched his attention to the other nipple, repeating the action several times, whilst caressing the first with his other hand.

After a while, he looked up and kissed her again, enjoying her slightly glazed look, the pleasure evident on her face.
He gently lifted Claire off his lap, and stood her on her own two feet once more.

“I think, Darling, it is time for you to tease me a little. After all, we have all night, and I want to take my time to 'see to you' properly."

His turn of phrase was deliberate, as he had noted her reaction to its use earlier, and wanted to use every means at his disposal to make her Wedding Night as wondrous as possible.

He had a sudden thought and asked her:
“What do you say –we get some treats from Room Service, and have some real fun, later? I’m thinking Crème de Menthe, Ice Cream, whipped cream, chocolate sauce and anything else you fancy?”

He had a wicked look in his eye, the mischief of his youth having returned for tonight, at least.
 
If she was to spend her wedding night with Frank, Claire wanted it to be something that was just theirs to share; a one-time experience, which only she knew would never be repeated, would have no consequences for them and of which only she would have the memory. But for Frank, this was a decision that as far as he knew, would have consequences that would carry forward into her marriage ... and yet ... he accepted her offer, took her into his arms and kissed her, accepted to take her as if she were indeed HIS bride.

"Tonight, Dear Claire - I will make you mine!"

Those words sent a jolt of arousal through her. The kiss when his lips captured hers again pressed passionately, even demandingly. His hand which had captured her head moved to her breast drawing a gasp from her as it moved above the pristine white lace of her wedding dress, her nipples hardening in response and providing a more focused target for his skilled teasing.

"Ohh.... God.... "

Claire gasped as Frank somehow moved the fabric of her bodice, allowing her breasts to spill free, exposed fully to his touch. It was as if he could not get enough of the feel of her; his hands pressing and stroking until his fingers pinched her hardened tips drawing low moans from her in response. She watched dazed as he took his scotch and bathed each nipple with the fiery liquid causing a reaction she had never suspected possible.

"Uhhnnn... Frank .... "

She moaned his name knowing she was truly in the hands of an expert as he teased her to ever greater heights of arousal ... and that was only her breasts ... dear God ... what WAS she in for if this prelude were anything to go by!?!
Unsteadily she allowed him to ease her to her feet. Her pulses were hammering at such a rate, she was sure he must be able to hear.

“I think, Darling, it is time for you to tease me a little.
After all, we have all night, and I want to take my time to 'see to you' properly."


A soft moan escaped her at the idea of him 'seeing to '. Her wide eyes locked on Frank's. Anticipation and nervousness vying for prominence, but above all else, Claire just knew that giving herself to her father-in-law was going to be the most incredible experience of her life ...

“What do you say –we get some treats from Room Service, and have some real fun, later? I’m thinking Crème de Menthe, Ice Cream, whipped cream, chocolate sauce and anything else you fancy?”

She chuckled at the look he gave her.

"I think ... that's a very good idea ... whatever you have an appetite for Frank."

She told him, her voice already breathless as she stood with breasts wantonly spilling out of her bodice.

"As you say ... we have all night ... all night for you to do whatever you want to me ... "

She offered softly, so aroused already that she craved his touch, ached to submit to any demands he would make of her ...
 
Frank grinned at Claire's eagerness.
He picked up the bedside phone and called Room Service.
"Hello - yes this is Mr. Allen, in the Bridal Suite. Could you send up some Crème de Menthe, Ice Cream, whipped cream, and chocolate sauce, in about an hour, please? Thank you!"

He smiled across the room at Claire, as he hung up, and strode over to her, feeling younger than he had in years.

She looked delicious, sat there in her Wedding Gown, with her bodice hanging down, and a look of awe & wonder on her face.
"Just see what I have in store for you, Claire!" He told her. "I know you'll love it!"

He stood before her and bent down to kiss her, caressing her hard nipples as he did so.

Frank paused, and smiled, as an idea occurred to him.

“Darling Claire – should I go and run you a hot bath? Would you like a glass of champagne whilst you soak in the bubbles?”


He wasn’t getting cold feet, Oh no!
But he wanted her first night as a married woman to be……perfect.

He would need time to prepare the room suitably, and he wanted to pamper, spoil and ravish her as much as possible.
 
Last edited:
Claire watched as Frank picked up the phone and dialled room service.

"Hello - yes this is Mr. Allen, in the Bridal Suite."

She flushed. He was Mr Allen, but not Mr CARL Allen, this was Mr FRANK Allen and her father-in-law! And he did not seem at all concerned about placing his order for delivery to the bridal suite. As she listened to him listing Crème de Menthe, Ice Cream, whipped cream, and chocolate sauce, she could only imagine what it was he might do with all that!

His smile as he turned caught Claire by surprise. He was so confident, so determined. She had never seen that side of him and it made her blush self consciously as if she truly were a shy bride ...

"Just see what I have in store for you, Claire! I know you'll love it!"

Her body heated at the prospect.

"I'm sure I will, Frank ... "

She managed a breathless reply before he kissed her, his mouth demanding, his hands moving to her breasts drawing a gasp of surprise from her as his fingers toyed and teased her now rock hard nipples. Her reaction to his touch so much more intense than she could ever have imagined.

“Darling Claire – should I go and run you a hot bath?
Would you like a glass of champagne whilst you soak in the bubbles?”


He had drawn away from her and whilst she was left there aching and almost panting, he seemed so cool and in control ...

" ...a bath ... sure ... "

She responded uncertainly ... watching as he moved away from her and into the bathroom beyond. Dazedly she sank to perch on the arm of the sofa. She was only just beginning to realise that Frank was ... unpredictable. With Carl, it wasn't that they had become 'routine', but she knew his triggers, he knew hers and at times their love life felt a bit like painting by numbers ... they knew what made the big picture and just varied the order with which they completed it. They had become familiar and a splash of colour in the carefully contructed landscape was no longer an option.

"Frank ... "

She realised that he had returned to the bridal room and blinked wondering if she had missed something he had said or ...

"I'll get my things and head into the bathroom.... "

She told him with a hot blush. Her breasts were still spilling over her bodice and she lowered her hands to ease them back into place. She had better get her coat hanger and the protective cover for of course preserving one's wedding dress was a tradition ..
 
In that moment, Frank’s intentions of allowing her time to adjust to marriage before he ‘took’ her, just vanished.
With her hands hovering over her breasts still free of their bodice, His resolve crumbled, Instantly.

She looked so…..sexy.
That word is often over-used and in this case seemed inadequate, but the sight of her - stirred his loins again, and this time they would not be denied.

In three quick strides he was across the room and upon her.
He stepped in behind her, and wrapped his arms around her, his voice gruff, and filled with need.
“I want you Claire – right now – your bath will wait!"

He kissed her neck and waited for her to return his kiss, for him to know it’s what she wanted too.
He then pushed her down, quite roughly, onto the bed, face first, and lifted the skirts of her Wedding Gown, exposing the smooth white stockings below, framing her thighs and the white silk panties covering her tight, smooth ass. He ran his fingertips over them, feeling the heat radiate through them, from her skin.
Then, Frank was a flurry of action. He had stripped out of his trousers and sports underwear in seconds, and was pleased to see his cock standing as proud as it ever had for Alicia.
“Mrs Allen – do you want this as much as I do?” He growled, the lust in his voice plain.
He briskly, and whilst trying to be careful, slid her panties down her legs and off, so they weren’t ruined, and also so he had access to her sweet, young pussy.

HE could see she had turned her head to one side, so she could breathe, and he knelt on the bed, feeling it shift under his weight, and slid a finger along her slit, feeling it moist already.
He slipped his fingertip inside and teased her clit to hardness, before shuffling forward and lining his cock up with her entrance.
“Oh, Darling Claire!”
He gasped as he slid into her, and he lay there impaling her upon him for a few seconds, allowing her to adjust to the sensation, before starting a slow, rhythm, pulling almost all the way out before burying himself fully on the next stroke. His pace was measured, deliberate, and as patient as he could be, with this young vixen pinned under him.
“I have thought of this all day!”
He whispered in her ear between thrusts, as he took a deep breath and started to speed up.
 
Back
Top