I, the good little witch, do hereby...

glynndah

good little witch.
do hereby bocineabh my i< ckei bo un^ouo wijo can open i On

Hm... That was supposed to be "do hereby bequeath my locker to anyone who can open it". Copy and paste is not all it's cracked up to be.

A friend posted our ninth grade wills on Facebook. I don't remember writing a will, but I do remember that locker. I still have dreams about it. Bad, bad dreams.

A :kiss: from the good little witch.

That's not much of a bequeathal, since that has been the fate of every high school locker since the days of Aristotle and the Lyceum.

That's not much of a bequeathal, since that has been the fate of every high school locker since the days of Aristotle and the Lyceum.

Yeah. And I wasn't even the only one who bequeathed a locker. I feel so derivative.

Hm. I think that's how I feel.

*Off to look up "derivative".*

Yeah. And I wasn't even the only one who bequeathed a locker. I feel so derivative.

derivative -- n. The instantaneous rate of change of the vertical axis with respect to the horizontal axis of a continuous, real function at a specified point in the function's domain.

derivative -- n. The instantaneous rate of change of the vertical axis with respect to the horizontal axis of a continuous, real function at a specified point in the function's domain.

No, that's not quite it.

With a 50th high school reunion coming up next year, I really should go by and check on my locker.

My ninth grade lock is no longer with us. In fact, the whole school is no longer with us. It is now a shopping mall, which is probably for the best. Sixty to seventy percent of the students that graduated with me from there are either still in jail or dead. Kind of a rough neighborhood back then.

Sticky locker doors were good preparation for jail I guess. :cool:

do hereby bocineabh my i< ckei bo un^ouo wijo can open i On

Hm... That was supposed to be "do hereby bequeath my locker to anyone who can open it". Copy and paste is not all it's cracked up to be.

A friend posted our ninth grade wills on Facebook. I don't remember writing a will, but I do remember that locker. I still have dreams about it. Bad, bad dreams.

A :kiss: from the good little witch.

Bit of a security problem there, then ?

derivative
1 Having the effect of transferring or conveying. Chiefly Med., having the power to draw off fluid from a diseased part of the body.
2 Derived or obtained from another; coming from
a source; not original.
b Formed or originating from another word, base, or root.

Law. Secondary, subordinate.
Geol. Derived from older rocks; (of a fossil) occurring at a site other than the one where it was formed. L19.

B n. 1 A word derived from another word, base, or root by a process of word-formation; a word which is not a root.
2 gen. Something derived; a thing flowing, proceeding, or originating from another.
3 Math. An expression (obtained by differentiation of a function) which represents the instantaneous rate of change of the function with respect to an independent variable.
4 Chem. A compound obtained from another by substitution or other simple process.
5 Med. A method or agent that produces derivation (DERIVATION

---------------------------------------------------------
Excerpted from Oxford Talking Dictionary
Copyright © 1998 The Learning Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Hope this helps!

My first school still exists. When I was there we had a parade of Nations for Commonwealth Day (even though some older teachers still called it Empire Day). I was supposed to represent Southern USA - made up as a C**n (politically incorrect name) in black face.

Now, if the school wanted a similar event they could probably produce more nationalities from their pupils.

My second school closed in 1960 but I am still in contact with a brother and sister who were there with me.

My third school has changed. It was a stately home that had been taken over by the Royal Navy in 1939. When I went it was a boarding school for boys whose parents were abroad, usually diplomats and military officers. In the 1960s it changed to a boarding school for children from troubled homes. Some of those children became significant for achievements in music and the arts. It closed for some years and is now a fee-paying school for girls only.

My fourth school left the site I had known in the 1970s. The old building is an adult education and community centre. The new school has a different name and is now semi-co-educational, working with the girls school that used to be half a mile away on the old site, and is now next door. The Old Boys Rugby team still keeps the original name even though all the current players never went to the old building.

My fifth school still stands and thrives, maintaining its academic and sporting prowess.

I didn't have 'my' locker at any of them. At best I had 'my' desk.

Last edited:
The junior high is still there. It was "new" {just a few years old} when I attended. It's still there, but the gravestones and, I presume, the graves under them, were moved a few years ago when an addition was built.

The junior high is still there. It was "new" {just a few years old} when I attended. It's still there, but the gravestones and, I presume, the graves under them, were moved a few years ago when an addition was built.

An Indian burial ground? :eek:

Yeah, I know that Indians didn't use headstones but...

I had to make the plot more exciting somehow. :cool:

An Indian burial ground? :eek:

Yeah, I know that Indians didn't use headstones but...

I had to make the plot more exciting somehow. :cool:
No. As I recall, though, there is a murder involved and eerie happenings around the headstone.

Well, "was" since they're all gone now.

Hey glynndah

Hey glynndah,

This is getting away from the thread, but would you happen to be Wiccan? :)

Okay, did you warn those who might be tempted to try to open the locker about the avalanche of books, candy bars, papers, chewing gum etc. that would be likely to cascade out of said locker? Behind this simple little jest, there might lurk an evil plot! (Me paranoid? I'M NOT PARANOID! It's just that all of these people are against me.)

Back