My Favorite Quotes

re

Some people have such a talent for making the best of a bad situation that they go around creating bad situations so they can make the best of them.

Jean Kerr
 
-The worst things you can do for the people you love are the things that they can do for themselves.

-Your body hears everything you mind says.

-Be what you are. This is the first step to becoming better than you are.
 
00000mattermind.jpg
 
Begin with the end in mind. If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there....
 
"Think of what a better world it would be if we all - the whole world had cookies and milk about 3 o'clock every afternoon and then lay down with our blankets for a nap. Or if we had a basic policy in our nation and other nations to always put things back where we found them and cleaned up our own messes. And it is still true, no matter how old you are, when you go out into the world, it is best to hold hands and stick together."

- Robert Fulgham "All I Ever Really Needed to Know
I Learned in Kindergarten"
 
re

-I believe a man does what he can until his destiny is revealed to him
The Last Samurai

-Change your opinions, keep to your principles; change your leaves, keep intact your roots
Victor Hugo

-Some people will lay next to anybody and they don't matter; I search for someone to lay next to and have nothing else matter
 
My eyes are dim with childish tears, My heart is idly stirred, For the same sound is in my ears Which in those days I heard.

What's the business, That such a hideous trumpet calls to parley The sleepers of the house? Speak, speak!
 
re

-I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief
Gerry Spence

- Faith is to believe what you do not yet see; the reward for this faith is to see what you believe
Saint Augustine
 
We have just enough religion to make us hate, but not enough to make us love one another.
 
Oh, sweet sorrow, the time you borrow, will you be here when I wake up tomorrow?
 
Music was my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the notes and curl my back to loneliness.
 
re

-Find peace with yourself by accepting not only what you are, but what you are never going to be

- Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid that it will never begin
Grace Hansen

- Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the arc; professionals built the Titanic
 

Impossible is nothing.

Hold faithfulness and sincerity as first principles.

Know that you are here not by mistake, not by an accident of time, but because you were desired to be here, and so you are.

If you cannot mould yourself entirely as you would wish, how can you expect other people to be entirely to your liking?

You can never do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.

For all that has been, thanks. For all that will be, yes.

Assume a virtue, if you have it not.
 
re

- Nothing is easy to the unwilling
Thomas Fuller

- There are two primary choices in life: To accept conditions as they exist or accept the responsibility for changing them.
Dr. Denis Waitley

- You can't have a better tomorrow if you are thinking about yesterday all the time
Charles F. Kettering
 
Worry about your character moreso than your reputation. Your character is who you are, your reputation is what others think of you.
 
yogiforlife said:
-The worst things you can do for the people you love are the things that they can do for themselves.


You cannot help someone by doing something for them that they should rightfully be doing for themselves.

Abraham Lincoln.


You cannot help the small man by tearing down the big man

Abraham Lincoln.
 
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral. ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
 
re

- Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.
William Jennings Bryan

- A man never stands as tall as when he kneels to help a child
Knights of Pythagoras

- You can tell more about a person by what they say about others than you can by what others say about them.
Leo Aikman
 
Selfless giving brings the blessings of joy; Shifting one's perspective brings the wisdom of inner freedom.
 
Back
Top