How Global Warming Really Works

No it isn't. They are simply scales to place your measurement on. Any Fahrenheit measurement can be converted to Celsius and vice versa. The limitation is accuracy of the instrument itself not whether the instrument is graduated in Celsius or Fahrenheit. Most offer both readings.

It's an easy mistake to make if your scientific knowledge base is insufficient to pass a 7th grade science quiz.
So do you have a problem with this? If they're equally accurate, it doesn't matter, right?
Temperatures, in the USA, are reported and recorded in whole degrees Fahrenheit. (Don’t ask why we don’t use the scientific standard. I don’t know). These whole Fahrenheit degree records are then machine converted into Celsius (centigrade) degrees to one decimal place, such as 15.6 °C.

So do you have a problem with this? If they're equally accurate, it doesn't matter, right?

We can't even have this conversation because you still don't understand what significant figures are.

The answer to your question is no it does not change the accuracy of the actual reading. The reading is as accurate as it is. And to know what that accuracy is you have to know where your dad is coming from and how it was read, on what instrument.

It's entirely possible that people that do not understand the importance of that such as yourself and don't understand what significant figures are they could easily think that the reading is more precise than it actually is.

We can't even have this conversation because you still don't understand what significant figures are.

The answer to your question is no it does not change the accuracy of the actual reading. The reading is as accurate as it is. And to know what that accuracy is you have to know where your dad is coming from and how it was read, on what instrument.

It's entirely possible that people that do not understand the importance of that such as yourself and don't understand what significant figures are they could easily think that the reading is more precise than it actually is.

I've read enough of your posts to know that you don't understand significant figures. :rolleyes:

I've read enough of your posts to know that you don't understand significant figures. :rolleyes:

You've read every post I have ever written. Including all of the posts from before we ever cross paths.

Now that you read Watt and me- we are both wrong you can't explain why either of us is wrong, or even what it is we are wrong about. Got it.

Are you feeling okay? Is everything okay at home between you and the refrigerator? You seem a little down and lethargic. Normally, by now, you would have Googled for something to plagiarize and pass off as your own in order to save face.

You've read every post I have ever written. Including all of the posts from before we ever cross paths.

Now that you read Watt and me- we are both wrong you can't explain why either of us is wrong, or even what it is we are wrong about. Got it.

Are you feeling okay? Is everything okay at home between you and the refrigerator? You seem a little down and lethargic. Normally, by now, you would have Googled for something to plagiarize and pass off as your own in order to save face.

I'm busy, Queef. Maybe I'll play later.

Did you forget you are leaning this one Luk, with Orfeo's vocabulary?

You are far too undiscipled for these games you attempt.

And you are far too insistent that there is a game being played in the first place. :rolleyes:

Go outside and get some air.

And you are far too insistent that there is a game being played in the first place. :rolleyes:

Go outside and get some air.

There's no one on the board who's been here for more than a day and a half that's not well aware of the obvious interconnected army of sock puppets. The only dispute is is the paterfamilias. You say it's me despite all evidence to the contrary and despite the fact that they're working against my interest I say it's you because they're all working in tandem with you for your interest.

Well that and the occasional time when you screw up and out yourself. I have to say though that you're better at bluster than anyone I've ever seen you usually spend your way out, or have the smarts to just quietly slink away until the thread is forgotten.

So in the example given, Fahrenheit is converted to Celsius, and 60 Fahrenheit becomes 15.6 Celsius. Do you think it gained a significant figure in the process?

There are nine degree Fahrenheit for every five degrees Celsius. It's a finer scale and therefore more accurate in whatever range of significant figures you want to use.

So in the example given, Fahrenheit is converted to Celsius, and 60 Fahrenheit becomes 15.6 Celsius. Do you think it gained a significant figure in the process?

There are nine degree Fahrenheit for every five degrees Celsius. It's a finer scale and therefore more accurate in whatever range of significant figures you want to use.

Wrong. You can graduate Fahrenheit or Celsius by degrees or tenth of a degree hundredths of a degree as needed.

It's still a thermometer and subject to how accurate that particular thermometer is. It's a function of how far away it is from oiling or freezing not a function of what you call how far away it is.

I don't know how pollution affects global warming or even if it does.

Today I gave up using facial tissue and reverted to handkerchiefs.

Wrong. You can graduate Fahrenheit or Celsius by degrees or tenth of a degree hundredths of a degree as needed.

It's still a thermometer and subject to how accurate that particular thermometer is. It's a function of how far away it is from oiling or freezing not a function of what you call how far away it is.
You didn't answer my question. Are you still looking up what significant figures are?

No it isn't. They are simply scales to place your measurement on. Any Fahrenheit measurement can be converted to Celsius and vice versa. The limitation is accuracy of the instrument itself not whether the instrument is graduated in Celsius or Fahrenheit. Most offer both readings.

It's an easy mistake to make if your scientific knowledge base is insufficient to pass a 7th grade science quiz.

If you tell him that a series of measurements can be accurate but imprecise, or precise but inaccurate, we may be here all week with the rocks rattling around in his head at such a concept! Opens up a whole new field... troll science!

5cLLM5M.jpg

Last edited:
You didn't answer my question. Are you still looking up what significant figures are?

As I said, we can't have this conversation because all you know about significant figures is what you Googled and you don't understand the concept.

the actual degree of accuracy is the actual degree of accuracy it doesn't matter if you are notating this in Fahrenheit, Celsius or pebbles that you align in rows. significant figures is going to come into play if and only if you're then collating that data and trying to decide what it means.

In you like the idiot you are look at that converted amount and see a decimal point and just decide that suddenly you have a greater degree of accuracy in the con erted centegrade row of results than of the fahrenheit row of numbers without a decimal point then you're going to get what you get when you have non mathematicians doing so-called climate science.

You do realize that if all of your initial results were in Fahrenheit and you converted them all to Celsius they would all have that particular configuration?. And you would still round or not round depending upon what is the accuracy of the least accurate bits of data that you have. A concept you still don't get.

This is honestly as bad as your suggestion of why can't we just outlaw or regulate triggers.

One doesn't simply choose a "range" (wtf?) Of sig figs. Significant figures are dictated by your ability to accurately measure and compare things. You cannot have a result that implies more accuracy than the accuracy of the least precise datapoint which is simply a function of the confidence you have in tbe degree of precision which is solely determined by your capability to measure a thing to the indicated degree (no pun intended) of precision.

and with an entire day to think about it plus all of that voice-to-text garble above Shirley Rob can come back and find something sciency to nitpick about what I just said.

As I said, we can't have this conversation because all you know about significant figures is what you Googled and you don't understand the concept.

the actual degree of accuracy is the actual degree of accuracy it doesn't matter if you are notating this in Fahrenheit, Celsius or pebbles that you align in rows. significant figures is going to come into play if and only if you're then collating that data and trying to decide what it means.

In you like the idiot you are look at that converted amount and see a decimal point and just decide that suddenly you have a greater degree of accuracy in the con erted centegrade row of results than of the fahrenheit row of numbers without a decimal point then you're going to get what you get when you have non mathematicians doing so-called climate science.

You do realize that if all of your initial results were in Fahrenheit and you converted them all to Celsius they would all have that particular configuration?. And you would still round or not round depending upon what is the accuracy of the least accurate bits of data that you have. A concept you still don't get.

The same thermometer can have Celsius on one side and Fahrenheit on the other, and if it can’t measure accurately or precisely, the scale used won’t improve your data. But it’ll probably find a Global Warmer that loves it because, although both scales could be inaccurate by 20%, the precision with which it records these inaccurate readings is absolutely stunning!

Last edited:
The same thermometer can have Celsius on one side and Fahrenheit on the other, and if it can’t measure accurately or precisely, the scale used won’t improve your data. But it’ll probably find a Global Warmer that loves it!

Yes I mentioned previously that most of them actually measure in both scales.

Worldwide Celsius is much more common so most science stations are going to be in Celsius in fact even in u.s. scientific endeavors Celsius is probably used much more often. Does he really think that they're using a less accurate reading, if a very precise measuring instrument happens to be calibrated in Celsius?

Let's say you have a really long, skinny thermometer full of mercury and you've got it marked off in tenths of a degree celsius. The fahrenheit lines are closer together so you're more likely to have them in quarter and half of a degree. It's still the same exact amount of mercury that you're trying to accurately ascertain.

Measuring cups marked in cups and liters don't become more or less accurate as you eyeball it to this set of lines or that. The eyeball is the limiting factor. In a graduated cylinder the limiting factor is how skinny is that cylinder, not how the markings on it are arranged.

I wonder where he falls on the idea of using the Kelvin scale?

Yes I mentioned previously that most of them actually measure in both scales.

Worldwide Celsius is much more common so most science stations are going to be in Celsius in fact even in u.s. scientific endeavors Celsius is probably used much more often. Does he really think that they're using a less accurate reading, if a very precise measuring instrument happens to be calibrated in Celsius?

Let's say you have a really long, skinny thermometer full of mercury and you've got it marked off in tenths of a degree celsius. The fahrenheit lines are closer together so you're more likely to have them in quarter and half of a degree. It's still the same exact amount of mercury that you're trying to accurately ascertain.

Measuring cups marked in cups and liters don't become more or less accurate as you eyeball it to this set of lines or that. The eyeball is the limiting factor. In a graduated cylinder the limiting factor is how skinny is that cylinder, not how the markings on it are arranged.

I wonder where he falls on the idea of using the Kelvin scale?

I’m convinced we’d find him at absolute zero, no matter the scale we evaluated him on!

I vaguely remember the number -273 but I couldn't remember its significance and so I looked up absolute zero to remind myself that it happens at negative 273 degrees celsius.

Google helpfully provided this:

At the physically impossible-to-reach temperature of zero kelvin, or minus 459.67 degrees Fahrenheit (minus 273.15 degrees Celsius), atoms would stop moving. As such, nothing can be colder than absolute zero on the Kelvin scale.

Immediately after that statement was this link:

Atoms Reach Record Temperature, Colder than Absolute Zero - Live Science
https://www​.livescience.com/25959-atom...

I'm pretty sure that God or Google is fucking with us.

The same thermometer can have Celsius on one side and Fahrenheit on the other, and if it can’t measure accurately or precisely, the scale used won’t improve your data. But it’ll probably find a Global Warmer that loves it because, although both scales could be inaccurate by 20%, the precision with which it records these inaccurate readings is absolutely stunning!
You are aware, I hope, that meteorologists know how to calibrate a thermometer before they take readings from it, right? And that global temperature data are collected from more than one thermometer?

I know you want to believe that thousands of scientists around the world are all fudging figures and ignoring uncertainties and resolution limits in order to get more funding for themselves. In the real world, anyone caught doing that only gets a short career.

Maybe we could solve global warming by simply using the Rankine scale.

Affer all, 0° would be ever so much colder.

You are aware, I hope, that meteorologists know how to calibrate a thermometer before they take readings from it, right? And that global temperature data are collected from more than one thermometer?

I know you want to believe that thousands of scientists around the world are all fudging figures and ignoring uncertainties and resolution limits in order to get more funding for themselves. In the real world, anyone caught doing that only gets a short career.

What the fuck do you know about the field of meteorology?

When will you tell us which Science you have your degree in?

The fudging comes from "corrections" made by different groups, but when you take out the corrections, as we have shown you in the past you fucking religious moron, then they closely mirror the unaltered and uncorrected satellite data. You are an embarrassment to your movement.

Back