Sailer's Cove

Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost 8am here and the need to get on the road to the office - you obviously watch more Corrie than me :)
Been watching it forever. Lost it a bit after hs then they started showing epsidoes from the week on Sunday morning so I got caught up again. A few years ago they switched to 7:30pm instead of 3:30pm so now getting an even bigger audience and I try to catch those. I can catch the epsidoes on Sunday if I miss during the week.
 
Hehe - I remember as a schoolkid how we would stand back and let the 'normal' passengers on the bus first before starting the scrum to squeeze through. That said, we Brits do like a queue.
Most common wealth countries have queues. I say most lol. HK not so much.
 
:eek: Can't be doing with over crowding .... takes ages to get served at the bar - I'll stick to the Cove
There are alot of bars but you have to watch for the "hostess" as they get you to buy over priced water down drinks for them lol. That was back in the days of the 70's. Lots of GI's with money fresh from Saigon for a bit of R&R.
 
There are alot of bars but you have to watch for the "hostess" as they get you to buy over priced water down drinks for them lol. That was back in the days of the 70's. Lots of GI's with money fresh from Saigon for a bit of R&R.

I think those sort of dodgy establishments exist in many big cities! Used to be a problem in London but hear less horror stories now
 
I think those sort of dodgy establishments exist in many big cities! Used to be a problem in London but hear less horror stories now
HK also has or had interesting street life in the evening. Street markets selling everything including food cooked in front of you and some was snakes. My mom thought that was pretty disgusting but I thought it was interesting. We had a guy my dad knew from Vancouver give us the tour as he was from HK. He then took us to a place for won ton. My mom wouldn't eat but the rest of us did. We also went out for drinks from some expat UK'ers. He was a HK policeman as they liked hiring British trained officers.
 
If deserved ;)

And when have I ever not deserved....ummm...wait. Did I just say that out loud? :D

Good morning, cove dwellers. I hope everyone is having a lovely day. I think I'm going to curl up on my deck chair with my book and enjoy the sunshine. *settles in and slips on my sunglasses* Perfect. Hmmm...this may call for an umbrella drink later....
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top