Hello from London!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you? In that case I’ll continue :D

Newspaper of choice? You can tell a lot about a person by their newspaper...

im such a sucker for a good accent.

im just wondering more about this office who has sexiest voice contests ;)

The FT and the Economist

I sometimes read the FT at the hotel breakfast room when I try to pretend I’m clever - I turn the pages with a flourish which amuses me and only me... I like the Christmas bumper edition of the Economist but mostly I read the metro because it’s free :rolleyes: or at the weekend it tends to be the guardian/ observer (although I have no loyalty if the other papers look more interesting). I do very occasionally buy a weekend FT if I want to fantasise about how the 1% live with the ‘how to spend it’ features...

But I grew up with the red tops... proper working class papers ;)

Which bit of the ft do you go to first?

The economist is good but ft is so fucking dull. That’s why it’s free in hotels.

Yes, I think the weekend FT is the best of the weekend papers. But it's mostly LRB and Prospect for me. The Economist lives down to its name too much for me.

I’m not clever enough for Prospect, I have bought it on occasion, which is how I know... :eek:.

I'm not sure the OP realises how lucky he is to have >3 sassy women arguing on this thread. :)

And for the record I'm now a die hard leftie who reads the Guardian and big issue

I'm not sure the OP realises how lucky he is to have >3 sassy women arguing on this thread. :)

And for the record I'm now a die hard leftie who reads the Guardian and big issue

Guardian lost me re: Glenn Greenwald. Such a prick.

Guardian lost me re: Glenn Greenwald. Such a prick.

Whilst the guardian can be a bit up it’s own arse - is there a better paper? I sometimes do the times because I have a girl crush on Caitlin Moran but she annoys me a lot of the time now... and The Telegraph is just a bit too right-wing...

Whilst the guardian can be a bit up it’s own arse - is there a better paper? I sometimes do the times because I have a girl crush on Caitlin Moran but she annoys me a lot of the time now... and The Telegraph is just a bit too right-wing...

I'm American, so yes - the Guardian is great, but they lost me with Glenn. Fuck that guy. And one of their former US national security editor was my neighbor, also kind of a dick.

The NYT and WaPo investigative wings are doing amazing things these days. Otherwise, Vice. And The Daily Show.

Who’s arguing? :D

By the way, who’s Ruth? ;). I tease, I know we’ve had this conversation,

Well done on being a big issue reader, I pass the world’s smilest big issue seller on my walk in, he always makes me grin which is quite a talent when you are going through such serious shit...

I'm American, so yes - the Guardian is great, but they lost me with Glenn. Fuck that guy. And one of their former US national security editor was my neighbor, also kind of a dick.

The NYT and WaPo investigative wings are doing amazing things these days. Otherwise, Vice. And The Daily Show.

Didn’t realise you weren’t a Brit - I hit a paywall when trying to look at NYT and WaPO sites... but occasionally get to read selected content...

Didn’t realise you weren’t a Brit - I hit a paywall when trying to look at NYT and WaPO sites... but occasionally get to read selected content...

NYT is $5/mo online and totally worth it, in my opinion.
cooking section is top notch too (WaPo's food editor is vegetarian, which is nice, too, but the NYT archives for recipes is better...I think)

*not a brit but travel extensively and in my previous life, had to deal with many more people across the pond, and beyond. Heading there in about 6 weeks for work.

Last edited:
A hand up not a hand out

I kinda feel like I'm cock-blocking the OP, but as you pair can be trusted to hold your own; and I kinda don't really give a shit this damp Monday.

The G isn't perfect but at least they pay their taxes!

I kinda feel like I'm cock-blocking the OP, but as you pair can be trusted to hold your own; and I kinda don't really give a shit this damp Monday.

The G isn't perfect but at least they pay their taxes!

I mean, I kind of like how this thread has panned out....thanks, OP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back