People of Color Win Under Republicans!


The U.S. economy continued to add jobs at a solid clip in May, with nonfarm payrolls up 223,000 and the unemployment rate falling to an 18-year low of 3.8 percent, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reported Friday....

Unemployment for blacks fell to a record-low 5.9 percent....​

J. Cox, Nonfarm payrolls increase by 223,000 in May, vs 188,000 estimate, CNBC (Jun. 1, 2018) (emphasis added).

The overall unemployment rate hit 3.8 percent, the lowest it has been since April 2000. Since 1955, after a postwar period of below-3-percent unemployment, the rate has been lower than it is now — 3.8 percent — in 27 months. Before 2000, the most recent time the unemployment rate was so low was in 1970.

But another metric hit a historic number. The unemployment rate among black Americans is now at 5.9 percent, the lowest it has ever been recorded....

Perhaps as important, the black unemployment rate has never been closer to the white unemployment rate....

Usually when black unemployment draws closer to white unemployment, it’s a function of spiking white unemployment rates. That’s not the case now.

As of May, the black unemployment rate is 2.4 points higher than the white unemployment rate, the first time it has ever been less than 3 points higher.

P. Bump, The black unemployment rate has never been closer to the white unemployment rate, Washington Post (Jun 1, 2018) (emphasis added).
 
I like your sources. Now, HOW? How did Donald Trump directly narrow the wag gap between African Americans, and European Americans?

Was it by mass deportation of Hispanics, and Middle Eastern people?

All right, then. The net effect is that People of Color still lose under the Trump Regime. You can't ignore the mass deportations, then point at a sub 1% tick in unemployment to justify it.
 
So, it wasn't "Great" (An opinion) until Dec 6 1865? Because if you remember right, that tore this great nation apart.

No it was great before that....without the ideal of liberty and equal treatment under the law that war would have NEVER happened.

The net effect is that People of Color still lose under the Trump Regime.

How exactly are the most wealthy, politically powerful POC on the ENTIRE PLANET, losing under Trump?
 
Last edited:
without the ideal of liberty and equal treatment under the law that war would have NEVER happened.

The ideals of liberty and equal treatment under the law, unless they're human beings bred like livestock. Right. Easier said than done.

You do understand that owning people, without allowing them to have last names, keeping them in chains, and forcing them to work jobs that are too hard, and dangerous for white people goes against "All men are created equal," right?
 
Black and Latino unemployment rates are now at their lowest level on record.

[T]he unemployment rate hit 3.9 percent in April, the lowest level this century. At this rate, essentially every American who wants a job could find one. Keep in mind, the unemployment rate was more than double this level as recently as President Obama's second term in office.

Unemployment has dipped below 4 percent only a few times in U.S. history. Yet the underlying figures may be even more remarkable. Unemployment among blacks and Latinos fell to 6.6 percent and 4.8 percent, respectively, their lowest levels in recorded history — and half the rates of five years ago.

This historically low unemployment isn’t part of a natural pattern — like the weather — as some left-wing pundits imply. It’s a result of the pro-business public policies created and implemented by President Trump and Republicans in Congress.​

A. Ortiz, President Trump’s historic jobs achievement, The Hill (May 5, 2018).
Unemployment rates are poor measures of a society's economic health when viewed out of the context of cost of living and minimum wage.

More telling is the unprecedented stratification of wealth perpetrated, yes, perpetrated, upon 99 percent of American children by the ultra wealthy and their idiot accomplices who vote against their own interests.
 
I don't think Dawn is able to understand the concept of "increasing disparity."
 
I don't think Dawn is able to understand the concept of "increasing disparity."

Seeing single digit integers that were a teensy weensy bit lower than the last time everyone bothered to check = POC are economically/financially equal with whites and racism don't exist no more, all thanks to Lord Cheeto's templar leadership.

tumblr_lxpj6grFIe1qcaomb.gif
 
The ideals of liberty and equal treatment under the law, unless they're human beings bred like livestock. Right. Easier said than done.

You do understand that owning people, without allowing them to have last names, keeping them in chains, and forcing them to work jobs that are too hard, and dangerous for white people goes against "All men are created equal," right?

You do understand without that ideals of liberty and equal treatment under the law, that all men are created equal, we would still own slaves.....right?

By needing to hire lawyers and spend days in court.

https://www.aclu.org/cases/nfha-v-carson

White people have to hire lawyers and spend days in court too.

POC are economically/financially equal with whites

Finally starting to figure it out....?

Nah....never going to happen.
 
Last edited:
Unemployment rates are poor measures of a society's economic health when viewed out of the context of cost of living and minimum wage.

It's just a poor measure, a lagging indicator at best.

The context of cost of living makes it too complex.

What's living like a boss in Ohio or Michigan is poor in California.

More telling is the unprecedented stratification of wealth perpetrated, yes, perpetrated, upon 99 percent of American children by the ultra wealthy

How exactly are the ultra wealthy perpetrating anything against anyone? :confused:
 
....

Was it by mass deportation of Hispanics...?

All right, then. The net effect is that People of Color still lose under the Trump Regime. You can't ignore the mass deportations, then point at a sub 1% tick in unemployment to justify it.

Define "mass deportations," please. How many non-criminal (besides violating immigration laws) people of color have been deported? How does this correlate with the historic economic gains for people of color over the past year?

More significantly:

On Friday our country cheered yet another stellar jobs report released by the Bureau of Labor Statistics. And unlike the sluggish expansion of the Obama years, the lion’s share of this labor market strength benefits middle-income and previously ignored workers....

These reforms represent a particularly powerful tailwind for Hispanics, statistically by far the most entrepreneurial demographic in America. Speaking of Hispanics, the labor market news for them has been stellar. In U.S. history, there are only eight months where Hispanics report a jobless rate below 5 percent, and an incredible seven of those eight months have been in the last year alone under Trump’s growth agenda. The news is similarly strong for blacks, where the gap between black and white unemployment shrank to the smallest disparity on record. If President Trump is a racist, as his media critics constantly (and unfairly) allege, then he is remarkably bad at it!​

S. Cortes, Trump Lifts the Economic Underdogs, RealClearPolitics (Jun. 03, 2018).
 
When Republicans passed the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act in December, congressional Democrats denounced the legislation as a reckless attempt to help wealthy corporations at the expense of everyone else. House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., famously dismissed the law’s benefits to most taxpayers as “crumbs.”

Six months later, many of the groups Pelosi and other Democrats warned would be worse off as a result of the tax reform legislation — including minorities, women, and small businesses — are not only thriving, they are experiencing some of the most notable economic growth in the country's history.

In January, the black unemployment rate was 7.7 percent, but by May, it had dropped to 5.9 percent, the lowest unemployment rate recorded for African-Americans since the Bureau of Labor Statistics began to report such figures in 1972. This rate is made even more impressive considering that prior to President Trump's time in office, African-Americans had never experienced an unemployment rate below seven percent.

Hispanic and Asian unemployment rates are also at historic lows. Hispanic unemployment in 2018 is on pace to be the lowest annual average ever, and the unemployment rate for Asians has dropped by nearly a full percentage point, from 3 to 2.1 percent, since January. That rate is now sitting at its lowest point in BLS records, which date back to 2003.
...

As difficult as it may be for Pelosi and other advocates of higher taxes and more government control to admit, the successes of the Republican tax reform legislation clearly illustrate that when people are empowered to keep more of their own money, everyone in society benefits.​

J. Haskins, Six months in, tax cuts are already providing historic gains for minorities, women, and small businesses, Washington Examiner (Jul. 3, 2018) (emphasis added).
 
In June, the unemployment rate for Hispanics and Latinos, aged 16 and up, was 4.6%, down from its May level of 4.9%. Before June’s record, the lowest monthly Hispanic-Latino unemployment rate since BLS began tracking the statistic in 1973 was 4.8%.

While the Hispanic-Latino unemployment rate had been as low as 4.8% in five months, four of those months were during the administration of President Donald Trump; the lone exception being October of 2006:

1. June 2018: 4.6%
2. October 2006: 4.8%
3. June 2017: 4.8%
4. October 2017: 4.8%
5. November 2017: 4.8%
6. April 2018: 4.8%​

During the 17 full months of the Trump administration, beginning in February 2017, Hispanic-Latino unemployment has averaged 5.0%.

In contrast, the national Hispanic-Latino unemployment rate averaged 9.4% during President Barack Obama’s eight years (96 months) in office....​

C. Bannister, Hispanic-Latino Unemployment Rate Hits Lowest Level on Record in June, CNSNews (Jul.6, 2018).
 
The number of African American small business owners in the United States has increased by a staggering 400% in just a year....

The State of a Small Business survey interviewed more than 2,600 small business owners and entrepreneurs, both male and female.

The survey found that in 2018, 45% of small business owners were minority ethnic groups. This was already a dramatic increase from 2015, when the amount of minority business owners was just 15%. The biggest increase among minority small business owners however has been the huge increase in the number of African American small business owners year over year 400% increase in a year-over-year period between 20017 and 2018.

David Nilssen, CEO of Guidant Financial, shared his enthusiasm over the rise in minority small business ownership in the United States...,

“Growth amongst all minorities including women is promising in America as small business ownership becomes more favorable and easier to attain. We anticipate and hope to see a continued increase as the impact of tax reform and economic growth shape small business ownership moving forward.”​

G. Pickard-Whitehead, Wow! African American Small Business Ownership Up 400% in a Year, Survey Reveals, Small Business Trends (Aug. 9, 2018) (emphasis added).
 
Please provide the data backing up this claim, if you can.

Of course I can.

You must not have read the article.

The number of African American small business owners in the United States has increased by a staggering 400% in just a year. This was the finding of a survey from the small business financing company, Guidant Financial.

The State of a Small Business survey interviewed more than 2,600 small business owners and entrepreneurs, both male and female.​

G. Pickard-Whitehead, Wow! African American Small Business Ownership Up 400% in a Year, Survey Reveals, Small Business Trends (Aug. 9, 2018).

The great thing about this data is that it's about as nonpartisan and reliable as you can get. A financial house like Guidant lives and dies on its reputation for honesty and accuracy. Hence the large sample size (n=2,600) in the data collection. If you follow such things, as I do, then you recognize that this is much higher than typical in such studies. When it comes to data, this is essentially unassailable.
 
Of course I can.

You must not have read the article.

I read the article. I didn't see any data on the actual number of minority owned businesses. Apparently the 400% number is based on a survey (poll?) and not actual data.

Dawn doesn't do actual data. Since she's a racist and can't read she'll ignore stuff like this. The data is from January 2016 which is the most recent set of data.

It shows that minority businesses were up 38% since 2007. The Small Business Administration is using that 8 million number in 2018 too.

I'm guessing the good people at whatever the fuck finance place did the survey called 2,600 of those 8 million or 0.03% and...well fuck that's less than one-tenth of one percent which is so hilarious small that no wonder they got a bullshit 400% increase.

Imagine if dawn actually looked at real data and saw that black unemployment is nearly double that of white would "she" be touting her racist pro-Nazi orange hero Trump?

I'm guessing so because dawn hates minorities.
 
I read the article. I didn't see any data on the actual number of minority owned businesses. Apparently the 400% number is based on a survey (poll?) and not actual data.

A survey is data. There is a link in the article to the hard numbers. That's your data. How do you think the social sciences -- not to mention real world activities like marketing and actuarial science -- are done?
 
Under President Obama, from 2009 to 2015 the incomes of black Americans fell by more than $900 per family, adjusted for inflation.

According to Sentier Research, when President Obama left office the median household income for all Americans was $58,056. Under President Trump, the rising tide of median household incomes rose to $62,175 by June – a jump of more than $4,000. And income for black Americans has been lifted as well.

Under President Trump, black employment has grown by an average of nearly 40,000 each month. In January 2017, the black unemployment rate stood at 7.8 percent. It’s now at 6.6 percent.

The number of black Americans with a job has risen by 708,000 from last year. Not only are black wages and incomes up since the election of Donald Trump – black employment has repeatedly hit historic highs.

And it isn’t just black Americans who owe President Trump a vote of thanks. Employment among Hispanics and among women – even those with only a high school diploma – has hit the same kind of record-breaking highs.

J. Meister, Trump is gaining black support because his policies are improving the lives of all Americans, Fox News (Aug. 20, 2018) (emphasis added) (while this is an editorial, I quote only the part that summarizes public record statistics).
 
Back
Top