What does your lit name mean.

Lady Reiha

Rating: S̴̟͔͇̩̳&#841
Joined
Mar 6, 2006
Posts
34,882
I'm sorry that it's a bit long, but this is where my name, "Lady Reiha" originated from:


Snow Spirits
From Japanese legend. "Snow-women are spirits of people who have died in the snow. They have no feet, for they float in the air like a freezing vapour. They are greatly feared, for they can kill people with their icy breath. A snow-woman can blow open the door of an isolated hut and lie with a lonely traveller sleeping there. In her embrace he will freeze to death" (Knappert, 270-271).

The Snow Dancers in the second Sailor Moon movie are probably based on the spirits of the snow. Possible also the basis for the Snow Card in Cardcaptor Sakura.

Yuki-Onna
The Lady of the Snow, Yuki-Onna, from Japanese legend. Yuki-Onna is supposed to represent Death, and "her ice-cold lips draw forth the life-blood of her unfortunate victims" (Davis, 149). From Seki, "The snow woman is generally pictured as though her only visible parts aer long hair, facial features, and pubic hair. The remainder of her body blends with the whiteness of the snow until the time she takes on complete human form to live with mortals" (81).

There is a fairy tale about a young apprentice named Minokichi who lived with his master, until one night a woman in white came to them and froze his master but leaving the young man on account of his youth and beauty. She vanished but told him if he spoke of that night to anyone, she would kill him. The next winter, he met a girl named Yuki and they married. Their life was a happy one and she bore him ten children. One night, by lamplight, he noticed her face reminded him of the woman he'd met long ago. When he told her this, she revealed it was she, Yuki-Onna, that night and that by breaking his promise she would have killed him but for their sleeping children. Before vanishing, she told him that if ever she heard their children were not treated well, she would return to kill him when the snow began to fall.

The above is one of the more popular versions of the tale of the snow wife. But there is another related in Seki's edition of Folktales of Japan. A young man opened his door one night to find a beautiful woman crumpled before his doorstep, taken by her beauty he takes her for his wife. Throughout the winter she was healthy and strong, and the couple quite happy, but with the approach of spring, he noticed she grew thinner and she began to weaken. Finally, one night he went to the kitchen and found only his wife's kimono lying in a pool of water. (pages 81-82)

Yuki-Onna may be the queen portrayed in the second Sailor Moon movie, and also possibly the basis for the Snow Card in CCS. Oyuki from Urusei Yatsura is named from Yuki-Onna.

From Shirahime Shou, the White Princess seems to be based on Yuki-Onna, the Lady of the Snow. Shirahime is known as the goddess of the snow. In each of the three tales in CLAMP's collection, it is said that the snow is the tears of Shirahime. But she says after the tales are told to the man she meets that the snow is not her tears but is called by the sorrow of human children. Like the tales involving Yuki-Onna, the tales here have a sad quality to them, and in the snow the wanderer finds death and sadness if they are not careful.

Reiha's mother was a Yuki-Onna in the Miyu TV series, making Reiha half one herself. She has powers over wind and snow. Many tales of Yuki-Onna inspired characters have a hint of loneliness to them. Reiha is a bit like CLAMP's Shirahime in that her tears are the snow and thought of as a symbol of her sorrow. Miyu says: "Reiha might have been crying. Melting snow kept running for a long, long time."
 
Azuldrgon- a chopped up version of blue dragon.

Had to shorten it because the computer was being a pain. I have been a big fan of dragons for the longest time. Blue just makes it more common towards me. I twisted it to azul just to add something more to it. Besides, can y'all imagine calling me Blue all the time? Boo ring.
 
Azuldrgon said:
Azuldrgon- a chopped up version of blue dragon.

Had to shorten it because the computer was being a pain. I have been a big fan of dragons for the longest time. Blue just makes it more common towards me. I twisted it to azul just to add something more to it. Besides, can y'all imagine calling me Blue all the time? Boo ring.



BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :heart:
 
Hmmm....

Someone got it finally the other day...

Anyone remember "Simon Says?"

My name here is kind of a cross between that and reinforcing the old addage about men thinking with their little head....
 
Ms ~ Cause thats what I am
Texas ~ Cause thats where I'm from

Pretty simple

:D
 
MsTexas said:
Ms ~ Cause thats what I am
Texas ~ Cause thats where I'm from

Pretty simple

:D

Damn, to bad the "where you're from" isn't my bedroom - judging by that AV!!! :nana:
 
cliteatingman said:
... an invitation to a feast? :p



I told you not to eat the kitties!


O_O"

God kills em if you masturbate :/



*thinks hard about the Stiffy name* O_O" I don't get it, and who's simon?


(i know, i know, your prolly thinking I'm a dumb blonde....)
 
No....i'm thinking Stiffy needs to teach her this game ;)

:rose: :p :nana:

Lady Reiha said:
I told you not to eat the kitties!


O_O"

God kills em if you masturbate :/



*thinks hard about the Stiffy name* O_O" I don't get it, and who's simon?


(i know, i know, your prolly thinking I'm a dumb blonde....)
 
Stiffy Says... said:
No....i'm thinking Stiffy needs to teach her this game ;)

:rose: :p :nana:
pluto.gif
What game?
 
It just popped in my head. I didn’t know what “hermitage” meant. I looked it up in the dictionary the other day but don’t remember the meaning. But I’m positive that it has nothing to do with pussy eating, nor is it related to MS-DOS and Bill Gates himself.
 
Kylan​

Lovely, Attractive - Irish
Narrow Channel - Scottish
Honor - English​
 
Last edited:
Back
Top