The Fourth Age (closed)

KieranSoares

Literotica Guru
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Posts
25,361
When Mordor and Sauron fell and King Aragorn took the throne, peace settled across Middle-Earth and brought peace to all. The Uruk-Hai and the monsters of Sauron fled to the furthest reaches and the deepest caverns. Many of the immortal Elves left the lands of the Dominion of man, but not all, and the races of mortal elves spread once more through even the darkest forests. The dwarves retook Moria with the help of men and elves alike, and sealed the reaches that their brothers had dug too deep into. Man rules middle-earth now, and the King Aragorn of Gondor is now nearly 137 years old, in the middle of his life and in his prime. Beside him stands his dear wife, the half-elf Arwen, and around him stand four strong sons of age, and two young sons not yet old enough to don armor.
.
Aragorn for Men, Legolas for Elves, Gimli for Dwarves, and Hobbits for themselves, all allied and at peace.
.
But a darkness has been building. Not in Mordor, for Mordor has become a land of lush greenery and life. But on the northern sea, past the reach of Men or any others. Rumor has it that a dark new continent has risen from the sea, and only one explorer has been able to map its shape without dying at the hands of mysterious fortunes and beasts, but has only searched the southern shore well before returning in such madness that he threw himself off Gondor's tall precipice, screaming for mercy.
.
And now, King Aragorn calls for the brave and the intrepid to band together and search and tame this new continent, to make it safe so that no threats may build there in secrecy. That was a month before the White City was attacked by creatures so foul that none dared tell of their shape. Word of this has reached all the way to the Shire, into Lothlorien, and into Moria. Gondor is under threat by something not even the legendary Fellowship of the Ring faced those fifty years ago, something even the Dark Lord Sauron would cringe in fear from.
.
Isengard has risen at the hands of new wizards and great minds, and has offered its help to any willing to answer the King's call to arms and to exploration to tame the Dark Continent that is quickly gaining fear and reputation, a place the King calls Delnirth for its founder after he died falling fom the White City's top.

===========================
===========================
===========================

The King has called the intrepid and the brave to gather at Helm's Deep, to be released to Delnirith in a large wave. Just arriving at Helm's Deep came Uther Boarsbane of Rohan and his companions Miras Hardrada of Moria the Dwarf, and Lexan Greenleaf of Lothlorien the Elf, nephew of Legolas. They were travel-weary and sought supplies and rest, but with the king's address coming the next day, they wouldn't have long.

"Laddie, ya don't suppose we could take a breather, eh?" The huffing and puffing red-haired dwarf called up to the front of his company. The elf of the group looked back at him.

"Muster your strength, Miras, Helm's Deep is just around the mountain bend!"
 
Eruve Calime rode upon her horse, heading for lands she had never been. An elf, she hailed from the Forest of Mavanue, a forest long thought lost and almost forgotten. She had decided to answer the call for her people. They could not sit idly back as this threat moved in, it was far more dangerous than any before it.

Eruve paused as she pulled the hood from her cloak over her long red hair. She looked to her left as she heard voices not too far off. She had been traveling alone as she was the only one of her kind to take up her sword, so to speak.

She headed towards the voices, hearing some complaining from one of the travelers. She was not sure why she went to see who they were, but she was curious since she heard Helm’s Deep and that was where she was headed. She had ridden up on the back of their party. She was unsure what to say, but she was sure they knew she was coming. She approached slowly, keeping her horse’s pace steady. She spoke loudly, “Are you all headed to Helm’s Deep as well?” Though she knew the answer, it seemed like the thing to ask. Her blueish grey eyes danced across each face, awaiting an answer.
 
The human, a tall and broad man with long black hair and hard blue eyes, turned to look upon Eruve, somewhat surprised to see a lone traveling woman. He wore a leather battlegarb over a white, long, belted tunic with leather vambraces and gloves, and wore black breeches with two thick belts, one which carried a curved dagger, throwing knives and a hatchet, and the other which carried a Rohan bugle, a coinpurse, and other small tools. His boots were heavy a steel-capped, extending up to his calf. On his back, held by a belt around his chest and shoulder, was a great claymore and a Rohan roundshield. He stepped toward the new arrival, "Yes, we are. And I'm to assume you are as well, fair lady." His deep ebony cloak stitched with the silver symbol of Moria's doors swirled about him in the wind

The elf, a tall and pale long-haired blonde, looked curiously like the famed King Legolas. He was clad in an elven cloak with a leaf of Lorien in front, and wore a deep green tunic over white breeches, knee-high brown leather boots, and carried an elven bow and a quiver of arrows alongside two long fighting daggers on his back. At his belt were tools, and over his shoulder were saddlebags that had been taken from horses they'd left behind.

The dwarf was a stout man with a great thick beard of reddish brown that fanned over his huge chest, and long hair that hung down his back from under a thick half-helm with a noseguard and a wide open front. He wore tough dark armor trimmed with mithril and leather battlegarbs over a heavy red tunic and heavy black trousers with a black cloak.

"Good evening, miss," the elf gave her a courteous bow.

"Aye, evenin' lass," the dwarf huffed with a smile that was almost lost in his great beard.
 
Eruve nodded at the human’s question, “Yes, I was on my way there when I heard voices.” She looked to the other two to acknowledge them and to put faces with the voices she heard. She dismounted her horse gracefully. She black cloak hid her clothes and weapons well.

She stepped towards the group, “Please forgive me for intruding upon your travels.” She reached up and lowered her hood, her hair now free to fall around her shoulders, “I am Eruve Calime of Mavanue.” She opened her cloak, pushing it back to show she was of no threat to them. Her people had been known at times to be a race that enjoyed a good fight. Though those stories were false, she wanted to assure them, she was not like that.

Opening her cloak had revealed that she was wearing a sheer, yet opaque, shimmery black chemise that on one side, dipped to her knee. The other was not as long and hit mid-thigh. She wore black pants, which hugged her long legs. Her boots were black as well and came up to her knees with silver ornate designs embedded along the top of the boots. She wore a ring with a blue stone, the symbol of her people. She had a silver belt which held a dagger on either side. Hidden under her cloak, on her back was her sword.
 
"No intrusion at all, my lady," the elf smiled kindly.

"I am Uther Boarsbane of Rohan, these are my companions Miras Hardrada of Moria, and Lexan Greenleaf of Lothlorien, nephew of Legolas," the human introduced his party. He stepped closer, within reach of the elven woman. "Please don't take this as rude... but it isn't often that a woman, much less an elven woman, comes to answer the call of a human King to what may become a bloody purge."

"Stout hearts exist in all no matter race nor gender," Lexan smiled, and Uther nodded with his own slight smile.

"Indeed. Allow us to escort you, Lady Eruve. No lady should be left in loneliness on her travels."

"Aye, come, walk by me, lassie, 'way from this brigand and the pansy. A true dwarf of Moria never leaves a lady to walk with villains," Miras stepped over and nudged the two taller men aside, standing before her and leaning on his great battleaxe.
 
Eruve furrowed her brow slightly as the human, Uther Boarsbane of Rohan, spoke of her answering the call of a human king and being female. It was hard to not take offence to it. Luckily before she could answer, the other elf spoke up. She smiled at his words. They were much nicer than what she would have used to explain the same thing.

She was about to accept the offer when the Dwarf spoke up. She could not help but smile as he stepped up and spoke. She had heard of the tenacity of dwarves, though she had never been witness to it till now. She curtsied to him slightly. “Why thank you,” she looked to the other two and continued, “all. I should like the company. I have traveled a long way.” She looked back at her horse and whistle softly. It neighed at her and she looked to the men, “If you like, my horse can carry some things, lighten the load a bit.”
 
"That's very kind of you," Lexan smiled and approached. Each man had a saddlebag across his shoulder, and laid it carefully on the horse's back.

Miras stretched, "Well, on our way... Feel like I'm going to float away without that cursed thing on my shoulder, I've carried it since Lorien."

"Quit your complaining, dwarf," Lexan grinned teasingly at him. "You're the one who insisted on bringing such heavy gear."

"Dwarves do not wear flimsy leather and cloth like you Lorien pansies, we wear real armor and carry real blades. We may not be as tall or as quick, but we are greater in other ways."

"That, I will not argue with. After all, your kind are the finest craftsmen and miners on all Middle Earth."

"Damned right."

"Shut up, you two," Uther chuckled, "I've been listening to your banter since the halls of Moria. And watch your tongue, dwarf, you're in the presence of a lady."

"Oh, right, of course," Miras cleared his throat and strode on. Soon, the Deeping Wall came into sight, and the dwarf sighed in relief. "Ah, finally, Helm's Deep! To breathe the damp and cold of caverns again!" He took off at a sprint, and Lexan was on his heels.

"Last to find the ale cellars is an Uruk-hai!" Lexan teased happily.

"Or a pale Lorien point-ear!" Miras roared, and rushed on.

"Those two... so much like the stories of Lord Gimli and Legolas, friends and foes at the same time, but brothers at the core," Uther smiled at the sight of the two. "Let them rush on, there'll be enough ale to sate them both for an eternity in the walls of the Keep." He looked to Eruve, "So why is it that you come to answer the king?"
 
Eruve listened to the banter between Miras and Lexan. She was unsure what to make of it. It seemed callous, yet playful at the same time. She did not know them well enough to understand the dynamic between them. She laughed softly as Uther reminded the dwarf she was there. Not that she minded. She did not want to keep them from what they were used to.

She sucked in a sharp breath as they finally saw Helm’s Deep. It was a place she had learned much about, but seeing it was different. She looked at the elf and dwarf teased each other again and rushed off to see which would beat the other. She smiled as she walked with Uther and he spoke of how Miras and Lexan were. It was nice to witness such a bond.

Eruve looked over at Uther as he once again asked why she answered the call of a king. She looked at him for a moment before answering. His gaze was penetrating. “Whatever is out there is a threat to us all. I cannot sit idly by and watch other kingdoms crumble and ignore the fact that it would eventually be at our feet.” She looked away at their destination, “I may not be what is expected to fight this fight, but I can assure you that I am determined.” She looked at him again briefly.
 
"It is an honor to fight beside anyone who holds a sense of honor," Uther smiled, turning his face back to their destination. "Many come seeking fame and fortune above honor and duty to their king... I come to aid him, for there are few men as deserving of loyalty as Aragorn Elessar and the remainder of the Fellowship. I hear Lord Gimli is here with a horde of dwarves to see off his kind, and Lord Legolas to do the same. Masters Samwise, Meridoc, and Peregrin of the Shire send their blessings to the king's men. Many men of Gondor come under the banner of the Old Steward, not in honor of Denethor, but of his son Boromir."

Soon, they drew to the gates, and they were welcomed in with shouts of greeting from the wall guard. Within, the keep was teeming with men. Outside the Deeping Wall laid massive camps, and the same laid in the caverns. The keep itself was full of people going this way and that, buying, selling and repairing armor and weapons and the like. At a large open-air tavern, Lexan and Miras were drinking pint after pint to see who could stand the most.

Up on the inner walls stood the Council of Lords. Kings Aragorn of Minas Tirith, Legolas of Lorien, Gimli of Moria, and two new lords alongside: Eonus of Isengard, former apprentice of Gandalf and Saruman, and Tiruthur, new Lord of the reconquered and now-lush lands of Mordor, made green after the evil was destroyed and Mount Doom fell. They looked down upon the men entering Helm's Deep, conversing amongst themselves and offering nods and waves to all who saluted them. Uther approached the foot of the wall upon which they stood, and he knelt, saluting with his claymore. King Aragorn looked down on him and smiled, bidding him rise with a simple beckoning. Uther bowed his head before continuing on his way.
 
Euve listened as Uther spoke of why he was here. It was good to know he was here for the same reasons and not for something else. He was right, too many sought out fame with things like this. She would be happy if no one knew her name as long as the threat was abolished. She nodded as he said that some of the fellowship was here as well. She too had heard that in her travels.

She remained silent as they entered the great walls. She took in all that surrounded her as they walked in deeper. She reached back and held the reigns of her horse as they made it through the crowds. She noticed Miras and Lexan had found their way to a tavern already. She smiled as they passed by. She was assumed by their behavior together.

Pausing, Eruve noticed Uther salute someone. She had not been paying attention to where they had headed. She looked to see the king and lords there. She bowed her head to them and beckoned her horse to follow. She needed to find a stable to put him in and get him some food and water. She stopped a fellow passing by and asked where the horses were kept. He pointed and told her where. She nodded and thanked him. She turned to Uther, “I am going to put him someplace so he can rest.” She stroked the neck of her horse, “You may keep your things with my horse or take them. I think the dwarf and elf are a bit busy to get theirs though.”
 
Uther took all three of the sets of saddlebags over his broad shoulder. "I am going to seek an audience with Lord Legolas. He is a dear friend. You're welcome to join me to meet him, Lady Eruve."

"Oi, laddie! Say 'ello to me ol' uncle Gimli!" Miras roared, making Lexan laugh.

"Will do, friend!"
 
Eruve watched as Uther took all three saddle bags. It was quite impressive, they did not look light in the least. It showed a lot about his strength. His strength alone would be good in battle. And if his skill matched, he would excel in battle.

She smiled at his offer to meet Legolas and nodded, “Yes, I think I would like to join you.” She pat her horse again, “Let me put him in a stable and I will be right back.” She turned and walked into the area that people were keeping their animals. She pulled off a bag of her own. She then returned with a smile to Uther.
 
Uther had left the bags with Lexan, and now awaited Eruve at the inner gate to the courtyard. "He's found the time to see us," Uther motioned her through, letting her go first as a gentleman should always let a lady do. There, with the sun shining off his beautiful blonde hair and pale, perfect complexion, stood the Lord of Lorien with his silver circlet, his flowing pale green and white robes, and his elven cloak pinned with the leaves of Lorien given to himself and the Fellowship during their first journey together. At his side was a fine elven blade, and surely hidden under his cloak on his back were his bow given to him by Galadriel and arrows he carved himself.

"Uther Boarsbane," Legolas stepped forward, clasping Uther's hand with a smile before hugging him.

"Lord Legolas..." Uther smiled as if smiling at a brother or dear cousin.

"There is no need for titles between us, my old friend. Tell me, where is my nephew?"

"Lexan stands at the tavern with Miras of Moria, playing the old drinking games that you and Lord Gimli still compete in."

Legolas laughed, "Good, good. Then it's as it should be, brothers among Elves and Dwarves." He then cast his gentle eyes upon Eruve and his expression softened once more. "And you, sweet lady, are?"

"This is Lady Eruve Calime of Mavanue," Uther stepped back, introducing her.

"Mavanue? I thought so, but I wasn't certain. Welcome to Helm's Deep, Lady Calime." Legolas took her hand ever so gently and kissed it with the greatest of courtesy.
 
Eruve nodded as Uther said Legolas would meet with them and she led the way to him. She, as well of all of Middle Earth, had heard the stories of the fellowship. Each member had their own part of the tale and each was upheld with the highest respect. She saw him standing in the sunlight and it was as if she was listening to one of the stories describing how he looked. It was inspiring.

She stood silently as Uther and Legolas spoke. She looked around at the people around them. They were from all over and all here for one reason. She looked back at the two as they spoke of a drinking game. She smiled softly at Legolas as he asked about her. She curtsied and bowed her head to him as Uther introduced her. “It is an honor to meet you,” she said as he gently kissed her hand, bowing her head once again to him, “I have heard many great things about you.”
 
"I'm sure most of them are exaggerated. My dear friend Gimli likes to tell stories about the Fellowship that reach the people and are horribly overtold," Legolas laughed softly. He was known to be the epitome of male grace amongst elves.

"'Ey, now, nothin's exaggerated in those stories!" A rough and booming voice called. Gimli, son of Gloin, appeared around a corner in his full armor and helm, his walking axe in hand and his battleaxe on his back. He too wore the elven cloak from Lorien fifty years ago. His hair had gone half-grey and his face more wrinkled, but he was still the fiery dwarf of the Fellowship of the Ring. "I tell nothin' but the truth. Real dwarves never lie."

"Yes, they only overstate things until they're beyond fantastical," Legolas clapped him on the shoulder. "Like the battle with the cave troll and goblins in Moria and how you told all the children last night around the fire that I shot five arrows at once and hit ten goblins and the troll all at the same time."

"Well, ye did! Or don't ya remember, ye old fool? Ye shot five arrows, each took two goblins through the chest and two of 'em fell back on that troll's leg and cut him!"

"It was three arrows and five goblins, and the fifth only collapsed on the troll's foot."

"It were five."

"Whatever you say, old friend, but I believe you've been at the malt beer too much this week."

"Bah," Gimli shoved him lightly. "And what a pretty lady. Excuse this trouble-makin' Lorien whelp for talkin' about such nasty things in front o' ya, m'dear." Legolas only shook his head with a smile. "I think I 'eard yer name comin' round the corner. Eruve, weren't it, lass?" He stepped up and patted her hand with a smile. "Glad to have somethin' pretty to see 'ere at Helm's Deep after bein' here with this ugly fellows."

Uther crossed his arms with a raised eyebrow, "You're no rose either, and you certainly don't smell like one."

"Agh, you blasted brat," Gimli waved him off and both laughed. Uther knew these men well. "Ye remind me o' that Merry and Pippin, boy, always teasin' and tauntin' and gettin' into trouble."
 
Eruve smiled as Legolas said the stories may not be all true. Which she was sure was the truth. She laughed as Gimli came up and began to argue with Legolas over it. She was pretty sure Legolas was relaying the story correctly, but Gimli’s was much better and would be the one most remembered.

She looked at Gimli as he addressed her. She laughed and nodded to his question. She laughed harder as he continued and Uther joined in. “I must admit I don’t mind at all, dear Gimli. I have been traveling alone for so long it is nice to listen to others talk, no matter the subject.”
 
"A beautiful lass like you, all alone? Blasphemy, that is. Uther, quit yer laughin' and make damn sure this lovely girl has everything she needs, she's going with you and those two fools down in the tavern."

Uther raised an eyebrow. "That's her decision, Gimli-"

"Nope, she's goin' with ya. Ain't right for a proper lady not to 'ave proper escorts. Warrior or not, if I learned anythin' from the time o' the Fellowship, it's that it's not smart to travel into unknown lands an' into danger without companions." Gimli patted Legolas' arm at this and Legolas smiled softly at the memories of he, Gimli, and Aragorn charging across the plains and mountains after the Uruk-hai that kidnapped Merry and Pippin with only each other to count on and two hobbits to rescue that drove them.

"Would you consider joining Uther and his small group?" Legolas asked Eruve with a hopeful smile. "Uther is generally the leader, and an experienced ranger very much similar to the Dunedain of old. Lexan is well-mannered and polite and very much a hunter and an elf of the earth. Miras is the support they both need and, not to mention, a fine bard and source of entertainment. Just like his mentor," Legolas patted Gimli's shoulder and Gimli beamed.

"That's right, but I'll admit the boy's better than I am at singin'. Moria Dwarves are fine bards, ya know, and bloody great help when you've got your back to a wall."
 
Eruve laughed softly at what Gimli was saying about her being alone. She had never thought any differently about it. Of course, she was not one to impose herself on to others either. She watched as Gimli told Uther to make sure she had everything she needed and she would be traveling with them. She opened her mouth to argue that she did not want to be a burden, but Gimli was too busy telling Uther what to do.

She looked to Legolas as he asked her if she would consider joining Uther, Lexan and Miras. She furrowed her brow, “I don’t think I really have a choice. If I were to say no, I think Gimli would find a way to change my mind.” She looked at Gimli and smiled. She then looked to Uther, “That is, of course, if you don’t mind having me in your group. I don’t want to be where I am not wanted.” She gestured to the people all around, “I am sure there are other groups that I could join as well.” Of course she had to admit some of the men here did not look as trust worthy as the ones she had arrived with and with the lack of females around, she was not sure about it. Not that she could not handle herself, but still it was better to not worry about it. Plus it would be nice to be with a group that seemed to get along well enough. She just hoped she did not throw off the dynamic.
 
"I'd be glad to have you," Uther clasped her hand firmly which solidified the fact that he did not view her as just a woman, but a fellow warrior and now a comrade.

"Perfect," Legolas placed hands on both their shoulders. He was about to speak further and give them a blessing of good luck, when around the corner suddenly came King Aragorn himself. Legolas and Gimli smiled gladly at his arrival, and Aragorn nodded to them and gave an apology.

"Forgive me. I meant to be here sooner."

"My lord," Uther fell into a kneel before him, but Aragorn stopped him halfway.

"Please, do not kneel for me. We are all equals here, Uther, I told you that long ago." He looked to Eruve then as Uther stood, and Aragorn paused a moment. He saw a reflection in her face that he recognized. "Forgive me for staring... You must be the Lady Eruve that Lexan and Miras told me of only minutes ago. You are... Mavenue, aren't you? You look strangely familiar."
 
Eruve was glad to see that Uther was willing to allow her to join his group. She grasped his hand as he did hers. Now she had a group to face this threat with. She always thought everyone was stronger with a good group by their side. She just hoped the other two would be okay with her joining them as well.

She looked over at King Aragorn approached. She bowed her head to him and smiled as he spoke to Uther. It was nice to see he was really like the stories portrayed him. Usually Kings acted as if all should bow to them whenever they appeared. She nodded slightly at what he stated about who she was and where she was from. She smiled slightly at Aragorn as he said she looked familiar. “I just have one of those faces,” she replied vaguely, dodging anything personal about herself.
 
"Very well," Aragorn nodded. "I'll admit I came here with a purpose... Many men who first came here for glory and riches now are beginning to realize the dangers that may lie on the Dark Continent. Nearly half or more will flee in the night or split from the company on the way to the northern Sundering Sea to sail to Delnirith, this much I'm sure of. I imagine by the time that these men who claim to fight for me actually get a firm foothold in Delnirith, only a fraction of them all will be left loyal and alive. I've come to see you, Uther, because I know you're one of few who won't abandon the quest I've set. I'd go myself if I could, even take Legolas and Gimli with me to relive the days we trekked across Rohan... but I cannot."
 
Eruve stood silently as Aragorn spoke and then addressed Uther. She knew what he was saying to be true about the ones that came to fight. She expected it from men. They needed to realize if they did not face the danger now and defeat it, then they would have to face it on the threshold of their homes where their loved ones would be in more danger.

She looked to Uther to see what he would say to his friend, the king. She already knew he was loyal to his death and would not let the king or Middle Earth down. More humans should be like him and there would be many tales of him after he passed, whether in this battle or the next.
 
"You have no need to worry about my loyalty, sire." Uther bowed his head to the man.

"I know... that is why I've decided to ask you and your group to travel separately from the main mass, to go ahead of them with my son Harken."

"The Crown Prince? Sir... I don't think that's wise. If what little we know of this place is true-"

"I know... I don't want him to go, nor does his mother most of all. But Harken longs to prove himself worthy to the people of Gondor and to the world, to show them that when I give him my crown and title, they will actually belong with him and he will be a King worthy of rememberance for his own name, not just the name 'Harken, son of Aragorn'. Please, let him join you. It will at least give the Queen and I a bit of peace."

"Of course, sir, we'd be honored to have him."

"Thank you, my old friend... You've no idea the weight you lift off my heart." Aragorn stepped forward to hug Uther tight. "You will be supplied by my stores, then. You will go tomorrow about noon at the head of the main group and board the first ship. The remaining Rivendell elves have brought an entire fleet of ships to the shores of the Sundering Sea as a gift and a favor to me and many are joining the expedition. I owe them much... So if you would, Uther, I'd like you and Harken to become my left and right hands there and treat those elves with all the respect you possibly can, as they deserve no less."

"Yes, sir."

"This goes for your entire group. I've no doubt about Lady Eruve here or Lexan, but Miras, like Gimli, tends to get a little aggressive."

"I will keep him in check, my Lord."

"Thank you... Now, I hate to rush off, but I must see to my sons. The remaining three will be going throughout Gondor and Rohan and the Shire to make sure all is safe while you are all in Delnirith." Aragorn embraced his friend once more, kissed Eruve's hand, shook the hands of Gimli and Legolas- he'd see them again very soon- and made his way out.

"Well, then," Uther sighed, "We'd best get ready..."

"Gimli and I will accompany you and see you have the best equipment available from the King's armoury and the best of supplies." Legolas stepped out, beckoning for them to follow. Gimli, gentleman he was, took Eruve's hand gently and led her on. Legolas brought them all to a great armoury in the caverns and told them to choose whatever they liked. Uther went straight to look at swords and bows and armour.
 
Eruve furrowed her brow slightly as King Aragorn asked Uther to take his son along with them. She was pretty certain there were others ways Harken could prove himself to the people of Gondor that would be less bloody and deadly. Surely he should be doing something a bit more diplomatic. Though, troubling times call for extreme measures and she did not understand the way man was. She had not spent much time with them.

During the time of the fellowship, her people were at war with each other over whether to help or not. With Mavenue being so far away, not many people or things passed their way and so threats did not seem as such. Eruve had argued to side with Middle Earth and protect their home. The council of their people, of which she was part of, argued over the matter for a while. Sadly, most of the elves had felt their time was ending and it was time to head back to their immortal homeland. She, however, did not follow that path. She had grown fond of Middle Earth and felt the need to protect it.

Eruve smiled as Gimli took her hand and led her to the armory. She did not need much in way of arms. She had the sword of her father’s, a gift from him once she decided on this quest. Her father, Lord Faelon, wanted her safe return upon their victory. She looked at the armor, it was one thing she lacked and she feared she may need it. She ran her long fingers over the silver pieces as she walked along. Most were made to fit men, but she happened upon a few pieces fit for a woman. She tried on a few pieces to fit on her lower arms and torso. Once she was done with that, she made her way to the short swords and daggers. Seeing if there was anything she needed.
 
Lexan and Miras had also come to the armoury, having stopped in the middle of their game so that neither was drunk, Lexan simply allowed Miras to think he was the winner by forfeiting. Being an elf, Lexan did not wear much armour, but he did decide to replace his leather vambraces with steel and carry a small buckler shield on his hip just in case. Miras did not replace his mithral-reinforced armour, but had it burnished and the steel smoothed once more from its dented state. He also looked for an axe as both of his were chipped and worn. Gimli gave Miras a grand battleaxe with the doors of Moria on its blades, and Gimli gave his own walking axe to the younger dwarf with a blessing of victory or an honorable death. Miras could've nearly cried, he was so honored.

Lexan recieved Legolas' own bow once given to him by Galadriel, and actually did have tears in his eyes. Then, Legolas came to Eruve, and he set in her hands his fighting knives from the days of the Fellowship. They still looked perfectly new. "Take these, and the blessing of all of the Kingdoms in Middle Earth represented in our council. And know that Lorien will always welcome you as one of its daughters from here on."
 
Back
Top