The China Pearl Inn---Part Six.

S F it was a very pleasurable morning on the slops. Other than that it has been a very lazy day, and I think the low overcast has lent to it.

Tonight its eggs and bacon fried potatoes with onions peppers a a little cheese. All in keeping with the lazy day theme S F.:D
 
S F it was a very pleasurable morning on the slops. Other than that it has been a very lazy day, and I think the low overcast has lent to it.

Tonight its eggs and bacon fried potatoes with onions peppers a a little cheese. All in keeping with the lazy day theme S F.:D

That sounds good. We had some snow, heavy flakes that put about two inches of snow on the ground, then it rained some. So some of the snow melted. I suspect there will be a lot of black ice on the roads tonight. Good thing I am staying in. :)
 
S F just got back from the slopes. It was a good morning, mild in the lower 30's. I am a bit tired and will I think nap this afternoon.
 
Snowed a lot of little flakes so now the ground is covered in white again, after being washed away by the rain. I read and dozed most of the day. Finally got up when I got so hungry my stomach was yelling at me. LOL Glad you had a good ski day. Exercise and fresh air are good for making one want to nap. :)

I wonder who is winning the war of the Austrian slopes. :D
 
So true S F.;)

I suspect that knowing G G and HSG, that they will be ahead in their boy / girl competition. I have no doubt that they will win in the end S F :p
 
So true S F.;)

I suspect that knowing G G and HSG, that they will be ahead in their boy / girl competition. I have no doubt that they will win in the end S F :p

I figure the girls will win the skiing but all will win at the end. ;)

We ended up with about 5 inches of snow at my place, then it rained some, was sunny all day, but supposed to snow tomorrow night and Monday so I am not sure when I will see the actual driveway again. LOL

Spent the afternoon with a book in front of my eyes. The sun glare off the snow made me consider sunglasses inside the house. I haven't seen it so bright and light in the house before. LOL

I was reading up earlier online about all the human rights marches around the world. Except for the Olympics, it isn't often that you see people all over the world come together in peaceful demonstration. Pretty amazing. Not sure how effective it will be, but it is great that it is possible for people all over to do something like this.
 
Sunglasses in doors are a bit extreme S F. I would just pull down the shades or draw the drapes. Window shades and Drapes are a necessary here in my mountains for sunlight on snow or chilly north winds S F. :D

I feel it will be a lazily Sunday here. I have just one naughty little post to answer.

I do believe the girls and their lads are having a great break and are enjoying their R&R. ;)

So what does the day hold for you young lady?
 
Sunglasses in doors are a bit extreme S F. I would just pull down the shades or draw the drapes. Window shades and Drapes are a necessary here in my mountains for sunlight on snow or chilly north winds S F. :D

I feel it will be a lazily Sunday here. I have just one naughty little post to answer.

I do believe the girls and their lads are having a great break and are enjoying their R&R. ;)

So what does the day hold for you young lady?

Nothing much going on here. Snow melted a little but the driveway is still inches deep in snow, so I am not going anywhere soon. Supposed to be a heavy snow tonight. So I am just hanging out on the computer, reading, and keeping warm. :)

Just enjoying the fact that I don't need to shovel the snow or go to work tomorrow morning. :)
 
Unsettled weather headed our way S F not sure if it will be snow, or a mixture of snow sleet and freezing rain. :eek:

So time to lay in some more wood, a day or two supply, and to make sure I am ready for a day or two without power. I still love winter and I am hoping for all snow S F. ;)
 
The Inn is strangely quiet and uneasy stillness. With a sigh I pour myself a Irish single malt and collapse into my old leather chair by the hearth.
 
Winds howled during the night, rain fell and cleaned out some of the snow and left patches of ground showing, it snowed some, it rained some, it hailed, it snowed some more. Currently lightly snowing but it is those tiny flakes that melt off pretty fast. Despite all that, there is still a couple of inches on the roof of my car. But if I had to leave I could probably get out. Although I don't know how deep the mud is. So I shall stay in place for at least another day and see what it looks like tomorrow. Been about three weeks since I was last in town, so I am getting that feeling of wondering if it is still there. :rolleyes:

Meanwhile I am reading a lot. Spending some time on line, but mostly reading. Wish I knew some exciting or scintillating news, but, I am not a fount of anything interesting. Sorry.
 
S F you need to get out and about young lady you don't want to come down with a case of "Cabin Fever". ;)
 
S F you need to get out and about young lady you don't want to come down with a case of "Cabin Fever". ;)

Yeah, it usually happens after 3-4 weeks at home. I begin to get the urge to see something else beyond my little viewpoint of the world. So, if the weather is good and the ground is not too soggy, I will splurge and take down the trash, get my mail, maybe drive into town. Have myself a look around. Then I will be ready to hibernate for another couple of weeks. :)
 
So S f are you studying to be a hermit young lady? :rolleyes:


Though with my dynamic social life here in my mountains I fear I have little room to talk. :eek:
 
The family calls me a hermit, I used to think recluse was a better word, but since there is a recluse spider that is dangerous and a hermit crab is not. I am going with hermit these days. I have never been much of a people person except when I was in the classroom. Even when I lived in the city, I stayed home except for work. During summer vacation time I often stayed home for weeks at a time. I would go out to dinner ever few weeks with a friend. I am not one for window shopping, not even as a teen. Not interested in going to movie theaters where the people yell and talk through the movie. Don't like eating in public by myself, so there wasn't really much reason to go out into the world. I like books, I bring the world to me. :) This morning I spent a couple of hours near Durango, Colorado. Since I have driven through that area it was easy to picture the descriptions in the book.

When I was younger I always thought the best job in the world would be forest ranger on the north rim of the Grand Canyon. Six months of no people, just animals, books and me. Sounded like heaven to me. When I was looking into college I found out that there is a ton of memorization involved and you have to do an internship in Washington DC, that sounded like hell. So I stuck to my first plan of teaching. I wanted to go teach in Alaska. Cool weather, isolated villages but my mother felt that that was too far for her liking, so I decided to go to Arizona and teach on the Indian reservation there. Still fairly cool weather and isolated villages. Unfortunately, my timing has never been good. When I graduated there was a huge movement going on to keep white people off the reservations, so that didn't quite work out. When I moved to Flagstaff in the early 80s, I applied to a several jobs in the northern area including the reservation. Unfortunately for me, I had just spent four years teaching in the Los Angeles area and despite my attempts to explain that I was more hermit than town folk, they felt that I would feel too isolated. sigh... So I ended up back in LA, which was the opposite of the lifestyle I wanted. I am much happier now that I am in my natural hermit environment. :)

Woke up to fields of white, guess we had about two to three inches fall over night and it is still snowing. So my hermiting ways will have to continue as I cannot tell that my car is red, much less find the driveway. Schools are on a late start schedule so roads can be cindered. I wouldn't be surprised if they just cancelled the day as plowing doesn't help if the road fill up as soon as it is plowed. All that snowing and melting has created a lot of icy roads, since I have no need to be out on them I see no need to even attempt to slide down the hill to town. :D

I went to bed much earlier than I have been, then woke up about five, stayed in bed and read hoping I would fall back to sleep but as you can see that didn't work out. I suspect that I will be napping in a few hours later this afternoon.
 
I woke to a winter mix of sleet and snow S F.


I was always the obstinate one. Though I loved family dearly we always got a long best when there was about 300 miles between us. I remember when I decided to go to college in Santa Fe New Mexico my Mom use to send me letters with the college address but instead of New Mexico she would write Mexico.........some how the letters made it through......But for her New England was the only place to go to college.

That was just the beginnings of very different points of view on how one should live ones life S F. For me I alwyas held it was "My Life" to live. :devil:ish :D
 
Well, about a half hour after I last posted, the clouds disappeared, the snow stopped and the sun came out. Now the sky is very blue, the sun is reflecting off the snow into my house and birds are singing. Wonder what it will be like in another half hour. ;)

I read you were expecting a nor'easter to come in to your area.

I get along pretty well with some of my siblings, others I would feel bad if they died, but I don't need to spend any time with them. Those of us that get along with each other keep in touch through the internet and phone mostly. We are kinda spread out since I have a sister in North Carolina and one in Montana but we try to get together every year or two. The Montana sister usually makes a trip to California once or twice a year. Both she and her husband grew up there and went to school. They also lived in several places so besides relatives there are a lot of friends they come to see. I always enjoy seeing those people but I spend hours not days with them. Too much socializing makes me crazy even with family. :D
 
My family has dubbed me a hermit. It is not that I am anti social, and I am out and about. But that being said I do enjoy my solitude S F.

The storm cut south of us so we are just on the north western edge of it.
 
I know some people that can't stay home. They have to be out with people all the time. If they get sick or the car is in the shop they go nuts. I just have always been comfortable with my own company.

Well, here I am a couple of hours later and the sky is all overcast and it is snowing again. But I have managed to eat breakfast, watch a video, read the news, play a couple of simple word games and now I am yawning like crazy. I live a hectic life. LOL
 
I can see that S F ;)


Over cast here a rather overcast, bleak, raw day all in all.:(
 
I sat down to read and fell asleep. YOU let me sleep too long. Now I will be up most the night. This is all YOUR fault!!

While I was sleeping we got another 3 or so inches of snow. This is supposed to be the last of it for awhile, we shall see.

What did you do with your day?
 
I watched the morning snow change to sleet and then freezing rain. All in all it was a damp miserable day. So it was off to the books as opposed to the slops.:(
 
Reporting back for duty CG. We left the girls in Austria to fly back tonite. Now the long wait begins about postings. Had a great vacation and sport. Hope you're ok. Hi SF!
 
Morning Rick!

I slide over a steaming mug of coffee.

Glad tpo hear that you, Mr. T and the girls had a good R&R. I suspect there was a fair amount of competition on the slopes. :rolleyes:
 
Morning Rick!

I slide over a steaming mug of coffee.

Glad tpo hear that you, Mr. T and the girls had a good R&R. I suspect there was a fair amount of competition on the slopes. :rolleyes:

You won't believe the competition! There were Italians, Germans, French, South Africans, Australians, Russians, Brits and Americans. So we had our own showdown. US & UK v the Rest Of The World. And we won! The girls were amazing and it was great to have GG as our captain and not an opponent.

See you've been on the slopes too. Good sport?
 
Back
Top