Half of all misogynistic tweets posted on Twitter come from women, a study suggests.

LJ_Reloaded

バクスター の
http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-36380247
Abuse on social networks is not new and neither is the revelation that women contribute to the problem.

A 2014 study from cosmetics firm Dove found that over five million negative tweets were posted about beauty and body image. Four out of five were sent by women.

The bigger question is what can be done about it?

We have seen in recent years the police take the issue much more seriously and trolls have faced lengthy prison sentences. Some have made public apologies to their victims.

Well just take the computers out of the kitchen and they won't be able to tweet.
Problem solved.

Half of all misogynistic tweets posted on Twitter come from men, a study suggests.

Why is anyone concerned with this in the first place? Believe it or not you don't actually have to read everyones tweets and who fucking cares who wrote what? They aren't Trump, they're Joe and Jill Blow.

Why is anyone concerned with this in the first place? Believe it or not you don't actually have to read everyones tweets and who fucking cares who wrote what? They aren't Trump, they're Joe and Jill Blow.
Shakespeare "Much ado about nothing "

How does a woman have the time to pretend to be a man when she's busy making sandwiches?

How does a woman have the time to pretend to be a man when she's busy making sandwiches?

Watch out, you keep posting like that you'll have LJ professing his love for you. Imagine a woman who knows where women belong!

Not surprised by that study.
After I emigrated, I encountered a lot of mean girls who were interested in bringing down one of their own gender, and I was far more supported -by far- by men. As far as work-related issues were concerned, but still the same thing.
Tis an anglo-saxon thing.

By contrast, this site seems to have attracted A Lot more male assholes.

These are the same women that LT gleefullly posts with "we're not feminists" signs.

So the bottom line is, LT doesn't like women if they're feminists, or if they're not.

Not surprised by that study.
After I emigrated, I encountered a lot of mean girls who were interested in bringing down one of their own gender, and I was far more supported -by far- by men. As far as work-related issues were concerned, but still the same thing.
Tis an anglo-saxon thing.

By contrast, this site seems to have attracted A Lot more male assholes.
These people will defend a woman's honor even while she's hosing down a bus full of blonde schoolchildren* with a minigun.

*some of these mother fuckers could give less than zero fucks if they were black schoolchildren

These people will defend a woman's honor even while she's hosing down a bus full of blonde schoolchildren* with a minigun.

*some of these mother fuckers could give less than zero fucks if they were black schoolchildren

It's good to know that people will defend my honour while I'm enjoying my favourite hobby.

Why don't people want to admit that assholes come in all shapes and forms? Regardless of ethnicity or gender?

While I find LJ's rhetoric a bit over the top in his generalizations, he makes good points.
Being a jerk isn't just a prerogative of men.

It's not a coincidence that the prevalence of people with borderline personality disorders is highest among women, and of antisocials - among men. Narcissism used to be over-represented among men too, but it looks like women are catching up on that too, at least in the States and a few anglo-saxon countries.

Last edited:
Why don't people want to admit that assholes come in all shapes and forms? Regardless of ethnicity or gender?

While I find LJ's rhetoric a bit over the top in his generalizations, he makes good points.
Being a jerk isn't just a prerogative of men.

It's not a coincidence that the prevalence of people with borderline personality disorders is highest among women, and of antisocials - among men. Narcissism used to be over-represented among men too, but it looks like women are catching up on that too, at least in the States and a few anglo-saxon countries.

I'm glad I'm not narcissistic. I'm much too perfect for that.

Back