The Isolated Blurt BDSM Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly K, I haven't heard anything of it, but I would venture to say it would be the same as my view on min wage. I understand the theroy behind it, I understand what is supposed to or intended to happen, I also know what is more likely to happen.

If corporations cave, and start paying people $15 an hour, they will say that they have to raise prices to meet the extra cost, which means everything else will go up in cost, so the cost of living goes up and now $15 an hour is still just enough to scrape by.

As long as we refuse to put a cap on the gap between what the CEOs and big wigs make, vs what the groundlings make, raising min wage is just a show of smoke and mirrors.

Do I believe fast food workers deserve better pay, health care, retirement benefits, and PTO? absolutely, as much as anyone does. I just don't believe it will happen with out costs that will void the benefits to begin with. The system is broken, but we are fixing the wrong end. Or trying to anyway.

Interesting. Thanks, Wenchie.

I guess the dilemma is that the chances of convincing those at the top to cap their greed in order to make things better for those at the bottom are pretty darn slim. Plus, I have a feeling the cost of living is going to go up regardless of minimum wage.

Minimum wage in BC is $10.25/hr and I think that's low. Even at 40 hours per week, that's only $1400 a month before taxes. I can't imagine who anyone survives on less than that.

I guess the dilemma is that the chances of convincing those at the top to cap their greed in order to make things better for those at the bottom are pretty darn slim. Plus, I have a feeling the cost of living is going to go up regardless of minimum wage.

Minimum wage in BC is $10.25/hr and I think that's low. Even at 40 hours per week, that's only $1400 a month before taxes. I can't imagine who anyone survives on less than that.

I know this is old (2008) and may have been posted here already? but relevant
Art instalation allows people to work for minimum wage
http://www.artsjournal.com/anotherbb/2010/06/blake_fall-conroy_minimum-wage.html

I'm sure that cost of living would probably go up either way because not changing min wage isn't going to keep the greedy from being greedier. Min wage is not a living wage, and I don't know where it is. I haven't heard of anyone who lives comfortably on min wage anywhere with out public assistance, which for the most part doesn't help a whole lot if you don't have children.

As long as those rich people and corporations are controlling the world, things aren't going to change. They will put out little bread crumbs like raising min wage to make it look like they are trying to help the rest of the world, but it's a sham.

I hate that I think so negatively on this, but it's just one area that really saddens me and I can't see it changing.

?

I have been a daddy's girl for close to a year. I love my daddy and am certain he loves me too. As lit relationships go how much longer do you think this one will last?

I actually think something may be mentally wrong with me.

I am perfectly, and I do mean perfectly, capable of killing any emotion about any person.

I don't see or talk to my son in three years? I nearly died (re; killed myself) at the beginning. Now? Nothing.

My Grandma died very recently. I cried once, was sad for a bit. Now nothing.

The man I would have married (this is a huge statement from me) leaves me utterly confused and hurt. Now nothing.

I have great friends, a loving family, good prospects for a happy life. But I could pack it all up and walk away tomorrow and feel nothing. Settle in to a new place and feel just as happy there.

I don't feel pain or bad things long. I feel good things all the time, I'm stupidly excited about three or four things at the moment. But it's easy to turn that off too. Like flicking a switch.

Seriously, this can't be good right?

I know this is old (2008) and may have been posted here already? but relevant
Art instalation allows people to work for minimum wage
http://www.artsjournal.com/anotherbb/2010/06/blake_fall-conroy_minimum-wage.html

Wow, that's crazy! Thanks for sharing.

I'm sure that cost of living would probably go up either way because not changing min wage isn't going to keep the greedy from being greedier. Min wage is not a living wage, and I don't know where it is. I haven't heard of anyone who lives comfortably on min wage anywhere with out public assistance, which for the most part doesn't help a whole lot if you don't have children.

As long as those rich people and corporations are controlling the world, things aren't going to change. They will put out little bread crumbs like raising min wage to make it look like they are trying to help the rest of the world, but it's a sham.

I hate that I think so negatively on this, but it's just one area that really saddens me and I can't see it changing.

Stuff like this usually changes when the gap gets so wide that the people at the bottom are willing to risk breaking the law and/or losing what little they have in order to fight for equality. So, it will change, but I think we've got a long way to go. All the protests around Occupy Wall Street were really only just the first whispers, IMO.

But things do have to start somewhere. Before unions, there were some pretty codawful working conditions in the "civilized world". Sure, unions have their own problems, but at least they set some kind of standard for safety, fair wages, and such.

Wow, that's crazy! Thanks for sharing.

Stuff like this usually changes when the gap gets so wide that the people at the bottom are willing to risk breaking the law and/or losing what little they have in order to fight for equality. So, it will change, but I think we've got a long way to go. All the protests around Occupy Wall Street were really only just the first whispers, IMO.

But things do have to start somewhere. Before unions, there were some pretty codawful working conditions in the "civilized world". Sure, unions have their own problems, but at least they set some kind of standard for safety, fair wages, and such.

I feel like we're slowly regressing to Dickensian conditions, and it honestly feels like as long as the public has their bacon, their TV shows, and their iPhones, no one really gives a shit.

Also, in the realm of shit that'll piss you off: Newly-revealed documents show that there was a concerted effort between big business and government agencies to kill off the Occupy movement. So...people weren't just being paranoid. It really happened.

ETA: Seems like even the bankers know that the first people to lose their heads in a revolution are the people in the government and the rich. I suppose they think that if they can keep dissent squashed, that'll never happen. (See also, SOPA and other assorted attempts to control the Internet, which is something that terrifies those in power, as it allows the common people to communicate in a way that is largely free from regulation.)

It just saddens me that the people in power are right to believe this, as long as most of the country is kept fat, dumb, and happy. "I've got what I want, so I'm going to bury my head in the sand because it hurts too much to fucking think, and, besides, as long as I have what I want, fuck everybody else."

/rant

Last edited:
PSA-

It is inappropriate to call up random lingerie shops, asking if they sell used panties. (No.)

It is also inappropriate, when the answer is no, to ask the shopgirl if she will sell her used panties. (No.)

In addition, given the negative response, to continue, and ask the shopgirl to "help me cum". (No.)

:rolleyes:

I feel like we're slowly regressing to Dickensian conditions, and it honestly feels like as long as the public has their bacon, their TV shows, and their iPhones, no one really gives a shit.

Also, in the realm of shit that'll piss you off: Newly-revealed documents show that there was a concerted effort between big business and government agencies to kill off the Occupy movement. So...people weren't just being paranoid. It really happened.

ETA: Seems like even the bankers know that the first people to lose their heads in a revolution are the people in the government and the rich. I suppose they think that if they can keep dissent squashed, that'll never happen. (See also, SOPA and other assorted attempts to control the Internet, which is something that terrifies those in power, as it allows the common people to communicate in a way that is largely free from regulation.)

It just saddens me that the people in power are right to believe this, as long as most of the country is kept fat, dumb, and happy. "I've got what I want, so I'm going to bury my head in the sand because it hurts too much to fucking think, and, besides, as long as I have what I want, fuck everybody else."

/rant

Ditto. I've tried to add my thoughts on this but I can't get them out coherently at the moment.

But I think you've said it all really anyway. ;)

PSA-

It is inappropriate to call up random lingerie shops, asking if they sell used panties. (No.)

It is also inappropriate, when the answer is no, to ask the shopgirl if she will sell her used panties. (No.)

In addition, given the negative response, to continue, and ask the shopgirl to "help me cum". (No.)

:rolleyes:

Geez that's pretty gross. I hope incidents like these are isolated in your industry. Having to deal with creepers in the workplace is tricky at the best of times...

When, like this morning, I receive an email that has been sent with the intention of hurting and provoking me (well, 3 actually from the same person), should I follow my instincts of replying with a verbal punch in the mouth, or should I rise above it and ignore. Hmmmm.

When, like this morning, I receive an email that has been sent with the intention of hurting and provoking me (well, 3 actually from the same person), should I follow my instincts of replying with a verbal punch in the mouth, or should I rise above it and ignore. Hmmmm.

I ignore.... but I am aware my views are not always those of the majority. :)

I'm sure you're right - if a message is sent to provoke a reaction, which then doesn't happen, it's a more effective response. Unfortunately it is not as immediately satisfying as sending a blistering reply :mad:

I'm sure you're right - if a message is sent to provoke a reaction, which then doesn't happen, it's a more effective response. Unfortunately it is not as immediately satisfying as sending a blistering reply :mad:

I know :)

But be the better person :)

And be blistering here.

Buy a kipper and hide it in their car, that is a good leveler!

I tend to lean toward Malich's "response," at least to some extent. However, if it's a business issue on which the originaly sender is clearly wrong or uninformed, a quiet statement pointing out the line of error and the potential negative consequences of proceeding in that direction, sent to all original recipients of the message(s), and perhaps bcc'ing the appropriate next-level supervisor/manager/etc., can be immensely helpful.

OTOH, if it's non-business-related, KEEP that sucker in your files, and don't respond other than something along the lines of, "This is not appropriate. Please don't send any more messages of this type to me." If the harassment/annoyance continues, you can over time establish a pattern of harassment to take to HR and really put his/her ass in a deep, unpadded sling.

Buy a kipper and hide it in their car, that is a good leveler!
It will take a couple of days for the smell to start rising unless it's *very* hot. Good places to hide dead fish in a car:

Many cars have fairly easily removable air vents - just pop a small screwdriver tip under one side and lift. Try not to visibly damage the surrounding vinyl/plastic. Some of those vents may "unscrew" a bit, sort of a like a flashlight (torch) lamp bulb. If you know the type of vehicle, you can google the owner's manual and very often download a free copy to check it out, which can prove helpful with the next two locations as well. Drop a small fishie or two down the vent, making sure you don't completely block it (you need air circulation to most effectively spread the smell ;)). To give the little buggers their best opportunity to reach their full potential, doing this is the vent furthest from the driver's seat can be a good idea.

There is often a gap in the carpet under the driver's and passenger's front seats that one can lift and insert a small dead fish or two. Don't overdo. Three or four 3-4" fish can produce an amazing amount of stench.

Failing the carpet gap, most auto back seats can be lifted from their mounting brackets relatively easily, from either front of back, depending on the make/model of the auto. Slip a few little fishies under the back seat and let them do their thing.

If you don't have small dead fish lying around at home, get a can or two of tuna, *partially* open the tin at two or three small (1/2" or so) spots and pour out *most* of the oil/water. (Leaving a little liquid in the tin will speed decomp and enhance the resultant odor.) Place the tuna can(s) in the under-seat positions as mentioned above. Unfortunately, a tuna tin probably won't work in the air vents very well. Depending on the make/model of the car, though, a small tin of sardines might fit and work...

I tend to lean toward Malich's "response," at least to some extent. However, if it's a business issue on which the originaly sender is clearly wrong or uninformed, a quiet statement pointing out the line of error and the potential negative consequences of proceeding in that direction, sent to all original recipients of the message(s), and perhaps bcc'ing the appropriate next-level supervisor/manager/etc., can be immensely helpful. ]

I assumed at 3am and hurting it's unlikely to be business. :)

And spilled milk is worse. I had to sell a car once because i couldn't get the smell out of the carpets.

Ok, so fancy schmancy countertop espresso machines are neat, but there is something so much more satisfying in the slower french press brewing process. It is so wonderful to breathe in the aroma through the chilled morning as it billows through the kitchen. Mmmm.

Good Morning All! :)

I tend to lean toward Malich's "response," at least to some extent. However, if it's a business issue on which the originaly sender is clearly wrong or uninformed, a quiet statement pointing out the line of error and the potential negative consequences of proceeding in that direction, sent to all original recipients of the message(s), and perhaps bcc'ing the appropriate next-level supervisor/manager/etc., can be immensely helpful.

OTOH, if it's non-business-related, KEEP that sucker in your files, and don't respond other than something along the lines of, "This is not appropriate. Please don't send any more messages of this type to me." If the harassment/annoyance continues, you can over time establish a pattern of harassment to take to HR and really put his/her ass in a deep, unpadded sling.

It will take a couple of days for the smell to start rising unless it's *very* hot. Good places to hide dead fish in a car:

Many cars have fairly easily removable air vents - just pop a small screwdriver tip under one side and lift. Try not to visibly damage the surrounding vinyl/plastic. Some of those vents may "unscrew" a bit, sort of a like a flashlight (torch) lamp bulb. If you know the type of vehicle, you can google the owner's manual and very often download a free copy to check it out, which can prove helpful with the next two locations as well. Drop a small fishie or two down the vent, making sure you don't completely block it (you need air circulation to most effectively spread the smell ;)). To give the little buggers their best opportunity to reach their full potential, doing this is the vent furthest from the driver's seat can be a good idea.

There is often a gap in the carpet under the driver's and passenger's front seats that one can lift and insert a small dead fish or two. Don't overdo. Three or four 3-4" fish can produce an amazing amount of stench.

Failing the carpet gap, most auto back seats can be lifted from their mounting brackets relatively easily, from either front of back, depending on the make/model of the auto. Slip a few little fishies under the back seat and let them do their thing.

If you don't have small dead fish lying around at home, get a can or two of tuna, *partially* open the tin at two or three small (1/2" or so) spots and pour out *most* of the oil/water. (Leaving a little liquid in the tin will speed decomp and enhance the resultant odor.) Place the tuna can(s) in the under-seat positions as mentioned above. Unfortunately, a tuna tin probably won't work in the air vents very well. Depending on the make/model of the car, though, a small tin of sardines might fit and work...
I'm not sure I want to know how you know so much about the decomposition of fish, canned and otherwise.

Frozen shrimp works well too. I don't know anything about putting frozen shrimp in the base of office chairs, at all.

My boy is in town for a month starting a couple nights ago. Yes, plenty of sex.

Sooooo he pretty much made me lose my shit last night by talking seductively in my ear for a good thirty minutes about all the things we COULD do with my roommate (hypothetically).

Yah, so much plausible deniability -___- hooooo hell....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back