The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made a roux with a half cup oil and a half cup of flour, but before I added the flour, I lightly browned a strip of apple-smoked bacon (chopped) in the oil. Then I browned the roux and added a cup of chopped onion, a half cup coarsely chopped carrot and a quarter chopped parsley and stirred until soft. Next went in the meat (muskox round, in this case) and stirred it around until hot. A half cup red wine and then enough commercial beef stock to reach the proper consistency. Add a bay leaf and a rounded tsp thyme, 1 1/2 tsp Worchester sauce and about 8 shots of Chipotle Tabasco. Simmer 8 hours, adding more beef stock as needed and correct the seasoning. Serve over mashed potatoes.

Egads! I finished dinner 3 hrs ago and that makes me hungry just reading it. :D

It could be worse, Tom. It's been down to freezing here two nights in a row. Wanna trade weather? :D

<sigh> Yum. As you didn't finish the whole thing, wanna share the leftovers?

Unfortunately, Hot Mama has claimed the leftovers for lunch tomorrow. However, there is the possibility that I could make up a batch for Lit4 if Nero and the other locals could be persuaded to bring in the equipment . . . ;)

Unfortunately, Hot Mama has claimed the leftovers for lunch tomorrow. However, there is the possibility that I could make up a batch for Lit4 if Nero and the other locals could be persuaded to bring in the equipment . . . ;)

Yet another reason to show up. :D

Erm...no. ;) When is y'all's spring...July 4th?
You never know. We've had snow then too. The weather gets more messed up every year.

Yet another reason to show up. :D

I'm keeping a list. It's getting longer. :)

You never know. We've had snow then too. The weather gets more messed up every year.

I'm keeping a list. It's getting longer. :)

Snow on July 4?? :eek: Now that's weird.

Does this mean you might grace us with your delightful presence next year?

Strained please and yes a double.....maybe I'll let you take advantage :kiss:

*begins to rummage around behind the bar* mutter, grumble . . . I know there's a bottle of Moet/Chandon in here somewhere . . .

Tom! Who's been into the champagne supplies, again?

*begins to rummage around behind the bar* mutter, grumble . . . I know there's a bottle of Moet/Chandon in here somewhere . . .

"Not I" cried the duck. I'm a brewski dude...none of that fizzy juice for this kid.

Maybe Rolf tried to bribe the Maidens with it. :D

Does this mean you might grace us with your delightful presence next year?
Well, Tom, I never make plans that far ahead. :)

Ask around. Several sets of keys have been spotted lying about.

Goodnight, naked people. I'm very sleepy.

*extracts dusty bottle from deep beneath the cases strewn behind the bar*

Aha!

*gingerly uncoils wire and soooo gently extracts the cork*

There, now, my lady. How's this? Moet brut '85.;)

G'night Nero. :D

"Excuse me, does anyone here know how to fly a plane?"

Well, Tom, I never make plans that far ahead. :)

Ask around. Several sets of keys have been spotted lying about.

Goodnight, naked people. I'm very sleepy.

Fly a plane...no but once I went up with a guy and he let me have the controls for a few minutes...it was awsome!

Night Dian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back